Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoillet.........New Contract? 07:39 - Mar 13 with 8638 viewsellersliehoop

Yes from me.......
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 23:16 - Mar 13 with 2358 viewsWilloW4

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 23:09 - Mar 13 by Northernr

Lights and bells and whistle and alarms all over this one.
Firstly he obviously can't stay on the contract he's on now, it would have to be reduced massively, he's just about the last one here now on a contract signed during that mad period.
Secondly, I can't imagine it's a coincidence he's suddenly pulled his finger out, after 3 years of doing next to nothing, just as he either needs another contract here or an offer from somewhere else - see Matthew Rose case study.
Thirdly - Armand Traore did the same thing 18 months ago and got another two years out of us.
Fourthly - Ferdinand and Hoos know the score, know what we can afford etc. The last thing we need is a load of people pestering Fernandes on Twitter to renew Hoilett's deal. Let the competent people who know what they're doing do the sums and make the call.

"Thirdly - Armand Traore did the same thing 18 months ago and got another two years out of us".......exactly.! Let's be wary about what we wish for.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 00:17 - Mar 14 with 2299 viewsJigsore

who replaces him is a better question

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 00:27 - Mar 14 with 2292 viewsNorthernr

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 00:17 - Mar 14 by Jigsore

Washington, coming on off that flank onto his right foot in the same way at a tenth of the weekly price.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 03:53 - Mar 14 with 2254 viewstimcocking

This is a difficult one.

I have always thought he's a quality player that we as a club and fans managed as badly as was possible in terms of getting the best out of him. Now he's getting a run of games and some confidence and feels welcome instead of disliked, it doesn't surprise me at all to see him doing so well at this level.

Of course he's so fragile mentally and physically, will he go back off the boil again soon and be a waste of space which he has been for a while? Possibly. And because the contract has run down, he'll obviously want a big salary.

So if I don't worry about the cost, in terms of ability, there's no doubt he's one of our best players and I'd definitely want to sign him up. With FFP kicking us in the bollox all the time, though, and presumably a much lower wage structure than Junior will want, it'd have to be a no. We'd be lucky to replace him with anybody better at this level.

If I look at our players, how many do I think could genuinely cut it in the premier league? Not too many. Junior is definitely one and still a good age.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 3:54]
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 06:09 - Mar 14 with 2236 viewsVancouverHoop

There are a number of reasons a player doesn't play to his potential. They include injuries, lack of coaching, lack of confidence, and demotivation (ie:laziness.) Some of these are external, some internal but they're frequently inter-related. No one here can say for sure which of them apply in Hoilett's case, or to what extent. His spike in form is suspiciously coincident with his contract expiring, but it's also coincident with JFH running the team. I don't know which factor weighs more more strongly but, however talented they may be, 21 year-old players need coaching, and we know that no one got much of it when Redknapp was manager.

In the end it won't make any difference because there's no way the club will pay him even half of what he's getting now, nor should they.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:09 - Mar 14 with 2168 viewssimmo

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 00:17 - Mar 14 by Jigsore

Washington, El Karate, Petrasso - all 3 can play on that side and would cost about 10% of his current wage. None of those 3 have pissed about being mostly shite for 3 and a bit years either.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:24 - Mar 14 with 2156 viewsjonno

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:09 - Mar 14 by simmo

Washington, El Karate, Petrasso - all 3 can play on that side and would cost about 10% of his current wage. None of those 3 have pissed about being mostly shite for 3 and a bit years either.

Exactly. The same applies to Phillips. Even with Hoillett playing OK recently, there is still very little "end product" - excellent goal on Saturday apart. Almost every time Hoillet has the ball it eventually ends up off the pitch or with the opposition, very rarely does it result in a chance for us to score or a goal. And for the little Phillips provides on the other wing, we can get better for a lot less money, and probably with players already at the Club.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:31 - Mar 14 with 2141 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:24 - Mar 14 by jonno

Exactly. The same applies to Phillips. Even with Hoillett playing OK recently, there is still very little "end product" - excellent goal on Saturday apart. Almost every time Hoillet has the ball it eventually ends up off the pitch or with the opposition, very rarely does it result in a chance for us to score or a goal. And for the little Phillips provides on the other wing, we can get better for a lot less money, and probably with players already at the Club.

