Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 126302 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:17 - Jun 10 with 1581 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 12:53 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I suspect you wouldn't think he was quite so entertaining if he was saying the same things about Jews as he is about Moslems Bluey.

Hence the word was used in quotes, Lisa.

Hilary is just plain incompetent and devious, a bad combination. The whole email saga speaks volumes - and of course there was nothing to see with regards to whitewater either...

The "entertainment" with Trump would be him making a complete mess of things and almost certainly failing to last a full term.

The fact it's between Clinton and Trump just shows how bad a state the USA is in. Sanders could I guess run as an independent but then you've got someone so nakedly desperate to be president he suddenly became a democrat only to quit and become independent again.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:35 - Jun 10 with 1563 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:17 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

Hence the word was used in quotes, Lisa.

Hilary is just plain incompetent and devious, a bad combination. The whole email saga speaks volumes - and of course there was nothing to see with regards to whitewater either...

The "entertainment" with Trump would be him making a complete mess of things and almost certainly failing to last a full term.

The fact it's between Clinton and Trump just shows how bad a state the USA is in. Sanders could I guess run as an independent but then you've got someone so nakedly desperate to be president he suddenly became a democrat only to quit and become independent again.

Trump is an opportunistic bully boy who will say anything to get elected.

The problem he has, is that he has spent his whole life as the richest person in the meeting - fairly easy to bully people into submission. He won't find it as easy if he tries to employ the same tactics if he becomes president.

I don't like Hilary Clinton but the whole email thing is a bit beyond me. Yes, it's quite phenomenally stupid, but given that many of the emails concerned were reclassified after the event and also that all reports suggest that both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice did exactly the same thing I am struggling to see why it is her that has acted so badly that she should be 'locked up' . Unless there's something I am missing, I suspect that the faux outrage from the right wing of America will continue to simmer while it damages her and will quietly be dropped afterwards.

Trump would be a disaster for the civilized world. I'd rather entertainment came from sources other than the person who controls American foreign policy.

Hilary should be sensible and ask Sandrers to be her VP in my view. He's not quite as nakedly desperate as the Republican nominee who was until recently a member of the Democratic Party.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 13:39]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:53 - Jun 10 with 1548 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:35 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

Trump is an opportunistic bully boy who will say anything to get elected.

The problem he has, is that he has spent his whole life as the richest person in the meeting - fairly easy to bully people into submission. He won't find it as easy if he tries to employ the same tactics if he becomes president.

I don't like Hilary Clinton but the whole email thing is a bit beyond me. Yes, it's quite phenomenally stupid, but given that many of the emails concerned were reclassified after the event and also that all reports suggest that both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice did exactly the same thing I am struggling to see why it is her that has acted so badly that she should be 'locked up' . Unless there's something I am missing, I suspect that the faux outrage from the right wing of America will continue to simmer while it damages her and will quietly be dropped afterwards.

Trump would be a disaster for the civilized world. I'd rather entertainment came from sources other than the person who controls American foreign policy.

Hilary should be sensible and ask Sandrers to be her VP in my view. He's not quite as nakedly desperate as the Republican nominee who was until recently a member of the Democratic Party.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 13:39]

Trump isn't as rich as he claims. A cynic would say that's the reason he hasn't released his tax returns. I suspect his perceived wealth is based upon debt more than anything else.

The email stuff was more than phenomenally stupid. Reclassification is a misnomer, standard treatment of emails in governmental / defence industry is that you should consider communications as classified unless informed otherwise... the server was located in the Clinton's house, New York and Denver at various times. Who had access? What security was in place? Even the contents of the emails weren't necessarily the issue, it's the fact valid credentials could have been obtained comprimising all accounts...

31k emails were deleted. At this time there's been no comment as to if those emails were ever recoverable.

Private email accounts CAN be used - which I fundamentally disagree with - but the rule is the agencies involved must retain the emails. That's what Powell and Rice did. Instead the emails were hosted on Hilary's private email server... so it's also the intent. She's ether pigsh*t ignorant or willfully ignored the rules. This complete control over the emails also had the effect of s***ting all over FOI requests....

If any federal worker had done the same then they would not only be fired but facing prosecution.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:12 - Jun 10 with 1542 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:53 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

Trump isn't as rich as he claims. A cynic would say that's the reason he hasn't released his tax returns. I suspect his perceived wealth is based upon debt more than anything else.

