Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning & KWP 21:37 - Dec 4 with 1630 viewsSaintNick

Both in the EFL Championship team of the week, as is an Armstrong although in the link I saw it doesnt say which one and Wesley Hoedt once of this parish

I have just checked it is Adam Armstrong

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manning & KWP on 21:52 - Dec 4 with 1588 viewsPatfromPoole

Hopefully Hoedt scores his token own goal this week…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Manning & KWP on 21:58 - Dec 4 with 1586 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 21:52 - Dec 4 by PatfromPoole

Hopefully Hoedt scores his token own goal this week…..

Played well for Watford at the weekend

Manning & KWP on 22:04 - Dec 4 with 1578 viewsButty101

Manning & KWP on 21:58 - Dec 4 by SaintNick

Played well for Watford at the weekend

Found his level. He certainly wasnt good enough for the prem

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Manning & KWP on 22:21 - Dec 4 with 1562 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 22:04 - Dec 4 by Butty101

Found his level. He certainly wasnt good enough for the prem

Probably not, he had the talent but perhaps not the application, he had a great game in our 1-0m win at Swansea in 2018

Manning & KWP on 22:38 - Dec 4 with 1535 viewscocklebreath

Manning & KWP on 22:21 - Dec 4 by SaintNick

Probably not, he had the talent but perhaps not the application, he had a great game in our 1-0m win at Swansea in 2018

Not fit to tie Yoshidas boots

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Manning & KWP on 23:20 - Dec 4 with 1503 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 22:38 - Dec 4 by cocklebreath

Not fit to tie Yoshidas boots

I wouldnt have said that there was a lot to choose between them, I felt sorry for Hoedt he arrived at the club when his partners were the sulking Virgil Van Dyk and then either yoshida or Jack Stephens neither Premier League quality.

Manning & KWP on 10:31 - Dec 5 with 1353 viewsButty101

Manning & KWP on 23:20 - Dec 4 by SaintNick

I wouldnt have said that there was a lot to choose between them, I felt sorry for Hoedt he arrived at the club when his partners were the sulking Virgil Van Dyk and then either yoshida or Jack Stephens neither Premier League quality.

I sure yoshida and Jack Stephens would say look what i had to work with.

Jack Stephens is arguably premiership quality has played over 100 games. He would of joined a premiership team in the summer until the club binned their manager.

Manning & KWP on 12:26 - Dec 5 with 1308 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 10:31 - Dec 5 by Butty101

I sure yoshida and Jack Stephens would say look what i had to work with.

Jack Stephens is arguably premiership quality has played over 100 games. He would of joined a premiership team in the summer until the club binned their manager.

Yoshida had plenty to work with Lovren, Alderweireld, Fonte & Vn Dijk, which is why he couldnt get in the team much till after they had all gone.

Jack Stephens granted did not have a lot to work with, but he struggled for game time even when he was competing with the likes of Hoedt, Vestergaard & Yoshida himself.

109 (13) Premier League games for Saints saw him have some good games and bad games, but they were spread out over 4 1/2 seasons and almost half were in his first season and 1/2.

This season he played the first 3 games and we saw 6 goals conceded, I would think he would find it hard to dislodge Bednarek & TBH and perhaps even Mason Holgate ahead of him

I want to see him do well here, when he plays I don't spend my time screaming that he is S*** but although he can look back with a sense of pride and loyalty, in simple terms he is not up there with some of our better players in the centre of defence

Login to get fewer ads

Manning & KWP on 14:13 - Dec 5 with 1238 viewsIfonly

I think you meant to refer to the Championship team of the week, not the PL team of the week. Manning played well for once on his last outing but I doubt he will ever be named in the PL team of the week.

Btw the manager was named as Danny Rohl, also once of this parish.
Manning & KWP on 17:32 - Dec 5 with 1176 viewsfelly1

Manning & KWP on 12:26 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

Yoshida had plenty to work with Lovren, Alderweireld, Fonte & Vn Dijk, which is why he couldnt get in the team much till after they had all gone.

Jack Stephens granted did not have a lot to work with, but he struggled for game time even when he was competing with the likes of Hoedt, Vestergaard & Yoshida himself.

109 (13) Premier League games for Saints saw him have some good games and bad games, but they were spread out over 4 1/2 seasons and almost half were in his first season and 1/2.

This season he played the first 3 games and we saw 6 goals conceded, I would think he would find it hard to dislodge Bednarek & TBH and perhaps even Mason Holgate ahead of him

I want to see him do well here, when he plays I don't spend my time screaming that he is S*** but although he can look back with a sense of pride and loyalty, in simple terms he is not up there with some of our better players in the centre of defence

Stats eh Nick.
We can all play that game.
With Captain Stephens playing we were unbeaten in our first six games.
First game without him we lost 4 on the trot and conceded 12.
Went on loan last season and we went down without him whilst he performed well at Bournemouth and they stayed up.

Ive got no issues with you not rating him as he's an average defender with flaws, but I think a he's a leader in the club and respected.
That's why he was made Captain and I feel he can perform well at this level.
It's just you will defend Manning with your last breath and I kind of agree with you regarding that.
But when Stephens got a ton of stick and some of it was unjustified you didn't see fit to defend him from this criticism.
Manning & KWP on 18:35 - Dec 5 with 1133 viewsButty101

Manning & KWP on 17:32 - Dec 5 by felly1

Stats eh Nick.
Went on loan last season and we went down without him whilst he performed well at Bournemouth and they stayed up.

