Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! 21:25 - May 22 with 1437 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60268/the-sport-republic

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 09:46 - May 23 with 1190 viewsRon11

What just amazes and completely dumbfounds me about all this is that if these people had asked just about every single Saints fan whether or not to sign Nathan Jones, the answer would have been a resounding NO.
And yet they are supposed to be vastly experienced in business, finances and last but not least, football and you would think that they would have more than a little intelligence between them all.
But they signed Jones.
The rest of the football world must have been laughing their heads off.
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 09:51 - May 23 with 1184 viewssaints__fan__73

The fall guy for W ankerson's incompetence.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 09:58 - May 23 with 1178 viewsRon11

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 09:51 - May 23 by saints__fan__73

The fall guy for W ankerson's incompetence.

Who, Semmens?
Let's not forget how smug and cocky that clown was when talking to Saints fans at the 'forum'.
Fu cking idiot.
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 10:11 - May 23 with 1162 viewssaints__fan__73

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 09:58 - May 23 by Ron11

Who, Semmens?
Let's not forget how smug and cocky that clown was when talking to Saints fans at the 'forum'.
Fu cking idiot.

Oh indeed. Semmens is a complete idiot and needed to be got rid of but this season's capitulation was far more down to W anky.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 13:05 - May 23 with 1034 viewsWinchesterExile

This isn’t a revolution. This is tinkering around the edges. 73 is right, Semmens is the fall guy for the failings of the whole board. They should all shoulder the blame. There is nothing about Dragan which makes me think he gets it and is willing to make some really far reaching decisions which stand a chance of getting us out of the mire.

SACK THE ENTIRE BOARD
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 13:53 - May 23 with 988 views1885_SFC

https://www.rasmusankersen.com/the-boiling-frog-problem/

Old School is Cool

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 16:13 - May 23 with 937 viewsWinchesterExile

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 13:53 - May 23 by 1885_SFC

https://www.rasmusankersen.com/the-boiling-frog-problem/

F*ucking hilarious. Give him a taste of his own wisdom.

BOIL THE FROG. SACK THE ENTIRE BOARD.
The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 16:39 - May 23 with 916 viewsA1079

I could be wrong and no doubt people will correct me if I am, but I am sure at the close of last season we got rid of a whole load of the coaching team after a 13 match run which only included one win. Ralph survived - temporarily - that so called mini-revolution had no positive impact whatsoever - we had the same issues, indeed mores so going into this season.

I have no idea whether these changes are for the greater good - I suppose time will tell, but the failings of this season seep beyond Semmens - though I am not shedding any tears for his departure - I was not impressed with him anyway.

What really shows up for me is the complete lack of connection with the city of Southampton, the club, the community. Ok, I am not naieve to not think that owners do not have to be from the area - more often than not they aren't, but there is something about that connection or forming one almost immediately and SR have not done that - not at all. Marcus Liebherr did - the Thai owner (before his life was taken) did for Leicester, the Americans that have taken over at Wrexham and I am sure there are others who get it and feel it and I have not seen it and I no longer see it with many of the players except a core few and somehow that then feeds through to the fans.

Maybe I am talking a load of bs and not explaining it well, but a revolution on its own (if that is what it is) is not enough.
Login to get fewer ads

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 17:19 - May 23 with 883 viewsBerber

The Sport Republic Revolution Starts As Semmens Departs ! on 13:05 - May 23 by WinchesterExile

This isn’t a revolution. This is tinkering around the edges. 73 is right, Semmens is the fall guy for the failings of the whole board. They should all shoulder the blame. There is nothing about Dragan which makes me think he gets it and is willing to make some really far reaching decisions which stand a chance of getting us out of the mire.

SACK THE ENTIRE BOARD

Semmens has presided over a prolonged decline in squad and standards. We may complain about the managers, but he has agreed them all. Ultimately, the decision to bring in Selles again, was not Ralph’s. The club has a major lack of footballing nous, and Semmens has to shoulder the major part of the blame, who appointed the dumkopf commercial director? He didn’t even make good business decisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024