Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great interview. 22:40 - Nov 10 with 2439 viewsSteveMoron

Read the comments too.
Get behind this guy!!!!
Great interview. on 23:18 - Nov 10 with 2360 viewsSouthamptonfan

Speaks well, very passionate, sounds very credible. He has to be given a chance. Any appointment is a risk, even managers with PL experience or those from abroad. We will see if it works but give him a chance I would say. He sounds all right.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Great interview. on 23:38 - Nov 10 with 2337 viewspjt50

I don't think anybody's said that he's not a decent bloke & he certainly talks the talk. It doesn't alter the fact that he — and the two coaches he's bringing with him — are woefully lacking in appropriate experience.

I hope Selles is staying on in some capacity.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Great interview. on 23:58 - Nov 10 with 2297 viewscocklebreath

Great interview. on 23:38 - Nov 10 by pjt50

I don't think anybody's said that he's not a decent bloke & he certainly talks the talk. It doesn't alter the fact that he — and the two coaches he's bringing with him — are woefully lacking in appropriate experience.

I don’t see the point of Selles staying, they’ve obviously got different ideas, the club needs everyone pull in the same direction if it does we might just get the 5 or 6 wins we need to stay up

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Great interview. on 06:32 - Nov 11 with 2172 viewssaintwizzler

Great interview. on 23:58 - Nov 10 by cocklebreath

I don’t see the point of Selles staying, they’ve obviously got different ideas, the club needs everyone pull in the same direction if it does we might just get the 5 or 6 wins we need to stay up

Yes a good interview.
Mind you we are used to babbling broken English ones…

Anything left from the Hassenhüttl era needs gone as it should of in the summer.
New broom sweeps clean.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Great interview. on 07:57 - Nov 11 with 2071 viewsBuggalugs

Great interview. on 23:38 - Nov 10 by pjt50

What appropriate experience does Selles have? He's been assistant manager for 14 games when we've been mostly shite, so I don't get the obsession of bigging him up.

Surely a completely clean slate is a better approach.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Great interview. on 08:31 - Nov 11 with 2047 viewspjt50

Great interview. on 07:57 - Nov 11 by Buggalugs

What appropriate experience does Selles have? He's been assistant manager for 14 games when we've been mostly shite, so I don't get the obsession of bigging him up.

Surely a completely clean slate is a better approach.

Well we rated him highly enough in the summer to pay compensation to get him. Ankersen supposedly had a say in his appointment because he was aware of his work at Copenhagen — although who knows who decides what these days.

The players reportedly rate him & respect him.

Of the two new coaches, Alan Sheehan has only been coaching full-time for 9 months, with another 6 months as player-coach. We've effectively got a 24-game season so there's not much time for learning on the job.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Great interview. on 08:53 - Nov 11 with 2005 viewsBuggalugs

Great interview. on 08:31 - Nov 11 by pjt50

Well we rated him highly enough in the summer to pay compensation to get him. Ankersen supposedly had a say in his appointment because he was aware of his work at Copenhagen — although who knows who decides what these days.

The players reportedly rate him & respect him.

Of the two new coaches, Alan Sheehan has only been coaching full-time for 9 months, with another 6 months as player-coach. We've effectively got a 24-game season so there's not much time for learning on the job.

We (the club) rated Ralph.
We rated NJ highly enough to pay compensation for him.
Presumably Ankersen was responsible for NJ appointment.
I'm not fussed if the players like and respect Selles, they certainly haven't shown that on the pitch

If part of the old regime is hanging around still, the same cliques and under-lying problems might remain. Selles might be a great coach, I don't know, but a completely fresh start and approach is what we've been crying out for, imo.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Great interview. on 09:13 - Nov 11 with 1980 viewssledger

ive seen park the bus and hoofball mentioned,isnt this what weve been trying to play all season and not very well at that.We through in a multitude of long throws(lol yeh i know) and corners yet i cant remember the last header we won in the attacking third.If he can improve this we will get better coyr
Login to get fewer ads

Great interview. on 09:14 - Nov 11 with 1981 viewsGRIM

Paper talk is that Saints Management Team didn't want to give any new manager / coach (whatever their title is) too much power.
So they carefully selected a guy that would do as he's told ( is that a Yes man).
But I hope NJ has the bottle to stand his ground & manage the first team as he wishes.
He shouldn't have to worry about other aspects of the club (ie. the Academy etc) other people are employed to do that.
Go for it NJ & best of luck.
Great interview. on 09:15 - Nov 11 with 1979 viewssaint901

I'm not a believer that a change of manager should lead to the entire coaching and backroom staff being asked to leave.

