Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS 17:12 - Aug 20 with 18548 viewsJimmyRustler

Hendo up front OR off Davies/Andrew.

Camps and Allen CM with playing just behind them. Yes Cannon has had a great start but it wasn't broken last year so why fix it?

NML and Donal wide and nowhere else.

Tanser at LB. I know this gives us less height and that's the last thing we need at the moment with our set piece vulnerability but Jim has had a mare so far.

Logan in net. Yes he 'cost' us today but saved a pen and played well by all accounts.

Thompson and Bunney NOWHERE near the starting line-up unless there's a death in the squad.

If we're gonna leak goals from set plays then teams are gonna pick up on this so the least we can do is play attacking football and try and score more goals than the other team. Playing our best player (Hendo) in CM is NOT conducive to attacking football.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:27]
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:01 - Aug 21 with 2740 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 23:16 - Aug 20 by bilbobaggins

Personally I think the weak link in the sale side is sloppy defending with pushing that has cost us two goal in games by giving free kicks in places we should never need too ! The other two who need to be rested are Ian Henderson and McDermott both look unfit and short of play this year both have missed chances in games we should of won by a country mile !
It's not we are playing bad it's we are not finishing the chances we have it would be easy too slag the team but we are not that far of being great
So let's stick with them and get behind them and not give up just because of a few bad results WE ARE NOT BURY !!!!!

Good effort.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:04 - Aug 21 with 2735 viewsRowZ

Every inch of blame today must be placed upon the manager.

There can be no better observation of today's game other than... We were by far the better side after the substitutes came on. Up until around 65 mins, we probably just edged it and had a few half decent chances. Post-substitutions we battered them!

Our total shots on goal/chances created must have tripled after Calvin, Donal & Davies came on.

If the team that finished the game, had started it (with the exception of NML who played well) ... we would have most probably been 2 up by the 65th min.

The worst part about it though is that every time Bunney inevitabley lost the ball, got outmuscled, mis-passed it, put it out of play (the list goes on) Keith had his head in his hands. Surely the answer Keith would be to not start him, save yourself the misery!

For me Thompson played okay and did the simple things well, but when we have players like Donal on the bench, why play players who take the safe option every time they get the ball?

My worry is that Hilly is making decisions based upon how excellent he would look personally if they pay off. It's past that point now though with Bunney, Hill needs to realise that even if he miraculously becomes a world beater and scores 15+ for us, the amount of points that he has already cost us by being a non-existent member of the side means he is past the point of no return. But our manager can't see that.

Bunney, McNulty and Thompson just remind me of the Coleman era, the manager paying his good 'mates' a wage to put in awful performances and keep their place in the side. It's becoming a joke, and the worst part about it is that Keith is regarded as one of the most professional managers in the lower leagues. I can't see any of this in his treatment of players like Andrew who puts in a hard shift every time he plays only to be replaced by the Evo-Stik lads in Bunney and Thompson?
Just play our best players Keith, we don't wan't to be proven wrong, all we wan't is to watch entertaining football, at the minute the managers ego in my opinion is overriding his philosophy.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:21 - Aug 21 with 2701 viewsdawlishdale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:04 - Aug 21 by RowZ

Every inch of blame today must be placed upon the manager.

There can be no better observation of today's game other than... We were by far the better side after the substitutes came on. Up until around 65 mins, we probably just edged it and had a few half decent chances. Post-substitutions we battered them!

Our total shots on goal/chances created must have tripled after Calvin, Donal & Davies came on.

If the team that finished the game, had started it (with the exception of NML who played well) ... we would have most probably been 2 up by the 65th min.

The worst part about it though is that every time Bunney inevitabley lost the ball, got outmuscled, mis-passed it, put it out of play (the list goes on) Keith had his head in his hands. Surely the answer Keith would be to not start him, save yourself the misery!

For me Thompson played okay and did the simple things well, but when we have players like Donal on the bench, why play players who take the safe option every time they get the ball?

My worry is that Hilly is making decisions based upon how excellent he would look personally if they pay off. It's past that point now though with Bunney, Hill needs to realise that even if he miraculously becomes a world beater and scores 15+ for us, the amount of points that he has already cost us by being a non-existent member of the side means he is past the point of no return. But our manager can't see that.

