Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Echo Saints Coverage 09:09 - Jun 16 with 2610 viewsSaintNick

This was once one of the best ways to follow Saints in the media, but gone down hill in the past few years.

This was evidenced today when the fixtures were released, it took them 4 mins to get up and then only a resume of some of the games and at 9.09 they still havent printed the full fixture list.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:23 - Jun 16 with 2295 viewssaints__fan__73

4 whole minutes??? They should be ashamed.

I know it's a daily battle for you to come to terms with the fact its not the 80s anymore but the world of printed media has changed just a bit due to that interweb thing.

All printed media companies are struggling to survive and employ a fraction of the people they did 30 years ago. The article was probably put on the Echo's web site by a Media Studies graduate on 15k per year.

The only surprising thing is that the first place you went looking for fixtures was the Echo web site....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:35 - Jun 16 with 2274 viewsPoirot

No local sports reporter anymore and not even printed in our sacred city.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 10:07 - Jun 16 with 2243 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:23 - Jun 16 by saints__fan__73

I know it's a daily battle for you to come to terms with the fact its not the 80s anymore but the world of printed media has changed just a bit due to that interweb thing.

All printed media companies are struggling to survive and employ a fraction of the people they did 30 years ago. The article was probably put on the Echo's web site by a Media Studies graduate on 15k per year.

The only surprising thing is that the first place you went looking for fixtures was the Echo web site....

Do you ever have anything relevant to say, you contradict yourself a little here in your haste to have a little dig lol, you are right it is not the 1980's it is the digital age and the media will have had the fixtures yesterday afternoon with them embargoed until 9am this morning.

You are right the printed media is struggling to survive and the Daily Echo has not adapted, other printed media have done so and survived and prospered, this was perhaps an opportunity for the Echo to get increased page hits and therefore increased advertising revenue, but they failed miserably.

I checked several sites this morning as few would carry the full fixture lists at 9am only the Echo and the Saints official website usually.

At least I surprised you, which is more than I can say about this post, it was highly predictable

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 10:26 - Jun 16 with 2222 viewsBison

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:35 - Jun 16 by Poirot

No local sports reporter anymore and not even printed in our sacred city.

HampshireLive seem to take a big interest in Saints nowadays and are generally supportive with lots of articles

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/breaking-southampton

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 11:32 - Jun 16 with 2199 viewssaints__fan__73

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 10:07 - Jun 16 by SaintNick

Do you ever have anything relevant to say, you contradict yourself a little here in your haste to have a little dig lol, you are right it is not the 1980's it is the digital age and the media will have had the fixtures yesterday afternoon with them embargoed until 9am this morning.

You are right the printed media is struggling to survive and the Daily Echo has not adapted, other printed media have done so and survived and prospered, this was perhaps an opportunity for the Echo to get increased page hits and therefore increased advertising revenue, but they failed miserably.

I checked several sites this morning as few would carry the full fixture lists at 9am only the Echo and the Saints official website usually.

At least I surprised you, which is more than I can say about this post, it was highly predictable

I would love to know this list you have of printed media companies that are thriving and prospering.

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 2125 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 10:26 - Jun 16 by Bison

HampshireLive seem to take a big interest in Saints nowadays and are generally supportive with lots of articles

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/breaking-southampton

Hampshire Live have a reporter who lives somewhere near Birmingham and has no connection to the City

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:06 - Jun 16 with 2093 viewsdirk_doone

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:39 - Jun 16 by SaintNick

Hampshire Live have a reporter who lives somewhere near Birmingham and has no connection to the City

It is published by the UK's largest newspaper group, Reach plc, which used to be known as the Mirror group. Their HQ is in London. their political stance is fairly ambivalent nowadays because as well as the Daily Mirror, they also publish the Daily Express. They use the same people to write Surrey Live and Hampshire Live.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:28 - Jun 16 with 2076 viewssaints__fan__73

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:39 - Jun 16 by SaintNick

Well I suppose at least he's not a Scouser.

Login to get fewer ads

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:24 - Jun 16 with 2021 viewssaints__fan__73

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:06 - Jun 16 by dirk_doone

It is published by the UK's largest newspaper group, Reach plc, which used to be known as the Mirror group. Their HQ is in London. their political stance is fairly ambivalent nowadays because as well as the Daily Mirror, they also publish the Daily Express. They use the same people to write Surrey Live and Hampshire Live.

You're wasting your time Dirk. Nick is stuck time warp where local newspapers are located and printed in the City and use locally based journos.

He's probably still trying to find Ocean Sound on his wireless.

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:51 - Jun 16 with 1994 viewsDellHero_Would

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:24 - Jun 16 by saints__fan__73

You're wasting your time Dirk. Nick is stuck time warp where local newspapers are located and printed in the City and use locally based journos.

Ocean Sound, there’s a blast from the past.

At the time I was working in a fab shop and the old boy welder would only have Ocean Gold on the radio. They’d play the same songs every day on a loop. Bobby Vinton, Blue Velvet on a loop
Lol.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:24 - Jun 17 with 1713 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:24 - Jun 16 by saints__fan__73

The Liverpool Echo and other regional papers seem to do ok being based in their home city's and covering the news that the residents of that City want to read about

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:08 - Jun 17 with 1698 viewssolent_toffee

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:24 - Jun 17 by SaintNick

The Liverpool Echo and other regional papers seem to do ok being based in their home city's and covering the news that the residents of that City want to read about

To be fair, the Liverpool Echo is an absolute joke of a rag that is a propaganda for the red machine. Everton have no relationship with them anymore and most blues treat it with the contempt they deserve. Most of their Everton news is picked up from trawling those woeful HiTC sites or footballinside nonsense.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 16:10 - Jun 17 with 1649 viewssaints__fan__73

