Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some managers who've been more successful 11:02 - May 31 with 1618 viewsdirk_doone

in the Championship and League One than Russell Martin (there are many more):

Darren Moore
Chris Wilder
Carlos Corberán
Tony Mowbray
Scott Parker
Mark Robins
Michael Carrick
Paul Warne
Steven Schumacher
Kieran McKenna

I could also compile a list of foreign managers who'd come here and be better than Russell Martin.

To say that we have to accept Russell Martin because there is nobody else is ridiculous.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 11:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some managers who've been more successful on 11:10 - May 31 with 1589 viewsPatfromPoole

Corberan is very good.

He achieved miracles at Huddersfield last year, and has a very good record in this League.

My separate League table prediction thread has him getting West Brom into the top 6, despite their financial uncertainty.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Some managers who've been more successful on 11:24 - May 31 with 1568 viewsA1079

I am wondering if the trail/SR are going cold on Russell Martin now. I expected him (based on all the noise last week) for him to have been named as manager by now.
Some managers who've been more successful on 11:25 - May 31 with 1566 viewsPatfromPoole

Some managers who've been more successful on 11:24 - May 31 by A1079

I am wondering if the trail/SR are going cold on Russell Martin now. I expected him (based on all the noise last week) for him to have been named as manager by now.

Maybe they’re reading the informed critique on here…….

Some managers who've been more successful on 11:26 - May 31 with 1563 viewsPatfromPoole

I fear the delay is due to Martin wanting to bring more or less his entire backroom team with him from Swansea though……

Some managers who've been more successful on 12:22 - May 31 with 1501 viewsSFC_Referee

Ok but it’s also about the style of football we play, and the players we’re gonna have to work with. As we need to start playing under a manger the can work with who we’ve got which will help us to gain our identity back. As yeah some of these managers may have been great, but some just wouldn’t work for the sorta style they wanna play and how it wouldn’t necessarily work with the players we do have and the identity we wanna get back.

But at the same time I’m sure that outta the list of gaffers you’ve named at least a few could’ve also managed us well under the style and players we’re gonna have next season. So yeah why we’ve not got for some of the ones in there that could play under what we’ve got/want, I don’t get either.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Some managers who've been more successful on 12:54 - May 31 with 1478 viewsIfonly

Some managers who've been more successful on 12:22 - May 31 by SFC_Referee

Ok but it’s also about the style of football we play, and the players we’re gonna have to work with. As we need to start playing under a manger the can work with who we’ve got which will help us to gain our identity back. As yeah some of these managers may have been great, but some just wouldn’t work for the sorta style they wanna play and how it wouldn’t necessarily work with the players we do have and the identity we wanna get back.

But at the same time I’m sure that outta the list of gaffers you’ve named at least a few could’ve also managed us well under the style and players we’re gonna have next season. So yeah why we’ve not got for some of the ones in there that could play under what we’ve got/want, I don’t get either.

What is this "identity we wanna get back"? Do you mean playing in our own box and endless sideways passing because that's what we're being promised.
Some managers who've been more successful on 13:43 - Sep 26 with 949 viewsdirk_doone

The majority of managers have a better record than Russsell Martin so the list is very, very long.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 13:45]

Some managers who've been more successful on 13:46 - Sep 26 with 929 viewssaints__fan__73

For simplicity could you just do a list of worse managers than Martin?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Some managers who've been more successful on 13:57 - Sep 26 with 913 viewsdirk_doone

Even at MK Dons, he was one of the worst managers they ever had:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._managers

#EmbraceFailure
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 14:00]

Some managers who've been more successful on 17:04 - Sep 26 with 802 viewsPatfromPoole

I think this thread has aged rather well.

Am ready to revive the similarly dated Joel Piroe one on Saturday, he is already on 4 goals in 5 games, I note.

TRUST THE PROCESS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024