Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game 22:29 - Aug 19 with 1838 viewsSaintNick

Interesting article from one of the Newcastle fan sites

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/08/extraordinary-number-of-unsold-newcastle-v-sout

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 06:32 - Aug 20 with 1705 viewsSalisburySaint

Interesting stuff, and he’s spot on about our support I counted our number sold last night and it’s just under 1,000 at the moment

Unless all their fans are going away for bank holiday it must be a concern to Newcastle, that sales so low, having said that Saints should also be concerned at poor sales for Man U game
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 08:40 - Aug 20 with 1619 viewsgreen

Always annoys me when people berate our support saying that we don’t travel to Newcastle (which is true) but Newcastle fans come to Southampton. I’m fairly sure there are more Newcastle fans dotted around the country meaning they don’t all have as far to travel. There must be a lot of Newcastle fans living in London who make the trip.

Worrying numbers for our home ticket sales, hopefully the club will look at the pricing strategy for home games, not that it’s much use to season ticket holders now.
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 1614 viewsSaintNick

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 08:40 - Aug 20 by green

Always annoys me when people berate our support saying that we don’t travel to Newcastle (which is true) but Newcastle fans come to Southampton. I’m fairly sure there are more Newcastle fans dotted around the country meaning they don’t all have as far to travel. There must be a lot of Newcastle fans living in London who make the trip.

Worrying numbers for our home ticket sales, hopefully the club will look at the pricing strategy for home games, not that it’s much use to season ticket holders now.

The truth is that there are a lot more exiles in the South from the North than vice versa, so you do have a good point there, but the fact is that our away support whilst ok in terms of numbers often isnt great once we get past Birmingham.

Saints pricing strategy is pretty average compared to the rest of the Premier League, in some areas it is better, but it should be noted that in the area where they have reduced down the prices the season tickets at £399 for adults (£21 a game) are far from sold out and even at £20 a ticket for lower games dont sell out.

The pricing structure is not the biggest element in the equation, also if you reduce down the ticket prices you reduce down income and that has a knock on affect

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 09:25 - Aug 20 with 1576 viewsBuggalugs

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 08:48 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

The truth is that there are a lot more exiles in the South from the North than vice versa, so you do have a good point there, but the fact is that our away support whilst ok in terms of numbers often isnt great once we get past Birmingham.

Saints pricing strategy is pretty average compared to the rest of the Premier League, in some areas it is better, but it should be noted that in the area where they have reduced down the prices the season tickets at £399 for adults (£21 a game) are far from sold out and even at £20 a ticket for lower games dont sell out.

The pricing structure is not the biggest element in the equation, also if you reduce down the ticket prices you reduce down income and that has a knock on affect

Apathy is the biggest problem amongst Saints fans. People just can't been arsed with it anymore.

Of course, that would change if we had a more competitive side and were winning more.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 15:22 - Aug 20 with 1396 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 08:48 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

The thing is with the away games, it is the price, with the long journeys. We thought about going but a 5 am start on the coach plus 6 or 7 hours journey up there and back isn't appealing and that's the cheapest way. We looked at the train for 4, with a rail card and it is 500 pounds plus
Add to that, who would go to those lengths when Saints arn't giving us much to cheer about? The view at Newcastle is also like watching ants. At least Newcastle fans coming to St Mary's get a better view.

The cheaper Newport tickets on the other hand, and not so far to go, sold out in a day. And as someone said above, the big problem is apathy. We won't get anywhere, Newcastle won't get anywhere, hence both clubs not selling tickets.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 15:52 - Aug 20 with 1356 viewsSaintsforeverj

Just looked an the online sales for Man U. The cheapest tickets are sold out. Block 11 to 14 are sold.out. That is the cheaper area you mention. All that's left is £45 tickets plus. Some of those are £55, £65 and £89. It's too expensive.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:54]

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 1300 viewsfranniesTache

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 15:52 - Aug 20 by Saintsforeverj

Just looked an the online sales for Man U. The cheapest tickets are sold out. Block 11 to 14 are sold.out. That is the cheaper area you mention. All that's left is £45 tickets plus. Some of those are £55, £65 and £89. It's too expensive.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:54]

£89 for a ticket to the football is a f*cking disgrace to be honest, you could fly abroad for that, factor in the money you spend on food drink etc. and assuming two people and you're not getting a lot of change from £300.