The email stuff was more than phenomenally stupid. Reclassification is a misnomer, standard treatment of emails in governmental / defence industry is that you should consider communications as classified unless informed otherwise... the server was located in the Clinton's house, New York and Denver at various times. Who had access? What security was in place? Even the contents of the emails weren't necessarily the issue, it's the fact valid credentials could have been obtained comprimising all accounts...

31k emails were deleted. At this time there's been no comment as to if those emails were ever recoverable.

Private email accounts CAN be used - which I fundamentally disagree with - but the rule is the agencies involved must retain the emails. That's what Powell and Rice did. Instead the emails were hosted on Hilary's private email server... so it's also the intent. She's ether pigsh*t ignorant or willfully ignored the rules. This complete control over the emails also had the effect of s***ting all over FOI requests....

If any federal worker had done the same then they would not only be fired but facing prosecution.

If the reclassification isn't important and they were all classified, why then make such a point about reclassifying them afterwards?

They are either all classified or not. If they are, then no need to retrospectively do so and if they're not then they're not. Colin Powell has also said when challenged about emails using his private address that they were not classified, so he said the same thing as she has.

Of the 50,000 pages of emails reviewed, less than 100 were classified and even some of those if not all of them it seems were only classified after the event?

Also, the point re security is obviously completely valid, but again, it's being spun as though it was a PC she'd bought in Radio Shack. It was the Clinton server, as I understand it, the system had been secured ? And I don't understand why, if the FBI etc were so bothered by it, they didn't so something a long time ago? As I said, it's phenomenally stupid, possibly even wilfully stupid, but I can't help think it's being blown up for political reasons.

As you point out, Powell (and Condoleezza Rice) used private email accounts but didn't have a private server. Well what server were these private emails addresses held at? They'd have to be held somewhere, and the security over the Clinton server was not necessarily worse than the security over any private email server? The State Department as I understand it, makes no distinction as they were all using unclassified servers.

It does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt. I'm not saying for a second she did anything wrong - she's said so herself, but this whole 'she may go to prison' stuff that Trump comes out with is utter rubbish.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:28 - Jun 10 with 1536 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:12 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

If the reclassification isn't important and they were all classified, why then make such a point about reclassifying them afterwards?

They are either all classified or not. If they are, then no need to retrospectively do so and if they're not then they're not. Colin Powell has also said when challenged about emails using his private address that they were not classified, so he said the same thing as she has.

Of the 50,000 pages of emails reviewed, less than 100 were classified and even some of those if not all of them it seems were only classified after the event?

Also, the point re security is obviously completely valid, but again, it's being spun as though it was a PC she'd bought in Radio Shack. It was the Clinton server, as I understand it, the system had been secured ? And I don't understand why, if the FBI etc were so bothered by it, they didn't so something a long time ago? As I said, it's phenomenally stupid, possibly even wilfully stupid, but I can't help think it's being blown up for political reasons.

As you point out, Powell (and Condoleezza Rice) used private email accounts but didn't have a private server. Well what server were these private emails addresses held at? They'd have to be held somewhere, and the security over the Clinton server was not necessarily worse than the security over any private email server? The State Department as I understand it, makes no distinction as they were all using unclassified servers.

It does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt. I'm not saying for a second she did anything wrong - she's said so herself, but this whole 'she may go to prison' stuff that Trump comes out with is utter rubbish.

Reclassifications change all the time. Situations change, something not classified before can become classified as things change, ie international relations. change.

As for the rest, the fact remains that anybody using a private email server under their control would be fired and prosecuted. Using private emails is acceptable but the emails have to be transferred to agency email servers to retain them. Clinton's actions have meant emails were deleted, seemingly can't be recovered which has serious implications with regards to FOI requests.

If somebody is that lax, willing to play hard and fast with the rules - which to be honest are pretty common bloody sense, who on earth would trust her? it's incredibly dumb judgement at best, criminal at worst.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:56 - Jun 10 with 1508 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:28 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

Reclassifications change all the time. Situations change, something not classified before can become classified as things change, ie international relations. change.

As for the rest, the fact remains that anybody using a private email server under their control would be fired and prosecuted. Using private emails is acceptable but the emails have to be transferred to agency email servers to retain them. Clinton's actions have meant emails were deleted, seemingly can't be recovered which has serious implications with regards to FOI requests.

