Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:17 - Aug 31 with 22318 viewsSaxonDale

All the repetitive clicking of f5 on twitter has paid off,

Place your bets here, I'm going Charlie Comlynn-Platt.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:18]
New signing on 22:22 - Aug 31 with 2432 viewsThacks_Rabbits

i would honestly love to have a full list of hills signings and who we wasted wages on and who we sold on. I assume he is in credit but can't recall if Dawson lambert were hill signings. Clearly hogan and done have made the club a lot of cash though

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New signing on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 2404 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 22:22 - Aug 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

i would honestly love to have a full list of hills signings and who we wasted wages on and who we sold on. I assume he is in credit but can't recall if Dawson lambert were hill signings. Clearly hogan and done have made the club a lot of cash though

Dawson was, Lambert wasn't.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 22:33 - Aug 31 with 2358 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 promotions = £1 squillion credit.

Incidentally, fancy a fook?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New signing on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 2321 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Aye why not

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New signing on 22:51 - Aug 31 with 2249 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New signing on 22:38 - Aug 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

Aye why not

Brill, so, er.......how do we do this then?

DAlien?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:55]

New signing on 22:52 - Aug 31 with 2251 viewsdingdangblue

Glenn Murray, Hill's 1st signing in Jan 06 £300k to Brighton (+£100k promotion clause)
Alf £120k to Rotherham ( +100k sell on)
Perkins £150k to Colchester
Buckley £200k to Watford (+£100k sell on)
Dawson £700k to West Brom
COG bought for £90k sold to Sheffield Wednesday for £350k
Hogan £800k to Brentford
Thompson £50k to Tranmere
Done/Wiseman £200k to Barnsley
Ronan £100k to Wolves
Done £500k to Sheffield United
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 23:07]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 22:56 - Aug 31 with 2218 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 22:51 - Aug 31 by BigDaveMyCock

Brill, so, er.......how do we do this then?

DAlien?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:55]

Just use Grindr at the next home game.

Next tues against Sunderland U23s might make it less complicated.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 2210 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New signing on 22:52 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Glenn Murray, Hill's 1st signing in Jan 06 £300k to Brighton (+£100k promotion clause)
Hogan £800k to Brentford
Ronan £100k to Wolves

O'Grady?

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 22:58 - Aug 31 with 2196 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New signing on 22:56 - Aug 31 by D_Alien

Just use Grindr at the next home game.

Next tues against Sunderland U23s might make it less complicated.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:57]

O'Grinder?

New signing on 22:59 - Aug 31 with 2192 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 22:58 - Aug 31 by BigDaveMyCock

O'Grinder?

He's out of your league

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 23:06 - Aug 31 with 2150 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 22:57 - Aug 31 by BigDaveMyCock

O'Grady?

Oops - added now and Connor Ronan.
Bear in mind they are only estimates what was rumoured to be the fees or leaked to newspapers at the time of sale.
Well over 3 million pounds though + Wembley + 2 promotion's + 2 FA Cup runs.
I reckon Hill is well in credit.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 23:12]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

New signing on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 2123 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Thanks ddb. Probably more than every manager combined in terms of fees then.

New signing on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 2105 viewsAlwaysADale

Heading back down the leagues... Loan move next year??
New signing on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 22:52 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Hogan £800k to Brentford
Ronan £100k to Wolves

Rumour (or fact) had it we were also in credit with Mr Donnelly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 2069 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 23:12 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Rumour (or fact) had it we were also in credit with Mr Donnelly.

I didn't count him or Grant because Coleman brought them both here.

New signing on 23:54 - Aug 31 with 1985 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 23:17 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

I didn't count him or Grant because Coleman brought them both here.

Fair enough.

By the same score, not that it matters, as Hill's record is unquestionable in this department, Parkin brought Murray on loan to the club with a view to signing him permanently.

I doubt Hill would have changed the terms of that deal were it possible to do so.

New signing on 23:57 - Aug 31 with 1971 viewsShun

New signing on 20:53 - Aug 31 by rochdaleriddler

I'm not going to negative, but how do we not get promising players on loan from clubs higher up, such as burnley, city Utd etc. Other teams seem to

We got more than our fair share of promising youngsters on loan under Eyre.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 0:06]
New signing on 00:02 - Sep 1 with 1962 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 23:54 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Fair enough.

By the same score, not that it matters, as Hill's record is unquestionable in this department, Parkin brought Murray on loan to the club with a view to signing him permanently.

I doubt Hill would have changed the terms of that deal were it possible to do so.

Yep, but it goes down as a Hill signing for me, yes he'd been here on loan but Hill didn't have to make it permanent.

