Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack OC 16:49 - Jul 7 with 10375 viewssandy_dale

Will be seeing him at Spotland next season... In a Sheffield United shirt.
Jack OC on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 7272 viewsD_Dale

But not for certain?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-jack-o
Jack OC on 23:41 - Jul 7 with 7231 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Jack OC on 23:17 - Jul 7 by D_Dale

But not for certain?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-jack-o

It's good to see Alan Knill looking as happy as he was a gigg........miserable git.
Jack OC on 12:55 - Jul 8 with 6814 viewsThacks_Rabbits

My claim to shame. 25 years ago we played bury at Radcliffe pre season. Lost 1 0 to a knill header. At end of game he was at our end and I shouted great goal that Alan. He said thanks mate. I replied shame your and ugly ginger c***. Plenty of laughs but was not a nice thing to do. Feel better now I have admitted it. Sorry Alan 🤗

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Jack OC on 13:25 - Jul 8 with 6732 viewsBlade19

Jack OC on 12:55 - Jul 8 by Thacks_Rabbits

My claim to shame. 25 years ago we played bury at Radcliffe pre season. Lost 1 0 to a knill header. At end of game he was at our end and I shouted great goal that Alan. He said thanks mate. I replied shame your and ugly ginger c***. Plenty of laughs but was not a nice thing to do. Feel better now I have admitted it. Sorry Alan 🤗

Hello lads, Blades fan in peace here. Is he any good ? Brentford fans seem to think not.
Jack OC on 13:38 - Jul 8 with 6698 viewsSuddenLad

Jack OC on 13:25 - Jul 8 by Blade19

Hello lads, Blades fan in peace here. Is he any good ? Brentford fans seem to think not.

Top lad, terrific acquisition if you land him. Would have him back here in a flash, he was a fantastic servant to us and I've no idea why Brentford would want to offload him.

Their loss.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jack OC on 13:42 - Jul 8 with 6680 viewsToffeemanc

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Brentford fans, they seem to have big ideas about themselves these days.
In my honest opinion he is too good for you and should rightly be playing in the championship not dropping back to League one. He is a very solid and confident left sided central defender who gives his all and reads the game well and is good in the air. When Brentford recalled him early a few weeks before the end of the 14-15 season we were still in with a shout of the play-offs and a few on here along with our manager seemed to see him leaving as a major factor in us not achieving a play-off spot that season.
Pretty safe bet to say if you do manage to sign him it'll be an improvement on what you had last season for sure and may even help in finally getting you out of the division. He'll be guaranteed to get a good reception at Spotland that's for sure.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Jack OC on 14:59 - Jul 8 with 6575 viewsmacro

Quality player whose never had a chance at Brentford.
Jack OC on 15:18 - Jul 8 with 6548 viewsWhiteyBFC

I would have had him at Oakwell as cover for Mawson and Roberts. Always impressed by him when I've seen him. No idea what's happened at Brentford, but then, they sold us Mawson for around £200,000 who is now worth a fortune so I'm not sure they're great at spotting talented young centre halves.

Massive shame he's now at dem blades as I have to hope he crashes and burns. But they've made a few canny additions so far and surely this season is their season? Although I'd put money on Oxford and Charlton for automatic were I a betting man.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack OC on 16:41 - Jul 8 with 6437 viewsmacro

Jack OC on 15:18 - Jul 8 by WhiteyBFC

I would have had him at Oakwell as cover for Mawson and Roberts. Always impressed by him when I've seen him. No idea what's happened at Brentford, but then, they sold us Mawson for around £200,000 who is now worth a fortune so I'm not sure they're great at spotting talented young centre halves.

Massive shame he's now at dem blades as I have to hope he crashes and burns. But they've made a few canny additions so far and surely this season is their season? Although I'd put money on Oxford and Charlton for automatic were I a betting man.

Oxford have lost a couple and Charlton are a mess despite Slade steadying the ship slightly.
Jack OC on 22:39 - Jul 8 with 6132 viewsdingdangblue

Jack OC on 14:59 - Jul 8 by macro

Quality player whose never had a chance at Brentford.

If Hogan carries on his end of season form from April/May Brentford wont need defenders!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jack OC on 22:43 - Jul 8 with 6127 viewsWhiteyBFC

Jack OC on 16:41 - Jul 8 by macro

Oxford have lost a couple and Charlton are a mess despite Slade steadying the ship slightly.

Oxford have added some good players to an already decent squad. Roofe will be a miss obviously but the lad Crowley who we had on loan, he's special. For us he was here at the wrong time. But clearly gifted. I fancy them to do well. Charlton will be up there. Dem blades too by the looks of their best XI.