For one game...
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 1294 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 16:45 - Aug 20 by franniesTache

£89 for a ticket to the football is a f*cking disgrace to be honest, you could fly abroad for that, factor in the money you spend on food drink etc. and assuming two people and you're not getting a lot of change from £300.

For one game...

It's disgraceful and I bet a fair few of the £89 tickets have been taken up by Man U fans. I don't know any Saints fans who would pay that to watch us probably get thrashed. And the loyal season ticket holders can't get in as they haven't received their tickets.

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 1210 viewscynicalsaint

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 09:25 - Aug 20 by Buggalugs

Apathy is the biggest problem amongst Saints fans. People just can't been arsed with it anymore.

Of course, that would change if we had a more competitive side and were winning more.

It's not apathy.

It's a conscious decision to opt out.

Gao (Ashley for NUFC, plenty of others) isn't good for us, so why prop him up with more investment. If you want change stop feeding the machine. All over us when they needed our ST money - communications since then ? You're a stooge.

The EPL is totally distorted - so why invest in a competition which we cant win or even compete in? Season tickets, merch, Sky, BT sport - subscribe and sustain the problem that you are all moaning about.

I'm 40 years+ season ticket holder but no more - i long for the good old days but thats not what football is now.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 21:13]
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:28 - Aug 20 with 1184 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:12 - Aug 20 by cynicalsaint

It's not apathy.

Gao (Ashley for NUFC, plenty of others) isn't good for us, so why prop him up with more investment. If you want change stop feeding the machine. All over us when they needed our ST money - communications since then ? You're a stooge.

The EPL is totally distorted - so why invest in a competition which we cant win or even compete in? Season tickets, merch, Sky, BT sport - subscribe and sustain the problem that you are all moaning about.

I'm 40 years+ season ticket holder but no more - i long for the good old days but thats not what football is now.

A good post. I still go, but many people just don't enjoy going anymore. Saints lose most of the games, the fans are treated really badly re. Tickets etc. They don't ever offer free away travel to loyal fans or anything. They don't care about the fans (unless you are paying £89 for a leather seat) and yes this is a PL thing too. So you're opting out. It's understandable.

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:54 - Aug 20 with 1167 viewsBuggalugs

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:12 - Aug 20 by cynicalsaint

It's not apathy.

It’s called evolution. You’ll never get the change you crave…we’re way past that now. Modern football is undeniably w@nk and there’s so much to despise about it, so I don’t for one minute frown on those that don’t go anymore. I don’t blame them in the slightest.

Personally, I try not to over-think it. As things stand I can afford go, I enjoy the day out and I still get a big buzz when we score that crucial goal or win that important match. If you don’t get that, then why would you bother?

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 00:28 - Aug 21 with 1102 viewsElijahK

It's not apathy.

Spot on mate, and many people are starting to do this, as it is getting to a point now where everyone who’s not a “top 6” team fan is just fed up and isn’t bothering to go anymore, and even then it’s not just the price and money but the fact that it looks like we’re not gonna have a “top 4”, as well as a “top 6” and not excluding VAR if that doesn’t get sorted out! I mean there’s just soo many issues/problems with football hence why soo many fans are starting to get soo fed up with it.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 00:34 - Aug 21 with 1101 viewsElijahK

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 21:54 - Aug 20 by Buggalugs

It’s called evolution. You’ll never get the change you crave…we’re way past that now. Modern football is undeniably w@nk and there’s so much to despise about it, so I don’t for one minute frown on those that don’t go anymore. I don’t blame them in the slightest.

Personally, I try not to over-think it. As things stand I can afford go, I enjoy the day out and I still get a big buzz when we score that crucial goal or win that important match. If you don’t get that, then why would you bother?