New signing on 00:03 - Sep 1 with 1956 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 21:37 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Strange we were able to sign Pereira from Utd on loan when we didn't really need him last season. Ashley Fletcher who played with Pereira in the Manchester Senior Cup game and scored a hat trick against us ended up going on loan to Barnsley and help them win promotion and the JPT. Hill must have known about Fletcher 1st hand? If its to do with wages I could understand but how did we get Pereira then? Quite often you hear about the Premier League club covering most of the wages still when these deals are done? Fletcher is now at West Ham and playing games in the Premier League and looks a real prospect. Hill has been critical of loaning players in the past as it prevents our own players developing but a top quality loan can sometimes make a massive difference.

Speak of the (Red) Devil!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/771103177282322432?p=v

New signing on 00:19 - Sep 1 with 1913 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 00:03 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Speak of the (Red) Devil!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/771103177282322432?p=v

You think of all the money Man Utd must invest in all their Academies, picking up thousand's of kids down the years - who has really come through and been a star and made a proper career for themselves at Old Trafford since the class of 92? Pogba and Pique both left. I honestly cant think of any who have made it and become Utd legends. Quite staggering really considering the number of kids they've got.

New signing on 07:20 - Sep 1 with 1711 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 00:02 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Yep, but it goes down as a Hill signing for me, yes he'd been here on loan but Hill didn't have to make it permanent.

Actually, when I interviewed Glenn Murray, he said the club did have to make it permanent. He only initially came on loan because the transfer window wasn't open. The deal was done the day he first came on loan.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 07:29 - Sep 1 with 1695 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing on 00:19 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

You think of all the money Man Utd must invest in all their Academies, picking up thousand's of kids down the years - who has really come through and been a star and made a proper career for themselves at Old Trafford since the class of 92? Pogba and Pique both left. I honestly cant think of any who have made it and become Utd legends. Quite staggering really considering the number of kids they've got.

That's a good point. It sometimes makes you wonder if having a youth acadamy at our level is actually cost effective. I suppose ours must be or else it would have been wrapped up years ago. It's probably only as good as the people who are running it.
New signing on 08:37 - Sep 1 with 1555 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 07:29 - Sep 1 by TalkingSutty

That's a good point. It sometimes makes you wonder if having a youth acadamy at our level is actually cost effective. I suppose ours must be or else it would have been wrapped up years ago. It's probably only as good as the people who are running it.

I certainly dont think it makes a difference to the likes of Man Utd or the other 'money' clubs - they've bought Rooney when he was 18, Luke Shaw more recently, Ronaldo when he was 19 (I think), Pogba and Pique they had and lost! Absolutely no one of any great standard has come through. They go and spend money on lower league players very occasionally like Powell from Crewe for millions and he's nowhere near to ever making it into the 1st team. Rashford has been a success by fault when he got his chance due to last minute injuries in the Europa league - and fair play he looks quality - but even he now will barely start a league game under Mourinho. Its not just Man Utd, Chelsea are the same stockpiling hundreds of kids who will never make the 1st team.

New signing on 09:21 - Sep 1 with 1487 viewsmacro

Transfer windows are treated differently by each tean like academies. Different clubs look at academies differently. Chelsea have 38 players out on loan, how many of those 38 will ever establish themselves in the Chelsea first team, 1 if lucky. Brentford have axed their academy to run an 18-21 'b' team to mimick the first teams tactics etc and hopefully progress players through. Dale look at the academy as vital in order to progress through the next Allen or camps who will eventually be sold. To be fair to bury they've progressed players through from the academy despite their contracts to the Leon Barrett's of this world.
Each club has their own vision who is right? the problem is though that it is increasingly difficult to be a youngster at a premier league academy and break into the first team. Looking at the way wolves are spending I'd hazard a guess that ronan will now find his first team chances at wolves far more difficult now than before the take over. Sky's money has been counter productive, brought many of the best players in the world into English football to the expense for the national team and young players. By 2020 10% of minutes played by category 1 teams are meant to be by home grown academy players, last season in the prem a lot of clubs had less than 1% of match time played by then. I think I'm just getting increasingly cynical with the prem, it seems to be players and agents who've benefitted at the expense of the public, grassroots football and smaller clubs. Is it any wonder that we'll run clubs struggle to get players through the door.
New signing on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 1426 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 07:20 - Sep 1 by fitzochris

Actually, when I interviewed Glenn Murray, he said the club did have to make it permanent. He only initially came on loan because the transfer window wasn't open. The deal was done the day he first came on loan.

That's how I remember it.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024