Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints 16:21 - Sep 29 with 1422 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM has confirmed that he would have loved Piroe at Saints and has a good relationship with him. He effectively said that we needed to sell Adams first and that's why we didn't sign him, with the club saying we couldn't afford both.

Can we assume then that once again, the owners and the board refused to pay until Adams was sold, assuming that Piroe wanting more in wages that Stewart? I can only assume that Adams is on a large salary and we therefore weren't prepared to bring in another striker on a another large salary so opted for Stewart who no doubt wanted less.

Blame the managers yes, but these owners don't half make it difficult saving a few grand here and there.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 16:25]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 16:56 - Sep 29 with 1358 viewskingslandstand1

Why not sell Armstrong (A) then at least, as well as one of the other chancers we have on the books that should not get near the first team

Clearly any manager here now will see that there will definitely be restraints in whichever way we go

Obviously we cannot be daft, but look at where we may end up just by saving a few bob

Hopefully, we will all have egg on our faces with this negativity when we beat Leeds 3-0 tomorrow and turn this barren run in to one of envy and positivity!
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:04 - Sep 29 with 1355 viewsRon11

I'm sure he would have loved him at Saints, but like every other player in the Championship, Piroe knows all about Martin's unworkable methods and probably wanted nothing to do with them or him because although he scored 41 with Martin, Swansea conceded far too many also.
And Martin has now said that he''ll be accused of being a 'stubborn git' if they lose. No signs of any consideration for the paying supporters who are having to endure defeat after defeat, it's just all about him being stubborn and not changing the style of play - and indeed also leaving our best players on the bench.
It's all about him.
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:10 - Sep 29 with 1348 viewsRon11

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 16:56 - Sep 29 by kingslandstand1

Why not sell Armstrong (A) then at least, as well as one of the other chancers we have on the books that should not get near the first team

Clearly any manager here now will see that there will definitely be restraints in whichever way we go

Obviously we cannot be daft, but look at where we may end up just by saving a few bob

Hopefully, we will all have egg on our faces with this negativity when we beat Leeds 3-0 tomorrow and turn this barren run in to one of envy and positivity!

Somebody like Warnock or Mowbray would play Adam Armstrong straight down the middle where he belongs and not arse him about in every other position as have the likes of the last three clowns in charge. He hasn't gone from being a prolific striker in the Championship to hardly getting a sniff for no reason apart from tippy tap tosh and not getting the ball forward quick enough. The same applies to Che Adams, and it's still happening with this clown in charge FFS!
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:20 - Sep 29 with 1338 viewsMattFinish

We couldn’t afford Piroe and Adams???
We made £186m profit and we will 100% be getting shot of Che at Christmas.

How come we can’t afford Piroe and Adams but we can afford Che and Stewart? Stewart cost us £10m and Piroe cost Leeds £10.5m

Martin talks so much BS. Does he think we’re stupid
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:43 - Sep 29 with 1298 viewsgrumpy

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:20 - Sep 29 by MattFinish

How come we can’t afford Piroe and Adams but we can afford Che and Stewart? Stewart cost us £10m and Piroe cost Leeds £10.5m

I had trouble understanding that as well, Matt.I have no confidence in Martin,ridiculous appointment.
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:49 - Sep 29 with 1290 views1ASIN12

As has been stated elsewhere the club spent £130 odd million last season, have lost the best part of £100 million in tv income and has an £80 million loan . Not to mention whatever gate and sponsorship money the club have lost due to relegation.

Yet still some fans think we have vast sums money to spend.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 17:55]
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:57 - Sep 29 with 1273 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:04 - Sep 29 by Ron11

I'm sure he would have loved him at Saints, but like every other player in the Championship, Piroe knows all about Martin's unworkable methods and probably wanted nothing to do with them or him because although he scored 41 with Martin, Swansea conceded far too many also.
And Martin has now said that he''ll be accused of being a 'stubborn git' if they lose. No signs of any consideration for the paying supporters who are having to endure defeat after defeat, it's just all about him being stubborn and not changing the style of play - and indeed also leaving our best players on the bench.
It's all about him.

The problem is Ron, something that I am not sure if you are seeing as you seem to think that another manager would change style - the owners, the board, Wilcox are all fully behind RM's style and demand this style of play.

RM is being encouraged to continue with this style. Just listen to Jason Wilcox. He says he agrees with it and only wants a manager that will implement it. So RM is just another symptom of the idiots above him. It's no good keep asking possession based managers to change their style of play, when they were appointed to implement it! If those above the manager love this style so much (which they do), then the next manager will implement exactly the same thing (Playing Armstrong on the wing and so on).

I can't understand why fans can't see that the problem is higher up. The owners / board have got the last three appointments wrong. Why would anything change when they all say they love possession football? Wilcox would would just appoint another similar manager to play the possession games he encourages. So if we want change, demand the owners go.

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 18:01 - Sep 29 with 1269 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:49 - Sep 29 by 1ASIN12

As has been stated elsewhere the club spent £130 odd million last season, have lost the best part of £100 million in tv income and has an £80 million loan . Not to mention whatever gate and sponsorship money the club have lost due to relegation.

