Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-season Friendlies announced 12:04 - May 13 with 4534 viewschuckleberry

Macc away on 29th July followed by a trip to our poor neighbours at Giggle Lane on Sat 2nd August.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 12:05]
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 12:17 - May 13 with 4481 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

It's quite gracious of us to give the wee teams a boost by playing them.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 12:21 - May 13 with 4458 viewsDaley_Lama

The Pope is Catholic, Bears poop in the woods and it is Flicker v Hilly this summer.

I'm slightly surprised by the first two.

Poll: DF in or out

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 12:46 - May 13 with 4380 viewsTVOS1907

Quote: "The Hill-Flitcroft bromance is starting to annoy me now"

Quote: "Won't be bothering with that one. Considering the lack of respect from that chavvy plonker Hill last time we had a friendly."

Double Arfs!
[Post edited 13 May 2014 12:47]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 13:46 - May 13 with 4223 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The BIFFOs have a friendly lined up against Newcastle. Should be a moneyspinner.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 14:52 - May 13 with 4099 viewsD_Alien

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 13:46 - May 13 by Albert_Whitehurst

The BIFFOs have a friendly lined up against Newcastle. Should be a moneyspinner.

It'll be Newcastle B

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 17:58 - May 13 with 3872 viewsThe_DJ

Think its nice that Dale are supporting deprived lower division football areas such as bury.
It will be an honour for bury to play League 1 opposition.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:38 - May 13 with 3702 viewsILoveMYclub

One of my favourite friendlies I looked forward to was when the great Manchester City Joe Mercer /Malcolm Allison era agreed to play a friendly at Spotland.

Who would play was the excitement as it was it turned out to be a B team but what a B teamm it was for those that were there. ARTHUR MANN , TONY TOWERS, RON HEALEY, IAN MELLOr and all.........

Let's knock our neighbours too much they got Tutte but I remember the excitement when I heard Alf Arrowsmith signed...........scored just as many as Jack Howarth (then much heralded)
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 21:47 - May 13 with 3606 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 14:52 - May 13 by D_Alien

It'll be Newcastle B

Quite probably, but the Newcastle fans will travel in numbers is imagine, if there is no 'A' game on the same date.
Login to get fewer ads

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 05:00 - May 14 with 3461 viewsjokerthief

Bury already have 3 cracking home friendlies..Rochdale---Sheff Wed and Blackburn..
Rochdale need at least two bumper home friendlies to ignite some interest to the new season.

I would like to see new premiership team Burnley..and maybe Leeds or Huddersfield both at Spotland.
These big clubs are a waste of time..United,.. City etc, all their players are globe-trotting, selling themselves in the USA or Asia..
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 09:15 - May 14 with 3371 viewsBarryStrange

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 05:00 - May 14 by jokerthief

Bury already have 3 cracking home friendlies..Rochdale---Sheff Wed and Blackburn..
Rochdale need at least two bumper home friendlies to ignite some interest to the new season.

I would like to see new premiership team Burnley..and maybe Leeds or Huddersfield both at Spotland.
These big clubs are a waste of time..United,.. City etc, all their players are globe-trotting, selling themselves in the USA or Asia..

If your fans are anything like ours that critical last point will be wasted on people who seem to recall a friendly with United a decade ago (we had United's full team in 2001 and City's in 2002) and haven't noticed they don't do that anymore except very occasionally as a personal favour.

Friendlies rarely make money anymore and I am expecting nowt exciting out of Sheff Wed, Blackburn, or whatever Hill sends over.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 10:12 - May 14 with 3313 viewsMoonyDale

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 09:15 - May 14 by BarryStrange

If your fans are anything like ours that critical last point will be wasted on people who seem to recall a friendly with United a decade ago (we had United's full team in 2001 and City's in 2002) and haven't noticed they don't do that anymore except very occasionally as a personal favour.

Friendlies rarely make money anymore and I am expecting nowt exciting out of Sheff Wed, Blackburn, or whatever Hill sends over.

I love the pre season friendlies, after being starved of watching Dale after seasons end it's good to get back into the habit.....We all knew there would be a Bury friendly, let's hope we don't kick lumps out of each other.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 10:46 - May 14 with 3271 viewsD_Alien

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 10:12 - May 14 by MoonyDale

I love the pre season friendlies, after being starved of watching Dale after seasons end it's good to get back into the habit.....We all knew there would be a Bury friendly, let's hope we don't kick lumps out of each other.....

The players? Or the fans?

No doubt the bury yoof will be sharpening their six-toed boots as we speak

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 10:56 - May 14 with 3249 views100notout

I've heard the club are arranging a friendly with Burnley - not sure how reliable this is but would be a great game to look forward to, generate a lot of interest and be a good measure of where we will be ahead of the new season

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 12:36 - May 14 with 3162 viewsMoonyDale

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 10:46 - May 14 by D_Alien

The players? Or the fans?

No doubt the bury yoof will be sharpening their six-toed boots as we speak

Players mainly.....A few Bury oiks givin it large was never much of a problem...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 16:27 - May 15 with 2853 viewsregjenkins

didn't we play Everton at Spotty once in the early 1970...and beat them?

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 16:27 - May 15 with 2851 viewsTVOS1907

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 16:27 - May 15 by regjenkins

didn't we play Everton at Spotty once in the early 1970...and beat them?

Yep, 4-3 in July 1969. Some of the older members of this board will have seen it, I imagine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 16:33 - May 15 with 2837 views49thseason

That would be the match which resulted in Steve Mellodew signing for Everton having given them the run around during the game.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 18:14 - May 15 with 2740 viewspioneer

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 16:33 - May 15 by 49thseason

That would be the match which resulted in Steve Mellodew signing for Everton having given them the run around during the game.

Yup, Everton played their first team and went on to win the title that year.
Pre-season Friendlies announced on 19:47 - May 15 with 2677 viewsD_Alien

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 18:14 - May 15 by pioneer

Yup, Everton played their first team and went on to win the title that year.

Their manager Harry Catterick started his managerial career at Dale, which is probably why we got the game, and most of their first team squad played which made our performance so much the better. Catterick commented after the game that he thought we'd set the 3rd Division alight - we were top of the league a few weeks later.

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:20 - May 15 with 2631 viewsR17ALE

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 19:47 - May 15 by D_Alien

Their manager Harry Catterick started his managerial career at Dale, which is probably why we got the game, and most of their first team squad played which made our performance so much the better. Catterick commented after the game that he thought we'd set the 3rd Division alight - we were top of the league a few weeks later.

Harry Catterick is one of 3 answers to a peculiar Dale related piece of trivia. See if you can guess the other 2!

Which 3 people have been on the payroll of a Rochdale team, and have subsequently gone onto manage another club to be Champions of England?

Clue - one did it 6 times! The other once I think.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:28 - May 15 with 2601 views442Dale

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:20 - May 15 by R17ALE

Harry Catterick is one of 3 answers to a peculiar Dale related piece of trivia. See if you can guess the other 2!

Which 3 people have been on the payroll of a Rochdale team, and have subsequently gone onto manage another club to be Champions of England?

Clue - one did it 6 times! The other once I think.

Joe Fagan won it once.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:57 - May 15 with 2565 viewspioneer

Pre-season Friendlies announced on 20:28 - May 15 by 442Dale

Joe Fagan won it once.

Herbert Chapman, was on Dales books as a player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024