Bunney, McNulty and Thompson just remind me of the Coleman era, the manager paying his good 'mates' a wage to put in awful performances and keep their place in the side. It's becoming a joke, and the worst part about it is that Keith is regarded as one of the most professional managers in the lower leagues. I can't see any of this in his treatment of players like Andrew who puts in a hard shift every time he plays only to be replaced by the Evo-Stik lads in Bunney and Thompson?
Just play our best players Keith, we don't wan't to be proven wrong, all we wan't is to watch entertaining football, at the minute the managers ego in my opinion is overriding his philosophy.

Just got home after an horrendous journey back.

I hate slagging off the team and the Manager, but sadly, today Hill got it spectacularly wrong. The starting 11 is not our best 11 players, so why pick them???

Come on Hill... see what almost everyone else does. Stop playing Big Jim at Left back. The poor lad is all heart, but simply isn't a left back. Scott Tanser has been made a scapegoat by you, yet is a country mile better full back than Jim will ever be.

And if we have Calvin, and now Davis as potential Centre forwards; please don't put Joe up there from the start...he is only suited to coming off the bench when defenders tire.

Fair play to Joe T...he did well, and actually protected Jim better than Hendo has done before.

I reckon we should have won the game today, against the weakest MK Dons team we have ever faced. Yet , but for Conrad Logan, we would have lost by 2 or 3 because they can hit the target when we miss it with numerous good chances.

Oh... and those defending the ref can pi** off. He was very poor for both teams.

Very sad to see such a low crowd on only the second home game of the season. Surely yet more evidence that the Directors have annoyed a large number of supporters with the Season Ticket price rise. Their own goal could be a bigger blunder than anything on the pitch this season.

Onto QPR.. a kind of free hit, before an already huge game next weekend, where there will be no room whatsoever for Managerial blunders.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:24 - Aug 21 with 2693 viewsrochdaleriddler

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:28 - Aug 20 by scarrow

If you didn't go because of the team sheet then good riddance stay away. Did we lose because of x2 joe - NO

We lost because of being poor again at defending a set piece.

Who are you to tell people to stay away?knobhead

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 08:32 - Aug 21 with 2511 viewsColDale

I thought we put out a team that was capable of winning that game. On the balance of the game, had we played that game ten times, we'd have won it more times than we lost it.

Why start Donal on the bench? Well one problem I've found in the past two games is that we've lacked people off the bench to change the game. It's not always just a case of starting your best XI and then only using lesser players off the bench to replace tiring legs. Having Donal on the bench allowed him to attack a tiring defence as an expected replacement for NML allowing both to go for it at full pace rather than expecting 90 minutes from them.

Joey T had a decent game. Not a decent game for him, a decent game. I thought he played well at Port Vale (apart from bottling that late chance). Had he never played for us before and was being judged on what he has produced this season, he'd be being described as a decent, solid midfielder who has shown adaptability by being able to play on both sides. But because everyone made their minds up on him years ago, it is what it is. It doesn't make one difference that he couldn't get a contract at Barrow, we've got players from Ramsbottom, and players not good enough for York City and Aldershot. And KH has made a consistently top half League One side out of them.

Whilst I agree the season ticket issue has made games a lot more selectable, I doubt very much we have significant number of supporters who are sat around with £20 in their pocket awaiting the team news coming through on Twitter before setting off.

I missed the Posh and Chesterfield games, but from what I've seen and read, we've had one bad 45 minutes so far and that was the second half at Port Vale. We're a decent side that is going to finish 10th or 11th this season. We've got a couple of issues to work on such as giving away weak free kicks in dangerous areas and defending of them.

MK Dons are a decent side and have spent decent money to back that up and yesterday's game was down to fine margins. And I know it doesn't help when we're talking about fine margins for the third time in a week but over the course of the season, we're going to be fine and finish 10th or 11th like I said above. We came within a wonder save from their keeper from Hendo's header of putting the game to bed, and of course you can give it what ifs and maybes but over the course of the season, we'll be fine.

