Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game 09:50 - Feb 9 with 1616 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59548/southampton-fans-h

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 10:07 - Feb 9 with 1567 viewssaints__fan__73

Sorry Nick, but we are as good as relegated now, you just have to admit that. We had the chance with he World cup break to appoint a competent manager but the owners, who you always have nothing less than complete faith in, made a huge error in appointing Jones.

Getting behind the team is the last thing fans should be doing now. Even 1 win in the next 5 games would be enough to convince the ego-maniac W@nkerson to keep Jones in place rather than actually admit he made a mistake.

We NEED to lose every game while Jones is still the manager. Nothing less.

This season is over but if we get in a new boss at least we can be planning for a rare exciting season in the Championship.

Getting relegated by 5 points would be the worst thing to happen to us as it is likely we'll still have Jones next season. We need to be relegated by 10-15 points so the club have no choice but to sack him, either that or just lose every game until the atmosphere is so toxic, in a half empty ground, that the board's hands are forced.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:04 - Feb 9 with 1492 viewsmushinexile

I understand the sentiment but it is not our job to dislodge the manager; it is his job to get the team winning. I expect that he won't. The owners will soon make the decision for him. Meanwhile the interests of the fans are best served by supporting whichever random band of footballers he throws together on Saturday.
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:04 - Feb 9 with 1491 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 10:07 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

Sorry Nick, but we are as good as relegated now, you just have to admit that. We had the chance with he World cup break to appoint a competent manager but the owners, who you always have nothing less than complete faith in, made a huge error in appointing Jones.

Getting behind the team is the last thing fans should be doing now. Even 1 win in the next 5 games would be enough to convince the ego-maniac W@nkerson to keep Jones in place rather than actually admit he made a mistake.

This season is over but if we get in a new boss at least we can be planning for a rare exciting season in the Championship.

Getting relegated by 5 points would be the worst thing to happen to us as it is likely we'll still have Jones next season. We need to be relegated by 10-15 points so the club have no choice but to sack him, either that or just lose every game until the atmosphere is so toxic, in a half empty ground, that the board's hands are forced.

regretfully I have to fully agree with this sentiment

however we should not lose sight of the fact that supporters are regarded by the business running the club as customers / cash cows

the club's business plans may well have factored in that with parachute payments, relegation clauses and cheaper Championship operating costs the drop to the Championship might actually provide a short term increase in profit

fan / customer loyalty is a PR trick to maintain revenue streams whether it be Insurance Companies or football clubs

on that basis I suspect any form of protest apart from refusing to renew STs would be p1ssing in the wind

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:07 - Feb 9 with 1486 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 10:07 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

Always have the problem but never the solution, I take it you have met Ankersen

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:13 - Feb 9 with 1476 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:07 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

what difference would that make

the team is basically relegated jut waiting for the ink to dry

next season will see a very different team in a very different league

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:16 - Feb 9 with 1474 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:07 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

Did you actually read my post?

What has meeting him got to do with it? You judge people by their actions/results. Can we not say Armstrong is a very poor striker unless we have 'met' him?

The solution is to force the club's hand to sack Jones. 'getting behind the team' will do the opposite of this.

It's now impossible for Jones to succeed at the club. We are too far down the line for that. The best thing for the long-term future is for him to leave asap so anything the fans can do to make life as uncomfortable for him and the board the better.

Fans who do nothing are not part of the problem. Ironically fans such as yourself trotting out the old cliches like 'support the boys' are nothing more than board sympathisers who actually ARE part of the problem.

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 1426 viewsDorsetIan

All the chatter about what the fans 'should' do is hot air.

The fans will do what the fans do.

I would guess that:

The team will be cheered onto the pitch.
Jones will get some stick when he appears in the dugout.
After that it will depend on the performance and the result. But mainly the result.

If we win 4-0 no doubt Jones will do a lap of the stadium to rapturous applause and all will be forgiven.

But if we lose, it's not going to be pleasant...and he'll be on his way that evening.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:56 - Feb 9 with 1423 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:16 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

Did you actually read my post?

What has meeting him got to do with it? You judge people by their actions/results. Can we not say Armstrong is a very poor striker unless we have 'met' him?

The solution is to force the club's hand to sack Jones. 'getting behind the team' will do the opposite of this.

It's now impossible for Jones to succeed at the club. We are too far down the line for that. The best thing for the long-term future is for him to leave asap so anything the fans can do to make life as uncomfortable for him and the board the better.

Fans who do nothing are not part of the problem. Ironically fans such as yourself trotting out the old cliches like 'support the boys' are nothing more than board sympathisers who actually ARE part of the problem.

I am asking you about the sentence "the ego-maniac W@nkerson" that is a strong condemnation about someone, so I take it you know him personally or at least met him.

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 1420 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:53 - Feb 9 by DorsetIan

I would guess that:

After that it will depend on the performance and the result. But mainly the result.

