Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract 08:40 - Mar 29 with 848 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57417/saints-set-to-open

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 09:30 - Mar 29 with 807 viewsBerber

Whilst the actual figures may not be verifiable, it is true most likely that Forster is on a very good wage, and if he signs, it will most certainly be at a lower level. Nobody apart from Celtic were interested in paying that kind of money on a weekly basis, which is why only loan deals were done probably. It is probably true that his wage is currently far higher than McCarthy. They are both prone to making poor mistakes, and in that regard, there is little between them with Forster edging it.

Caballero has given us the option of a solid back up, when he needs to step in, so we don't need both Forster and McCarthy. I don't think we'll see a new first pick, but a good young prospect. It will be a lot cheaper, without significantly degrading the goalkeeping capability.
Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 11:19 - Mar 29 with 735 viewsSaintNick

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 09:30 - Mar 29 by Berber

Whilst the actual figures may not be verifiable, it is true most likely that Forster is on a very good wage, and if he signs, it will most certainly be at a lower level. Nobody apart from Celtic were interested in paying that kind of money on a weekly basis, which is why only loan deals were done probably. It is probably true that his wage is currently far higher than McCarthy. They are both prone to making poor mistakes, and in that regard, there is little between them with Forster edging it.

Caballero has given us the option of a solid back up, when he needs to step in, so we don't need both Forster and McCarthy. I don't think we'll see a new first pick, but a good young prospect. It will be a lot cheaper, without significantly degrading the goalkeeping capability.

Celtic paid less than half of Forster's wages when he was on loan to them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 11:37 - Mar 29 with 719 views1885_SFC

Whatever form Forster may be in right now, it doesn't change the fact that we need a new No.1 keeper at the club. Infact, I'd go so far as to say that a new keeper should be top of our shopping list in the Summer.

Old School is Cool

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:21 - Mar 29 with 674 viewsTimSaint

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 11:37 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

Whatever form Forster may be in right now, it doesn't change the fact that we need a new No.1 keeper at the club. Infact, I'd go so far as to say that a new keeper should be top of our shopping list in the Summer.

With all 4 keepers out of contract this summer, this clearly is a key area.

Lewis - Don't renew his contract
Willy - Too old really but keep for a further year if we absolutely need him as back-up ?
AM - Time to move on.
FF - Keep on lower terms as number 2

PRIORITY - SIGN A NEW FIRST CHOICE KEEPER !!

TimSaint

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:26 - Mar 29 with 671 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 11:37 - Mar 29 by 1885_SFC

Nick Pope.

We should be all over him like saintwizzler when he sees a crate of cut-price Heineken in Tesco.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:32 - Mar 29 with 668 views1885_SFC

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:26 - Mar 29 by PatfromPoole

Nick Pope.

We should be all over him like saintwizzler when he sees a crate of cut-price Heineken in Tesco.

I'd be more than happy with Pope. With a name like that, he belongs at Saints!

Old School is Cool

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:38 - Mar 29 with 662 viewssaintwizzler

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:26 - Mar 29 by PatfromPoole

Nick Pope.

Spurs bound.

Pope not the Heineken.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:46 - Mar 29 with 655 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:38 - Mar 29 by saintwizzler

Spurs bound.

Pope not the Heineken.

This would surprise me.

If there is a weakness in Pope’s game it is the use of the ball with his feet. Not sure Spurs would be happy with that.

This would not concern me however.

After the hari kari committed by Salisu against Watford, the less we faff about with the ball in our own area, the better for me, Clive.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 09:15 - Mar 30 with 522 viewsSaintNick

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 13:46 - Mar 29 by PatfromPoole

This would surprise me.

If there is a weakness in Pope’s game it is the use of the ball with his feet. Not sure Spurs would be happy with that.

This would not concern me however.

After the hari kari committed by Salisu against Watford, the less we faff about with the ball in our own area, the better for me, Clive.

In the modern game a keeper needs to be able to play from the back, for Saints we have to take the sting out of the opposition and that means playing from the back, if the keeper just bangs it forward then there is a good chance that you are just gifting the ball to the opposition.

We might faff around a bit, but overall we keep possession and although it might cost us the odd goal now and then, overall we would probably ship more just kicking it upfield and letting othere teams have the ball and then attack us.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Set To Open Talks With Fraser Forster Over New Contract on 09:35 - Mar 30 with 515 viewsChesham_Saint

Well I like FF. at times he’s pulled off some wonder saves and has done as much for Saints as the seemingly much loved and valued Shane Long…plus he didn’t inflict a fvcking awful song on us.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024