Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible 17:07 - Oct 24 with 21245 views1907

Negative. Boring. Anti football. Bad.
Terrible on 22:55 - Oct 24 with 3135 viewsDaley_Lama

Their keeper made two cracking saves.

Lewis missed a sitter.

Different day, 3-0 win, avenging last season's 3-0.

Josh could have taken up knitting today.

Thought they played some nice one touch stuff in midfield a few times and Poleon is too good for them/us/bury, was surprised to see him on the bench.

Poll: DF in or out

Terrible on 22:56 - Oct 24 with 3125 viewsmidlandsdale

Terrible on 21:15 - Oct 24 by macro

Christ some people talk absolute shite. How is Hill losing it? Hill has had three clean sheets in a row after everyone was clambering for it to be sorted. Yes attacking wise we’re looking a little lacklustre at the mo but people we are four points of the play offs and overachieving in a division where financially we should be relegation fodder.

Having an opinion isn't talking shite! Its an opinion. Your entitled to yours as I am mine. My question was exactly that, a debate about the current situation. I love the dale, played for them as a schoolboy and its in my blood as it is yours no doubt.

I think Jamie is best through the middle, I think unfit players shouldn't play, and I think we have better defenders on the bench. Yes we have kept 3 clean sheets, but thats because we have sacrificed some of our attacking intent by defending more from the front.

Play the better players, and in the right positions and still retain our attacking edge. Just an opinion but what the funk do I know!
Terrible on 23:49 - Oct 24 with 3014 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Terrible on 17:59 - Oct 24 by Daley_Lama

I wasn't great, no claims from me on that.

Compared to last season however, there are bonuses all round.

We can return to being Barca when we play Wigan on tv.

That's another shit derby!
Terrible on 23:58 - Oct 24 with 2994 viewsDaley_Lama

We might get to see Grant Holt not celebrate once more.

Here's not hoping.

Poll: DF in or out

Terrible on 00:13 - Oct 25 with 2960 viewsShawLatic

Terrible on 22:55 - Oct 24 by Daley_Lama

Their keeper made two cracking saves.

Lewis missed a sitter.

Different day, 3-0 win, avenging last season's 3-0.

Josh could have taken up knitting today.

Thought they played some nice one touch stuff in midfield a few times and Poleon is too good for them/us/bury, was surprised to see him on the bench.

Poleon has been our best player recently, helps him that our team
Is slow as. He's our only bit of pace with forte out injured
Terrible on 06:07 - Oct 25 with 2842 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 23:49 - Oct 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's another shit derby!

It's what we got promoted for and much more preferable than home games against the likes of Stevenage,Crawley,Dagenham etc. Really enjoying league one this season, every games a tough one. Wigan Athletic at home is a cracking fixture, they seem to be getting stronger as the season progresses.
Terrible on 09:52 - Oct 25 with 2583 viewsaleanddale

Terrible on 18:09 - Oct 24 by mikehunt

My concern is how ponderous we have become breaking from the back. Last season we used to charge up the pitch; now it takes half a dozen back passes to Josh before we even get to the halfway line. Cannon used to storm up the wing (bit of poetic licence but you know what I mean).
I can't put my finger on what has changed.

My sentiments mike.

No fear?

3 clean sheets is a positive but this is not the style of footy I associate with Hill.

This tippy tappy football across the back line then back to josh is just plain boring.

Loads of new faces today in The TDS.

I doubt they will be back anytime soon!
Terrible on 09:55 - Oct 25 with 2575 viewsMBoothman

Things are not clicking going forward at the minute; too many scary big diagonals from our CBs, who haven't got the passing range ala Dawson for that, and we haven't the skill of O' Grady out wide. Not sure if its a tactical problem or a personnel problem. I think Holly's just holding on for January at the minute; will be interested to see if we stick or twist - personally I see RNL, Bunney, Rose and maybe Alessandra all being offloaded.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible on 09:56 - Oct 25 with 2571 viewsaleanddale

Terrible on 21:03 - Oct 24 by dalenumber2

Andrew is one of our key players now - I thought he was our best player when he came on today. Great hold-up play and some good defending too when it was needed. There are several players I would prefer to move on before him.