Can see a season of struggle for Dale I'm afraid, first time I've ever said that.
Jack OC on 23:42 - Jul 8 with 6083 viewsD_Dale

Jack OC on 22:43 - Jul 8 by WhiteyBFC

Oxford have added some good players to an already decent squad. Roofe will be a miss obviously but the lad Crowley who we had on loan, he's special. For us he was here at the wrong time. But clearly gifted. I fancy them to do well. Charlton will be up there. Dem blades too by the looks of their best XI.

Can see a season of struggle for Dale I'm afraid, first time I've ever said that.

You might not be wrong about Dale having a hard time, given that the squad seems to have no players who can be relied on to score regularly.

But there looks to be enough mediocrity in L1 for a respectable final league position. Oldham's lack of players at this late stage has been mentioned on another thread. bury's off-field problems might impact on how the team performs (they might even be deducted points again). Port Vale's unusual choice of manager and his signings have also been referred to as not up to the job. And I doubt Page will be as successful at Northampton as Wilder was.

Chesterfield have lost their better players, and gambled on Ched Evans. Southend, Scunny and Shrewsbury might do better than last season, but it's not obvious why they should. Likewise, I don't see why fans of Fleetwood and Wimbledon should have high expectations.

But L1 wasn't an easy division last season - even one of the promoted sides had a run of seven - was it? - consecutive league defeats. As for the Championship, apart from Burton and Rotherham it isn't obvious which sides supporters of the Tykes might reasonably regard as inferior teams.
Jack OC on 00:21 - Jul 9 with 6044 viewsdingdangblue

Prediction: Dale will finish higher in league 1 than Barnsley in the Championship.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jack OC on 02:58 - Jul 9 with 5980 viewsYadHoDale

Don't think Dale will struggle; we don't do bottom half under Hilly.

Blades and Millwall will be there or thereabouts; I fancy Gills, Posh and MK to be up there also. Maybe Bolton, but Parkinson normally takes a while to turn things round.

Dale are in the next group - playoff outsiders alongside Scunny, Oxford and Bristol Rovers. And Fleetwood if they replace Elvis with a competent manager.

At the bottom end, Oldham look fooked. Portugal Vale are more likely than not to go tits up. Shrewsbury have made their signings early, shame they're all mediocre at best, Swindon may struggle to live without the loan system, Sarfend have lost one of their two good players (Payne,, and the other (Barratt) is getting on for 50), Chesterfield are mediocrity personified, Bury's synergy is running out faster than their credit rating and AFC Norbiton are a set of bearded hipsters who belong in non league. And one of the playoff losers always has a mare the following season; 2016-17 will be Walsall's turn.

Barnsley? Dunno, I think Johnson's a good manager. Fancy them to be midtable. Preston are nowhere near as good as they think they are, and I fancy a mutual Anglian implosion from Norwich and Ipswich.
Jack OC on 07:59 - Jul 9 with 5903 viewsTVOS1907

Jack OC on 02:58 - Jul 9 by YadHoDale

Don't think Dale will struggle; we don't do bottom half under Hilly.

Blades and Millwall will be there or thereabouts; I fancy Gills, Posh and MK to be up there also. Maybe Bolton, but Parkinson normally takes a while to turn things round.

Dale are in the next group - playoff outsiders alongside Scunny, Oxford and Bristol Rovers. And Fleetwood if they replace Elvis with a competent manager.

At the bottom end, Oldham look fooked. Portugal Vale are more likely than not to go tits up. Shrewsbury have made their signings early, shame they're all mediocre at best, Swindon may struggle to live without the loan system, Sarfend have lost one of their two good players (Payne,, and the other (Barratt) is getting on for 50), Chesterfield are mediocrity personified, Bury's synergy is running out faster than their credit rating and AFC Norbiton are a set of bearded hipsters who belong in non league. And one of the playoff losers always has a mare the following season; 2016-17 will be Walsall's turn.

Barnsley? Dunno, I think Johnson's a good manager. Fancy them to be midtable. Preston are nowhere near as good as they think they are, and I fancy a mutual Anglian implosion from Norwich and Ipswich.

Johnson left Barnsley for Bristol City in January.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jack OC on 09:24 - Jul 9 with 5834 views442Dale

Still think additions at the back and up front are obvious, purely because of the players who have left.

Not sure why Hill felt the need to quote Flitcroft when talking about how well Tenerife went, presumably the film must be Waterworld because that went massively overbudget too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jack OC on 09:47 - Jul 9 with 5803 viewsJimmyRustler

Ah, here comes Whitey..the king of condescension. I honestly can't tell now whether it's intentional or not but you sure do know how to let the brown sludge out at times. Welcome back!
Jack OC on 10:54 - Jul 9 with 5727 viewsTalkingSutty

Jack OC on 09:24 - Jul 9 by 442Dale

Still think additions at the back and up front are obvious, purely because of the players who have left.

