Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS 17:12 - Aug 20 with 18566 viewsJimmyRustler

Hendo up front OR off Davies/Andrew.

Camps and Allen CM with playing just behind them. Yes Cannon has had a great start but it wasn't broken last year so why fix it?

NML and Donal wide and nowhere else.

Tanser at LB. I know this gives us less height and that's the last thing we need at the moment with our set piece vulnerability but Jim has had a mare so far.

Logan in net. Yes he 'cost' us today but saved a pen and played well by all accounts.

Thompson and Bunney NOWHERE near the starting line-up unless there's a death in the squad.

If we're gonna leak goals from set plays then teams are gonna pick up on this so the least we can do is play attacking football and try and score more goals than the other team. Playing our best player (Hendo) in CM is NOT conducive to attacking football.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:27]
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:45 - Aug 20 with 2783 viewsrobtheb

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:40 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

Well if you'd gone Rooley, you might have been entertained. First half was poor, but second half was good to watch, and a game Dale should have won imo. Agree the starting line up was wrong and think the team that finished the game should start on Tuesday, which basically is a free hit. Next Saturday is a must win game now, to get some points on the board and get some confidence. Crappy result, but still very early in the season so chin up and get behind the team... Up the Dale.

I agree, first half was not good but we ramped it up second half. As others on here have said, team selection was baffling. Far better players were sat in the dug out at the start.

Does it not get frustrating when we fanny about with the ball outside the box instead of getting the crosses in when we have the chance, then go on to loose possession.

Overall I think we played ok today..........just get the ball in first time!

Keep the faith!!

Oh by the way....no Dave on the decks today........Morrisey at the Arena?
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:56 - Aug 20 with 2733 viewsroccydaleian

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:45 - Aug 20 by robtheb

I agree, first half was not good but we ramped it up second half. As others on here have said, team selection was baffling. Far better players were sat in the dug out at the start.

Does it not get frustrating when we fanny about with the ball outside the box instead of getting the crosses in when we have the chance, then go on to loose possession.

Overall I think we played ok today..........just get the ball in first time!

Keep the faith!!

Oh by the way....no Dave on the decks today........Morrisey at the Arena?

He's DJing at the Feel pissed wet through Festival I think.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:34 - Aug 20 with 2638 viewsTomRAFC

We have this every season. The team selection perplexed me too but I'm oh so tired of people talking about Hilly as if he is a genius one minute and a dribbling idiot the next.

Hilly will know what we need but that doesn't make acquiring it any easier. Hopefully Lund can add a bit of bite to the midfield and it's obvious we need a new left back.

One thing I would like to see is a defensive equivalent of BBM or Collis. Someone senior who may never even kick a ball but can train with the lads and pass on that experience.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 20:35]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:34 - Aug 20 with 2638 viewsirisaln

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:56 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

He's DJing at the Feel pissed wet through Festival I think.

I wondered why there was better records played today. I hope he has some more days off!!!!
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:35 - Aug 20 with 2631 viewsnordenblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:14 - Aug 20 by 1907

I cannot believe I'm reading that fans chose to stay away because of seeing a team sheet? Hang your heads in shame. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen on here. Don't ever even describe yourself as a "fan" again you clearly have absolutely no idea what it means to be a fan. Embarrassing!

It's called choice,and clearly many many people are choosing not to attend currently for a number of reasons,your agreement isn't required either.
I chose not to go too does that make me a lesser "fan/supporter" than you?
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 2598 views442Dale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:35 - Aug 20 by nordenblue

It's called choice,and clearly many many people are choosing not to attend currently for a number of reasons,your agreement isn't required either.

It's not a great debate at any point.

That so many fans are making decisions around attendance should be a worry though. That they were given the opportunity to make the decision when they didn't renew season tickets is on the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 2586 viewsnordenblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:39 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

It's not a great debate at any point.

That so many fans are making decisions around attendance should be a worry though. That they were given the opportunity to make the decision when they didn't renew season tickets is on the club.

To be honest 442 if the club had made an offer difficult to refuse price wise for fans I would have been there today toohaving already bought a season ticket previously.
It's all well and good people slagging others off for not attending but the actual reasons they're stopping going should be of interest to many higher up the ladder.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 2580 views1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:35 - Aug 20 by nordenblue

If you spit your dummy out over team selection, a team selected by the greatest manager in our history, and decide that you're not going to bother attending a game then that most definitely a lesser fan. What a strange, childish mentality you have. I appreciate that some people cannot afford to go to every game and have to be selective, but what you're saying is pathetic. Maybe supporting United would be more your thing?
Login to get fewer ads

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:49 - Aug 20 with 2535 views442Dale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:45 - Aug 20 by 1907

If you spit your dummy out over team selection, a team selected by the greatest manager in our history, and decide that you're not going to bother attending a game then that most definitely a lesser fan. What a strange, childish mentality you have. I appreciate that some people cannot afford to go to every game and have to be selective, but what you're saying is pathetic. Maybe supporting United would be more your thing?