Calvin was MOM by a fookin country mile...

One exception in an otherwise turgid performance!!

Build on the 3 clean sheet positive for a tricky match at Roots Hall.
Terrible on 10:46 - Oct 25 with 2495 viewsD_Alien

Terrible on 09:55 - Oct 25 by MBoothman

Things are not clicking going forward at the minute; too many scary big diagonals from our CBs, who haven't got the passing range ala Dawson for that, and we haven't the skill of O' Grady out wide. Not sure if its a tactical problem or a personnel problem. I think Holly's just holding on for January at the minute; will be interested to see if we stick or twist - personally I see RNL, Bunney, Rose and maybe Alessandra all being offloaded.

Aye, there's some shape-shifting to come.

On the subject of Alessandra, I had high hopes for him. I'm too long in the tooth to think that one bad miss maketh a poor striker, but let's just say he's made it a lot easier for fans who were advocating his inclusion to lose that faith. I think he was protesting to the ref that he'd received a nudge from a defender. What does he expect in that situation?

There would've been few negative posts after the game if we'd scraped a 1-0.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terrible on 10:56 - Oct 25 with 2464 viewsnordenblue

Terrible on 10:46 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

Aye, there's some shape-shifting to come.

On the subject of Alessandra, I had high hopes for him. I'm too long in the tooth to think that one bad miss maketh a poor striker, but let's just say he's made it a lot easier for fans who were advocating his inclusion to lose that faith. I think he was protesting to the ref that he'd received a nudge from a defender. What does he expect in that situation?

There would've been few negative posts after the game if we'd scraped a 1-0.

Some good points DA,whatever the score finished yesterday it was a bobbins game very similar to bury away a week previous,it seems Hilly has gone all tactical and shut up shop which is all very good for the goals conceded column but as a paying fan its dull as dishwater to sit through 90 mins at the minute.
If we are going to bang long diagonal balls to our forwards surely its a better bet playing NML and Andrew up top than a couple of small forwards
Terrible on 11:02 - Oct 25 with 2439 viewsD_Alien

Terrible on 10:56 - Oct 25 by nordenblue

Some good points DA,whatever the score finished yesterday it was a bobbins game very similar to bury away a week previous,it seems Hilly has gone all tactical and shut up shop which is all very good for the goals conceded column but as a paying fan its dull as dishwater to sit through 90 mins at the minute.
If we are going to bang long diagonal balls to our forwards surely its a better bet playing NML and Andrew up top than a couple of small forwards

That's pretty much what I was thinking when we started with Alessandra as a lone striker. In his defence, he was so isolated he was barely involved in the game before his big chance came. He's looked decent enough on the ball in his previous appearances but yesterday was almost like hanging him out to dry.

Terrible on 11:39 - Oct 25 with 2370 views1907

Didn't we once go a full season without having a 0-0?
Terrible on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 2355 viewsLuke8686

Terrible on 11:39 - Oct 25 by 1907

Didn't we once go a full season without having a 0-0?

Yeah, last season. Although we had a couple in the cup (northampton and aldershot)
Terrible on 12:39 - Oct 25 with 2258 viewsAtThePeake

This will be my last post on this board.

What a bunch of absolute mongs we must look to opposition fans reading this thread. Three 0-0 draws this week are by no means fantastic results, but one was against a team who have spent massive money over the summer, one against a former Premier League club with an ex-England international in their ranks and one against a team who twice beat us 3-0 last season - and some of you are wondering whether Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley. FFS.