I think we have to be really careful not to create a crisis when there isn't one. Our performances have deserved more points than we've got, and they will bring us the points.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 2488 views1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 08:32 - Aug 21 by ColDale

I thought we put out a team that was capable of winning that game. On the balance of the game, had we played that game ten times, we'd have won it more times than we lost it.

Why start Donal on the bench? Well one problem I've found in the past two games is that we've lacked people off the bench to change the game. It's not always just a case of starting your best XI and then only using lesser players off the bench to replace tiring legs. Having Donal on the bench allowed him to attack a tiring defence as an expected replacement for NML allowing both to go for it at full pace rather than expecting 90 minutes from them.

Joey T had a decent game. Not a decent game for him, a decent game. I thought he played well at Port Vale (apart from bottling that late chance). Had he never played for us before and was being judged on what he has produced this season, he'd be being described as a decent, solid midfielder who has shown adaptability by being able to play on both sides. But because everyone made their minds up on him years ago, it is what it is. It doesn't make one difference that he couldn't get a contract at Barrow, we've got players from Ramsbottom, and players not good enough for York City and Aldershot. And KH has made a consistently top half League One side out of them.

Whilst I agree the season ticket issue has made games a lot more selectable, I doubt very much we have significant number of supporters who are sat around with £20 in their pocket awaiting the team news coming through on Twitter before setting off.

I missed the Posh and Chesterfield games, but from what I've seen and read, we've had one bad 45 minutes so far and that was the second half at Port Vale. We're a decent side that is going to finish 10th or 11th this season. We've got a couple of issues to work on such as giving away weak free kicks in dangerous areas and defending of them.

MK Dons are a decent side and have spent decent money to back that up and yesterday's game was down to fine margins. And I know it doesn't help when we're talking about fine margins for the third time in a week but over the course of the season, we're going to be fine and finish 10th or 11th like I said above. We came within a wonder save from their keeper from Hendo's header of putting the game to bed, and of course you can give it what ifs and maybes but over the course of the season, we'll be fine.

I think we have to be really careful not to create a crisis when there isn't one. Our performances have deserved more points than we've got, and they will bring us the points.

Good post. The voice of reason as usual. Agree entirely regarding JT, he had a good game yesterday but should have been taken off five minutes earlier as he had tired. I remember being at "the hattrick game" and people were still slagging him off at that game, read into that what you will. I am praying that Hill can get either an exciting young player or a proven steady player to come in and do a job at left back for us. McNulty needs to be used sparingly as cover at the back, he's definitely dropped a few levels in capability over the summer months. A reserve RB as well and I think the ship could be steadied.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 09:47 - Aug 21 with 2413 viewsaleanddale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 08:32 - Aug 21 by ColDale

Good post..

Second half was much much better. So unlucky not to get at least a point yesterday.

I think a few are focussing on a team sheet rather than what actually happens on the pitch.

In hill we trust... Shirt sleeves need to rolled up... Players and supporters and we crack on.

Up the Dale.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 2411 viewsaleanddale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:40 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

Well if you'd gone Rooley, you might have been entertained. First half was poor, but second half was good to watch, and a game Dale should have won imo. Agree the starting line up was wrong and think the team that finished the game should start on Tuesday, which basically is a free hit. Next Saturday is a must win game now, to get some points on the board and get some confidence. Crappy result, but still very early in the season so chin up and get behind the team... Up the Dale.

Agree with this Roccy.

Oh I thought Davies looked assured in his cameo too.

Roll on Tuesday night and more important next Saturday v the real Wimbledon.
Login to get fewer ads

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 2383 viewsroccydaleian

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:21 - Aug 21 by dawlishdale

Just got home after an horrendous journey back.

I hate slagging off the team and the Manager, but sadly, today Hill got it spectacularly wrong. The starting 11 is not our best 11 players, so why pick them???

Come on Hill... see what almost everyone else does. Stop playing Big Jim at Left back. The poor lad is all heart, but simply isn't a left back. Scott Tanser has been made a scapegoat by you, yet is a country mile better full back than Jim will ever be.

