Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Italy 22:39 - Oct 17 with 1453 viewsgrumpy

Looks like we are putting a good team together at last.
England v Italy on 00:36 - Oct 18 with 1399 viewsWints76

Really enjoyed watching that. Italy obviously not what they were (no way would a previous Italian defence allow a free run for our 3rd without a brutal foul!) but that's not our problem. With a few tweaks this could be the best England team of my life time. Bellingham has it in him to be the best player in the world. Annoyingly, France are still possibly still slightly ahead
England v Italy on 04:07 - Oct 18 with 1363 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, I'm really glad I went. England's first home win v Italy since 1977!

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England v Italy on 06:46 - Oct 18 with 1310 viewssolent_toffee

England v Italy on 00:36 - Oct 18 by Wints76

Really enjoyed watching that. Italy obviously not what they were (no way would a previous Italian defence allow a free run for our 3rd without a brutal foul!) but that's not our problem. With a few tweaks this could be the best England team of my life time. Bellingham has it in him to be the best player in the world. Annoyingly, France are still possibly still slightly ahead

I really enjoy watching England these days. Hopefully Shaw can get back to fitness before the Euros as Trippier is still a weak link, he is playing out of position like.

Would love to see a team that includes Foden, Saka and Rashford.
England v Italy on 07:13 - Oct 18 with 1297 viewsPatfromPoole

At the point of thinking that if we don’t end our tournament drought now, we never will.

Kane isn’t going to go on for ever.

Just need to wrap him and Bellingham up in cotton wool for the next 7 months.

I think we are possibly a top-class CB short of being a complete side, but hopefully one may emerge in the next few months.

There always seems to be one other side who just come good at the right time in a tournament for them and the wrong time for us. Whereas we often peak in qualifying matches.

Hopefully that will not happen this time.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

England v Italy on 10:50 - Oct 18 with 1214 viewsBerber

We have a pretty decent first 11 or so. After that, meh, as the Australia game showed.
England v Italy on 11:45 - Oct 18 with 1191 viewsButty101

England v Italy on 00:36 - Oct 18 by Wints76

Couldnt agree more, Bellingham reminds me a bit of Gazza.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

England v Italy on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 1142 viewsdirk_doone

England v Italy on 11:45 - Oct 18 by Butty101

Couldnt agree more, Bellingham reminds me a bit of Gazza.

Also Kane seems to have got even better since he joined Bayern. I wonder whether playing in foreign leagues helps players. Bellingham and Kane certainly seem to be improving. When you look at the teams that win World Cups and European Championships, they usually have a lot of players who play abroad.

In the Wembley programme last night, there was an article about English players who played in Italy, one of the most famous of which was Gazza.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:59]

England v Italy on 16:10 - Oct 19 with 983 viewsButty101

England v Italy on 13:43 - Oct 18 by dirk_doone

Also Kane seems to have got even better since he joined Bayern. I wonder whether playing in foreign leagues helps players. Bellingham and Kane certainly seem to be improving. When you look at the teams that win World Cups and European Championships, they usually have a lot of players who play abroad.

In the Wembley programme last night, there was an article about English players who played in Italy, one of the most famous of which was Gazza.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:59]

Did they mention Gordon Cowans and Paul Rideout? I was gutted when Cowans chose not to join us. He was a class player

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

England v Italy on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 971 viewsdirk_doone

England v Italy on 16:10 - Oct 19 by Butty101

Did they mention Gordon Cowans and Paul Rideout? I was gutted when Cowans chose not to join us. He was a class player

No. In an article entitled The Italian Job, which runs to 6 pages of text and pictures neither of them gets a mention. It starts with English players currently in Serie A, Abraham, Tomori, Loftus-Cheek, Smalling and Iling-Junior, then in a section subtitled Ciao! it discusses players from the past, Greaves, Ince, Platt, Walker, Hateley, Gascoigne, Richards, Winks etc, but it doesn't give a list and leaves out several important ones like pioneer Gerry Hitchens. It certainly could have been better.

Of course, Cowans and Rideout both played for Bari, who got relegated after signing them. Bari obviously never learned their lesson, as a few years later, Bari signed another English player, David Platt, and got relegated again.

I'll always remember Paul Rideout's spectacular Saints debut when he scored 2 goals in a 4-0 victory over West Ham. We were briefly top of the league and I thought he was going to be one of our best signings ever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024