Phillips is a lazy bugger too often but you can't doubt he does have end product. If we could get a decent fee for him and a cheap-ish replacement I wouldn't be too sad to see him go but it's a very different situation to Hoilett's IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 08:32 - Mar 14 with 2139 viewsYorkRanger

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 23:09 - Mar 13 by Northernr

Lights and bells and whistle and alarms all over this one.
Firstly he obviously can't stay on the contract he's on now, it would have to be reduced massively, he's just about the last one here now on a contract signed during that mad period.
Secondly, I can't imagine it's a coincidence he's suddenly pulled his finger out, after 3 years of doing next to nothing, just as he either needs another contract here or an offer from somewhere else - see Matthew Rose case study.
Thirdly - Armand Traore did the same thing 18 months ago and got another two years out of us.
Fourthly - Ferdinand and Hoos know the score, know what we can afford etc. The last thing we need is a load of people pestering Fernandes on Twitter to renew Hoilett's deal. Let the competent people who know what they're doing do the sums and make the call.

Agreed. Whilst we will all have a view, let LF and Hoos determined the economics and JFH determine from a footballing perspective...
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 09:23 - Mar 14 with 2112 viewsPunteR

Shouldn't we be playing them now rather than Hoilet.? Same scenario as Green in a way. Play the younger players who will be here next season. Hoillet is out of contract, so the shop window doesn't apply.
Great goal though, he's been trying that shot for the last 3 years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 09:33 - Mar 14 with 2102 viewssimmo

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 09:23 - Mar 14 by PunteR

Shouldn't we be playing them now rather than Hoilet.? Same scenario as Green in a way. Play the younger players who will be here next season. Hoillet is out of contract, so the shop window doesn't apply.
Great goal though, he's been trying that shot for the last 3 years.

Yeah maybe, I would imagine if Hoilett was in poor form then that may prompt JFH to go with El Karate or Washington a little earlier, but it is also helpful that he can use them sparingly here and there to bring them slowly up to speed, integrate them into the league and team with less pressure to perform. I've noticed he's been very careful with his management of the squad so far, not excluded anyone, people on the fringes have all got games through rotation and I think that's a good thing as he keeps his options open whilst working out who he needs to keep/prioritise for the summer and who is ultimately expendable.

Perhaps when the season is mathematically over for us, he will start to experiment a little more with players he feel might be able to be in the squad for next year (Robinson, Petrasso, Washington, El Karate, Kepekawa, etc). Until then we have Hoilett, he's playing well and in JFHs mind, he might be hopeful of retaining him for next season.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 09:48 - Mar 14 with 2078 viewssimmo

Also Gladwin! Forgot about him.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 10:03 - Mar 14 with 2055 viewsPunteR

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 09:33 - Mar 14 by simmo

Yeah maybe, I would imagine if Hoilett was in poor form then that may prompt JFH to go with El Karate or Washington a little earlier, but it is also helpful that he can use them sparingly here and there to bring them slowly up to speed, integrate them into the league and team with less pressure to perform. I've noticed he's been very careful with his management of the squad so far, not excluded anyone, people on the fringes have all got games through rotation and I think that's a good thing as he keeps his options open whilst working out who he needs to keep/prioritise for the summer and who is ultimately expendable.

Perhaps when the season is mathematically over for us, he will start to experiment a little more with players he feel might be able to be in the squad for next year (Robinson, Petrasso, Washington, El Karate, Kepekawa, etc). Until then we have Hoilett, he's playing well and in JFHs mind, he might be hopeful of retaining him for next season.

Agree,JFH has been sound.
I'm starting to lean towards not renewing Hoillets contract. I've tried giving him the benefit of doubt but I think he carry's to much baggage of old QPR.
Next season , new young players sounds good to me.
Of course if they do somehow manage to reduce his wages to something more affordable and he carries on this form I wont have a problem with that either.
I do think Jr Hoillet feels more settled and is enjoying it here now which is reflected in his form,but maybe I'm just being naive.
In Jimmy we trust.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 2051 viewsdaveB

I can’t see him staying he’ll get more money elsewhere and he’s hardly been shown much love here, we’ve been trying to ship him out for the last two years.

