Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 17:56 - Jan 20 with 14453 viewsdaveB

What a bell end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35356198

Joey Barton on 11:20 - Jan 21 with 3115 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton on 11:08 - Jan 21 by Mick_S

He's confusing "professional standards" with his corners.

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton on 12:29 - Jan 21 with 3046 viewsrobith

Remember when we went away to Man City, with a billion pound squad, needing a win to have any chance of staying up and he gave an interview slagging off the dressing room.

Don't often agree with Souness, but him laying into Barton on air after that was on point
Joey Barton on 19:41 - Jan 21 with 2926 viewsDejR_vu

and more from the messiah

http://talksport.com/football/burnleys-joey-barton-his-availability-last-summer-

'There's a lot of lazy people out there. If you did your due diligence and were smart and a forward-thinking organisation - certainly in the Championship - I was a no-brainer really if you wanted to get promotion.'

I wish I lived in Joeyland. I'd be Hugh Heffner.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 19:48]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Joey Barton on 23:04 - Jan 21 with 2841 viewsLblock

Maybe I'll take back my earlier statements.
Seems he's reverting to type and Dyche has dropped the leash

Stand by for an "I won't be in the Championship next season" faux pas

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Joey Barton on 23:06 - Jan 21 with 2837 viewsNorthernr

Joey Barton on 19:41 - Jan 21 by DejR_vu

http://talksport.com/football/burnleys-joey-barton-his-availability-last-summer-

'There's a lot of lazy people out there. If you did your due diligence and were smart and a forward-thinking organisation - certainly in the Championship - I was a no-brainer really if you wanted to get promotion.'

Jesus, two free kicks in a week and off he fcking goes again.
Joey Barton on 23:14 - Jan 21 with 2827 viewsdixiedean

Joey Barton on 20:04 - Jan 20 by gigiisourgod

Can we have no more threads on this vvanker please. An absolute disgrace that he was allowed to captain our football club for so long.

Couldn't agree more. Him signing for us let alone being captain was on a par with Vinnie Jones for me. Hated him before he came to us; hated him while he was here and hate him now. James Hunt of the highest order
Joey Barton on 07:56 - Jan 22 with 2721 viewsSimonJames

Joey Barton on 19:41 - Jan 21 by DejR_vu

I want some of what he's smoking.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Joey Barton on 08:29 - Jan 22 with 2701 viewsPunteR

For what its worth, I thought he was committed to the cause for QPR when on the pitch. He was never a shirker. Yes he made some stupid mistakes and got sent off, but he was targeted by refs and players on occasions.
He is an arrogant individual and speaks his mind,so what?. He's gone now anyway.
Was he worth the money spent on him? no. Was any of our players?
I don't hate the bloke,we've had worse culprits who wasn't pulling their weight here.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 2667 viewsexiled_dictator

Joey Barton on 23:06 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Jesus, two free kicks in a week and off he fcking goes again.

it's his time of the year, again.
when he realises he will have to pull dole fro august, and is desperately talking up his chances with anyone that will listen.
it used to be big important teams in the past, but now he is slipping down the slippery pole if professional football heading straight for punditry. you almost feel sorry for him. almost, but not quite.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Joey Barton on 11:27 - Jan 22 with 2633 viewsDeepcutHoop

Joey Barton on 08:29 - Jan 22 by PunteR

For what its worth, I thought he was committed to the cause for QPR when on the pitch. He was never a shirker. Yes he made some stupid mistakes and got sent off, but he was targeted by refs and players on occasions.
He is an arrogant individual and speaks his mind,so what?. He's gone now anyway.
I don't hate the bloke,we've had worse culprits who wasn't pulling their weight here.

Blaming your team-mates for a relegation he was a major part of is despicable, and utterly predictable from Barton.

We're the mugs for welcoming him back to LR with open arms after he bad-mouthed the club, and didn't bother turning back up for training until he felt like it.

He's poisonous and I've not been more happy to see a player leave this club.
Joey Barton on 11:27 - Jan 22 with 2631 viewsTGRRRSSS

Joey Barton on 10:12 - Jan 21 by Antti_Heinola

This is spot on.
It amazes me the forgiveness some have for Joey. On the one hand, I don't look down on him for studying at Roehampton, for reading philosophy etc and for trying to better himself. I find the attitude of some people towards that part of his life pretty repellant - it stinks of: 'you're scum, you're thick - get back in your box.' But at the same time I can't bear his arrogance - I like arrogance in a footballer when justified - for him it's not.
I respect him for how he has really made something of his life from unpromising beginnings and I genuinely think he spends a lot of time trying to better himself, trying to find a way to curb his temper and rectify his shortcomings. Few people can be that self-aware. But then other times, like with these quotes, he seems to have no self-awareness at all and an inflated opinion of himself that is pretty shocking. He's a real enigma.

