Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A merry Xmas at least 07:21 - Nov 13 with 1907 viewssaint22

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/12/boris-johnson-on-last-chance-sa

Though if BoJo can’t lead his party in unison what hope for a pandemic/brexit ruined country and its population
A merry Xmas at least on 07:40 - Nov 13 with 1336 viewsJaySaint

I thought this was common knowledge months ago.
But great for the Guardian

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

A merry Xmas at least on 07:42 - Nov 13 with 1337 viewsBicester_North

Bojo ✔️
Guardian article link ✔️
Brexit ✔️
Uk is ruined ✔️

How many more will we be able to tick off in today’s Benny Bingo?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

A merry Xmas at least on 08:35 - Nov 13 with 1305 viewsdwayne_dibley

Be careful, the term "Merry Xmas" has serious religious bigotry issues

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

A merry Xmas at least on 09:11 - Nov 13 with 1282 viewsSadoldgit

It looks like we shall be going from one unelected person running the country to another in the PM’s fiancée.
A merry Xmas at least on 09:22 - Nov 13 with 1270 views1885_SFC

The Guardian, established by a cotton plantation owner using slave labour and being on the side of the Confederates against the abolition of Slavery. Hypocrisy at its best.

No thanks...

Old School is Cool

A merry Xmas at least on 09:40 - Nov 13 with 1247 viewsSadoldgit

In an ideal world, all of the media would be owned by Murdoch. 😉
A merry Xmas at least on 09:56 - Nov 13 with 1235 viewssaint22

A merry Xmas at least on 09:22 - Nov 13 by 1885_SFC

The Guardian, established by a cotton plantation owner using slave labour and being on the side of the Confederates against the abolition of Slavery. Hypocrisy at its best.

No thanks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54925322

Better?

Or would you prefer something from a right wing scare mongering sh1t rag like the Daily Fail or the express? Or Murdochs corrupt poisonous empire?
A merry Xmas at least on 09:58 - Nov 13 with 1231 viewsSadoldgit

No thanks...

Go back and check the facts. The Manchester Guardian as it was then was heavily against slavery and supported the anti slavery bill.
Login to get fewer ads

A merry Xmas at least on 10:11 - Nov 13 with 1221 views1885_SFC

A merry Xmas at least on 09:58 - Nov 13 by Sadoldgit

Go back and check the facts. The Manchester Guardian as it was then was heavily against slavery and supported the anti slavery bill.

Not founded by money made from the slave trade then?

Old School is Cool

A merry Xmas at least on 10:11 - Nov 13 with 1220 views1885_SFC

A merry Xmas at least on 09:56 - Nov 13 by saint22

Better?

Or would you prefer something from a right wing scare mongering sh1t rag like the Daily Fail or the express? Or Murdochs corrupt poisonous empire?

The BBC is even sh1tter!!!

Old School is Cool

A merry Xmas at least on 10:20 - Nov 13 with 1212 viewsKennington

I’m no Cummings fan but I admire him for what he’s delivered. He’s delivered Brexit and delivered an election win. I’m sure he’ll have companies and causes queueing up to hire him, as the man produces results at the highest level. He’s argusbly achieved more than any other lead policy maker for decades. He also doesn’t give a sh!t what people think of him, which in the days of being one message’ is refreshing.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

A merry Xmas at least on 10:24 - Nov 13 with 1210 viewsRon11

Better?

What is wrong with being 'right wing' exactly?
A merry Xmas at least on 10:44 - Nov 13 with 1181 viewsHeisenberg

A merry Xmas at least on 10:24 - Nov 13 by Ron11

Tell us what you like about being right wing Ron ? The proud history ? The struggle for justice and equality ? Or maybe it's just a uniform thing ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

A merry Xmas at least on 11:16 - Nov 13 with 1155 viewsSadoldgit

A merry Xmas at least on 10:11 - Nov 13 by 1885_SFC

Not founded by money made from the slave trade then?

I think you will find that the slave trade provided the cash for all kinds of ventures back then. Would you stop supporting the Tories if you found out they were supported by slave trade cash? The important thing is that a newspaper supporting social values was born and fought against slavery and other social injustices. If you find fault with that, so be it.

By the way, there is no evidence that founder John Edward Taylor either owned slaves or had any direct association with slavery. Just more fake news I’m afraid peddled by the right to discredit those calling them out.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 11:22]
A merry Xmas at least on 11:24 - Nov 13 with 1141 viewssaint22

A merry Xmas at least on 10:24 - Nov 13 by Ron11

oh give over
A merry Xmas at least on 11:43 - Nov 13 with 1122 viewsBicester_North

Better?

Daily fail, nice one. Not Daily Scum mail today??

