Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 16:03 - May 22 with 5840 viewsamex

I have just had letter from Saints saying my season ticket in Kingsland is going up to £999 because they are putting in padded seats and re-naming it Kingsland Plus.
If I don’t agree to pay increase I can pay standard rate and be moved to inferior seat. Been a season ticket holder for years, but not happy about this and might not now re new
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:07 - May 22 with 3988 viewsSaintsforeverj

Are you serious?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:26 - May 22 with 3951 viewsamex

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:07 - May 22 by Saintsforeverj

Are you serious?

Yes, very serious, letter came this morning., it is just block 31 where prices are going up by around 40%.
Very short sighted, I even left my 20/21 money with them on account as they requested and would have renewed without question. Now instead of getting 1 short of £1000 from me , they will lose out on the £700 and something I was ready to pay them.
No loyalty at all to a very loyal and long standing season ticket holder. They even asking for £100 deposit payable now, with £899 balance payable later.
Letter was from Anthony Cole-Johnson, Sales Director.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:46 - May 22 with 3903 viewssaint22

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:26 - May 22 by amex

Yes, very serious, letter came this morning., it is just block 31 where prices are going up by around 40%.
Very short sighted, I even left my 20/21 money with them on account as they requested and would have renewed without question. Now instead of getting 1 short of £1000 from me , they will lose out on the £700 and something I was ready to pay them.
No loyalty at all to a very loyal and long standing season ticket holder. They even asking for £100 deposit payable now, with £899 balance payable later.

Come on, if all you lot in there cough up we can buy a new left back!

Ffs what are they doing.....?
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:51 - May 22 with 3898 viewsSaintsforeverj

No thought for the loyal fans. Disgusting, during a pandemic too- Gao out. Gao's idea of take as much as possible from the fans and give nothing back.

At Man City last season, you could buy a season ticket for 325 pounds. Look at the entertainment they get. 999 pounds for padded seats? We really are being taken for mugs by this terrible owner.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:02]

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:12 - May 22 with 3826 viewsdwayne_dibley

basically sums up the attitude of any commercial organisation to their customer base. Loyalty is a PR myth used to retain income at lower cost

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:14 - May 22 with 3823 viewsamex

You get padded seats at Brighton‘a Amex stadium as standard.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:20 - May 22 with 3815 viewsRon11

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:14 - May 22 by amex

Must be for all those sore arses.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:22 - May 22 with 3814 viewsBerber

Was any of this mentioned at the Fans Forum? If this has just come out of the blue, it shows what a very sorry state the communications department are in.
Login to get fewer ads

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:27 - May 22 with 3804 viewsamex

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:14 - May 22 by amex

Mates with seats near me who got the same letter this morning are not going to pay this outrageous price increase for same seat with same view we have paid for over the years this century.(including when we went down)
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:29 - May 22 with 3789 viewssaintwizzler

This was my old block. I paid £737.
They asked me the question about Kingsland Plus in one of their many surveys they sent me.
I’m not surprised about the increase in the slightest. It was always going to happen in that area.

£52.50 a game now.

R well...
I’m sure my old seat won’t be empty. 🙁

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:32 - May 22 with 3787 viewsBlue

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 16:51 - May 22 by Saintsforeverj

No thought for the loyal fans. Disgusting, during a pandemic too- Gao out. Gao's idea of take as much as possible from the fans and give nothing back.

At Man City last season, you could buy a season ticket for 325 pounds. Look at the entertainment they get. 999 pounds for padded seats? We really are being taken for mugs by this terrible owner.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:02]

To be fair, at City, there are a VERY limited number of season tickets at that price and you don't get to choose your seat, they use the scheme to fill in odd single seats between existing season ticket holders.

I am in 115, bottom tier just to the left of the away fans and mine cost £635 at last renewal. Still not a bad price for the quality we see, I think.

There were a few hundred moved on at our stadium a few years back, for a similar scheme, called the Tunnel Club, they p1ssed off quite a few Blues by doing it, similar to the OP, people that had been in those seats around 15 years.