And if we have Calvin, and now Davis as potential Centre forwards; please don't put Joe up there from the start...he is only suited to coming off the bench when defenders tire.

Fair play to Joe T...he did well, and actually protected Jim better than Hendo has done before.

I reckon we should have won the game today, against the weakest MK Dons team we have ever faced. Yet , but for Conrad Logan, we would have lost by 2 or 3 because they can hit the target when we miss it with numerous good chances.

Oh... and those defending the ref can pi** off. He was very poor for both teams.

Very sad to see such a low crowd on only the second home game of the season. Surely yet more evidence that the Directors have annoyed a large number of supporters with the Season Ticket price rise. Their own goal could be a bigger blunder than anything on the pitch this season.

Onto QPR.. a kind of free hit, before an already huge game next weekend, where there will be no room whatsoever for Managerial blunders.

Sorry Dawlish, marked you down instead of up by mistake. #sausagefingers
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2324 viewsD_Alien

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:01 - Aug 21 by roccydaleian

Sorry Dawlish, marked you down instead of up by mistake. #sausagefingers

If I can educate my knob, can't you get summat done for those fingers?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 2286 viewsBartRowou

Yesterday's game plan was a Calvin's boot away from perfection. If people want to justify their absence by turning it into a crisis, that's up to them.

We played well and it was an entertaining game played in difficult conditions.

Is it worth asking River Island to put down his trowel for a bit and sign a contract that suits all parties?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 11:14 - Aug 21 with 2251 viewsroccydaleian

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:39 - Aug 21 by D_Alien

If I can educate my knob, can't you get summat done for those fingers?

I'll put 'em on a diet, can you do that with your knob?
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 11:23 - Aug 21 with 2226 viewsD_Alien

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 11:14 - Aug 21 by roccydaleian

I'll put 'em on a diet, can you do that with your knob?

It's had bulimia for years

What you need to do is exercise your hands and wrists more

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 2160 viewsaleanddale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 10:57 - Aug 21 by BartRowou

Yesterday's game plan was a Calvin's boot away from perfection. If people want to justify their absence by turning it into a crisis, that's up to them.

We played well and it was an entertaining game played in difficult conditions.

Is it worth asking River Island to put down his trowel for a bit and sign a contract that suits all parties?

Has signed for welsh league club Druids.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 12:14 - Aug 21 with 2141 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 08:45 - Aug 21 by 1907

Good post. The voice of reason as usual. Agree entirely regarding JT, he had a good game yesterday but should have been taken off five minutes earlier as he had tired. I remember being at "the hattrick game" and people were still slagging him off at that game, read into that what you will. I am praying that Hill can get either an exciting young player or a proven steady player to come in and do a job at left back for us. McNulty needs to be used sparingly as cover at the back, he's definitely dropped a few levels in capability over the summer months. A reserve RB as well and I think the ship could be steadied.

I was at the hat-trick game as well and can't remember anyone slagging him off.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 12:26 - Aug 21 with 2120 viewssalty

Why have we given up on Scott at left back? Injured at Swindon, out for 3 months then didn't get back in the team as big Jim was doing a job there.this year however Jim has been a liability there and Scott is an up and coming youngster who will make mistakes occasionally where big Jim is a seasoned pro who's making mistakes like a youngster!! This lad has been brilliant in a lot of our games he needs reinstating and given a chance.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 13:08 - Aug 21 with 2062 viewsscarrow

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 00:24 - Aug 21 by rochdaleriddler

Who are you to tell people to stay away?knobhead

I'm saying it to you
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 13:10]

Poll: Final position

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 13:23 - Aug 21 with 2033 viewsAtThePeake

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 12:26 - Aug 21 by salty

Why have we given up on Scott at left back? Injured at Swindon, out for 3 months then didn't get back in the team as big Jim was doing a job there.this year however Jim has been a liability there and Scott is an up and coming youngster who will make mistakes occasionally where big Jim is a seasoned pro who's making mistakes like a youngster!! This lad has been brilliant in a lot of our games he needs reinstating and given a chance.

When did Tanser get injured at Swindon?

