Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! 11:05 - Sep 15 with 1215 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55758/eddie-howe-holding

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 11:41 - Sep 15 with 1169 viewssaintwizzler

He has bolstered the squad in the full back area to some success in my opinion. Getting shot of a passenger in Bertrand who believed he deserved a 2 year contract with Perraud and Small.
Livramento was a superb signing, well done to all involved.

The goalkeeping situation is still a worry as is quality at Center Back.
Lyanco has come in and we will see. Cover for Romeu was also required but hopefully Diallo can become that.

Ralph can pick the team and the tactics but when that whistle goes it is ultimately down to the players.
If they don’t perform then it’s all eyes on the manager.

Man City this weekend is a ‘free hit’ the following week is where the team need to kick on and turn good displays against Everton first half, Man Utd, Newcastle and West Ham into three points versus Wolves.

With Chelsea after that we really don’t want the stat of Played 7, Won 0 going into the international break.

I’d love to see Ralph Jazz Handing around the pitch at approximately 16:00 on Sunday 26th September!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 12:03 - Sep 15 with 1158 viewsSaintNick

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 11:41 - Sep 15 by saintwizzler

He has bolstered the squad in the full back area to some success in my opinion. Getting shot of a passenger in Bertrand who believed he deserved a 2 year contract with Perraud and Small.
Livramento was a superb signing, well done to all involved.

The goalkeeping situation is still a worry as is quality at Center Back.
Lyanco has come in and we will see. Cover for Romeu was also required but hopefully Diallo can become that.

Ralph can pick the team and the tactics but when that whistle goes it is ultimately down to the players.
If they don’t perform then it’s all eyes on the manager.

Man City this weekend is a ‘free hit’ the following week is where the team need to kick on and turn good displays against Everton first half, Man Utd, Newcastle and West Ham into three points versus Wolves.

With Chelsea after that we really don’t want the stat of Played 7, Won 0 going into the international break.

I’d love to see Ralph Jazz Handing around the pitch at approximately 16:00 on Sunday 26th September!!

All good points, we all know the goalkeeper situation needs sorting, but until we get Forster's £85k a week off the books then we havent got the money for wages

His wages equate to around £4.4 million plus national insurance and pension contributions meaning that just for this final year we will have to fork out around £6 million

The hope is that in January he will get a decent offer and take a hit on wages so that he can get the security of a contract elsewhere

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 12:24 - Sep 15 with 1135 viewssaintwizzler

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 12:03 - Sep 15 by SaintNick

All good points, we all know the goalkeeper situation needs sorting, but until we get Forster's £85k a week off the books then we havent got the money for wages

His wages equate to around £4.4 million plus national insurance and pension contributions meaning that just for this final year we will have to fork out around £6 million

The hope is that in January he will get a decent offer and take a hit on wages so that he can get the security of a contract elsewhere

Did McCarthy sign a new contract this summer?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 13:51 - Sep 15 with 1063 viewsButty101

I like Ralph and want him to succeed. However he has over seen some disasters and probably lucky the club cant afford to sack him.

He has now had a decent amount of time to improve us and its debatable if there is any real improvement. Defence is as poor as ever.
Even his best season when he led us to 11th, could and probably would have been a completely different story had lock down not paused the season when it did. After the lock down we came back as the form team, when we had been looking over our shoulders.

Psn GF GA Pts
2018/19 16 45 65 39
2019/20 11 51 60 52
2020/21 15 47 68 43

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 17:19 - Sep 15 with 954 viewskingslandstand1

Firstly, WALOB! Forget that it can only be paper talk, and would we want someone that is waiting to jump in to a dead man's shoe when he is still quite healthy and may be turning things around? If true what does it say about the man

Yes he lives down here but surely that must be the only link he would have with us. He is that legend at Bmuff but I thought they hated us so would he want to upset his "spiritual home" fans. I don't think so

Could it be that he turned the Celtic job down (was he offered it?) because he didn't want to take on a seriously pressure job (well they are a big club) because he may be wouldn't be able to stand the pressure?