If somebody is that lax, willing to play hard and fast with the rules - which to be honest are pretty common bloody sense, who on earth would trust her? it's incredibly dumb judgement at best, criminal at worst.

I don't understand why you say someone using a private server would be prosecuted?

They've already said that doing so was Ok as long as it was configured In certain way? The issue is that they are not certain it was?

Plus the FBi have said that they have recovered the emails that were deleted?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:09 - Jun 10 with 1497 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:56 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I don't understand why you say someone using a private server would be prosecuted?

They've already said that doing so was Ok as long as it was configured In certain way? The issue is that they are not certain it was?

Plus the FBi have said that they have recovered the emails that were deleted?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

Granted it's wikipedia, but some of that is quite frightening. Looking at that, no way in hell was it configured correctly for a period of time it was on use.

If it's true Clinton used two devices whilst claiming using a personal server was convenient because she then only needed to use one device... that's pretty damning.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/hillary-clinton-emails-analysis-p

Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:28 - Jun 10 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:09 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_email_controversy

Granted it's wikipedia, but some of that is quite frightening. Looking at that, no way in hell was it configured correctly for a period of time it was on use.

If it's true Clinton used two devices whilst claiming using a personal server was convenient because she then only needed to use one device... that's pretty damning.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/10/hillary-clinton-emails-analysis-p

The point I made was that I can't see what she's done that will warrant her being 'locked up' in the manner Trump says.

That Guardian report says the same thing only more strongly.

As I said, I don't like her, but I'm struggling to understand why this is quite the issue it has been reported as being. Reading that, it seems it isn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:33 - Jun 10 with 1485 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:28 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

The point I made was that I can't see what she's done that will warrant her being 'locked up' in the manner Trump says.

That Guardian report says the same thing only more strongly.

As I said, I don't like her, but I'm struggling to understand why this is quite the issue it has been reported as being. Reading that, it seems it isn't.

You mean Trump uses hyperbole?

Will she be locked up? Probably not. Clintons are like teflon it seems. Would anybody else doing the same be banged up? Probably. At minimum they would lose their jobs over it.

I just thank god I'm not American. Can't see anyone worth voting for. The only way it would get worse is if Kanye stands as independent...

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:03 - Jun 10 with 1472 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wonder if you were talking about a "Man" doing the things Clinton has been accused of Lisa would be so tolerant.
The whole family has been surrounded by scandal for years.
Using seperate Servers to deliberately avoid FOI requests is illegal and I don't think it just applies to the "Clinton's own server", it became standard practice within the Obama Government
It is a rife practice within the EPA and NOAA and they are still refusing to hand over all their data.
Taking cash for favours is supposed to be illegal too, but that has never stopped her.
So there are other things apart from "security issues" involved.
As Bluey has said they have been Teflon coated up until now.
But you can guarantee that when she attacks Trump he will respond with any ammunition he can get his hands on and there is plenty off it.
As we know in US elections it does not have to be true to have serious affects on voting.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:31 - Jun 10 with 1460 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:03 - Jun 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I wonder if you were talking about a "Man" doing the things Clinton has been accused of Lisa would be so tolerant.
The whole family has been surrounded by scandal for years.
Using seperate Servers to deliberately avoid FOI requests is illegal and I don't think it just applies to the "Clinton's own server", it became standard practice within the Obama Government
It is a rife practice within the EPA and NOAA and they are still refusing to hand over all their data.
Taking cash for favours is supposed to be illegal too, but that has never stopped her.
So there are other things apart from "security issues" involved.
As Bluey has said they have been Teflon coated up until now.
But you can guarantee that when she attacks Trump he will respond with any ammunition he can get his hands on and there is plenty off it.
As we know in US elections it does not have to be true to have serious affects on voting.

I've already said I don't like her.

And I'm equally as tolerant of Colin Powell who has done the same thing, is male, and a Republican.

I have no idea whether she was trying to avoid FOI requests - I do know that the FBi have recovered all emails (according to them).

Nothing to do with being a woman - I don't understand why when democrats do the the same as republicans they start talking about it being so wrong. You made the point before (I think it was you, apologies if not) about Obamas use of Air Force One which I said at the time I knew nothing about. After you mentioned it, I looked it up, and it seems to be the case that Bush actually made more use of it on both official trips and for his own use - so why is it only an issue now?