He only played 7 games last season. Jim started 'doing a job there' after TK and Rose had been playing there for the majority of last season.

Do agree that he needs to be given another chance though.

Tangled up in blue.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 13:36 - Aug 21 with 2018 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 13:23 - Aug 21 by AtThePeake

When did Tanser get injured at Swindon?

He only played 7 games last season. Jim started 'doing a job there' after TK and Rose had been playing there for the majority of last season.

Do agree that he needs to be given another chance though.

Was he injured in the warm-up or pre-match at Swindon last December?

He played v bury in the cup and then Rose played at Swindon.

Or was he just left out, as opposed to left-back?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 14:14 - Aug 21 with 1966 viewsParkinsGimp

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:58 - Aug 20 by Shun

Joe Bunney to be replaced by Calvin or Davies next game please - both of the latter two impressed. It says a lot about Bunney that the ever-maligned Joe Thompson offered so much more than him today.

Seriously , I wouldnt have Bunney even in reserves, as for his so called replacements sorry , both p!ZZpoor goal scorers , Andrew has missed a cast iron sitter every game so far, " but he gets his head on things" yeah so what! does he create ?does he feck. Davies is no better 16 goals in last 91 games is another shocking return.
Please sign a decent forward and play other players in their best positions. As for JT , please no more , even Barrow didnt want him, they are two divisions below us....get real lads, cos if we dont it will be a long hard season with many sub 2000 crowds.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 14:18 - Aug 21 with 1960 viewsTVOS1907

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 14:14 - Aug 21 by ParkinsGimp

Seriously , I wouldnt have Bunney even in reserves, as for his so called replacements sorry , both p!ZZpoor goal scorers , Andrew has missed a cast iron sitter every game so far, " but he gets his head on things" yeah so what! does he create ?does he feck. Davies is no better 16 goals in last 91 games is another shocking return.
Please sign a decent forward and play other players in their best positions. As for JT , please no more , even Barrow didnt want him, they are two divisions below us....get real lads, cos if we dont it will be a long hard season with many sub 2000 crowds.

Where is this 'decent forward' who nobody else wants and is within our financial restrictions?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 1931 viewsaleanddale

Have faith - let's have a look at 12 games in ie 25% into the season.

Davies looked assured yesterday.

Would prefer Hendo wide left though and NML wide right.

Guess that would leave a midfield 3 of Allen Camps and Lund... They would be my midfield / forward 6 next week.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 16:08 - Aug 21 with 1835 viewsBainesy15

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:58 - Aug 20 by Shun

Joe Bunney to be replaced by Calvin or Davies next game please - both of the latter two impressed. It says a lot about Bunney that the ever-maligned Joe Thompson offered so much more than him today.

I reckon everyone would struggle if played out of position with bugger all support! Get him up front where he's proven he can finish with NML out wide and drop Thompson for good
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 16:12 - Aug 21 with 1829 viewsBainesy15

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 20:35 - Aug 20 by nordenblue

It's called choice,and clearly many many people are choosing not to attend currently for a number of reasons,your agreement isn't required either.
I chose not to go too does that make me a lesser "fan/supporter" than you?

Yes... by definition alone...
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 16:54 - Aug 21 with 1788 viewsfrenzied

My first visit of the season yesterday.
First half was pretty awful neither side created anything at all..
Second half much better..MK Dons keeper made a couple of good saves and Logan made a great double save as well as the penalty..some mind games with the taker beforehand also.
Mendez Laing showed some good touches and had the pace to beat the defenders but he didn't get great service ..too many big hoofs up the field and him to chase after it.
JT was workmanlike and no more,Allen was busy but at times but at times there's was no willing recipient of the ball,Lund I thought was losing his head ,Henderson covers a lot of ground but I'd prefer to see him more central,McDermott was effective when he came on.
I'd have given Cannon the man of the match award ..very solid performance,some good skills when playing further up the field on the right hand side.
To lose at the death was gutting but I don't see us in a relegation battle, it looked a better side than the Eyre side..onward and upward I think

As long as they wear the shirt get right behind them all until the final whistle...confidence must be low as it is so we should do all we can to help the lads
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024