He did a good job at the Vitality but that job suited him, and he took them down although they are doing well and could well come back up this season. He would not be able to attract "name" players which is what we would want to actually get back in to the top 10 at least and there were rumours that he couldn't handle some of the players

In short, I'd rather stick with Ralph than bring him in

I could be talking out of my ar5e of course but it is all down to opinions and are there any facts in the story?
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 18:05 - Sep 15 with 927 viewsBerber

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 13:51 - Sep 15 by Butty101

I like Ralph and want him to succeed. However he has over seen some disasters and probably lucky the club cant afford to sack him.

He has now had a decent amount of time to improve us and its debatable if there is any real improvement. Defence is as poor as ever.
Even his best season when he led us to 11th, could and probably would have been a completely different story had lock down not paused the season when it did. After the lock down we came back as the form team, when we had been looking over our shoulders.

Psn GF GA Pts
2018/19 16 45 65 39
2019/20 11 51 60 52
2020/21 15 47 68 43

I cannot say we are just as badly off. Under Hughes I despaired, with no discernable style of play or approach. Under RH I have some hope that we can play to a system and survive in the PL. I have had some hugely happy moments too.
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 09:21 - Sep 16 with 781 viewssolent_toffee

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 17:19 - Sep 15 by kingslandstand1

Firstly, WALOB! Forget that it can only be paper talk, and would we want someone that is waiting to jump in to a dead man's shoe when he is still quite healthy and may be turning things around? If true what does it say about the man

Yes he lives down here but surely that must be the only link he would have with us. He is that legend at Bmuff but I thought they hated us so would he want to upset his "spiritual home" fans. I don't think so

Could it be that he turned the Celtic job down (was he offered it?) because he didn't want to take on a seriously pressure job (well they are a big club) because he may be wouldn't be able to stand the pressure?

He did a good job at the Vitality but that job suited him, and he took them down although they are doing well and could well come back up this season. He would not be able to attract "name" players which is what we would want to actually get back in to the top 10 at least and there were rumours that he couldn't handle some of the players

In short, I'd rather stick with Ralph than bring him in

I could be talking out of my ar5e of course but it is all down to opinions and are there any facts in the story?

I read somewhere that he didn’t go to Celtic because his wife didn’t want to move there and encounter all of the extra nonsense that is attached to football up there.
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 09:24 - Sep 16 with 774 viewsPatfromPoole

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 09:21 - Sep 16 by solent_toffee

I read somewhere that he didn’t go to Celtic because his wife didn’t want to move there and encounter all of the extra nonsense that is attached to football up there.

She didn’t want to go to Burnley either…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 11:58 - Sep 16 with 706 viewsBerber

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 09:24 - Sep 16 by PatfromPoole

She didn’t want to go to Burnley either…..

I was once offered a job in Glasgow, I didn't want to go either. Burnley is no great shakes either. (Although I once filled my briefcase chock full of Lancashire and Cheddar cheese at the local indoor market before flying back to Brussels. It just about pulled my arm off.)
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 12:41 - Sep 16 with 680 viewsPoirot

I wouldnt touch Howe puirely on the basis that he turned us down before and has only ever had success at bmouth. Lets see if he takes the job at Newcastle
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 642 viewskingslandstand1

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 11:58 - Sep 16 by Berber

I was once offered a job in Glasgow, I didn't want to go either. Burnley is no great shakes either. (Although I once filled my briefcase chock full of Lancashire and Cheddar cheese at the local indoor market before flying back to Brussels. It just about pulled my arm off.)

Had a project just outside Burnley for a while about 10 years ago so only a fly up fly back 2 day stint a week but that was enough!
Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 13:21 - Sep 16 with 640 viewskingslandstand1

Eddie Howe Holding Out For Southampton Job But Ralph Is Still The Man ! on 12:41 - Sep 16 by Poirot

I wouldnt touch Howe puirely on the basis that he turned us down before and has only ever had success at bmouth. Lets see if he takes the job at Newcastle

Or Notts Forest! That's available now so won't have to stand in the wings waiting for the manager to be sacked
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024