Ive got no issues with you not rating him as he's an average defender with flaws, but I think a he's a leader in the club and respected.
It's just you will defend Manning with your last breath and I kind of agree with you regarding that.
But when Stephens got a ton of stick and some of it was unjustified you didn't see fit to defend him from this criticism.

And not one of those 6 goals was down to jack. Manning made a mistake against Norwich and Plymouth to cost 2 goals . Smallbone lost a header against shef wed. KWP and bednerek got beat for headers against Norwich. The other Norwich goal was outside the box shot.
I appreciate that analysis dosent support your agenda Nick …

Manning & KWP on 20:44 - Dec 5 with 1082 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 17:32 - Dec 5 by felly1

Stats eh Nick.

Yes we can all play that game, but lets get them right, firstly Jack played the first 3 games, 2 wins and a draw, 7 goals conceded (2.3 per game average) back then we were all moaning about how bad we were at the back and that we couldnt play out from the back so how could we try to play possession football !

Jack got injured in the 25th minute of the 4th game, home to QPR when it was 0-0 .

As you said we then lost 4 straight games conceding 12 goals (3 per game) a little bit worse but not that much worse and we sorted it out after the first two routs.

In our 11 game unbeaten run we have conceded just 8, so about .75 per game now.

In the Premier League for Bournemouth he was in the squad 32 times, he started just 13 games, 12 of them in one spell between January - April, he came off the bench just twice ( 1 min in each game)and was an unused sub 13 times

So to suggest that he played well at Bournemouth is stretching it a bit, in his 13 starts Bournemouth got 20 points so about 1.4 per game so from that perspective it worked, but he was dropped for the last 5 of the season to the bench.

With regard to being a Leader, I think he is almost certainly an influence in the dressing room, but a leader ?

I would say that is difficult to believe given that up to the start of this season he had started just 28 games for the club in the previous 3 seasons, respected by his team mates yes, but able to lead by example again im not quite so sure.

I dont defend Manning with my last breath, I just dont think he was any worse than most of the others around him in the first games of the season.

I truly hope that Jack plays a good part in the rest of the season

Manning & KWP on 21:44 - Dec 5 with 1053 viewsfelly1

Manning & KWP on 20:44 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

Yes we can all play that game, but lets get them right, firstly Jack played the first 3 games, 2 wins and a draw, 7 goals conceded (2.3 per game average) back then we were all moaning about how bad we were at the back and that we couldnt play out from the back so how could we try to play possession football !

Jack got injured in the 25th minute of the 4th game, home to QPR when it was 0-0 .

As you said we then lost 4 straight games conceding 12 goals (3 per game) a little bit worse but not that much worse and we sorted it out after the first two routs.

In the Premier League for Bournemouth he was in the squad 32 times, he started just 13 games, 12 of them in one spell between January - April, he came off the bench just twice ( 1 min in each game)and was an unused sub 13 times

So to suggest that he played well at Bournemouth is stretching it a bit, in his 13 starts Bournemouth got 20 points so about 1.4 per game so from that perspective it worked, but he was dropped for the last 5 of the season to the bench.

With regard to being a Leader, I think he is almost certainly an influence in the dressing room, but a leader ?

I would say that is difficult to believe given that up to the start of this season he had started just 28 games for the club in the previous 3 seasons, respected by his team mates yes, but able to lead by example again im not quite so sure.

I dont defend Manning with my last breath, I just dont think he was any worse than most of the others around him in the first games of the season.

Stephens has been described as a natural leader on several occasions.
Not my words Nick.. Russell Martin has described him as such on several occasions.
No disrespect but I'd hazard a guess he'd know his character better than us fans.
Anyhow we have a new CB pairing that are going great guns and I'm really happy.

Whilst others who don't rate Manning for instance will always find it hard to let it go, even after a decent performance.
You have the same achilles heal for Stephens.
Go on admit it Nick!
Manning & KWP on 21:57 - Dec 5 with 1039 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 21:44 - Dec 5 by felly1

Stephens has been described as a natural leader on several occasions.
Not my words Nick.. Russell Martin has described him as such on several occasions.
No disrespect but I'd hazard a guess he'd know his character better than us fans.
Anyhow we have a new CB pairing that are going great guns and I'm really happy.

Whilst others who don't rate Manning for instance will always find it hard to let it go, even after a decent performance.
You have the same achilles heal for Stephens.
Go on admit it Nick!

I dont rate Stephens, but everything I say I back up with facts from the past, I dont call him names or say he is S***, I just try to keep to the evidence.

Yes I know Martin has described him as a leader, yes he will know his character, im just basing it on performances and i think it will be hard for him to oust Bednarek & THB.

If Stephens comes in and plays well I will acknowledge it

Manning & KWP on 22:13 - Dec 5 with 1003 viewsButty101

Manning & KWP on 20:44 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

We can all play the stats game - you clearly cant - 6 goals conceded in the first 3 games at an average of 2 a game - none of them due to Stephens.

Manning & KWP on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 981 viewsSaintNick

Manning & KWP on 22:13 - Dec 5 by Butty101

We can all play the stats game - you clearly cant - 6 goals conceded in the first 3 games at an average of 2 a game - none of them due to Stephens.

I cant remember who they were down to, but just because a player doesn't give a goal away doesn't mean that he has had a good or for that matter bad game

Manning & KWP on 09:43 - Dec 6 with 890 viewsButty101

Manning & KWP on 22:39 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

I cant remember who they were down to, but just because a player doesn't give a goal away doesn't mean that he has had a good or for that matter bad game

I had a look back, the games are all on youtube. You were using that metric to say we are better off without Stephens. However all bar one of those 6 goals were down to his team mates not doing their job. So not really a fair metric

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024