What if it's not about cost or the team, but a choice based on not having a ST anymore?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:52 - Aug 20 with 2525 views1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:49 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

What if it's not about cost or the team, but a choice based on not having a ST anymore?

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:56 - Aug 20 with 2509 views442Dale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:52 - Aug 20 by 1907

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face

Who is doing that?

Some ST holders would attend every game because they had the ticket. Now they may not if it's not there to be taken advantage of.

It doesn't affect my attendance at games but totally appreciate why it would others.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:56 - Aug 20 with 2510 viewsD_Alien

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:34 - Aug 20 by TomRAFC

We have this every season. The team selection perplexed me too but I'm oh so tired of people talking about Hilly as if he is a genius one minute and a dribbling idiot the next.

Hilly will know what we need but that doesn't make acquiring it any easier. Hopefully Lund can add a bit of bite to the midfield and it's obvious we need a new left back.

One thing I would like to see is a defensive equivalent of BBM or Collis. Someone senior who may never even kick a ball but can train with the lads and pass on that experience.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 20:35]

There may be one or two who vacillate between those extremes, but by and large the people who are choosing to spend their £20 elsewhere are doing so because they see a product being put before them which doesn't allow the best chance of being entertained, win, lose or draw.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 20:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 2467 views1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:56 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Who is doing that?

Some ST holders would attend every game because they had the ticket. Now they may not if it's not there to be taken advantage of.

It doesn't affect my attendance at games but totally appreciate why it would others.

So at a time when our team is performing better than it has in any of our lifetimes, whilst struggling more and more with the financial implications of modern football, I wouldn't take my bat home over £50 or whatever it is. I'd roll in my bottom lip and get down and support my team every week.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:10 - Aug 20 with 2437 viewsnordenblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:45 - Aug 20 by 1907

I have the money and chose not to go yet again knowing what kind of game was likely to pan out,I'd say in hindsight it was a tremendous idea whilst sat here 30 quid better off and not currently annoyed having had to sit through 90+ mins of yet more baffling decisions.

To you that may be pathetic,that too sits perfectly fine with me...what the club at some point need to rapidly pick up on is the reasons many choose not to attend,your opinion of these reasons is quite frankly worthless
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:11 - Aug 20 with 2434 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:01 - Aug 20 by 1907

So at a time when our team is performing better than it has in any of our lifetimes, whilst struggling more and more with the financial implications of modern football, I wouldn't take my bat home over £50 or whatever it is. I'd roll in my bottom lip and get down and support my team every week.

Me too.

But a lot of people aren't fortunate enough to have the choice and our club somehow need to reach out to them and get them back.

600 fans have gone missing since we played Peterborough. They haven't all stopped coming just because Bunney and Thompson were picked (which I think is a pretty feeble argument anyway, but each to their own).

That's 442's point!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 2305 viewsroccydaleian

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:56 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

There may be one or two who vacillate between those extremes, but by and large the people who are choosing to spend their £20 elsewhere are doing so because they see a product being put before them which doesn't allow the best chance of being entertained, win, lose or draw.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 20:59]

I'm presuming here that the people who aren't happy with the product are at the younger end of the spectrum, because the product I'm seeing is still far superior to some of the shite we've seen down the years pal. I must admit to being a bit perplexed that someone would choose not to go the game when a team sheet comes out. Fook does vacillate mean anyhow, you educated knob?
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 2268 views442Dale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:11 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Me too.

But a lot of people aren't fortunate enough to have the choice and our club somehow need to reach out to them and get them back.

600 fans have gone missing since we played Peterborough. They haven't all stopped coming just because Bunney and Thompson were picked (which I think is a pretty feeble argument anyway, but each to their own).

That's 442's point!

If a percentage of those fans would attend because they had a season ticket, then everything should have been done to ensure they still have one.

I don't consider those who are picking and choosing now any less of a fan than me even if I now choose to pay each week and attend all the home games. Some of them will have gone to Port Vale, I didn't because I didn't want to. Nowt to do with money or anything, it's just a rubbish trip! If there is a situation where regulars are debating whether to go to Spotland because they no longer have that season ticket, then the club definitely have to do more.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 21:26]

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:31 - Aug 20 with 2251 viewsD_Alien

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:18 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

I'm presuming here that the people who aren't happy with the product are at the younger end of the spectrum, because the product I'm seeing is still far superior to some of the shite we've seen down the years pal. I must admit to being a bit perplexed that someone would choose not to go the game when a team sheet comes out. Fook does vacillate mean anyhow, you educated knob?

I'd compare it to someone who's watched Kiss perform their greatest hits for several gigs, then deciding not to bother when they announced in advance their next gig was going to leave out some of the best ones, and play others at half-pace with one hand down their crotch...