Well things will change by the looks of things, as other than the “top 6”, Leicester and maybe Villa/Everton, all the issues we’re facing, many other teams are getting as well, and you’ve also got the fact that the teams are now finishing in even more of a reoccurring pattern hence why soo many are wondering of why they pay soo much for something that they know the result of. And if things don’t change then it’ll only be fans/tourists at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City/United games, as people will be fed up elsewhere.

But yeah many people do go for the day out and love the buzz of getting that last minute winner… but the thing is that we just don’t get them anymore. I mean all your guaranteed anymore is to have a few beers with some mates before/after a game, that’s it, as these buzzing feelings just don’t happen anymore as it’s just boring now, hence why soo many fans don’t go anymore and just watch the games from the pub/just go to the pub for a drink.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 1008 viewsBuggalugs

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 00:34 - Aug 21 by ElijahK

Well things will change by the looks of things, as other than the “top 6”, Leicester and maybe Villa/Everton, all the issues we’re facing, many other teams are getting as well, and you’ve also got the fact that the teams are now finishing in even more of a reoccurring pattern hence why soo many are wondering of why they pay soo much for something that they know the result of. And if things don’t change then it’ll only be fans/tourists at the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City/United games, as people will be fed up elsewhere.

But yeah many people do go for the day out and love the buzz of getting that last minute winner… but the thing is that we just don’t get them anymore. I mean all your guaranteed anymore is to have a few beers with some mates before/after a game, that’s it, as these buzzing feelings just don’t happen anymore as it’s just boring now, hence why soo many fans don’t go anymore and just watch the games from the pub/just go to the pub for a drink.

I disagree. Since our return to the Premier league in 2012, we’ve had so many more good times than the previous 2 decades. We’ve had some proper world class players playing for us, high league finishes, 2 seasons in Europe, FA cup semi twice, League cup final, beaten all the top clubs, including several wins at their grounds. From a footballing perspective, it really doesn’t seem so bad to me.

The Premier League has never been more competitive and I think those who say it’s not are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. In the 90’s, Man Utd won everything….no-one else got a look in. Do people really think it was more competitive then? Do people think we had more of a chance of success then? The only shining lights I remember were constantly beating relegation and the joy of watching Matty do his thing.

The frustrations come because we never quite get there. We never get to keep our best players. We never get to move to that next level. That’s what grinds people down…seeing the potential, having the hope, then facing up to it all being ripped apart and having to start again.

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 10:23 - Aug 21 with 995 viewsSaintNick

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 09:57 - Aug 21 by Buggalugs

I disagree. Since our return to the Premier league in 2012, we’ve had so many more good times than the previous 2 decades. We’ve had some proper world class players playing for us, high league finishes, 2 seasons in Europe, FA cup semi twice, League cup final, beaten all the top clubs, including several wins at their grounds. From a footballing perspective, it really doesn’t seem so bad to me.

The Premier League has never been more competitive and I think those who say it’s not are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. In the 90’s, Man Utd won everything….no-one else got a look in. Do people really think it was more competitive then? Do people think we had more of a chance of success then? The only shining lights I remember were constantly beating relegation and the joy of watching Matty do his thing.

The frustrations come because we never quite get there. We never get to keep our best players. We never get to move to that next level. That’s what grinds people down…seeing the potential, having the hope, then facing up to it all being ripped apart and having to start again.

You are right, this is far from the worst period in Saints history, the 90's were far worse, what has changed is people's perspective, Lawrie McMenemy said back in 1976 that the difference between Southampton fans and those in the North is that up there the fans turn up and give something to the team whereas down here the team has to give something to the fans before they chip in.

This still seems to be the case, a sizable section of the fans demand that the Chinese owner puts his hand in his pocket for hundreds of millions, but they themselves are not willing to shell out £40 on a ticket and there is always a good reason why they are not going too.

Personally I think we are on a slippery slope where we cant succeed because we are surrounded by negativity, bizarrely parallels can be drawn with the ESL fiasco, football is stuck in a situation where the rich get richer etc, the game can only be changed by the rich clubs leaving the Premier League for a European super league.

