Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans 10:20 - Mar 9 with 1557 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57251/hasenhuttl-set-to-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 10:32 - Mar 9 with 1537 viewssaints__fan__73

"Not so long ago Newcastle United were a club to whom most football fans had a lot of empathy"

Really?

"Mike Ashley & Sports Direct seemingly letting the club go to rack and ruin."

It's funny how you think what Ashley did is rack and ruin when he sold a PL club with zero debt but you were falling over yourself to praise Gao, an owner who sold a PL club with around £100m of debt. All Ashley did was run the club as an effective business which did not lose money. Just as he does with all of his businesses. It's just the self-entitled Toon fans wanted him to spend money which was not there.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 10:57 - Mar 9 with 1494 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 10:32 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

"Not so long ago Newcastle United were a club to whom most football fans had a lot of empathy"

Really?

"Mike Ashley & Sports Direct seemingly letting the club go to rack and ruin."

It's funny how you think what Ashley did is rack and ruin when he sold a PL club with zero debt but you were falling over yourself to praise Gao, an owner who sold a PL club with around £100m of debt. All Ashley did was run the club as an effective business which did not lose money. Just as he does with all of his businesses. It's just the self-entitled Toon fans wanted him to spend money which was not there.

Fair enough you will love the Saudi Arabian owners then when you aee the debt they rack up

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 11:43 - Mar 9 with 1438 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 10:57 - Mar 9 by SaintNick

Fair enough you will love the Saudi Arabian owners then when you aee the debt they rack up

What does that actually mean? For a start it's irrelevant to any discussion as to the job Ashley did.

Given that Newcastle are now effectively owned not by a billionaire but by a country how on earth would they manage to rack up debt when they have effectively limitless funds? They have zero need to saddle the club with any debt. That's what owners with no money like Gao do. Abramovich has far less wealth than the Saudis but even he wrote off all debt now that he's selling the club.

The point I was making is that from what you write on here:

Owner leaves club (us) with 100m in debt = good
Owner leaves club with zero debt (Newcastle) = bad

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:04 - Mar 9 with 1423 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 11:43 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

What does that actually mean? For a start it's irrelevant to any discussion as to the job Ashley did.

Given that Newcastle are now effectively owned not by a billionaire but by a country how on earth would they manage to rack up debt when they have effectively limitless funds? They have zero need to saddle the club with any debt. That's what owners with no money like Gao do. Abramovich has far less wealth than the Saudis but even he wrote off all debt now that he's selling the club.

Newcastle are bankrolled by the Public Investment Fund in Saudi Arabia, it is an investment fund not a charity, yes Newcastle are effectively owned by the Saudi government, but they are not giving them the money, they are investing it in the club 80% of the purchase price, they will want a return

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:18 - Mar 9 with 1411 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:04 - Mar 9 by SaintNick

Newcastle are bankrolled by the Public Investment Fund in Saudi Arabia, it is an investment fund not a charity, yes Newcastle are effectively owned by the Saudi government, but they are not giving them the money, they are investing it in the club 80% of the purchase price, they will want a return

What are you on about?!

The Sovereign Wealth fund which owns Newcastle has assets of 500 BILLION!!!

Do you really think they are investing in a PL team in order to make a few quid! That's the funniest thing you've ever written on here!!!

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:36 - Mar 9 with 1394 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:18 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

What are you on about?!

The Sovereign Wealth fund which owns Newcastle has assets of 500 BILLION!!!

Do you really think they are investing in a PL team in order to make a few quid! That's the funniest thing you've ever written on here!!!

They might not be bothered about getting it back, but they are an investment fund, they cannot just donate it to Newcastle, they are investing, it doesnt matter whether its £5 million or £500 billion they still have certain rules that they have to go by.

