Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce 23:24 - Sep 1 with 1346 viewsElijahK

So what an interesting transfer market we’ve had! As I don’t think anyone whatsoever can complain one bit about our overall handling of this seasons transfer market, and of how much we’ve had invested, as I think there’s only 1 role that we’ve left a bit open, and even then we’ve still signed someone for this position. As if we could’ve got a striker then I do think that this transfer market would’ve been pretty much perfect!
But still, sure is nice to finally get some investment in and make some great signings (as all of the ones we’ve made soo far who have played, all seem to be right great ones!), as well as being able to get rid of a lot of dead wood (both permanently and on loan) and reduce the wages!

But here’s everyone we’ve signed and sold…

Signings:
Gavin Bazunu (£12.60m), Sékou Mara (£11.70m), Roméo Lavia (£11.07m), Armel Bella-Kotchap (£9.00m), Joe Aribo (£6.39m), Mateusz Lis (free transfer), Duje Caleta-Car (£9.00m), Samuel Edozie (£10.00m), Juan Larios (£6.00m) and Ainsley Maitland-Niles (loan), so have spent £75.76m.

Departures:
Fraser Forster (free transfer), Shane Long (free transfer), Harry Lewis (free transfer), Oriol Romeu (?), Yan Valery (?), Jan Bednarek (loan to Villa), Jack Stephens (loan to Bournemouth), Will Smallbone (loan to Stoke), Nathan Tella (loan to Burnley), Dan N'Lundulu (loan to Cheltenham), Jake Vokins (loan to Woking) and Mateusz Lis (loan to Troyes), so have received only direct fees for Valery and Romeu, although how much for isn’t clear.

So overall have had a transfer market with a NET spend of
-£75.76m (+ the fees for Romeu and Valery, which will probably be like £10m or so), which certainly is better than the positive NET spend we’re all used to having!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 0:25]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:00 - Sep 2 with 1108 viewsSalisburySaint

Good summary

One thing to note that clubs normally pay a fee to parent club for loan deals so we will be paying something to Arsenal, but will be getting in a fair amount the 7 players we have out on loan
All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:31 - Sep 2 with 1046 viewsButty101

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:00 - Sep 2 by SalisburySaint

Good summary

One thing to note that clubs normally pay a fee to parent club for loan deals so we will be paying something to Arsenal, but will be getting in a fair amount the 7 players we have out on loan

Been a decent window. Best one since the koeman days.

Shame we couldn’t get rid of Walcott and redmond

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:32 - Sep 2 with 1043 viewsChesham_Saint

Interesting, isn’t it? I wonder where SFC will sit when the so-called experts assess each club and how successful they feel they’ve been in the transfer window? Quite high I should think.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:37 - Sep 2 with 1025 viewsPatfromPoole

Some absolute bargains there.

A total outlay of what we sold van Dijk for. If only we had spent that money as wisely.

Well done, Saints.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 09:03 - Sep 2 with 873 viewsdarthvader

It doesn't matter but valery went for 500k and OR probably went for about the same . As a 'nominal fee' has been mentioned.

I don't like the term 'dead wood' as the players that have left have all contributed and mainley performed when asked to do so in the past.

It's a shame though that Bednerakerd has burned his bridges with his silly comments . I hope he scores as many own goals for villa in the one season as he has done for us in his career. We have definitely upgraded on him in this window.

If that fella from PSV hadn't scored a hattrick the other night then they wouldn't have changed their minds in the last minute and he would be here too.

Glad to see the youngster back from Chelsea too . That says alot

keep the faith coyr

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 11:02 - Sep 2 with 777 viewsBerber

All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 07:00 - Sep 2 by SalisburySaint

Good summary

Loan fees can range from a couple of hundred thousand to around 3million. I am guessing ours will be up to £1m, with probably more than that for the incoming Maitland-Niles.
All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 11:05 - Sep 2 with 774 viewsBerber

Elijah, give up the reffing and become Saints Statto.
All of Southampton’s Signings and Departures have now been officially announce on 13:41 - Sep 2 with 732 viewsChannonswindmill

Looking through the list of young (first team) players in and the large numbers of young players out on loan 'for development', I wonder how many, if any, will ever return and make the first team? I wonder whether this is part of a process of admitting our youth development in recent years has been below par and this is the club stepping up?

First game, H v Blackpool FA Cup R4, 24/1/76 Exiled in Bristol.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024