Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi 23:23 - Nov 7 with 1229 viewsSaintNick

Disciplinary problems with Obafemi at Swansea, nothing major, but a repeat of what ralph said here, he has to behave like a professional footballer

"But there are certain things you have to make sure you do to be in the squad. You have to behave every day like what you are, a professional footballer.

"He's done nothing major but there's stuff we need to help him with.

"He's disappointed. I'm disappointed he's not here, but performance doesn't come before culture, it's the other way around. He'll get there and I'm sure he'll be back involved soon.

"It's just a few disciplinary things in terms of the way we train, time keeping and it does matter, unfortunately.

"If it was Joel Piroe doing the same, even though he's our top goalscorer, it'd be the same consequence.

"That's where we're at. He understands and he respects it. He will be better for it because he's a really brilliant lad who hasn't been shown enough care or love for a while because of the position he's been in."

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Obafemi on 08:09 - Nov 8 with 1097 viewsHeisenberg

Disciplinary problems or not he isn’t good enough and is at best a Championship player.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Obafemi on 09:42 - Nov 8 with 1010 viewssaints__fan__73

Interesting last sentence. I would agree that Ralph's treatment of him was poor. Saying at a fan's forum that he needs to work on his professionalism when he's talking about a teenager just getting started in the senior game as very poor.

That sort of conversation should have been taking place in private not in front of the press/fans.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Obafemi on 09:50 - Nov 8 with 1001 viewsSaintNick

Obafemi on 09:42 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

Interesting last sentence. I would agree that Ralph's treatment of him was poor. Saying at a fan's forum that he needs to work on his professionalism when he's talking about a teenager just getting started in the senior game as very poor.

That sort of conversation should have been taking place in private not in front of the press/fans.

I'm sure he had been speaking to him behind closed doors for some time before he went public on it, if a manager goes public it is usually the last resort to try and wake the player up before it's too late.

Hasenhuttl gave Obafemi every chance to use his talent and now as Swansea are finding out there are issues, the fact there manager is speaking about it after only having him there 3 months perhaps tells us something

Obafemi on 09:50 - Nov 8 with 999 viewsDorsetIan

I watched the Coventry Swansea game recently that Swansea won. Obafemi was on for the final 30 minutes and was as anonymous as when he came on playing for Saints.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Obafemi on 10:07 - Nov 8 with 991 viewsHeisenberg

If he’s on thousands of pounds a week but can’t turn up on time and train professionally then he should be called out. Two managers have said the same so clearly Obafemi needs to realise how fortunate he is and start taking responsibility. As I said earlier he’s simply not good enough anyway. He will end up playing in League one or two.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Obafemi on 10:12 - Nov 8 with 987 viewssaints__fan__73

Obafemi on 09:50 - Nov 8 by SaintNick

I'm sure he had been speaking to him behind closed doors for some time before he went public on it, if a manager goes public it is usually the last resort to try and wake the player up before it's too late.

Hasenhuttl gave Obafemi every chance to use his talent and now as Swansea are finding out there are issues, the fact there manager is speaking about it after only having him there 3 months perhaps tells us something

No. This was at a fan's forum a few years back when Obafemi had just broken inti the 1st team. He wouldn't have been working with Obafemi long at all.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Obafemi on 10:45 - Nov 8 with 947 viewsSadoldgit

Obafemi on 09:50 - Nov 8 by SaintNick

I was going to say the same thing about it being a last resort. The behavial problems must have been there for a while for Ralph to say something publicly. The fact that he didn’t take the comments as a wake up call and is still having problems speaks volumes. It is a shame but it is his own fault that he isn’t behaving professionally and giving himself the best chance to progress as a professional footballer. As said, he is probably Championship level at best but there is no shame in that. If he fails with Swansea it is down to him, not Ralph.
Obafemi on 10:54 - Nov 8 with 941 viewsSaintNick

Obafemi on 10:12 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

No. This was at a fan's forum a few years back when Obafemi had just broken inti the 1st team. He wouldn't have been working with Obafemi long at all.

The fans forum was in 2019 shortly after Ralph joined the club, on the face of it things looked rosy for Obafemi at that time in that he had burst in the side but had a few injury problems, the manager could see off field issues then, and felt that he had to go public about it.

Obafemi later publicly thanked the manager for supporting him during that time

For a while he knuckled down and 18 months ago looked to have a future again after coming into the side after lockdown and scoring at Old Trafford, but it seems that he went back to his old ways and that has continued at Swansea

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi on 22:10 - Nov 8 with 729 viewskernow

What are his issues?
Anyone know?
Obafemi on 23:07 - Nov 8 with 690 viewsBicester_North

Obafemi on 22:10 - Nov 8 by kernow

What are his issues?
Anyone know?

Allegedly he had an addiction to looking in the mirror.

If he doesn’t watch himself he could relapse.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Obafemi on 09:47 - Nov 9 with 575 viewskernow

Obafemi on 23:07 - Nov 8 by Bicester_North

Allegedly he had an addiction to looking in the mirror.

If he doesn’t watch himself he could relapse.

I see now, on reflection.
Obafemi on 10:31 - Nov 9 with 532 viewsSaintNick

Obafemi on 22:10 - Nov 8 by kernow

What are his issues?
Anyone know?

Allegedly his lifestyle, he was swanning around a bit with the likes of Lemina thinking he could do what he liked when he liked, he thought he had already made it.

Obafemi on 13:09 - Nov 9 with 475 viewsTimSaint

Obafemi on 10:31 - Nov 9 by SaintNick

Allegedly his lifestyle, he was swanning around a bit with the likes of Lemina thinking he could do what he liked when he liked, he thought he had already made it.

He also (allegedly) had issues with his time keeping and arriving late for training etc.

I guess Mane must have given Oba his watch when he departed for Liverpool !! :-)

TimSaint

Obafemi on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 377 viewsNewdawn2014

Maybe Ralph had that conversation with him and it never worked so he called him out ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024