But the absolute best thing we did was let him go. We had to. Yes, he may well have been better than Karl Henry or Sandrose this season, but that's not really the point. For Joey, it's always all about Joey. As for his 'sky-high' performances, well, last season I don't think he was even in our top 3 performers. Good riddance.

I think by and large this is my view of Barton.
I do think he put in more of a shift than many, he often struggled but his problem is he cant help himself, you can see what he wants to do and be even, but he just has this switch he cannot help pushing at
Joey Barton on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 2594 viewsPunteR

Joey Barton on 11:27 - Jan 22 by DeepcutHoop

Blaming your team-mates for a relegation he was a major part of is despicable, and utterly predictable from Barton.

We're the mugs for welcoming him back to LR with open arms after he bad-mouthed the club, and didn't bother turning back up for training until he felt like it.

He's poisonous and I've not been more happy to see a player leave this club.

Fair enough..

Joey Barton on 13:07 - Jan 22 with 2548 viewsR_from_afar

Joey Barton on 07:51 - Jan 21 by warrenfox4

Don't think he was the worst player to wear the hoops.......
Bob Malcolm anyone...

Seriously though, I think he is very deluded regarding his career.......what did he have...a couple of good seasons as a youngster at Newcastle.
Although he can occasionally put in a good shift... his ego seems to get in the way and screw up anything good he has done.
I went of the lad after the sending off at man city.....

Still

Someone else's problem now isn't he

Can you imagine what a conversation between him and Taarabt about who is the world's best footballer would be like? Joey: "OK, it's agreed then: We are joint best!"

If you think Barton blows his own trumpet now, imagine what he'll be like when he retires and becomes a pundit. "Another poor free kick from Neymar there. I would've bent it round the wall and into the top corner. He's only 35 yards out! Honestly..."

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joey Barton on 13:25 - Jan 22 with 2517 viewsJuzzie

Joey Barton on 08:29 - Jan 22 by PunteR

The only cause he's committed to is himself.

Slagged us off when at Marseille saying he'd never play for us again - came back
Said he's never play in the Championship - he played all of last season and now all of this one so far.

The problem with his sending off's is they were never, for example, the sort of tackles that gets you 2 yellows. They were always when he lost his control which was easy to do as his tether was so short and always in crucial 6-pointer games that cost us dear, that's why he was an easy target from opposition players.

Yes, I do think some of his bookings last season were unfair and by reputation but there's only one person who got him that reputation.

Agree with the rest though.
Joey Barton on 14:09 - Jan 22 with 2483 viewsisawqpratwcity

Joey Barton on 13:25 - Jan 22 by Juzzie

The only cause he's committed to is himself.

Slagged us off when at Marseille saying he'd never play for us again - came back
Said he's never play in the Championship - he played all of last season and now all of this one so far.

The problem with his sending off's is they were never, for example, the sort of tackles that gets you 2 yellows. They were always when he lost his control which was easy to do as his tether was so short and always in crucial 6-pointer games that cost us dear, that's why he was an easy target from opposition players.

Yes, I do think some of his bookings last season were unfair and by reputation but there's only one person who got him that reputation.

Agree with the rest though.

I think you are right to distinguish between his yellows and his reds. I thought that a fair few of his yellows were because of his reputation and I don't think it is fair to Barton to make an off-hand comment about him generating that reputation. The ref should still fairly evaluate the foul and penalise accordingly.

His reds with us, though, are a different basket of stinking fish. They were all a result of 'Agro Joey' losing it and deservedly being sent off. I had been a big defender of Joey because in spite of so many faults, I thought him to be an overall asset to the side. His last red, however, convinced me that, however many times he apologised and said 'never again', he just couldn't stop that red mist rising. You can't have an out-of-control bloke like that in your side.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Joey Barton on 15:33 - Jan 22 with 2431 viewsJuzzie

Joey Barton on 14:09 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

I think you are right to distinguish between his yellows and his reds. I thought that a fair few of his yellows were because of his reputation and I don't think it is fair to Barton to make an off-hand comment about him generating that reputation. The ref should still fairly evaluate the foul and penalise accordingly.