We just need-
weirdo stalker freak
Faux leader
Systemic racism
Something about refs
Where is Salisu
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 11:48]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

A merry Xmas at least on 11:45 - Nov 13 with 1119 viewsdwayne_dibley

A merry Xmas at least on 11:16 - Nov 13 by Sadoldgit

I think you will find that the slave trade provided the cash for all kinds of ventures back then. Would you stop supporting the Tories if you found out they were supported by slave trade cash? The important thing is that a newspaper supporting social values was born and fought against slavery and other social injustices. If you find fault with that, so be it.

By the way, there is no evidence that founder John Edward Taylor either owned slaves or had any direct association with slavery. Just more fake news I’m afraid peddled by the right to discredit those calling them out.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2020 11:22]

but he had a wierd thing for dogs

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

A merry Xmas at least on 12:47 - Nov 13 with 1096 viewsgrumpy

A merry Xmas at least on 10:20 - Nov 13 by Kennington

I’m no Cummings fan but I admire him for what he’s delivered. He’s delivered Brexit and delivered an election win. I’m sure he’ll have companies and causes queueing up to hire him, as the man produces results at the highest level. He’s argusbly achieved more than any other lead policy maker for decades. He also doesn’t give a sh!t what people think of him, which in the days of being one message’ is refreshing.

It doesn't sound like you're not a Cummings fan.

Lets look at what he has delivered

Brexit, shall we see how that works out before congratulating him.

Election win that has put a clown and his puppets in charge. Look at how that has turned out.

By breaking the lock down rules he undermined the confidence people had in this government at a crucial time when we were fighting this virus.
Or do you believe he was testing his eyesight?

'He also doesn’t give a sh!t what people think of him'
Well that's just as well.
A merry Xmas at least on 13:42 - Nov 13 with 1075 viewsKennington

A merry Xmas at least on 12:47 - Nov 13 by grumpy

It doesn't sound like you're not a Cummings fan.

Lets look at what he has delivered

Brexit, shall we see how that works out before congratulating him.

Election win that has put a clown and his puppets in charge. Look at how that has turned out.

By breaking the lock down rules he undermined the confidence people had in this government at a crucial time when we were fighting this virus.
Or do you believe he was testing his eyesight?

'He also doesn’t give a sh!t what people think of him'
Well that's just as well.

I admire his achievements, but I don’t admire him. Much like I admire Robbie Savage’s football career but like Cummings he’s a coont too.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

A merry Xmas at least on 13:48 - Nov 13 with 1067 viewsdirk_doone

A merry Xmas at least on 10:20 - Nov 13 by Kennington

Hopefully, he'll go back to Moscow and we won't hear any more of him. Or maybe, he'll be reassigned to America to support Tump.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

A merry Xmas at least on 14:45 - Nov 13 with 1022 viewsstmichael

You should be happy.
All the Brexiteers leaving the party and The Tories going all Green.
Tories and Labour two peas from same smelly pod following the Globalist agenda and The Great Reset.
Drain the swamp..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

A merry Xmas at least on 14:48 - Nov 13 with 1020 viewssaint22

A merry Xmas at least on 13:42 - Nov 13 by Kennington

I admire his achievements, but I don’t admire him. Much like I admire Robbie Savage’s football career but like Cummings he’s a coont too.

Except that Savage's contribution to this world wont ruin the future of a country will it
A merry Xmas at least on 15:06 - Nov 13 with 1006 viewskingslandstand1

A merry Xmas at least on 07:42 - Nov 13 by Bicester_North

Bojo ✔️
Guardian article link ✔️
Brexit ✔️
Uk is ruined ✔️

How many more will we be able to tick off in today’s Benny Bingo?

Saints need a new CB as we will never get to see Salisu play?
A merry Xmas at least on 15:43 - Nov 13 with 991 viewsitoldyouso

No thanks...

Whilst I am not a great fan of this newspaper I don't understand the accusation of hypocrisy against the newspaper and those who run it now based on what you have said. I mean there are plenty of other reasons to cite a form of hypocrisy at its editorial team but not on the basis that hundreds of years ago a newspaper bearing its name was set up by a slaveowner.

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

A merry Xmas at least on 16:26 - Nov 13 with 975 viewsSadoldgit

A merry Xmas at least on 15:43 - Nov 13 by itoldyouso

Whilst I am not a great fan of this newspaper I don't understand the accusation of hypocrisy against the newspaper and those who run it now based on what you have said. I mean there are plenty of other reasons to cite a form of hypocrisy at its editorial team but not on the basis that hundreds of years ago a newspaper bearing its name was set up by a slaveowner.

That’s the thing though, he wasn’t a slave owner nor did he have any proven direct links with slavery. There seems to be an assumption that must be the case because he was involved in the cotton industry.

Whatever you think of The Guardian, we do not have a balanced print media in this country. Most parts are right leaning. The only paper that supports Labour is the Daily Mirror. The Guardian is centre left and is more of a liberal supporter paper. We could do with more papers that don’t slavishly follow the Tory Party. The media should be questioning anyone in power, no matter what party they are in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024