There has to be some continuity behind the scenes or else the learning curve for the new manager gets steeper and harder to climb.

If there are backroom staff who have little impact upon the team selection, tactics, style of play etc, I see no problems in asking them to carry on.

If there are coaches who can impact the way the team plays and who are unwilling to entertain a new style, then they can go.
Great interview. on 09:54 - Nov 11 with 1929 viewsNewdawn2014

this was a really good interview and he could be the breath of fresh air we need , I`m in .

good luck Nathan .
Great interview. on 10:13 - Nov 11 with 1905 viewsSonicBoom

Also people say that new managers don't have experience, or haven't played at a high level etc etc.
The PL is littered with big name managers that have gone to a club and been sacked months later. Or top players that have all the respect but have failed (Gerrard for example).
So having to have PL experience, or having had to play at the top level is all a fallacy and guarantees nothing.
Great interview. on 10:17 - Nov 11 with 1901 viewskernow

It makes a change to see ambitious, young British coaches an opportunity to prove themselves and gain experience of the top level.
It certainly makes a change from seeing the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round , or foreign coaches that nobody has even heard of.
It's a gamble hiring someone without PL experience and who have not been a success elsewhere at some point in their career. I think that would apply to many coaches out there. They all had to start somewhere.
Our man deserves a chance to prove his worth.
Great interview. on 12:43 - Nov 11 with 1811 views1885_SFC

At least NJ has got the balls to take charge 48-hours before a tough trip to Anfield. I imagine it would have been quite easy for him to say he'd take charge first thing Monday morning because he didn't want a hefty defeat at Anfield as his maiden result on his record sheet.

Fair play to the guy.

Old School is Cool

Great interview. on 13:19 - Nov 11 with 1766 viewsSteveMoron

Great interview. on 12:43 - Nov 11 by 1885_SFC

At least NJ has got the balls to take charge 48-hours before a tough trip to Anfield. I imagine it would have been quite easy for him to say he'd take charge first thing Monday morning because he didn't want a hefty defeat at Anfield as his maiden result on his record sheet.

Fair play to the guy.

Yep, good point.
Great interview. on 15:38 - Nov 11 with 1623 viewskingslandstand1

Great interview. on 10:13 - Nov 11 by SonicBoom

Also people say that new managers don't have experience, or haven't played at a high level etc etc.
The PL is littered with big name managers that have gone to a club and been sacked months later. Or top players that have all the respect but have failed (Gerrard for example).
So having to have PL experience, or having had to play at the top level is all a fallacy and guarantees nothing.

Agree but the only slight taint with that is possibly in the recruitment stage and whether an unknown could recruit the bigger name players?

But to counter that, I'd like to think that once NJ, for instance, starts talking to the player he may realise that not being a Billy Big Bolox and he actually talks decent football he can be convinced it's worth going to a provincial club like ours?

Well let's just see. Get tomorrow out of the way and hope all those big name "I'm going to the World Cup" players will be taking it easy
Great interview. on 19:03 - Nov 11 with 1460 viewsBerber

Great interview. on 09:15 - Nov 11 by saint901

I'm not a believer that a change of manager should lead to the entire coaching and backroom staff being asked to leave.

There has to be some continuity behind the scenes or else the learning curve for the new manager gets steeper and harder to climb.

If there are backroom staff who have little impact upon the team selection, tactics, style of play etc, I see no problems in asking them to carry on.

If there are coaches who can impact the way the team plays and who are unwilling to entertain a new style, then they can go.

NJ is bringing two coaches with him as I read it. Not sure that constitutes an entire back room clearout, unless you have inside information?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024