His reds with us, though, are a different basket of stinking fish. They were all a result of 'Agro Joey' losing it and deservedly being sent off. I had been a big defender of Joey because in spite of so many faults, I thought him to be an overall asset to the side. His last red, however, convinced me that, however many times he apologised and said 'never again', he just couldn't stop that red mist rising. You can't have an out-of-control bloke like that in your side.

You are right, his reputation 'shouldn't' sway the ref but IMO it clearly did. You could just see the ref couldn't wait to get the card out for something that didn't warrant a yellow. "ref power - I'm in charge dontcha know".

Whether right or wrong of the ref, Barton put himself in that position over many years. Lineker never got booked once because he wasn't a cnt on the pitch, he didn't put himself in that position.
Joey Barton on 16:05 - Jan 22 with 2399 viewsisawqpratwcity

Joey Barton on 15:33 - Jan 22 by Juzzie

You are right, his reputation 'shouldn't' sway the ref but IMO it clearly did. You could just see the ref couldn't wait to get the card out for something that didn't warrant a yellow. "ref power - I'm in charge dontcha know".

Whether right or wrong of the ref, Barton put himself in that position over many years. Lineker never got booked once because he wasn't a cnt on the pitch, he didn't put himself in that position.

You can't get much further apart than Barton and Lineker!

Joey Barton on 16:09 - Jan 22 with 2392 viewsPunteR

Joey Barton on 16:05 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

You can't get much further apart than Barton and Lineker!

I cant stand Lineker though..

Joey Barton on 16:17 - Jan 22 with 2371 viewsisawqpratwcity

Joey Barton on 16:09 - Jan 22 by PunteR

I cant stand Lineker though..

Yeh, that hokey Midlands Boy Scout thing...

Joey Barton on 00:20 - Jan 23 with 2242 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Joey is an asset to a football team if he keeps it simple and controls his temper. Unfortunately his ego believes he's capable of playing expansive football and he often loses his cool in vital matches.
Joey Barton on 00:32 - Jan 23 with 2238 viewsFearless

Really dislike Barton and so pleased he's gone from us.
Self publicist, delusional, etc etc

However, seem to remember some brilliant tweets from him after he got hit by a coke bottle at burnley - anyone got any?
Joey Barton on 16:31 - Jun 18 with 1445 viewsEsox_Lucius

There's no way anyone could accuse him of being a cünt after reading this; he lacks the warmth and depth for that. He is an ankle, three feet lower than a cünt.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp33exz7xe1o

The grass is always greener.

Joey Barton on 16:42 - Jun 18 with 1359 viewsBluce_Ree

He's gone fully into the right-wing grifter mode now. Cultivate an audience 'gone on, Joey, you tell 'em' dickheads and then start selling them some nonsense. Athletic Greens, Crypto, dick pills, Trump Dollars, whatever.

It's like how Russell Brand went from being a hippy leftie to then selling out when he caught some of the Covid conspiracy knobhead audience and realised he could make a lot of money out of them.

You can put Farage in that pot too if you were buying into his bullshit and thinking of voting for him.

Also, allegedly headbutted a friend of a friend on a night out. A girl. (NOt Farage, obvs)
[Post edited 18 Jun 16:44]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joey Barton on 22:11 - Jun 18 with 832 viewsLazyFan

The thing is, if he was not such an idiot, he could have made a managerial career for himself. Now, with all this nonsense, why would he have any credibility with any player?

This means that anyone who stupidly hires him will immediately lose the dressing room. Also, when they project onto others it comes from a fear of doing similar activities and getting found out. "No, I called you it first" excuse.

Stay away from such people; they are not special, just delusional.

zzzzzzzzzz

Joey Barton on 07:41 - Jun 19 with 585 views100percent

Joey Barton on 22:11 - Jun 18 by LazyFan

The thing is, if he was not such an idiot, he could have made a managerial career for himself. Now, with all this nonsense, why would he have any credibility with any player?

This means that anyone who stupidly hires him will immediately lose the dressing room. Also, when they project onto others it comes from a fear of doing similar activities and getting found out. "No, I called you it first" excuse.

Stay away from such people; they are not special, just delusional.

I make you right. He could have easily remained managing in League 1 for a long time - plenty of teams would have taken him and been happy to plod along with his 'I've played for Citeh and got an England cap' rhetoric.
His divisive opinions for clicks and particularly doubling down on women's football has effectively made him unemployable in football again.
I'm no fan of Barton, but its difficult to see where he goes from here after not only closing the door on his football career but also embarrassing himself and apologising for his social media outbursts - even his fan boys seems to be turning on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024