If we win 4-0 no doubt Jones will do a lap of the stadium to rapturous applause and all will be forgiven.

But if we lose, it's not going to be pleasant...and he'll be on his way that evening.

"But if we lose, it's not going to be pleasant...and he'll be on his way that evening"

Nothing the board said at the forum gave the slightest inclination they were anywhere near sacking Jones.

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 1419 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:53 - Feb 9 by DorsetIan

I would guess that:

I disagree, look at what Everton did, they had organised protests and will continue to have organised protests, they didn't just sit around.

When we played them their was not one bit of discontent during the match, even when we went 2-1 up they stayed with the team and roared them on, on that occasion it didnt work, but when they got the new man they stayed behind the team.

You are right the majority of fans of some football teams will just do what fans do, but some clubs will get organised and make their protests heard properly and not just ranting on social media.

We used to be one of those clubs, we arent now, ironically the clubs that are organised mainly tend to be those in the Big 6

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:07 - Feb 9 with 1405 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:56 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

I am asking you about the sentence "the ego-maniac W@nkerson" that is a strong condemnation about someone, so I take it you know him personally or at least met him.

Nah, you're right - he doesn't seem to be an ego-maniac at all. Shame you weren't so accepting of egos in other people who, far more successfully, ran than the club.

https://frontrowspeakers.com/speakers/rasmus-ankersen/

"He wrote his first book, The DNA of a Winner, aged 22. A year later, he published his second, Leader DNA"

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:20 - Feb 9 with 1381 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:07 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

Nah, you're right - he doesn't seem to be an ego-maniac at all. Shame you weren't so accepting of egos in other people who, far more successfully, ran than the club.

"He wrote his first book, The DNA of a Winner, aged 22. A year later, he published his second, Leader DNA"

Why does writing a book at age 22 make you an egomaniac ? Adrian Mole wrote his first book at 13 3/4 he seemed like quite a grounded person

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 13:20 - Feb 9 with 1321 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:57 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

"But if we lose, it's not going to be pleasant...and he'll be on his way that evening"

Nothing the board said at the forum gave the slightest inclination they were anywhere near sacking Jones.

Maybe not, but they’re not complete idiots.

There’s no possible world in which they’re not thinking about sacking him. He’s been a disaster in terms of results, they were clearly unimpressed by his post-match comments on Saturday and there was only one topic of conversation at the fan‘s forum.

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 1317 viewsmushinexile

It is normal for the board to have complete confidence in the manager until the P45 has been issued. I don't expect we will need to protest, I doubt if Jones will select a winning team anyway
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 13:25 - Feb 9 with 1314 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:59 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

I disagree, look at what Everton did, they had organised protests and will continue to have organised protests, they didn't just sit around.

When we played them their was not one bit of discontent during the match, even when we went 2-1 up they stayed with the team and roared them on, on that occasion it didnt work, but when they got the new man they stayed behind the team.

You are right the majority of fans of some football teams will just do what fans do, but some clubs will get organised and make their protests heard properly and not just ranting on social media.

We used to be one of those clubs, we arent now, ironically the clubs that are organised mainly tend to be those in the Big 6

The ‚Jones Out‘ social media campaign has been pretty effective, if you ask me. The board will have noticed.

It takes organisers to organise something. I think people are waiting to see what happens at Wolves because they fear defeat and think Jones might go after that.

Aren’t most protests against boards? Difficult to criticise SR them having spent so much in January.

They’ll be some Jones Out banners I’ll guess.

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 13:32 - Feb 9 with 1300 viewsmushinexile

It is normal for the board to have complete confidence in the manager until the P45 has been issued. I don't expect we will need to protest, I doubt if Jones will select a winning team anyway
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 1176 viewspjt50

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:07 - Feb 9 by saints__fan__73

After watching the video (somehow I managed to stick it 'til the end) you can see where Ankerson is coming from. Jones is obviously the 10.6 guy. Only trouble is he's not going to manage 10.2 in a million years.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 19:58 - Feb 9 with 994 viewsfelly1

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:20 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

Why does writing a book at age 22 make you an egomaniac ? Adrian Mole wrote his first book at 13 3/4 he seemed like quite a grounded person

😂😂😂
Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 10:21 - Feb 10 with 716 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:20 - Feb 9 by SaintNick

but he continued to stalk Pandora

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 668 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 10:21 - Feb 10 by dwayne_dibley

but he continued to stalk Pandora

He wanted her box.

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:50 - Feb 10 with 643 viewsdwayne_dibley

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 11:24 - Feb 10 by saints__fan__73

He wanted her box.

no hope

Southampton Fans Have To Turn Toxic Situation Into A Positive For Wolves Game on 12:20 - Feb 10 with 631 viewsPaleRider

Nick. A simple question: I've often asked you to present solutions when you whinge about our fans - you never respond. If you feel so passionate about providing solutions - why not?

Doesn't help with the crediblity, does it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024