Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? 14:10 - Dec 22 with 2406 viewssaintmark1976

Whilst from the club’s financial point of view the match appears to be a “sell out” with all tickets accounted for, it’s difficult to see it being a “ full house” when there are nearly 500 seats still available on the ticket exchange. A win tomorrow may encourage a big walk up on the day I suppose ?
Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 14:26 - Dec 22 with 2371 viewsSouthamptonfan

As much as boxing day games are hugely popular, there are also a sizeable number of season tickets holders who are away for Christmas and / or visiting families. I think they will shift 500 if that's how many season tickets holders can't make it. The tickets have been selling like crazy over the last few days. I have seen lots of people asking for tickets on social media.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2023 14:27]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 16:06 - Dec 22 with 2265 viewscocklebreath

Really suprised how quickly the Plymouth tickets went, got my boxing day ones early as I knew it would be a sell out but left it too late to get 3 together for Plymouth

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 23:14 - Dec 23 with 1902 viewsdarthvader

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 16:06 - Dec 22 by cocklebreath

Really suprised how quickly the Plymouth tickets went, got my boxing day ones early as I knew it would be a sell out but left it too late to get 3 together for Plymouth

I was lucky to get 2 together in block 4 , but after it starts will pop up to block 3 hopefully to stand with pals

keep the faith coyr

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 17:01 - Dec 24 with 1649 viewsSouthamptonfan

There are still about 500 ticket exchange tickets available. It doesn't seem to be widely advertised. You would think the clin would be advertising it rather than saying it's sold out.

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 21:04 - Dec 24 with 1544 viewsSalisburySaint

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 17:01 - Dec 24 by Southamptonfan

There are still about 500 ticket exchange tickets available. It doesn't seem to be widely advertised. You would think the clin would be advertising it rather than saying it's sold out.

Club don’t make much money from ticket exchange so probably not too worried about reselling them, as already been paid for these tickets
Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 21:24 - Dec 24 with 1525 viewsSouthamptonfan

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 21:04 - Dec 24 by SalisburySaint

Club don’t make much money from ticket exchange so probably not too worried about reselling them, as already been paid for these tickets

Yeh, I'm sure you're spot on there. A few distant family members who I only see at Christmas, said they wanted to go to the game but it was sold out. They were very happy when I said there's 500 tickets left! They are now going to the game. It just made me wonder how many others probably think it's sold out but otherwise would have gone. Doesn't make the club very much, but these family members might love it so much they end up wanting to go to more and you would think the club would want as much support as possible, but you're right it comes down to money I'm sure.

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 23:04 - Dec 24 with 1458 viewssaintmark1976

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 21:24 - Dec 24 by Southamptonfan

Yeh, I'm sure you're spot on there. A few distant family members who I only see at Christmas, said they wanted to go to the game but it was sold out. They were very happy when I said there's 500 tickets left! They are now going to the game. It just made me wonder how many others probably think it's sold out but otherwise would have gone. Doesn't make the club very much, but these family members might love it so much they end up wanting to go to more and you would think the club would want as much support as possible, but you're right it comes down to money I'm sure.

I just can’t understand what the club are doing.

If you go to the S F C official website under “tickets” it states the both Swansea and Plymouth are unavailable.

If you go to the S F C official website under “ticket exchange” it states that seats are still available.

So, if you are a casual visitor to St Mary’s and have never heard of the ticket exchange you are precluded from attending.

As Southamptonfan states the Club won’t make a fortune from reselling the seats, but what other business would give up the chance of selling the same seat twice ? Let alone the extra revenue they may obtain from sales of food and in the club shop, generated by the additional 500 or so attendees.
Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 23:10 - Dec 24 with 1453 viewsSouthamptonfan

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 23:04 - Dec 24 by saintmark1976

I just can’t understand what the club are doing.

If you go to the S F C official website under “tickets” it states the both Swansea and Plymouth are unavailable.

If you go to the S F C official website under “ticket exchange” it states that seats are still available.

So, if you are a casual visitor to St Mary’s and have never heard of the ticket exchange you are precluded from attending.

As Southamptonfan states the Club won’t make a fortune from reselling the seats, but what other business would give up the chance of selling the same seat twice ? Let alone the extra revenue they may obtain from sales of food and in the club shop, generated by the additional 500 or so attendees.

It is strange to say the least. We arn't talking about a few seats here, we are talking over 500 seats. The club might not make much from the ticket exchange, but surely they would still rather take the extra income, however small, plus the extra support and good image of not having any empty seats. And as you say, that's more potential revenue in the shop, food sales etc and possibly future fans. They are almost hiding the fact that there are seats available but why?

As you state, fans are going to the website, to buy tickets for the game, it says unavailable and sold out, so those fans think there arn't any tickets, yet there are 500 available. Very bizarre.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 23:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:18 - Dec 25 with 1267 viewsSaintNick

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 23:10 - Dec 24 by Southamptonfan

It is strange to say the least. We arn't talking about a few seats here, we are talking over 500 seats. The club might not make much from the ticket exchange, but surely they would still rather take the extra income, however small, plus the extra support and good image of not having any empty seats. And as you say, that's more potential revenue in the shop, food sales etc and possibly future fans. They are almost hiding the fact that there are seats available but why?

As you state, fans are going to the website, to buy tickets for the game, it says unavailable and sold out, so those fans think there arn't any tickets, yet there are 500 available. Very bizarre.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 23:23]

Whilst I do agree that the club's advertising and pr on the website is awful and at best is not very clear, they have put out a news story to say that you can buy tickets via the ticket exchange

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:26 - Dec 25 with 1261 viewsPatfromPoole

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:18 - Dec 25 by SaintNick

Whilst I do agree that the club's advertising and pr on the website is awful and at best is not very clear, they have put out a news story to say that you can buy tickets via the ticket exchange

It doesn’t seem very easy to me to find the Ticket Exchange.

When I looked on the main ticket home page yesterday, it just said that Swansea was sold out, and there was no quick link to the Ticket Exchange.

Maybe I’m just blind though…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:36 - Dec 25 with 1253 viewsSaintNick

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:26 - Dec 25 by PatfromPoole

It doesn’t seem very easy to me to find the Ticket Exchange.

When I looked on the main ticket home page yesterday, it just said that Swansea was sold out, and there was no quick link to the Ticket Exchange.

Maybe I’m just blind though…..

If you click on tickets and follow the links it takes you through to the game link and you can press to buy tickets, but it is a bit of a rigmarole

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 10:27 - Dec 25 with 1229 views1ASIN12

Not going to be a full house on Boxing Day? on 09:36 - Dec 25 by SaintNick

If you click on tickets and follow the links it takes you through to the game link and you can press to buy tickets, but it is a bit of a rigmarole

I only found out where to buy extra tickets by reading your article Nick and following the link .

As you and others have stated it’s not clear and I bet a load of fans are thinking there are no tickets available.

Have a great Christmas .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024