We need to get back to a situation where the team play in front of a crowd that supports them, back in 1993 when we protested against the board, we channelled the energy into creating support for the team itself, we should have gone down on several occasions but the crowd kept the team going.

There are some great supporters out there , but a minority are all over social media telling everyone that everything is sh*t and after 8 years of it people are believing them.

What really hacks me off though is despite all these people gripes they do absolutely nothing about it other than whing on social media.

If they are so passionate then get of their arses and do something about it, we are the only club in the league who have no local based supporters club. we have no Supporters trust, this is a shameful thing, where is there someone who will stand up and be counted.

I'm sorry but the fact is that if people out there think the club is so bad etc etc, then either do something to try and change it or walk away and let the rest of us enjoy supporting the club.

This rant is not aimed at Buggalugs whose post I have replied to or anyone in particular and I.m sure that I will get a raft of excuses from people as to why they can't "protest" they have to put the bins out on a tuesday etc, but tomorrow is the perfect opportunity, the thousands of fans who havent received their season tickets can meet up at the Ted Bates statue and show their dissent, football club boards take no notice of individuals on social media, 300 of you outside the Itchen Stand will make them sit up and notice.

It won't happen though as that would mean actually doing something

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 13:54 - Aug 21 with 930 viewskingolaf

I’m not going because I don’t want to spunk upwards of £40 to watch the same old rubbish.
Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 14:08 - Aug 21 with 925 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle Fans Arent Buying Tickets For The Saints Game on 10:23 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

You are right, this is far from the worst period in Saints history, the 90's were far worse, what has changed is people's perspective, Lawrie McMenemy said back in 1976 that the difference between Southampton fans and those in the North is that up there the fans turn up and give something to the team whereas down here the team has to give something to the fans before they chip in.

This still seems to be the case, a sizable section of the fans demand that the Chinese owner puts his hand in his pocket for hundreds of millions, but they themselves are not willing to shell out £40 on a ticket and there is always a good reason why they are not going too.

Personally I think we are on a slippery slope where we cant succeed because we are surrounded by negativity, bizarrely parallels can be drawn with the ESL fiasco, football is stuck in a situation where the rich get richer etc, the game can only be changed by the rich clubs leaving the Premier League for a European super league.

We need to get back to a situation where the team play in front of a crowd that supports them, back in 1993 when we protested against the board, we channelled the energy into creating support for the team itself, we should have gone down on several occasions but the crowd kept the team going.

There are some great supporters out there , but a minority are all over social media telling everyone that everything is sh*t and after 8 years of it people are believing them.

What really hacks me off though is despite all these people gripes they do absolutely nothing about it other than whing on social media.

If they are so passionate then get of their arses and do something about it, we are the only club in the league who have no local based supporters club. we have no Supporters trust, this is a shameful thing, where is there someone who will stand up and be counted.

I'm sorry but the fact is that if people out there think the club is so bad etc etc, then either do something to try and change it or walk away and let the rest of us enjoy supporting the club.

This rant is not aimed at Buggalugs whose post I have replied to or anyone in particular and I.m sure that I will get a raft of excuses from people as to why they can't "protest" they have to put the bins out on a tuesday etc, but tomorrow is the perfect opportunity, the thousands of fans who havent received their season tickets can meet up at the Ted Bates statue and show their dissent, football club boards take no notice of individuals on social media, 300 of you outside the Itchen Stand will make them sit up and notice.

It won't happen though as that would mean actually doing something

Not true about fans from the north turning up and giving something to the team. Have you seen the title of this thread? Those fans from the north, arn't buying tickets and they moan like mad about Ashley. So what you are writing is completely wrong.

I agree about the top clubs needing to go off into their own super League. You have to remember that back in the 90's we had a very small ground, so struggling was more acceptable. We also had a group of players, Le Tiss, Benali, Dodd, Beattie and the rest who gave blood , sweat, tears and loyalty. They signed autographs and posed for photos at Staplewood. It doesn't happen anymore and you can't relate to the players.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 22:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024