Thriving.....

https://www.inpublishing.co.uk/articles/what-a-difference-40-years-make-717

And since that article has fallen by half again to 23,000

https://www.abc.org.uk/product/9783

Thriving......
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 16:11]

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 17:07 - Jun 17 with 1626 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Nick,
As someone with Liverpool family connections you should know that the Liverpool Echo is now printed in Oldham, Greater Manchester (much to the annoyance of many Scousers)
As mentioned elsewhere the paper is now owned by the Mirror Group which fits in very well with the left of centre political views of most Merseysiders.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 21:56 - Jun 19 with 1451 viewsbarry_sanchez

I'd have to disagree with that to a degree, the online Liverpool Echo is shite, the paper isn't so bad but its a proper depressing read.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 11:57 - Jun 21 with 1251 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 21:56 - Jun 19 by barry_sanchez

I'd have to disagree with that to a degree, the online Liverpool Echo is shite, the paper isn't so bad but its a proper depressing read.

The issue is not about where its printed its about content and reporting, the Liverpool Echo just seems to have a lot more local stuff than our echo

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:01 - Jun 21 with 1245 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 16:10 - Jun 17 by saints__fan__73

Thriving.....

https://www.inpublishing.co.uk/articles/what-a-difference-40-years-make-717

And since that article has fallen by half again to 23,000

https://www.abc.org.uk/product/9783

Thriving......
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 16:11]

I never claimed that the paper had as big a circulation than it used to have that is obvious it wont have that as times change.

But it has adapted well to the change and embraced the online version etc , our Daily Echo chose to go along the cost cutting route in order to survive; Liverpool Echo seems to have kept the local news etc and worked on it

Please feel free to post a link to the number of street urchins selling the Echo from 1896 to the present day to emphasise just how it has declined

This post has been edited by an administrator

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:06 - Jun 21 with 1236 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:08 - Jun 17 by solent_toffee

To be fair, the Liverpool Echo is an absolute joke of a rag that is a propaganda for the red machine. Everton have no relationship with them anymore and most blues treat it with the contempt they deserve. Most of their Everton news is picked up from trawling those woeful HiTC sites or footballinside nonsense.

As you know ST, media outlets target the biggest markets and base their content on attracting them, so if it is biased towards the red side of things, there must be more of them out there in Liverpool

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 17:27 - Jun 21 with 1176 viewssolent_toffee

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:06 - Jun 21 by SaintNick

As you know ST, media outlets target the biggest markets and base their content on attracting them, so if it is biased towards the red side of things, there must be more of them out there in Liverpool

It’s a piss poor rag all round to be fair. They seem to love the whole scouse aren’t we great nonsense.

Add to that their constant reference to Everton in the court reporting, it’s embarrassing.

Lad gets done for burglary, being led down the reporter asks who he supports, cue the headline Everton fan scum sent to prison. It’s a constant, sickening bias.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 08:45 - Jun 22 with 1082 viewsSaintNick

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 17:27 - Jun 21 by solent_toffee

It’s a piss poor rag all round to be fair. They seem to love the whole scouse aren’t we great nonsense.

Add to that their constant reference to Everton in the court reporting, it’s embarrassing.

Lad gets done for burglary, being led down the reporter asks who he supports, cue the headline Everton fan scum sent to prison. It’s a constant, sickening bias.

In fairness to the Echo they are pandering to the crowd who all buy into the we are Scouse not English theory and have rewritten history to make out that they are all lovable rogues and not the drug capital of Britain.

Im not sure even the Liverpool Echo will have a headline saying Everton Scum sent to prison for a burglary lol

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:07 - Jun 22 with 1078 viewsBerber

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 09:23 - Jun 16 by saints__fan__73

Spot on, I bet that bit of tomfoolery, "Fuming" FootballFanCast, that appears to be penned by an adolescent schoolboy gets more daily views than the Echo. Very sad I know, but that is the media world we are living in.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:46 - Jun 22 with 1037 viewsbarry_sanchez

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 11:57 - Jun 21 by SaintNick

The issue is not about where its printed its about content and reporting, the Liverpool Echo just seems to have a lot more local stuff than our echo

Yes the Southampton Echo only has neighbour's disputes over a lawn mower or how a chav when crazy in Tesco's but that is the charm I suppose, we have news you don't want to read about locally, shootings, drug wars, stabbings, homophobic attacks and these are the ones that people know about.

The Liverpool Echo isn't even a Scouse paper, its printed in Oldham.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:26 - Jun 22 with 1013 viewsSadoldgit

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 12:46 - Jun 22 by barry_sanchez

Yes the Southampton Echo only has neighbour's disputes over a lawn mower or how a chav when crazy in Tesco's but that is the charm I suppose, we have news you don't want to read about locally, shootings, drug wars, stabbings, homophobic attacks and these are the ones that people know about.

The Liverpool Echo isn't even a Scouse paper, its printed in Oldham.

Does it matter where it is printed? Surely it is the content that is important not where it is produced. If you had said Cornwall I might have agreed with you. Printing centres cost money and it makes no commercial sense to print every local paper locally.
Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:07 - Jun 22 with 999 viewsbarry_sanchez

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 13:26 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

Does it matter where it is printed? Surely it is the content that is important not where it is produced. If you had said Cornwall I might have agreed with you. Printing centres cost money and it makes no commercial sense to print every local paper locally.

Thanks for that gem of mercantile knowledge.......

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:11 - Jun 22 with 997 viewsSadoldgit

Daily Echo Saints Coverage on 14:07 - Jun 22 by barry_sanchez

Thanks for that gem of mercantile knowledge.......

You’re welcome. Also you will be pleased to hear that I will no longer eat Brighton Rock as I have discovered that it is not made in Brighton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024