Still stood in the Kippax

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:36 - May 22 with 3772 viewsSaintsforeverj

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:32 - May 22 by Blue

To be fair, at City, there are a VERY limited number of season tickets at that price and you don't get to choose your seat, they use the scheme to fill in odd single seats between existing season ticket holders.

I am in 115, bottom tier just to the left of the away fans and mine cost £635 at last renewal. Still not a bad price for the quality we see, I think.

There were a few hundred moved on at our stadium a few years back, for a similar scheme, called the Tunnel Club, they p1ssed off quite a few Blues by doing it, similar to the OP, people that had been in those seats around 15 years.

£635 for watching the champions win nearly every game in a top class stadium is pretty good. For Saints, to think our long suffering fans should pay a grand to watch us lose most weeks is taking the P. And let's remember that at the top clubs, some tourist will pay but its unlikely here. The tourist would be mad. Our leadership at Saints are taking us for mugs.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:40]

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:44 - May 22 with 3750 viewsButty101

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 17:36 - May 22 by Saintsforeverj

£635 for watching the champions win nearly every game in a top class stadium is pretty good. For Saints, to think our long suffering fans should pay a grand to watch us lose most weeks is taking the P. And let's remember that at the top clubs, some tourist will pay but its unlikely here. The tourist would be mad. Our leadership at Saints are taking us for mugs.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:40]

As Nick would say, saints support is rubbish, any other club fans in the premiership would gladly pay this and more. Saints fans have no ambition, why should Gao put his money where his mouth is when the fans won’t.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 17:45]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:00 - May 22 with 3705 viewsMytchettSaint

One can only assume that there is an over subscription in people wanting padded seats at St Mary’s and their hand has been forced into doing this, alternatively it’s an absolutely bonkers decision.
I think I know which way I’m erring here though.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:25 - May 22 with 3667 viewsdwayne_dibley

so they are creating a padded area for corporate tossers whose anal sphincters need to be coddled

probably sponsored by Vasoline
[Post edited 22 May 2021 18:28]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:32 - May 22 with 3648 viewsSaintsforeverj

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:25 - May 22 by dwayne_dibley

so they are creating a padded area for corporate tossers whose anal sphincters need to be coddled

probably sponsored by Vasoline
[Post edited 22 May 2021 18:28]

A padded area that will likely be empty. When they had a corporate away coach for away games, it was empty. When they made fans pay to enter the supporters club, it was empty. All very well having corporate areas at the top clubs. These clubs find buyers across the world. I can't see many rich corporates rushing to watch us lose most weeks. But more to the point, some of the loyal fans who are there come what may, will turn away from the club because it cares more about rich tourists than loyal fans of 50 years.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 18:37]

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:34 - May 22 with 3646 viewsBLEEDRED

Would be good if everyone in block 31 called the club's bluff and cancelled their season ticket (of course some will just pay it!!)
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:33 - May 22 with 3560 viewskingslandstand1

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 18:32 - May 22 by Saintsforeverj

A padded area that will likely be empty. When they had a corporate away coach for away games, it was empty. When they made fans pay to enter the supporters club, it was empty. All very well having corporate areas at the top clubs. These clubs find buyers across the world. I can't see many rich corporates rushing to watch us lose most weeks. But more to the point, some of the loyal fans who are there come what may, will turn away from the club because it cares more about rich tourists than loyal fans of 50 years.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 18:37]

So at these fans forums with intent on keeping the man in the street up to date with what's happening at the club, is in fact a load of bolox!
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:34 - May 22 with 3557 viewsSouthSeaSaint

To be fair I doubt this has anything to do with Gao.

I assume it is another Head of Commercial completely misreading how to deal with (long suffering as far as Saints are concerned at SMS) fans.

This will end up as another balls up as previous Heads of Commercial have made in respect of Corporate Boxes (used to be a full complement of 47, now down to a handful) and the Corporate Lounges.