You're correct that the family have been surrounded by scandal - so have the Bush family with their links to oil, Bin Laden's family, Halliburton and so on. The whole of American politics seems the same from the outside - it's a function of only effectively allowing very rich people to run for office (allowing is the wrong word - but you know what I mean).

I'm sure Trump will attack her, albeit that she been a family friend of his for years and years. I assume she will do the same over the accusations of him and women.

Being anti sexism is not the same as being an advocate of positive discrimination. I hate discrimination in all its guises and see as little virtue in supporting a woman because she's a woman as I do in holding her to a higher standard than would normally be expected.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 16:32]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:35 - Jun 10 with 1455 viewsphact0rri

Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:33 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

You mean Trump uses hyperbole?

Will she be locked up? Probably not. Clintons are like teflon it seems. Would anybody else doing the same be banged up? Probably. At minimum they would lose their jobs over it.

I just thank god I'm not American. Can't see anyone worth voting for. The only way it would get worse is if Kanye stands as independent...

What is more annoying is hearing people's reasoning for voting for these two, obviously self serving neo conservatives... Trump - "he says how he feels" and Clinton- "She's a woman". These are not reasons to vote for your new leader. Especially when both of them have proven to not be good leaders.

*smh* It really does make me fear for the future. As all these bad things going on in the US are only seemingly getting worse.

"Its better the devil you know" or "the lesser Evil" as turned into "Pick your poison" if you hear the pundits saying, how going third party is watering down the votes.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:37 - Jun 10 with 1451 viewsblueytheblue

Colin Powell did not do the same thing, Lisa.

A personal email address is a very different thing from a personal email server.

Personal email addresses are allowed as long as the emails are also given to the agency that person is acting on behalf of.

I get what your point is - different treatment of people based upon gender - but that's not the case here. The problem is even the media are conflating the two based upon utter ignorance.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:39 - Jun 10 with 1448 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:35 - Jun 10 by phact0rri

What is more annoying is hearing people's reasoning for voting for these two, obviously self serving neo conservatives... Trump - "he says how he feels" and Clinton- "She's a woman". These are not reasons to vote for your new leader. Especially when both of them have proven to not be good leaders.

*smh* It really does make me fear for the future. As all these bad things going on in the US are only seemingly getting worse.

"Its better the devil you know" or "the lesser Evil" as turned into "Pick your poison" if you hear the pundits saying, how going third party is watering down the votes.

Neither have good reasons for being voted for other than "the other is a piece of c***".

I'd say an independent would have a good chance.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:42 - Jun 10 with 1446 viewsA_Fans_Dad

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 10 by KGriz16

As a young man with a young family, I am genuinely confused about which way to vote. I'm a little fed up with being scaremongered about immigration all the time. I see it as an issue, but i think it's being used to scare the right leaning minds of young Britain who are so petrafied of immigrants all being muslims with radical ideas it's insane. My friend turned to me the other day and said about the Turks coming over if we remain. Does anyone know a website i can use to find a list both for and against the EU?

I'm watching the debates and QT and I even have an A level in Politics, but I am only hearing about immigration and it's quite annoying really.

My initial thoughts were to remain as I believe leaving will make things such as imported foods, holidays etc more expensive to me and as I have a young family (both me and my fiance are PT studying degree, working full time with a child and one on the way.) I don't want life to become more expensive for us than it already is. I'm not sure how much this Brexit will affect me or my families future in the long and short run so I would be very grateful if someone could supply me with such a website that I could make an informed decision for me and my family..

cheers
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 11:52]

Why do you not have any reservations about how remaining will affect you and your family and I am not just talking immigration even though it is a very important subject.
The powers that the EU is granting itself is taking it beyond the control of any nation, if you do not believe me look up the ERM, I know it only applies to the Eurozone at the moment but they can literally do anything they want.
Nobody can tell you what WILL happen if the UK were to leave the EU, they can only make educated (or not) guesses.
It will take 2 years to leave under our current leaving arrangement.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:45 - Jun 10 with 1441 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:37 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

Colin Powell did not do the same thing, Lisa.

A personal email address is a very different thing from a personal email server.

Personal email addresses are allowed as long as the emails are also given to the agency that person is acting on behalf of.

I get what your point is - different treatment of people based upon gender - but that's not the case here. The problem is even the media are conflating the two based upon utter ignorance.

I'm actually not saying it's because of gender. I'm saying it's because one is a republican and one a democrat and the republicans tend to get in a state when it suits them.