We couldn't afford to spend an extra 500 thousand for Piroe so opted for an injured player that can't play until Christmas? How far will that 500 thousand go, when Leeds receive £120 million for promotion and we don't. I can't believe we didn't have the money to go all out to get Piroe. A full of confidence player, scoring goals last season, ready to go, knows how RM plays and we opt for an injured one to save a few quid. Money talks. Had we offered the ready to go, full of confidence player what he wanted, he would have come here. Instead, we opt to save a few quid on a player that was slightly cheaper. The consequence of saving about a million, will be 120 million. They are stupid.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 18:05]

Login to get fewer ads

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 1249 viewsgrumpy

Vast sums of money to waste.
Why buy an injured striker when we could have bought a good one for almost the same money?
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 18:29 - Sep 29 with 1230 viewsRon11

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:57 - Sep 29 by Southamptonfan

The problem is Ron, something that I am not sure if you are seeing as you seem to think that another manager would change style - the owners, the board, Wilcox are all fully behind RM's style and demand this style of play.

RM is being encouraged to continue with this style. Just listen to Jason Wilcox. He says he agrees with it and only wants a manager that will implement it. So RM is just another symptom of the idiots above him. It's no good keep asking possession based managers to change their style of play, when they were appointed to implement it! If those above the manager love this style so much (which they do), then the next manager will implement exactly the same thing (Playing Armstrong on the wing and so on).

I can't understand why fans can't see that the problem is higher up. The owners / board have got the last three appointments wrong. Why would anything change when they all say they love possession football? Wilcox would would just appoint another similar manager to play the possession games he encourages. So if we want change, demand the owners go.

I see what you're saying about the style of play which seems to be approved by the owners, the board, Martin and Wilcox. Unfortunately for them, the players don't seem to approve of it at all, despite Martin's claims that all's well in training (which obviously it's not, so he's a liar).
So sadly yes, you're correct the problem's higher up and it'll stay that way until either the players go with the system and we scrape a win or two or the bad run continues until it becomes unsustainable.
I enjoyed the high press when Danny Rohl was working with Hassenhutl. It was great to watch and produced some brilliant results - of course it all went out of the window when Rohl left, exposing Hassenhutl as the mostly incompetent coach that he actually was. And it's slowly gone downhill from there.
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 18:55 - Sep 29 with 1205 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 18:29 - Sep 29 by Ron11

I see what you're saying about the style of play which seems to be approved by the owners, the board, Martin and Wilcox. Unfortunately for them, the players don't seem to approve of it at all, despite Martin's claims that all's well in training (which obviously it's not, so he's a liar).
So sadly yes, you're correct the problem's higher up and it'll stay that way until either the players go with the system and we scrape a win or two or the bad run continues until it becomes unsustainable.
I enjoyed the high press when Danny Rohl was working with Hassenhutl. It was great to watch and produced some brilliant results - of course it all went out of the window when Rohl left, exposing Hassenhutl as the mostly incompetent coach that he actually was. And it's slowly gone downhill from there.

When Ralph was here the summer before he was sacked, Sport Republic spent 70 million on 6 young, inexperienced players but not one penny spent on a striker. Ralph was promised a striker and it didn't happen. We lost Ings and Broja, Ralph asked for a new striker and wasn't given one. No surprise when we couldn't score. It's a matter of opinion as to whether Ralph was ok or not, but again it's not rocket science buy a f@cking proven striker.

The owners failed the manager there. We then bought Tall Paul in desperation under the next failed manager. We then bought an injured player when Piroe was available. The mistakes just keep stacking up. The various failed managers are neither here or there for me. They have all been appointed by the owners and encouraged to carry out their style of play. Yes RM is a liar because he knows it's hopeless but he obviously can't say that. The mistakes time and time again, no matter who is manager, has to be attributed to the owners.

I agree also that the players don't seem to like the style of play. It must so anxiety ridden playing across the back and so constrained.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 19:00]

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 23:30 - Sep 29 with 1051 viewsMattFinish

I don’t think spending £500k more on Piroe than on injured Stewart could be considered a vast amount of money
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 23:34 - Sep 29 with 1044 viewssaint22

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:43 - Sep 29 by grumpy

I had trouble understanding that as well, Matt.I have no confidence in Martin,ridiculous appointment.

total PR guff
RM is just distancing himself from the fact Piroe didn't want to play under him
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 02:38 - Sep 30 with 989 viewscocklebreath

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 17:20 - Sep 29 by MattFinish

£186 million profit? That’s utter bollox. We don’t need to make up lies to slag off our shite owners

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 892 viewsMattFinish

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 02:38 - Sep 30 by cocklebreath

£186 million profit? That’s utter bollox. We don’t need to make up lies to slag off our shite owners

I should qualify that. That’s profit on transfers

Obviously you have your own opinion and that’s fine. I’m intelligent enough to accept that without calling you a total c*nt
RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 10:53 - Sep 30 with 879 viewscocklebreath

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 10:35 - Sep 30 by MattFinish

I should qualify that. That’s profit on transfers

Obviously you have your own opinion and that’s fine. I’m intelligent enough to accept that without calling you a total c*nt

Simmer down sweet cheeks

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 14:37 - Sep 30 with 828 viewsMattFinish

RM - I would have loved Piroe at Saints on 10:53 - Sep 30 by cocklebreath

Simmer down sweet cheeks

You wish
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024