And what's wrong with having an educated knob?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:37 - Aug 20 with 2226 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:31 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

I'd compare it to someone who's watched Kiss perform their greatest hits for several gigs, then deciding not to bother when they announced in advance their next gig was going to leave out some of the best ones, and play others at half-pace with one hand down their crotch...

And what's wrong with having an educated knob?

Disagree.

For a start, Dale have some best ones...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 22:12 - Aug 20 with 2124 viewsdingdangblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:10 - Aug 20 by nordenblue

I have the money and chose not to go yet again knowing what kind of game was likely to pan out,I'd say in hindsight it was a tremendous idea whilst sat here 30 quid better off and not currently annoyed having had to sit through 90+ mins of yet more baffling decisions.

To you that may be pathetic,that too sits perfectly fine with me...what the club at some point need to rapidly pick up on is the reasons many choose not to attend,your opinion of these reasons is quite frankly worthless

To be fair it was a decent game today , I've certainly been to worse games that we've won! - but if you are basing your choice on the outcome of the game the obviously it was a great decision.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 22:32 - Aug 20 with 2072 viewsolympicdale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:19 - Aug 20 by macro

Bunney didn't play well today agreed. Thompson did alright he was a threat in the first half attacking wise and gave McNulty cover defensively. Id be more critical of henderson. What needs to change is McNulty at left back.

The goal Canavan blocked Logan from being able to attack the ball.

Depends what you mean by a threat, I dont like slating a local lad because he does care about the club greatly. He's just not good enough, and I don't blame him for that, but what is Hill doing playing him, when he has proven quality at his disposal.

There was a couple of decent moves between Thompson and McNulty. One really good through ball by Jim, that Thompson failed to read, that right there, for me, was proof, not enough of a football brain to be playing in L1.

How Joe Bunney is still a starter baffles me, Andrew does more in the first 5 minutes then Bunney does in the previous 65. I would much rather see Calv up front with NML and Donal providing the crosses, or even Davies, who was always a handful at Bradford.

If we're going to keep competing at this level, we cant be carrying players, and leave the best ability getting splinters on their arses

Life is a game of fate.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 23:11 - Aug 20 with 1972 viewsDale27

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 21:18 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

I've done 30 years, so I have seen plenty of shite in my time. But even through the lean times, as long as the best team was picked and they gave 100% fans would grumble, but still come back week in week out. This is no longer happening.

My lads pet rabbit knows that Joey T and Joe Bunney are nowhere near the quality required for this league, why is Hilly persisting with them? Don't get me wrong, Hilly is the best manager we have had by a long chalk, however this season I am starting to have major concerns as to what is going on in his head - get back to basics ffs, before it's too late.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 23:16 - Aug 20 with 1958 viewsbilbobaggins

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 22:32 - Aug 20 by olympicdale

Depends what you mean by a threat, I dont like slating a local lad because he does care about the club greatly. He's just not good enough, and I don't blame him for that, but what is Hill doing playing him, when he has proven quality at his disposal.

There was a couple of decent moves between Thompson and McNulty. One really good through ball by Jim, that Thompson failed to read, that right there, for me, was proof, not enough of a football brain to be playing in L1.

How Joe Bunney is still a starter baffles me, Andrew does more in the first 5 minutes then Bunney does in the previous 65. I would much rather see Calv up front with NML and Donal providing the crosses, or even Davies, who was always a handful at Bradford.

If we're going to keep competing at this level, we cant be carrying players, and leave the best ability getting splinters on their arses

Personally I think the weak link in the sale side is sloppy defending with pushing that has cost us two goal in games by giving free kicks in places we should never need too ! The other two who need to be rested are Ian Henderson and McDermott both look unfit and short of play this year both have missed chances in games we should of won by a country mile !
It's not we are playing bad it's we are not finishing the chances we have it would be easy too slag the team but we are not that far of being great
So let's stick with them and get behind them and not give up just because of a few bad results WE ARE NOT BURY !!!!!
Weak link on 23:17 - Aug 20 with 1953 viewsbilbobaggins

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 22:32 - Aug 20 by olympicdale

Personally I think the weak link in the sale side is sloppy defending with pushing that has cost us two goal in games by giving free kicks in places we should never need too ! The other two who need to be rested are Ian Henderson and McDermott both look unfit and short of play this year both have missed chances in games we should of won by a country mile !
It's not we are playing bad it's we are not finishing the chances we have it would be easy too slag the team but we are not that far of being great
So let's stick with them and get behind them and not give up just because of a few bad results WE ARE NOT BURY !!!!!
Weak link on 23:25 - Aug 20 with 1933 viewsroccydaleian

Weak link on 23:17 - Aug 20 by bilbobaggins

MUST TRY HARDER!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024