Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Support Again On Saturday 22:59 - Oct 17 with 3096 viewsSaintNick

Got to say it was great to see a virtually full house and the support was loud again lets hope we can keep it up on and off the pitch for Burnley

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:06 - Oct 17 with 1894 viewsSaintsforeverj

Glad you have created a thread about this and you are right. Our fans were excellent yesterday and it really was great to see a packed house. It really makes a difference, rather than swathes of empty seats around you. I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Burnley next week probably won't quite match up. They will bring less than 1000 fans, the game will probably be dull but yes let's try and get behind them again on Saturday.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:09 - Oct 17 with 1884 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:06 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

Glad you have created a thread about this and you are right. Our fans were excellent yesterday and it really was great to see a packed house. It really makes a difference, rather than swathes of empty seats around you. I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Burnley next week probably won't quite match up. They will bring less than 1000 fans, the game will probably be dull but yes let's try and get behind them again on Saturday.

Absolutely, I go to football to enjoy it and supporting the team is far more enjoyable that sitting around moaning about it

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:16 - Oct 17 with 1869 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:09 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

Absolutely, I go to football to enjoy it and supporting the team is far more enjoyable that sitting around moaning about it

Of course, but to be fair, our team gave a really good performance full of energy and desire. The fans could see that and roared them on. This was also a cheaper game that fans wanted to see, so we got the full house.

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:18 - Oct 17 with 1866 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:16 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

Of course, but to be fair, our team gave a really good performance full of energy and desire. The fans could see that and roared them on. This was also a cheaper game that fans wanted to see, so we got the full house.

If we want to progress then we need the supporters to turn up every week in numbers and be loud whether the team are playing well or not.

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:20 - Oct 17 with 1865 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:18 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

If we want to progress then we need the supporters to turn up every week in numbers and be loud whether the team are playing well or not.

But it's not realistic. The two things feed each other. Everton fans were silent today and booed the team off as did Newcastle fans, even after a takeover! It's human nature everywhere. The important thing that fans want, is passion and desire. If the players give their all, the fans will too. If the players are standing around not bothering and this has happened on occasions, then of course the fans won't respond in the same way.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:24]

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:25 - Oct 17 with 1849 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:20 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

But it's not realistic. The two things feed each other. Everton fans were silent today and booed the team off as did Newcastle fans, even after a takeover! It's human nature everywhere. The important thing that fans want, is passion and desire. If the players give their all, the fans will too. If the players are standing around not bothering and this has happened on occasions, then of course the fans won't respond in the same way.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:24]

Some clubs do that yes, but then there are others who keep going whatever, thats why Man Utd & Liverpool fans have good reputations whilst Man City & Chelsea don't

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:29 - Oct 17 with 1845 viewsBicester_North

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:25 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

Some clubs do that yes, but then there are others who keep going whatever, thats why Man Utd & Liverpool fans have good reputations whilst Man City & Chelsea don't

Liverpool fans have a good reputation, are you in a wind up? I’ve been at Anfield when they’ve been playing a mid table team and not winning and the atmosphere was worse than anything seen at St Mary’s.
When they are playing a top European team in a night game yeah it warms up a bit. They were shocking in the semi against us in 2017.
Plus their away fans are mostly tourists now.
United away are good but Old Trafford again is crap like Anfield most of the time.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:30 - Oct 17 with 1845 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:25 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

Man U and Liverpool fans (with the majority coming from outside the local areas) are the worst fans in the country. Their grounds are full of tourists and different tourists every game. And actually I'm pretty sure there are many true fans in Merseyside and Manchester who can't afford to go. But it doesn't matter, the tourists and fans from Cornwall fill the seats.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:32 - Oct 17 with 1831 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:30 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

Man U and Liverpool fans (with the majority coming from outside the local areas) are the worst fans in the country. Their grounds are full of tourists and different tourists every game. And actually I'm pretty sure there are many true fans in Merseyside and Manchester who can't afford to go. But it doesn't matter, the tourists and fans from Cornwall fill the seats.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:32]

You obviously have never been to either Old Trafford or Anfield or seen them play at St Mary's then

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:33 - Oct 17 with 1823 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:32 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

You obviously have never been to either Old Trafford or Anfield or seen them play at St Mary's then

I have been to both grounds many times to watch Saints. Full of tourists. There were more coaches coming back south full of them than Saints fans. And lots of Malaysians.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:35]

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:34 - Oct 17 with 1818 viewsBicester_North

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:32 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

You’ve got to be taking the p1ss. Through work tickets I’ve been to both those grounds loads of times, it is laughable how quiet and plastic they are unless something big happens, particularly Liverpool.

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:35 - Oct 17 with 1813 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:33 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

I have been to both grounds many times to watch Saints. Full of tourists. There were more coaches coming back south full of them than Saints fans. And lots of Malaysians.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:35]

Parts of them are yes but they still have great local based supports that make a lot of noise

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:36 - Oct 17 with 1806 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:35 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

Parts of them are yes but they still have great local based supports that make a lot of noise

Well they didn't at Everton today. Might have something to do with both sets of fans coming from the same area, but one team is hugely successful and one isn't? Easy to be loud when you win something most seasons and buy the best players like VD and Ronaldo.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:37]

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:37 - Oct 17 with 1802 viewsBicester_North

They did up until the turn of the century

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:40 - Oct 17 with 1792 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great Support Again On Saturday on 23:34 - Oct 17 by Bicester_North

You’ve got to be taking the p1ss. Through work tickets I’ve been to both those grounds loads of times, it is laughable how quiet and plastic they are unless something big happens, particularly Liverpool.