The reason Hill says he is the best manager in the history of the club is because he IS. Okay, he may have tried something different with Allen wide left today and it may not have come off, but how many times as he tried something different and it has come off? Matt Done as a lone striker anyone? Callum Camps starting against Nottingham Forest? Signing Craig Dawson, Scott Hogan and Donal McDermott from the depths of non-league.

Alessandra might be offloaded in January? You mean the lad who has started just four games for us so far - and scored in two of them? One bad miss and you lot are straight on his back - anyone remember that O'Grady miss at Gigg Lane?

The Sheffield United defeat may have been more entertaining, But the point from each of these 0-0 draws will be far more valuable come the end of the season.

You constantly call Bury fans for being deluded but the real delusion is on this board at the moment as far as I can see. They MIGHT have a wealthy benefactor. They certainly have a better squad. They have every right to feel their side is worthy of promotion to the Championship this term. The delusion here that we should be in any way pushing for a promotion this season when we have one of the smallest fanbases and budgets in the division is laughable. A top half finish would be an INCREDIBLE achievement for us once again - and that's exactly where we are now.

We're a bottom-half League Two club in the top half of League One and to be questioning Hilly at this stage is absolutely embarrassing. I might not agree with everything Hilly says or does from the off but he knows a damn sight more than me and a damn sight more than you and that's why we've won two promotions under him. That's why this club is in the top half of League One and not battling to stay in League Two as we were in most seasons prior to his first appointment. That's why we're (incredibly) a solid side at this level and not getting relegated as we were in our only season in League One without him.

Tangled up in blue.

Terrible on 12:47 - Oct 25 with 2234 viewsDalenet

Terrible on 12:39 - Oct 25 by AtThePeake

What a bunch of absolute mongs we must look to opposition fans reading this thread. Three 0-0 draws this week are by no means fantastic results, but one was against a team who have spent massive money over the summer, one against a former Premier League club with an ex-England international in their ranks and one against a team who twice beat us 3-0 last season - and some of you are wondering whether Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley. FFS.

The reason Hill says he is the best manager in the history of the club is because he IS. Okay, he may have tried something different with Allen wide left today and it may not have come off, but how many times as he tried something different and it has come off? Matt Done as a lone striker anyone? Callum Camps starting against Nottingham Forest? Signing Craig Dawson, Scott Hogan and Donal McDermott from the depths of non-league.

Alessandra might be offloaded in January? You mean the lad who has started just four games for us so far - and scored in two of them? One bad miss and you lot are straight on his back - anyone remember that O'Grady miss at Gigg Lane?

The Sheffield United defeat may have been more entertaining, But the point from each of these 0-0 draws will be far more valuable come the end of the season.

You constantly call Bury fans for being deluded but the real delusion is on this board at the moment as far as I can see. They MIGHT have a wealthy benefactor. They certainly have a better squad. They have every right to feel their side is worthy of promotion to the Championship this term. The delusion here that we should be in any way pushing for a promotion this season when we have one of the smallest fanbases and budgets in the division is laughable. A top half finish would be an INCREDIBLE achievement for us once again - and that's exactly where we are now.

We're a bottom-half League Two club in the top half of League One and to be questioning Hilly at this stage is absolutely embarrassing. I might not agree with everything Hilly says or does from the off but he knows a damn sight more than me and a damn sight more than you and that's why we've won two promotions under him. That's why this club is in the top half of League One and not battling to stay in League Two as we were in most seasons prior to his first appointment. That's why we're (incredibly) a solid side at this level and not getting relegated as we were in our only season in League One without him.

I agree with almost everything you say and I am pleased with 3 clean sheets after our recent defensive woes.

But we are in the entertainment industry and we desperately need new fans. We got barely 1900 home fans against the so called ex Premiership team on Tuesday. We can't sustain a conference club never mind a league one club on that size of gate over a long period so we need to find ways of getting people to watch us. And playing faster paced football and scoring a few goals is what many are looking for. You can't knock those that are looking for that
Terrible on 12:52 - Oct 25 with 2223 viewsRalphs12

Agree with pretty much everything you've said. The fact people are moaning about a lack of attacking threat because of three no score draws is just silly. We shut out Coventry who have a very strong looking front line and it was said that you couldn't get a much better 0-0. We had several chances to win that game too.

