Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse 10:00 - Aug 14 with 1302 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60630/southampton-confir

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:10 - Aug 14 with 1266 viewsSFC_Referee

Clubs just announced his farewell message as well…

“To everyone associated with this incredible football club...
I've been trying to think of the best way to write this message, but finding the words to express exactly what you all mean to me isn't easy.
Whether it's been your amazing support as a fan, your work with me at the training ground or playing alongside me on the pitch, each and every one of you has made the last 20 years better than I could have ever had any right to expect.
It has given me such pride to represent this club, and it was one of the greatest honours of my life to be made its captain.
I have fulfilled so many of my dreams in both football and life while I've been here, so it is by no means easy for me to leave.
While I may be leaving the club, I can assure you it will not be leaving me and that I will always consider myself a member of the Southampton family.
This truly is a unique and special football club, made so by the amazing staff and you the fans.
I'd also like to thank the owners for their continued support during my time at the club, as well as Russell Martin and his staff, who have been magnificent.
Thank you for everything,
James”

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:19 - Aug 14 with 1238 views1teeminants

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:10 - Aug 14 by SFC_Referee

Clubs just announced his farewell message as well…

“To everyone associated with this incredible football club...
I've been trying to think of the best way to write this message, but finding the words to express exactly what you all mean to me isn't easy.
Whether it's been your amazing support as a fan, your work with me at the training ground or playing alongside me on the pitch, each and every one of you has made the last 20 years better than I could have ever had any right to expect.
It has given me such pride to represent this club, and it was one of the greatest honours of my life to be made its captain.
I have fulfilled so many of my dreams in both football and life while I've been here, so it is by no means easy for me to leave.
While I may be leaving the club, I can assure you it will not be leaving me and that I will always consider myself a member of the Southampton family.
This truly is a unique and special football club, made so by the amazing staff and you the fans.
I'd also like to thank the owners for their continued support during my time at the club, as well as Russell Martin and his staff, who have been magnificent.
Thank you for everything,
James”

A sad day indeed but inevitable really as soon as we were relegated.

JWP improved immensely over the years he became more aggresive in his play and became a huge threat from free kicks and corners. Thanks for everything Prowsey . A true Southampton Legend.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:43 - Aug 14 with 1193 viewsI_would

!!!!! YESSSSSS !!!!!

Joggy Joggy round the London Stadium all you want Prowsey.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 1142 viewsButty101

Good luck to him, deserves to be in premiership. Great servant to the club

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:32 - Aug 14 with 1031 viewsBLEEDRED

JWP- Class to the end, a heartfelt message, unlike some who leave the club.
A true club legend. Thanks James
Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:40 - Aug 14 with 1017 viewssaintmark1976

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:43 - Aug 14 by I_would

!!!!! YESSSSSS !!!!!

The definition of a person who has class is “ Someone that exudes sophistication, elegance, or high quality”.

Whatever one thinks of his football abilities J W P has proven with his message of departure that he indeed is one such a person.

I leave it to others to form their own opinions as to whom the word class doesn’t apply.
Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:55 - Aug 14 with 983 viewsChesham_Saint

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:40 - Aug 14 by saintmark1976

The definition of a person who has class is “ Someone that exudes sophistication, elegance, or high quality”.

Whatever one thinks of his football abilities J W P has proven with his message of departure that he indeed is one such a person.

I leave it to others to form their own opinions as to whom the word class doesn’t apply.

It applies to JWP. A very sad day indeed. To nay say this is a crass misrepresentation of what it’s like to be a Saints fan.

My ideal scenario now is West Ham go down, we go up and take JWP back in 12 month’s time…

Other than that best of luck to him.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 981 viewsNumber_58

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 10:43 - Aug 14 by I_would

!!!!! YESSSSSS !!!!!

Now he's gone it's surely the time to reveal what he actually did to you to bring about this frankly bizarre and slightly concerning irrational hatred. Did he ignore your 'Can I have your shirt Prowsey?' cardboard sign? Did he enforce the restraining order? Or is it purely because he didn't sign for Pompey as a kid? I'm sure we're all desperate to know the truth...
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 960 viewsfranniesTache

Good stuff sold the skate Jim Magilton for a decent price, now we can rebuild and progress
Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 13:33 - Aug 14 with 923 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:40 - Aug 14 by saintmark1976

Absolutely. Here is a player that genuinely cares about this club. Here is a player who knows how to respect the fans and club. An example of how to leave a club with dignity. I wish him well.

Look forward to Lavia's similar statement of thanks for t fans who voted him player.of the season.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 16:24 - Aug 14 with 827 viewsI_would

Southampton Confirm Departure Of James Ward Prowse on 12:57 - Aug 14 by Number_58

Now he's gone it's surely the time to reveal what he actually did to you to bring about this frankly bizarre and slightly concerning irrational hatred. Did he ignore your 'Can I have your shirt Prowsey?' cardboard sign? Did he enforce the restraining order? Or is it purely because he didn't sign for Pompey as a kid? I'm sure we're all desperate to know the truth...

Onwards and upwards now. Positive times after four painful sideways and backwards years.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024