Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Watford The Verdict 09:35 - Mar 14 with 608 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57295/southampton-v-watf

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Watford The Verdict on 10:52 - Mar 14 with 535 viewsSonicBoom

For me Ralph got it wrong straight from the off. We were playing Watford at home. Watford.
He goes with one striker.

OK that might be a clever tactical move that I don't understand, and hindsight is a wonderful thing but to me it sends a message. Whatever the plan it just seems less attacking . We don't usually play that system and we have decent strikers capable of scoring.
Watford would have been encouraged and sure enough we revert to 2 up in the second half but as it turned out the game was already lost.
Ralph does try different things I guess but often he does something that makes little sense to anyone but him - and it doesn't work.
He was rightly praised for our good run and a big part was playing the right people in the right positions. Then Ralph puts his tactical hat on, changes the team completely for the cup which we won, but then the wheels fall off completely in the league. Just leave things alone when they are going well Ralph!
Losing to Villa and Newcastle is not a disgrace but the manner of the losses was. No urgency and we routinely gifted goals. As for Watford, well that was frankly a shocking performance from Ralph and the team.
Southampton V Watford The Verdict on 11:11 - Mar 14 with 516 viewsDorsetIan

Both Newcastle and Watford, defended deep and hit us on the break.

For most of both games we were trying to find a way through at least two banks of defenders and that it is never easy.

We lost to Watford because of one slightly too soft back pass by Salisu and a nice finish at a tight angle.

Sometimes what has been working previously, stops working because the other side works you out and decides to cancel it. Hodgson is no mug.

And, yes, starting with 1 up front against Watford was as bizarre as going to Anfield and starting with 3 up front. But we know that Ralph makes some odd tactical choices sometimes.

I'm not panicking and Man City aren't going to park the bus.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton V Watford The Verdict on 12:00 - Mar 14 with 468 viewsSonicBoom

We didn't lose to Watford because of two good things they did right. We lost because lots of things we did that didn't work.
Southampton V Watford The Verdict on 14:30 - Mar 14 with 392 viewsA1079

Back in the 70's (when cars still needed a choke and a crank handle to get started in the winter) I used to have a neighbour that thought he was a car mechanic.

He would get a car and it would be working well. Then his urge to start tinkering with it could never escape him. So he would start taking bits apart and then putting them back - some in the right place and some in the wrong place and the car that he had not long bought would not work.

Sometimes, he would work it out and the car would start again but it wouldn't be long before that urge to tinker would arise again and the car would be a useless bit of metal on the roadside.

Eventually his wife had had enough and got rid of the husband and sold the metal thing sitting on the roadside.

There endeth the story.
Southampton V Watford The Verdict on 14:52 - Mar 14 with 379 viewsTimSaint

It appears that RH was experimenting with a side and formation against Watford that he was going to use against City next weekend. It failed miserably against Watford, so unless RH goes quickly back to the drawing board, it will be another disaster on Sunday !!

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024