What a shame a thread praising our fans, turns into a thread about how good Liverpool and Man U fans are turning up each week. Yes he has to be taking the p1ss out of loyal dedicated fans like ourselves. I and you as you say have been to those grounds many times. There are more of their fans coming back south than ours. Their fans are now mostly tourists and they fill the ground because they have so many plastics. And they are much more successful than a club like ours. It really is as clear as day why they fill their ground every week. We have much less fans than them but create a much better atmosphere. It was silent at Anfield in the first half when we played there. They just spent their time taking pictures. They sang a bit when they went 3 nil up. I thought many of them were all struggling for money in Liverpool and Manchester, so I can't see how they could afford £50 tickets to tun up every week because they are such good fans.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 23:52]

Great Support Again On Saturday on 07:14 - Oct 18 with 1653 viewscocklebreath

Been to both and especially Liverpool after there little sing sing before kick off it’s pathetic, Man U better but not a lot.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Great Support Again On Saturday on 07:28 - Oct 18 with 1642 viewsWints76

I too thought the support was excellent Saturday with very little negativity. Dominating the game helped with that though. Support may be needed more this Saturday when Burnley bring their shithouse game (not an insult, they are great at it) to us
Great Support Again On Saturday on 07:32 - Oct 18 with 1640 viewsbendybob

Had a great day Saturday. Good to have a few scoops pre-match where the atmosphere was positive. Even sweeter with the result. Made for a good journey back to Gloucester even better. Thought the support was fantastic.
Great Support Again On Saturday on 08:01 - Oct 18 with 1616 viewsA1079

Our vocal support has been good this year Nick so I appreciate you recognising it. It is as if we have somehow found the roots of our support again. All the games I have been to this year, even when things have not gone well on the pitch there has been a willingness to urge the team on rather than get on their backs. I think as someone else has said, it's seeing that your team are trying hard that inspires the fans to raise their game as well - even if it isn't always coming off on the pitch.

It is not that everything is ok with the club, we know it is not, but when the players cross that white line you just want to enjoy watching them and being part of the game and the atmosphere.
Great Support Again On Saturday on 09:31 - Oct 18 with 1543 viewsgreen

I think that the atmosphere has been decent for all of the home games this season apart from Wolves. I think people are making up for lost time and enjoying being back in the ground.
Great Support Again On Saturday on 09:40 - Oct 18 with 1523 viewssaintwizzler

On 38/40 mins the amount of people heading down the steps all around the ground for the concourse was unbelievable.
Never seen so many going down that early.
Half price burger and treble cooked chips??

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:01 - Oct 18 with 1455 viewsfranniesTache

Our noise levels have been good this season but our choice and variety of songs is f*cking awful.

What made the Itchen North corner good before covid is now gone, it's over run with kids who want to turn it into the Northam Lite, and reached a low point this weekend with people singing that mess of a song that is yata toure for armstrong, complete with hand gestures.

As much as it's great to hear us louder it'd be nice to be more unique, but in all honesty i've more or less given up on our support for that now, we're basically a soccer am "bantz" club, singing the same sh*t everyone else does and videoing ourselves thinking it's great.

Shame really as the Itchen North was absolute class pre-covid, new songs, the support there not spending their whole time playing pantomime at the away fans and a real bit of old fashioned terrace culture.

RIP the Itchen North
Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:14 - Oct 18 with 1421 viewsSaintNick

Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:01 - Oct 18 by franniesTache

Our noise levels have been good this season but our choice and variety of songs is f*cking awful.

What made the Itchen North corner good before covid is now gone, it's over run with kids who want to turn it into the Northam Lite, and reached a low point this weekend with people singing that mess of a song that is yata toure for armstrong, complete with hand gestures.

As much as it's great to hear us louder it'd be nice to be more unique, but in all honesty i've more or less given up on our support for that now, we're basically a soccer am "bantz" club, singing the same sh*t everyone else does and videoing ourselves thinking it's great.

Shame really as the Itchen North was absolute class pre-covid, new songs, the support there not spending their whole time playing pantomime at the away fans and a real bit of old fashioned terrace culture.

RIP the Itchen North

Thats a shame because we need something different and you are right the support is loud but its bland and the same stuff sung everywhere, perhaps we can be different at away games

Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:15 - Oct 18 with 1419 viewsSonicBoom

I think that's where United and Liverpool are better than most. They have a great variety of songs and are usually quite inventive. We have about three songs. If we do something new it's a rip off of someone else's songs. I don't know what the answer is but it's been like it for many years.
Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:19 - Oct 18 with 1413 viewsfranniesTache

Great Support Again On Saturday on 13:14 - Oct 18 by SaintNick

Thats a shame because we need something different and you are right the support is loud but its bland and the same stuff sung everywhere, perhaps we can be different at away games

A load of nippers moved from the Northam to the Itchen north because it seemed different, then they sing the same songs they sung in the northam.

It had real potential to be more like the east stand to the bikeshed, mixture of older heads and younger lads, and was where almost every new song was coming from that season pre-covid, but that's now gone.

We've attempted new songs for Tino - to the tune of come on eileen - for Tella - to candygirl, for the armstrongs - to the proclaimers, and a re-worked version of dock of the bay about the city of southampton.

None have stuck like they would've previously and the Northam Lite lot have instead gone with dirge like just shouting tino's name, or the worst cringeworthy cr*p possible like that Toure rubbish.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024