Not sure why Hill felt the need to quote Flitcroft when talking about how well Tenerife went, presumably the film must be Waterworld because that went massively overbudget too.

Agree. Allesander,Eastham,Lancashire and Bennet all need replacing and the wages saved by their departures gives Hilly the scope to do that.

I am hoping we have the players in place for the start of the season,August is just as important as any other month of the season and progressing in the League Cup can be a real money spinner.

Maybe we will see more trialists during the next week or so,i hope so because replacing squad players with better quality must be the intention to continue progression.
Jack OC on 11:00 - Jul 9 with 5718 views442Dale

Jack OC on 10:54 - Jul 9 by TalkingSutty

Agree. Allesander,Eastham,Lancashire and Bennet all need replacing and the wages saved by their departures gives Hilly the scope to do that.

I am hoping we have the players in place for the start of the season,August is just as important as any other month of the season and progressing in the League Cup can be a real money spinner.

Maybe we will see more trialists during the next week or so,i hope so because replacing squad players with better quality must be the intention to continue progression.

Add Holt to that list too.

Jack OC on 12:01 - Jul 9 with 5638 viewsYadHoDale

Jack OC on 07:59 - Jul 9 by TVOS1907

Johnson left Barnsley for Bristol City in January.

Aye forgot about that. Same applies to Heckingbottom though, decent manager...
Jack OC on 14:35 - Jul 9 with 5521 viewsShun

That's a strange thing to say. We were play-off chasers last season, we have a young squad who have generally been improving with age, and we've only lost one good player - a defender who only played half the season.
Jack OC on 15:12 - Jul 9 with 5490 views442Dale

Jack OC on 14:35 - Jul 9 by Shun

That's a strange thing to say. We were play-off chasers last season, we have a young squad who have generally been improving with age, and we've only lost one good player - a defender who only played half the season.

Can't put my finger on why, but after expecting us to be on the periphery of the playoffs last season, my own expectations have lowered to a lower mid-table finish at the moment. Nowt wrong with that btw, I think that supporters have always been pretty realistic.

Of course a signing a player or two can shift that opinion.

Jack OC on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 5456 viewsTalkingSutty

Jack OC on 15:12 - Jul 9 by 442Dale

Can't put my finger on why, but after expecting us to be on the periphery of the playoffs last season, my own expectations have lowered to a lower mid-table finish at the moment. Nowt wrong with that btw, I think that supporters have always been pretty realistic.

Of course a signing a player or two can shift that opinion.

I think it could depend on the mindset of the Club itself ( Those involved in the decision making). Personally I think we are only 3 quality signings away from being in with a realistic chance of challenging for the Play Offs and improving on last seasons efforts. Not words that Keith Hill will like to read, but there's a reason why we have finished so high over the past two seasons,it's not a fluke, it can't be after 92 games.

Strengthen the centre of defence and replace Alessandra and maybe look to bring in a proven wide player. Keeping hold of our better players is also important but the key think is Hill giving us another Season.

If Hill and the Boardroom do decide to aim for unchartered waters next season then I think we have a real chance. Forget looking at survival and let's aim even higher whilst players like Allen , Camps and Henderson are still in the building. Let's be a bit more bullish about the Club for a change.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2016 15:40]
Jack OC on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 5415 views442Dale

Jack OC on 15:35 - Jul 9 by TalkingSutty

I think it could depend on the mindset of the Club itself ( Those involved in the decision making). Personally I think we are only 3 quality signings away from being in with a realistic chance of challenging for the Play Offs and improving on last seasons efforts. Not words that Keith Hill will like to read, but there's a reason why we have finished so high over the past two seasons,it's not a fluke, it can't be after 92 games.

Strengthen the centre of defence and replace Alessandra and maybe look to bring in a proven wide player. Keeping hold of our better players is also important but the key think is Hill giving us another Season.

If Hill and the Boardroom do decide to aim for unchartered waters next season then I think we have a real chance. Forget looking at survival and let's aim even higher whilst players like Allen , Camps and Henderson are still in the building. Let's be a bit more bullish about the Club for a change.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2016 15:40]

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann

The dream of promotion to the next level has "never been closer".

Jack OC on 16:49 - Jul 9 with 5384 viewsTalkingSutty

Jack OC on 16:24 - Jul 9 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann

The dream of promotion to the next level has "never been closer".

It's been recognised...that'll ding dong do me!! Does Hilly know about that announcement? I wouldn't like to be in Mr Bottomleys shoes when he finds out about this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024