I do think he is benefiting from having a run in the side, this is the first time he’s been told he’ll be playing every week and that seems to have helped him play with a bit more freedom not afraid to make mistakes. Under Hughes, Redknapp and Ramsey he was always in and out of the side and usually the first one taken off. I thought he’d do well last season but was never given a run in the side, he only made 9 starts last season and very rarely were they back to back games.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 10:29 - Mar 14 with 2024 viewsJonDoeman

No-one going to do a 'Karlos Henry.........New Contract?' thread ?

More chance of that happening .

It Is What It Is !!

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 12:19 - Mar 14 with 1853 viewsWestonsuperR

Does anyone really want to offer a new contract, Hoilett accept and then go back to being how he has for the vast majority of his contract, dreadful? If he's only playing for a new contract as it appears he is then that is exactly why he shouldn't get one. A few good performances at the end of a contract should not disguise what has been a really poor time with us.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 12:44 - Mar 14 with 1817 viewsWatfordR

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 12:19 - Mar 14 by WestonsuperR

Does anyone really want to offer a new contract, Hoilett accept and then go back to being how he has for the vast majority of his contract, dreadful? If he's only playing for a new contract as it appears he is then that is exactly why he shouldn't get one. A few good performances at the end of a contract should not disguise what has been a really poor time with us.

Actually can't see much of an issue here really.

There's a wage structure in place at the club, if the club wish to offer him a new contract, it will be within that structure. If Hoilett wants to stay and accept those terms, great, he becomes part of a squad that doesn't place any financial strain on the club, and he'll be entitled to the same fair treatment as the rest of that squad. If he doesn't accept, then it's adios amigo and we replace from within or without.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 13:00 - Mar 14 with 1796 viewsdaveB

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 12:19 - Mar 14 by WestonsuperR

I think he's only been dreadful as he rarely plays and when he does it's either for an hour or as a late sub. When given a run last the last 2 months and the start and end of the promotion season he usually does quite well.
Hoillet.........New Contract? on 13:45 - Mar 14 with 1757 viewsBluce_Ree

In the same way that King Green will never get the love because of a mistake he made for England forever ago, Hoilett will never be embraced because it's just too easy to call him Toilet.

EDIT - and because he's been mostly shit.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 13:45]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 13:50 - Mar 14 with 1753 views18StoneOfHoop

It doesn't matter a parson's fart if the majority of LFW posters are against it
from JFH's post match interview with Terry Cinzano I'd say it's
a very strong possibility that Junior will be offered a new contract:

listen from 1:45 to JFH on audio
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35733017

For me he's been mediocre / disappointing the last 4 years but he has some talent within.Henry Ford the legendary US car-maker said 'history is bunk' Jimmy's getting the best out of him now,only 25 years old
suddenly he looks like one of the best wingers in the second tier..sign him up!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 6:30]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 14:26 - Mar 14 with 1720 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 13:45 - Mar 14 by Bluce_Ree

In the same way that King Green will never get the love because of a mistake he made for England forever ago, Hoilett will never be embraced because it's just too easy to call him Toilet.

EDIT - and because he's been mostly shit.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 13:45]

Finally, you note how poor Green is. Took a while. What about Hoilett though?

Bare bones.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 15:06 - Mar 14 with 1698 viewsBluce_Ree

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 14:26 - Mar 14 by Antti_Heinola

Finally, you note how poor Green is. Took a while. What about Hoilett though?

I noted no such thing. I'm saying his royal Kingness never got the love because of a mistake he made for England before he was king.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 15:11 - Mar 14 with 1695 viewsLongsufferingR

Hoillet.........New Contract? on 10:29 - Mar 14 by JonDoeman

No-one going to do a 'Karlos Henry.........New Contract?' thread ?

More chance of that happening .

Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if we did offer Henry a new contract assuming we're in the Championship next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024