Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 126304 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 10 with 1950 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:14 - Jun 10 by johnlangy

They are definitely scaremongering about the Turks. Turkey will not be eligible to apply for membership for decades, if they ever are eligible.

Tell your friend he's wrong. Unless he's talking about the year 2080 or whatever.

if we are still a member we have the right to veto Turkey's entry anyway.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:27 - Jun 10 with 1943 viewsjohnlangy

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

You're right. Even if they satisfied all the criteria. Which, as I say, won't be for ages.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 10 with 1924 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Except the UK has been actively helping Turkey gain admission.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/678467/EU-referendum-George-Osborne-highl

Do you think that the Express has mocked up or falsified the Anakara documents?

Or how about from the mouth of Cameron himself.
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pms-speech-in-turkey

They lie through their teeth evrytime they open their mouths, you just can't beleive a word they say.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:51 - Jun 10 with 1920 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:58 - Jun 10 by nice_to_michu

There is absolutely no doubt that Clinton is the best option out of the two nominees. American politics is an extremely tough profession where very few make it to this level without doing things they probably wouldn't tell their grandchildren about.

Clinton's faults are completely insignificant when compared with the prospect of a coal-digging, climate change-denying 4 or 8 years Donald Trump. Coupled with this, he will attempt to replace Justice Antonin Scalia with another super-conservative Supreme Court justice. Thus, Trump will ensure that the dreadful Citizens United ruling (if you aren't familiar with it, I recommend looking it up to see how damaging it has been) will remain for another generation, subsequently preventing any candidates who try and remove themselves from big donations around election time from being elected.

American's shouldn't fall for the idea that there is no difference between Trump or Clinton, there are massive differences.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 18:00]

I might of guessed anyone who is as pro EU as you would also be pro Climate Change.
I bet you think Wind Turbine Farms are wonderful too.
It says it all, gullible to the extreme.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:53 - Jun 10 with 1919 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Except the UK has been actively helping Turkey gain admission.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/678467/EU-referendum-George-Osborne-highl

Do you think that the Express has mocked up or falsified the Anakara documents?

Or how about from the mouth of Cameron himself.
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pms-speech-in-turkey

They lie through their teeth evrytime they open their mouths, you just can't beleive a word they say.

I simply said that the UK has the right to veto when the decision comes bout. As does every other member state. That is a statement of fact.

It's not based on anything that anyone has said nor is it a statement saying whether or not we will. Quite why that leads to 'Do you think the Express are lying' I don't know. Wind your neck in a bit.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:02 - Jun 10 with 1913 viewsFlashberryjack

We may have the right to veto Turkeys entry into the EU but would you trust Cameron to use that veto should the need arise ? I suspect there are some very underhanded deals agreed in the corridors of power at the EU.
And if it suited France and Germany for Turkey to join, Cameron wouldn't have the balls to stand up to them IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:08 - Jun 10 with 1906 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:02 - Jun 10 by Flashberryjack

We may have the right to veto Turkeys entry into the EU but would you trust Cameron to use that veto should the need arise ? I suspect there are some very underhanded deals agreed in the corridors of power at the EU.
And if it suited France and Germany for Turkey to join, Cameron wouldn't have the balls to stand up to them IMO.

I don't think it'll come about while Cameron is the PM.

If and when it does come about then it depends on the political situation here and more generally. If it was similar to the situation at the moment, then I think there would be an enormous amount of public pressure for the UK to veto the prospect of free movement of 70m plus Moslems.

I wouldn't like to see Turkey join at the moment and would want our government to veto, and if people like me are against it then I can only imagine the strength of the general consensus.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:11 - Jun 10 with 1902 viewsexiledclaseboy

Turkey is decades away from being eligible for EU membership. Unlikely to happen in many of our lifetimes, if at all.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:12 - Jun 10 with 1896 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fair play, the vote on here is now decisive in favour of Brexit. The planet swans remain campaign needs to up its game quickly.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:20 - Jun 10 with 1875 viewsFlashberryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:08 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I don't think it'll come about while Cameron is the PM.

If and when it does come about then it depends on the political situation here and more generally. If it was similar to the situation at the moment, then I think there would be an enormous amount of public pressure for the UK to veto the prospect of free movement of 70m plus Moslems.

