Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night 10:35 - Mar 3 with 784 viewsSaintNick

A fair few would have been ranting about Ralph so i hear

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 10:40 - Mar 3 with 758 viewssaints__fan__73

Any board admins removed their articles and posts saying Ralph should field his strongest team no matter what, etc, etc.

Maybe he knows more about football than them?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 10:43 - Mar 3 with 749 viewssaint68

Definitely not!!

Id imagine 95% of people would have been shocked at that starting line-up...

Fortunately West Ham were way under par..which inturn made Ralph look like the messiah.

So Fa Cup win and 4th in the league it is then😁

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 742 viewssaint68

What was your honest initial opinion of the starting eleven Nick?

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:09 - Mar 3 with 705 viewsBenali_Saint

I haven't.
I like many others was disappointed with the line up. But all credit to Ralph.
Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:29 - Mar 3 with 673 viewsButty101

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:09 - Mar 3 by Benali_Saint

I haven't.
I like many others was disappointed with the line up. But all credit to Ralph.

He got very lucky lastnight.

Dont risk it in the next round! otherwise he will be eating a sh it sandwich

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 668 viewsCenturion

Actually NIck, I am very happy for my posts to remain!!!!
Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 663 views1teeminants

Anyone who says they were not shocked and dissapointed at that starting line up would not be telling the truth.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:36 - Mar 3 with 659 viewsBuggalugs

I was seething in the boozer when the team was announced and stand by that. It's all well and good everyone rimming Ralph now, but it was a tw@tish thing to do imo.

If Ralph believes players needed a rest or rotation is necessary for squad harmony, I don't have a problem and will trust his judgement on that. But do it at Villa or for the Norwich game last week, not in the competition that we're actually in with a chance (no matter how small) of winning. 3 or 4 changes I would have cut him some slack and accepted, but 9 was ridiculous.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:39 - Mar 3 with 653 viewsCenturion

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:34 - Mar 3 by 1teeminants

Anyone who says they were not shocked and dissapointed at that starting line up would not be telling the truth.

Then perhaps it is sometimes wise to step back a little and look at the overall big picture.
Ralph clearly had faith in his fringe players, had a plan in mind to step up in the second half rather than finish by hanging on.
He also wants to do well in the league and knows some of his players need using wisely.
So no, I was not disappointed at the team news but actually reassured.
Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 11:57 - Mar 3 with 624 viewsdirk_doone

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 10:43 - Mar 3 by saint68

Definitely not!!

Id imagine 95% of people would have been shocked at that starting line-up...

Fortunately West Ham were way under par..which inturn made Ralph look like the messiah.

So Fa Cup win and 4th in the league it is then😁

Qualifying for next year's Europa League via both routes will do me.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 12:04 - Mar 3 with 598 viewsNumber_58

To be fair to most fans, we've been shafted so many times by managers putting out second rate cup teams over the years that the natural instinct last night was "here we go again". The big difference nowadays is that the substitute rules mean that you can change virtually half the team if it's not going well. That and the fact that we've got a manager who obviously has a lot more faith in some of his players than we do! Anyway, I'm happy to carry on getting my predictions totally wrong. Winning is great, winning when you genuinely expected to lose 4-0 is bloody amazing.
Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 12:37 - Mar 3 with 551 viewsMytchettSaint

Anyone Removed Their Social Media Posts From Last Night on 12:04 - Mar 3 by Number_58

To be fair to most fans, we've been shafted so many times by managers putting out second rate cup teams over the years that the natural instinct last night was "here we go again". The big difference nowadays is that the substitute rules mean that you can change virtually half the team if it's not going well. That and the fact that we've got a manager who obviously has a lot more faith in some of his players than we do! Anyway, I'm happy to carry on getting my predictions totally wrong. Winning is great, winning when you genuinely expected to lose 4-0 is bloody amazing.

That’s the thing, it was a fine line last night. Had West Ham taken some of their early chances we might be sat here wondering “what if”
We rode our luck (which you have to do) and Ralph switched it exactly when he needed to.

Please keep proving me wrong Ralph!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024