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 13:36 - Mar 9 with 1328 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 12:36 - Mar 9 by SaintNick

They might not be bothered about getting it back, but they are an investment fund, they cannot just donate it to Newcastle, they are investing, it doesnt matter whether its £5 million or £500 billion they still have certain rules that they have to go by.

Given how their investments are going so far I think they'll be fine to plough a few hundred million pounds into buying success in the PL!

In 2016, SoftBank Group and the Investment Fund announced that they would establish a SoftBank Vision Fund which aims to invest up to $45 billion over five years in the tech sector. The SoftBank Group confirmed that during the fiscal year 2019—2020, the Vision Fund, in which Saudi Arabia invested $45 billion, incurred a loss calculated at $17.7 billion,

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 13:44 - Mar 9 with 1324 viewsSaintsforeverj

When I see any Newcastle fans on Thursday, I am going to tell them that their club is just buying success, it's not clever, anyone could do that at any club with money, they are cheats trying to get out of games, they are up there with the most hated clubs, and that they are owned by people who are part of implementing terrible human rights atrocities, including putting people to death. And if I see any Newcastle fans in the pub, I will tell them they wouldn't get away with drinking alcohol, in the country their owners are a part of running.

I obviously hope we beat these and will celebrate like crazy if we do.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 22:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 14:37 - Mar 9 with 1267 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 13:44 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

When I see any Newcastle fans on Thursday, I am going to tell them that their club is just buying success, it's not clever, anyone could do that at any club with money, they are cheats trying to get out of games, they are up there with the most hated clubs, and that they are owned by people who are part of implementing terrible human rights atrocities, including putting people to death. And if I see any Newcastle fans in the pub, I will tell them they wouldn't get away with drinking alcohol, in the country their owners are a part of running.

What does buying success mean? In football there is no other way in the modern game. Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barca, etc,etc,etc. all buying success.

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:04 - Mar 9 with 1251 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 14:37 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

What does buying success mean? In football there is no other way in the modern game. Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barca, etc,etc,etc. all buying success.

Buying success means taking already established players like Wood and Trippier, without doing the hard work. Newcastle will.soon start buying players like Coutinho etc. It's easy to pick and choose the top players if you have the money. We improve our players, work hard coaching them and create a team for much less - Adams, Salisu, Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Valery. And exactly, the clubs you mention aren't clever. They have just bought the best players. That's why they are successful or have been.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 15:06]

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:21 - Mar 9 with 1231 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:04 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

Buying success means taking already established players like Wood and Trippier, without doing the hard work. Newcastle will.soon start buying players like Coutinho etc. It's easy to pick and choose the top players if you have the money. We improve our players, work hard coaching them and create a team for much less - Adams, Salisu, Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Valery. And exactly, the clubs you mention aren't clever. They have just bought the best players. That's why they are successful or have been.

What are you on about? There's no prize for buying players and turning them into better players lol!

All clubs (inc us) buy the best players they can afford. It's as simple as that. If we could afford better players we would buy better players.

PSG buy Neymar, Real bought Ronaldo, Man City bought their entire team, etc

They are just going to do exactly what we would do if we had the cash. Fair play to them. Enjoy the ride, that's modern football.

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 1223 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:21 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

What are you on about? There's no prize for buying players and turning them into better players lol!

All clubs (inc us) buy the best players they can afford. It's as simple as that. If we could afford better players we would buy better players.

PSG buy Neymar, Real bought Ronaldo, Man City bought their entire team, etc

They are just going to do exactly what we would do if we had the cash. Fair play to them. Enjoy the ride, that's modern football.

They are cheats, they got a game called off because they wanted to buy a load of players before playing us and their owners are part of a country that sanctions the killing of gay people. Enjoy the ride, yeah right.

And there is a prize for buying players and turning them into better ones Lol Lol. Ings, Ves, Mane, VD, Target, need I go on, made us millions so that we can compete. That's the prize lol.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 15:31]

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:40 - Mar 9 with 1197 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:30 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

They are cheats, they got a game called off because they wanted to buy a load of players before playing us and their owners are part of a country that sanctions the killing of gay people. Enjoy the ride, yeah right.