I can't see many season ticket holders or indeed match by match fans stumping up at the prices suggested and there is every possibility that those displaced wont renew.

Of course if all the extra income will be put towards a host of quality players, where do I sign up!!!!!
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 20:36 - May 22 with 3458 viewsamex

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 19:34 - May 22 by SouthSeaSaint

To be fair I doubt this has anything to do with Gao.

I assume it is another Head of Commercial completely misreading how to deal with (long suffering as far as Saints are concerned at SMS) fans.

This will end up as another balls up as previous Heads of Commercial have made in respect of Corporate Boxes (used to be a full complement of 47, now down to a handful) and the Corporate Lounges.

I can't see many season ticket holders or indeed match by match fans stumping up at the prices suggested and there is every possibility that those displaced wont renew.

Of course if all the extra income will be put towards a host of quality players, where do I sign up!!!!!

I will not be paying it. Will pay to re new but not putting up with 40% increase. I was never consulted (despite what their very poor stooge St. weisler claims, what survey, complete lies).
I was there when both Terry Paine and Tony Funnell got us promotion at Orient 65, 76, 79, 03 Cup Finals, great times in 80’s, think I deserve and pay for decent seat, this is how I am treated.
Oh well, good luck Saints in what you want to achieve but I am out.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 20:53 - May 22 with 3431 viewsSaintsforeverj

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 20:36 - May 22 by amex

I will not be paying it. Will pay to re new but not putting up with 40% increase. I was never consulted (despite what their very poor stooge St. weisler claims, what survey, complete lies).
I was there when both Terry Paine and Tony Funnell got us promotion at Orient 65, 76, 79, 03 Cup Finals, great times in 80’s, think I deserve and pay for decent seat, this is how I am treated.

Good for you. Let's see what they do with the prices of season tickets around the ground. I know a few fans who haven't missed the PL, and are thinking of not renewing, especially if they put the prices up. They need to be careful here. We have had a poor end to the season, hearing our best players might be sold, many fans want Gao out, many people are fed up with the greedy PL. Charging loyal fans 1000 pounds won't go down well either.

Loyal fans like you for decades are already paying a decent amount towards the club and have done for 60 years. They want you out of your seat for a mystery rich man who they think can't wait to pay a grand to watch the Saints, when they could watch Man City and even Man U for half the price. Its absolute madness. Those seats will be empty and loyal fans like you will understandably feel let down.
[Post edited 22 May 2021 20:56]

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 21:20 - May 22 with 3396 viewsgrumpy

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 20:36 - May 22 by amex

What on earth is going on?
How many fans do they think are going to turn up?
I was at the Orient game too, amex and have watched Saints through the good and the trying times and I do think they should encourage loyal fans such as yourself.
Just remember those great years at the Dell, the players, games and characters that you have seen.
The Powers in Football in this country need to have a good at themselves.
Its the fans that have brought worldwide interest, without them the game will die.
Remember going through a Turnstile, paying on the day and standing with your mates watching the game,those were the days.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 21:35 - May 22 with 3363 viewsWaylander

I'm a member rather than ST holder, but I've picked up singleton tickets in block 31 for a fair number of games. Looks like I'll be in adjacent blocks next season.
Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 22:22 - May 22 with 3301 viewscocklebreath

Idiot club t as king the piss

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 22:25 - May 22 with 3300 viewsamex

Huge season ticket increase 21/22 on 21:35 - May 22 by Waylander

I'm a member rather than ST holder, but I've picked up singleton tickets in block 31 for a fair number of games. Looks like I'll be in adjacent blocks next season.

Yes it is good seat but speak to me first. Not just announce out of the blue 40% price increase and say patronising things like you have great view, yes I know, have sat there for 20 years !!
It has left me feeling disappointed with club, expected more respect, it could be a very poor Sales Director who has no clue about what supporting a football club is all about . I hope so .
“ As loyal fan want you to be first to know we are enhancing your supporter experience by increasing price of your seat by 40%”. Awful job by whoever sent that letter out to all in block 31.
Dreadful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024