I wouldn't like to see Turkey join at the moment and would want our government to veto, and if people like me are against it then I can only imagine the strength of the general consensus.

I don't think it'll come to that either (hopefully we won't be a member after the vote anyway)

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:28 - Jun 10 with 1908 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:12 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

Fair play, the vote on here is now decisive in favour of Brexit. The planet swans remain campaign needs to up its game quickly.

The question is, which one of you Remainers is Eddie Izzard?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:29 - Jun 10 with 1907 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:28 - Jun 10 by blueytheblue

The question is, which one of you Remainers is Eddie Izzard?

I haven't worn a pink beret for years.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:32 - Jun 10 with 1852 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:29 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

I haven't worn a pink beret for years.

I thought it was raspberry. Must be my screen.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:49 - Jun 10 with 1836 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain With or Leave the EU on 20:32 - Jun 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I thought it was raspberry. Must be my screen.

I saw him two weeks or so ago - it was fuschia in the flesh.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:12 - Jun 10 with 1813 viewswestwiltsjack

Do we think the English gentlemen currently disturbing the peace in Marseille are voting to Remain or are they for Brexit?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:16 - Jun 10 with 1803 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:12 - Jun 10 by westwiltsjack

Do we think the English gentlemen currently disturbing the peace in Marseille are voting to Remain or are they for Brexit?

I suspect the rest of Europe would dearly love those particular gentlemen to brexit asap.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:40 - Jun 10 with 1782 viewslonglostjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:12 - Jun 10 by westwiltsjack

I was thinking about that earlier. Their bound to be for Brexit and will be pissed up in France on voting day.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:36 - Jun 10 with 1750 viewswestwiltsjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:40 - Jun 10 by longlostjack

I was thinking about that earlier. Their bound to be for Brexit and will be pissed up in France on voting day.

They've obviously submitted postal votes.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:44 - Jun 10 with 1745 viewslonglostjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:36 - Jun 10 by westwiltsjack

They've obviously submitted postal votes.

Clogged up the postboxes of Essex before they left the White Cliffs behind probably.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:24 - Jun 10 with 1713 viewssherpajacob

There are people that believe if we leave, we would use the money saved on the NHS.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:36 - Jun 10 with 1704 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:51 - Jun 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I might of guessed anyone who is as pro EU as you would also be pro Climate Change.
I bet you think Wind Turbine Farms are wonderful too.
It says it all, gullible to the extreme.

You're really not covering yourself in glory in this thread are you.

Climate change is real, get over it. The debate is no longer about whether it is real or not, it's about what policies are we going to enact to curb it.

The sooner the older generation get their head around that, the better.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:46 - Jun 10 with 1699 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:36 - Jun 10 by nice_to_michu

Climate change is real, get over it. The debate is no longer about whether it is real or not, it's about what policies are we going to enact to curb it.

Well it's pretty clear the climate will change over time. That's obvious. It's also why the term is now used rather than global warming...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:50 - Jun 10 with 1693 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:36 - Jun 10 by nice_to_michu

I bet you believe "un-saturated" fat is better for you than "saturated" fats, that salt is bad for you, Stomach Ulcers are not caused by Helicobactor Pilori, MMM injections cause Autism and tectonic plates don't exist.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 00:02 - Jun 11 with 1687 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:50 - Jun 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I bet you believe "un-saturated" fat is better for you than "saturated" fats, that salt is bad for you, Stomach Ulcers are not caused by Helicobactor Pilori, MMM injections cause Autism and tectonic plates don't exist.

You make lots of really poor assumptions. I don't know anything about this stomach ulcer stuff, I don't think injections cause autism and I know that plate tectonics exist. As for the fat thing, I don't really have an opinion.

I'm happy to let the experts battle it out and move towards a consensus, as should most of us. I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist or a wacko hippie. It isn't wacko to acknowledge that our climate is being changed by human activity, it's widely accepted by the vast, vast majority of experts in that field. To think you know better is absurd, in my opinion.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 00:11 - Jun 11 with 1680 viewspikeypaul

Leave making big head ways if the polls can be believed

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024