Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict 10:00 - Apr 28 with 1298 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60144/southampton-v-bour

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:28 - Apr 28 with 1180 viewssaints__fan__73

Why is 'football dying' Nick?

All important viewing figures and TV contract values don't reflect this.

Perhaps you mean the game wasn't as it was when you loved it in the 80s?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:19 - Apr 28 with 1090 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 10:28 - Apr 28 by saints__fan__73

Why is 'football dying' Nick?

All important viewing figures and TV contract values don't reflect this.

Perhaps you mean the game wasn't as it was when you loved it in the 80s?

Football attendances in England have recovered from their slump in the 80s and are now up to record levels only rivalled by the immediate post-war years. But, I guess all fans, be it of sport, music or anything else, feel nostalgia for the years when they were young

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:24 - Apr 28 with 1075 viewsSonicBoom

I'm not sure why the time for recriminations should come later. It's perfectly clear where we are heading.
I should say I couldn't get there last night but I listened to Solent. They are actually totally saints biased but their comments said it all.
Adam Blackmore could not understand the line up. Then later Jo Tessem and Andrew Surman were saying they could not work out what formation we were playing. Tessem said that it looked completely disjointed and that Alcaraz was asking those around him where they were playing.
They all agreed that Saints could have made a more attacking change when they took off JWP but they bought on Lyanco.
And we finally bought on Sulemana with 15 to go and they all agreed it was too late and positive changes should have been made much earlier.
Tessem went as far as to say that we were never going to score. He said other than the first 10 minutes we moved the ball way too slowly and we played like ten individuals without a plan.
I'd say that is pretty damning from people that love the club and goes a long way to explaining why we are so poor on the pitch. Certainly doesn't sound like I missed much.
Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:32 - Apr 28 with 1065 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:24 - Apr 28 by SonicBoom

I'm not sure why the time for recriminations should come later. It's perfectly clear where we are heading.
I should say I couldn't get there last night but I listened to Solent. They are actually totally saints biased but their comments said it all.
Adam Blackmore could not understand the line up. Then later Jo Tessem and Andrew Surman were saying they could not work out what formation we were playing. Tessem said that it looked completely disjointed and that Alcaraz was asking those around him where they were playing.
They all agreed that Saints could have made a more attacking change when they took off JWP but they bought on Lyanco.
And we finally bought on Sulemana with 15 to go and they all agreed it was too late and positive changes should have been made much earlier.
Tessem went as far as to say that we were never going to score. He said other than the first 10 minutes we moved the ball way too slowly and we played like ten individuals without a plan.
I'd say that is pretty damning from people that love the club and goes a long way to explaining why we are so poor on the pitch. Certainly doesn't sound like I missed much.

One thing you wouldn't have picked up from radio was just how slowly the Saints players were moving. They were jogging around like it was a pre-season friendly. The only real urgency came when Stuart Armstrong and Che Adams appeared on the pitch as subs and ran at the pace you'd expect in a Premier League game. One of the big advantages that Bournemouth had was that their players all ran. When you look at the names of their individual players, they are a mediocre bunch it's surprising to even find playing at this level but they played as a team and put some effort into the game.

Bizarrely, when we urgently needed 3 points, we seemed to be playing for a 0-0 draw and then when we went 0-1 down, kept playing the same way, as if we were just trying to keep the score down. There was zero urgency In the first half. Ward-Prowse epitomised our tactics. I didn't see him play a single pass forward.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 11:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:46 - Apr 28 with 1023 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 11:32 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

One thing you wouldn't have picked up from radio was just how slowly the Saints players were moving. They were jogging around like it was a pre-season friendly. The only real urgency came when Stuart Armstrong and Che Adams appeared on the pitch as subs and ran at the pace you'd expect in a Premier League game. One of the big advantages that Bournemouth had was that their players all ran. When you look at the names of their individual players, they are a mediocre bunch it's surprising to even find playing at this level but they played as a team and put some effort into the game.

Bizarrely, when we urgently needed 3 points, we seemed to be playing for a 0-0 draw and then when we went 0-1 down, kept playing the same way, as if we were just trying to keep the score down. There was zero urgency In the first half. Ward-Prowse epitomised our tactics. I didn't see him play a single pass forward.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 11:38]

This. We lack urgency, aggression, forcefulness. We scare nobody.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton V Bournemouth The Verdict on 17:23 - Apr 28 with 759 viewssledger

its obvious what our formation was,same as the palace game,its called the rabble formation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024