Re the server issue - as I said earlier, it was apparently within the rules. The issue is therefore re the personal email address for classified material. Both her and Powell have said exactly the same thing in their defence.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:01 - Jun 10 with 1426 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 16:45 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I'm actually not saying it's because of gender. I'm saying it's because one is a republican and one a democrat and the republicans tend to get in a state when it suits them.

Re the server issue - as I said earlier, it was apparently within the rules. The issue is therefore re the personal email address for classified material. Both her and Powell have said exactly the same thing in their defence.

The issue was use of a private server, not a personal email address. Private servers could be used in incredibly rare circumstances ( ie nuclear attack) with permission.

It's legal if the material was not confidential. The problem is, things do get wrongly tagged as unclassified. At the point of realising something is wrongly classified, the onus is on then getting the classification corrected at that point - which seemingly did not happen.

Equally, there has been zero evidence Clinton ever sought approval for this arrangement - not a personal email, but using a private personal server. That fails any semblance of common sense whatsoever, at best indicating Clinton believes herself to be above any guidelines.

The report by the Inspector General of the Department of State found Clinton and her aides both failed to cooperate in the investigation. The report also found that policies were not followed by Clinton with regards to the Federal Records Act.

Clinton's defence was "well others were doing it" whilst conveniently failing to accept that what she did went far, far beyond what others had done.

Clinton like her husband fails to accept any real blame. It's all down to others out to get her family like they did with Whitewater et al....

What happened and what Clinton has claimed afterwards simply fail the duck test, are people meant to believe Hilary just felt it was ok to do this, didn't consult anyone, didn't ask permission, didn't feel issues could be caused by doing it? She have to be pretty dumb to believe no issues could arise from it - or arrogant enough to not care.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:09 - Jun 10 with 1420 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:01 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

The issue was use of a private server, not a personal email address. Private servers could be used in incredibly rare circumstances ( ie nuclear attack) with permission.

It's legal if the material was not confidential. The problem is, things do get wrongly tagged as unclassified. At the point of realising something is wrongly classified, the onus is on then getting the classification corrected at that point - which seemingly did not happen.

Equally, there has been zero evidence Clinton ever sought approval for this arrangement - not a personal email, but using a private personal server. That fails any semblance of common sense whatsoever, at best indicating Clinton believes herself to be above any guidelines.

The report by the Inspector General of the Department of State found Clinton and her aides both failed to cooperate in the investigation. The report also found that policies were not followed by Clinton with regards to the Federal Records Act.

Clinton's defence was "well others were doing it" whilst conveniently failing to accept that what she did went far, far beyond what others had done.

Clinton like her husband fails to accept any real blame. It's all down to others out to get her family like they did with Whitewater et al....

What happened and what Clinton has claimed afterwards simply fail the duck test, are people meant to believe Hilary just felt it was ok to do this, didn't consult anyone, didn't ask permission, didn't feel issues could be caused by doing it? She have to be pretty dumb to believe no issues could arise from it - or arrogant enough to not care.

Again, bluey, you'll recall that I haven't said she's done nothing wrong. She herself has said she did. I asked whether it was actually the case that she is likely to go or even could go to prison as Trump and others have intimated she might. It seems not.

On the wider issue of whether she is or isn't a fairly nasty piece of work - I think she is, and it's why I started with saying I don't like her. But nastier than Trump, or the various Bush family members? Doubt it.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:58 - Jun 10 with 1389 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:09 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

Again, bluey, you'll recall that I haven't said she's done nothing wrong. She herself has said she did. I asked whether it was actually the case that she is likely to go or even could go to prison as Trump and others have intimated she might. It seems not.

On the wider issue of whether she is or isn't a fairly nasty piece of work - I think she is, and it's why I started with saying I don't like her. But nastier than Trump, or the various Bush family members? Doubt it.

There is absolutely no doubt that Clinton is the best option out of the two nominees. American politics is an extremely tough profession where very few make it to this level without doing things they probably wouldn't tell their grandchildren about.

Clinton's faults are completely insignificant when compared with the prospect of a coal-digging, climate change-denying 4 or 8 years Donald Trump. Coupled with this, he will attempt to replace Justice Antonin Scalia with another super-conservative Supreme Court justice. Thus, Trump will ensure that the dreadful Citizens United ruling (if you aren't familiar with it, I recommend looking it up to see how damaging it has been) will remain for another generation, subsequently preventing any candidates who try and remove themselves from big donations around election time from being elected.