We scored 2 at Sheff Utd 3 games ago. We've been missing a player who many would consider our best for the past few games in Hendo. Allesandra has looked a decent pick up as has NML.

I dread to think what it would be like reading this board if we were genuinely crap. Stop being so dramatic.
Terrible on 12:54 - Oct 25 with 2207 viewsTalkingSutty

Don't go.
Terrible on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 2193 viewsfitzochris

In the main, it's just people venting their frustration.

If Hilly announced he was leaving the club tomorrow, I can't think of one Dale fan who wouldn't be absolutely gutted.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 13:00]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Terrible on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 2193 viewsRalphs12

Terrible on 12:47 - Oct 25 by Dalenet

I agree with almost everything you say and I am pleased with 3 clean sheets after our recent defensive woes.

But we are in the entertainment industry and we desperately need new fans. We got barely 1900 home fans against the so called ex Premiership team on Tuesday. We can't sustain a conference club never mind a league one club on that size of gate over a long period so we need to find ways of getting people to watch us. And playing faster paced football and scoring a few goals is what many are looking for. You can't knock those that are looking for that

But to counter the argument for "faster flowing football" we were leaking goals massively afew weeks back, maybe the slower play has been implemented to stop that. Had we won yesterday would we see this thread at its current 3 pages?
Terrible on 13:00 - Oct 25 with 2184 viewsD_Alien

Terrible on 12:54 - Oct 25 by TalkingSutty

Don't go.

ATP's post shows he's got a lot of things to say, like many of us have. To respond to critical analysis on a football messageboard with a flounce would be a waste of an education.

He can always prove me wrong, of course.

Terrible on 13:06 - Oct 25 with 2158 views442Dale

My last post will involve my total contempt for shorts trim not matching that of the shirt.

It will be carnage. Possibly the end of the internet as we know it.

Do. Not. Push. Me.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terrible on 13:17 - Oct 25 with 2104 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 12:59 - Oct 25 by fitzochris

In the main, it's just people venting their frustration.

If Hilly announced he was leaving the club tomorrow, I can't think of one Dale fan who wouldn't be absolutely gutted.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 13:00]

Agree with that. Hilly should never be above criticism and neither should players performance, obviously happy clappers won't agree with those sentiments, and we do have some. Hilly doesn't always get it right, he admits that himself and if fans think certain players are played out of position or are guilty of missing clear cut chances or simply not being good enough then why shouldn't those opinions be expressed on the message board? It's part and parcel of being involved in the game and goes with the territory.

Yesterday we weren't really at the races against a poor Oldham team, the paying customer is well within their right to express their opinion rightly or wrong. Hilly's worked wonders for us but there's nothing wrong with questioning his team selection/ formation or tactics, it's not a reason to stop contributing to a forum.
Terrible on 13:19 - Oct 25 with 2098 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 13:00 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

ATP's post shows he's got a lot of things to say, like many of us have. To respond to critical analysis on a football messageboard with a flounce would be a waste of an education.

He can always prove me wrong, of course.

I had a flounce once but realised I could actually contribute further disruption by staying
Terrible on 13:28 - Oct 25 with 2063 viewsD_Alien

Terrible on 13:19 - Oct 25 by TalkingSutty

I had a flounce once but realised I could actually contribute further disruption by staying

I always thought disruption was the entire point of a messageboard

Seriously though, we do need people with the ability to post with intelligence and wit, even if we disagree with them. The post by midlandsdale was controversial but worth reading and responding to. Isn't the whole point of a liberal education about inculcating the ability and desire to engage in debate and reach our own conclusions?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 13:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024