And there is a prize for buying players and turning them into better ones Lol Lol. Ings, Ves, Mane, VD, Target, need I go on, made us millions so that we can compete. That's the prize lol.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 15:31]

Did we get a trophy for that? Was there an open top bus parade through the city?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:00 - Mar 9 with 1175 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:40 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

Did we get a trophy for that? Was there an open top bus parade through the city?

Go and cheer on Newcastle then and enjoy the ride. That's the easy answer there. They will have plenty of open bus top tours coming soon. You can join the celebrations with their murderer owners. I'm glad you are ok with what they do in Saudi Arabia. Newcastle and you would go well together I'm sure. Or you could carry on watching League one football in a tin pot ground.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:03]

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:04 - Mar 9 with 1155 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:00 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

Go and cheer on Newcastle then and enjoy the ride. That's the easy answer there. They will have plenty of open bus top tours coming soon. You can join the celebrations with their murderer owners. I'm glad you are ok with what they do in Saudi Arabia. Newcastle and you would go well together I'm sure. Or you could carry on watching League one football in a tin pot ground.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:03]

Who are we to take the moral high ground? Our former owner was a crooked Chinese bloke who was caught giving bribes to a state official and only escaped sanction as he gave the name of the person he was bribing who was then executed.

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:06 - Mar 9 with 1150 views1teeminants

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 15:04 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

Let’s face it if we’re all honest if we were owned by a rich Arab who bought success for our team we wouldn’t t be complaining.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:10 - Mar 9 with 1140 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:04 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

Who are we to take the moral high ground? Our former owner was a crooked Chinese bloke who was caught giving bribes to a state official and only escaped sanction as he gave the name of the person he was bribing who was then executed.

And I wanted Gao out, as did most Saints fans. Moral high ground? I just don't think it's ok to lash people or send to death for being gay or having an alcoholic drink. The Newcastle owners sanction that. You think it's arguable or ok to do that?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:10]

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:13 - Mar 9 with 1124 viewssaints__fan__73

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:10 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

And I wanted Gao out, as did most Saints fans. Moral high ground? I just don't think it's ok to lash people or send to death for being gay or having an alcoholic drink. The Newcastle owners sanction that. You think it's arguable or ok to do that?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:10]

Best you don't fill up your car with petrol then as that would just be supporting them, yes?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:25 - Mar 9 with 1111 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 16:13 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

Best you don't fill up your car with petrol then as that would just be supporting them, yes?

I don't like Newcastle. They are another club, who will push us further place down the league, when they buy our best players. They are owned by people who murder people and who carry out terrible human rights atrocities. They cheated and got a game called off when had a few injuries. You like them and think they should "enjoy the ride". Personally, I hope we thrash them. You would rather argue with "your fellow fans", standing up for Newcastle on a Saints forum and not condemning what their owners stand for. Bit strange but ok. People will make their own conclusions.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:32]

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 18:59 - Mar 9 with 1001 viewssaintwizzler

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 13:44 - Mar 9 by Saintsforeverj

Which pub?
I’d like to see this unfold.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 955 viewsTripleNiemi

Do you plan on making the game?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 19:57]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 21:49 - Mar 9 with 857 viewsButty101

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 11:43 - Mar 9 by saints__fan__73

Im not sure what Nicks trying to prove here. Ashley hands down was a better owner than Gao and at least put his hand in his pocket.

Newcastle also have a net spend over the last 5 years (not including the last window) that is 3 times greater than ours.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hasenhuttl Set To Get A Rough Ride From Travelling Newcastle Fans on 09:35 - Mar 10 with 634 viewsBerber

On the topic of indignant fans, the "Toons" are second only to the scousers to sound like they are breathing helium when indignant. Ladies hockey match or what? Or is that too non PC?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024