American's shouldn't fall for the idea that there is no difference between Trump or Clinton, there are massive differences.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 18:00]
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:00 - Jun 10 with 1376 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:09 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

Yes, she could go to prison over it. Reality is, probably won't - but a normal pleb worker doing the same would.

Trump's definitely an overtly nasty character. Clinton I believe to be pretty nasty behind the veneer.

Where's Raymond Reddington when you need him?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:10 - Jun 10 with 1368 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 11:40 - Jun 10 by Kerouac

Really?

The website was down for the last 1 hour and 45 minutes only. (214,000 people applied to register in this time)
It was then opened, unconstitutionally, for 2 whole days and 437,000 people registered to vote.

This is clearly bending the rules and is unprecedented.
The BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36496047

The 'Remain' campaign have long claimed that the more people who register to vote the more likely they are to win.
Coincidence?

At the end of the day those trying to register last minute and those who were not even interested in registering....until they heard about the site crashing and the deadline being extended....are not the most switched on politically literate people.
This is why it suits the 'remain' campaign that they were allowed to come in under the radar.
A lot of them are easily manipulated, politically ignorant, young people.
Check out the 'remain' campaign's attempts to woo these voters;
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/24/ravin-chattin-roamin-eu-remain-c

In short; Do you like drinking? Partying? Cheap Holidays and screwing? Do you like mobile phones and dislike being ripped off?
#Vote'In'

This whole extension to the deadline thing stinks IMO.

If the 214,000 could be identified (do they just know the numbers or do they have more info ?) then it could be argued that it should be just them. If they attempted to register before the deadline they shouldn't be prevented from voting because the system let them down.

LLJ makes the point in the next post after yours that we should want as many people as possible to vote. But deadlines are there for a reason.

I wonder what will happen in the amazing scenario that Remain wins by a number between 1 and 223,000.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:12 - Jun 10 with 1366 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:00 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

Yes, she could go to prison over it. Reality is, probably won't - but a normal pleb worker doing the same would.

Trump's definitely an overtly nasty character. Clinton I believe to be pretty nasty behind the veneer.

Where's Raymond Reddington when you need him?

Ha - indeed, and I did watch it by the way :-)

Mr Kaplan is who they actually need of course ...
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:12 - Jun 10 with 1366 viewsslate_dk

It is my understanding that after Colin Powell the rules for email usage was strengthen and clarified; which is why they did not bring the hammer down on Powell.
Hillary on the other hand; the rules were in place, she broke them; and have tried to cover up ever since.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:14 - Jun 10 with 1361 viewsjohnlangy

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:50 - Jun 10 by KGriz16

As a young man with a young family, I am genuinely confused about which way to vote. I'm a little fed up with being scaremongered about immigration all the time. I see it as an issue, but i think it's being used to scare the right leaning minds of young Britain who are so petrafied of immigrants all being muslims with radical ideas it's insane. My friend turned to me the other day and said about the Turks coming over if we remain. Does anyone know a website i can use to find a list both for and against the EU?

I'm watching the debates and QT and I even have an A level in Politics, but I am only hearing about immigration and it's quite annoying really.

My initial thoughts were to remain as I believe leaving will make things such as imported foods, holidays etc more expensive to me and as I have a young family (both me and my fiance are PT studying degree, working full time with a child and one on the way.) I don't want life to become more expensive for us than it already is. I'm not sure how much this Brexit will affect me or my families future in the long and short run so I would be very grateful if someone could supply me with such a website that I could make an informed decision for me and my family..

cheers
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 11:52]

They are definitely scaremongering about the Turks. Turkey will not be eligible to apply for membership for decades, if they ever are eligible.

Tell your friend he's wrong. Unless he's talking about the year 2080 or whatever.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:15 - Jun 10 with 1358 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:12 - Jun 10 by slate_dk

It is my understanding that after Colin Powell the rules for email usage was strengthen and clarified; which is why they did not bring the hammer down on Powell.
Hillary on the other hand; the rules were in place, she broke them; and have tried to cover up ever since.

The difference was still he used a private email address - which today is ok. Any emails from duties have to be recorded with the appropriate agency.

Clinton used a private email server. Completely different kettle of fish.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024