Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread 02:50 - Sep 8 with 38544 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 2:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 16:20 - Sep 8 with 2754 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 16:12 - Sep 8 by Legend83

He was immense against Chelsea back end of last season so we know he can do it when he wants to.

I'm surprised that people can't see the genuine qualities he has. He's good at finding space in the middle however crowded, is technically strong and has great vision. He's played some blinding passes for us last season and this. The goals are the icing on the cake.

But he's not good at tracking back and picking up runners and this seems to be what some people focus on.

imo he compliments Jack or Leon quite nicely. Certainly better than having Leon and Jack together with Jack playing further forward. Fer's speed of thought and decision making in the oppo half is much, much sharper.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 8 with 2680 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 03:11 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

Going to have to go with 5-1 to Chelsea unfortunately.

Fer to put in another average performance but get another goal which will blind most to his obvious lack of talent in the centre of midfield.

Are you posting from Liverpool by any chance?

Llorente motm.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/708536/Swansea-Chelsea-preview

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Sep 8 with 2641 viewsperchrockjack

Given that thus far LLORENTE has been nothing sort of dog shyte Id say BASTON has it all to do.
LETS FACE IT, we r e all praying he s as good as we ve been led to believe.

If he hits the ground running (no pun) and whacks goals in he ll be a player of Mark Gower love .

We need a striker badly and if he delivers a lot of people s arses are going to be saved, so yep a lot of pressure before he s kicked a ball in anger.

Bueno fortuna Borja

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:52 - Sep 8 with 2632 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:49 - Sep 8 by perchrockjack

Given that thus far LLORENTE has been nothing sort of dog shyte Id say BASTON has it all to do.
LETS FACE IT, we r e all praying he s as good as we ve been led to believe.

If he hits the ground running (no pun) and whacks goals in he ll be a player of Mark Gower love .

We need a striker badly and if he delivers a lot of people s arses are going to be saved, so yep a lot of pressure before he s kicked a ball in anger.

Bueno fortuna Borja

He could score 100 goals this season and it wouldn't excuse the pitiful transfer business the club has conducted over the past 36 months.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 8 with 2624 viewsperchrockjack

...which is why I commented on arses being saved thus.

I'm not bothered as we are where we are and if we are where we are come May I ll be happy.

WE CANT STAND STILL and its been bad but we have to look forward now and hope .
Those going to games could maybe stand up ,show some passion and open their fookn mouths whilst at the same time making Swansea and the Liberty a particularly unpleasant place as Stoke have done to their territory.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:03 - Sep 8 with 2616 viewsJackBaston

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:52 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

He could score 100 goals this season and it wouldn't excuse the pitiful transfer business the club has conducted over the past 36 months.

I think you find it would as signing a 100 goals striker is surely a snip at 15.5 mil

Also your picture is the Celtic manager and a Stoke City midfielder, I think you're a bit confused about which team you support lad
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 8 with 2610 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 8 by perchrockjack

...which is why I commented on arses being saved thus.

I'm not bothered as we are where we are and if we are where we are come May I ll be happy.

WE CANT STAND STILL and its been bad but we have to look forward now and hope .
Those going to games could maybe stand up ,show some passion and open their fookn mouths whilst at the same time making Swansea and the Liberty a particularly unpleasant place as Stoke have done to their territory.

There are too many people at The Liberty who have the belief that plucky little old Swansea Town are fighting it out against the big boys while spending nothing and it is okay if we get beaten, it's just great that we're here.

We absolutely have the potential to move forward, however supporters are content watching the club stagnate and head backwards, there is no pressure on the people in charge to manage the club the best way possible.

They have been coasting for many seasons now and the luck has run out.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:07 - Sep 8 with 2608 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

There are too many people at The Liberty who have the belief that plucky little old Swansea Town are fighting it out against the big boys while spending nothing and it is okay if we get beaten, it's just great that we're here.

We absolutely have the potential to move forward, however supporters are content watching the club stagnate and head backwards, there is no pressure on the people in charge to manage the club the best way possible.

Watch out, dailew and the other happy clappers will be downvoting you because of your username, despite the fact that your post actually makes sense.

And you're right, the key word here is potential. That was what this takeover was supposed to be about, if you believed the spin. We have the potential to move forward and be a consistent Top 10 team, but that has not been realised as yet.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 18:18]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 8 with 2592 viewsJackBaston

Im going to quickly add my two pence before the negative nancys ruin this thread

I think Fer, especially in todays financial market was a very g ood signing, hes probably playing a bit deeper than he would like
his attacking definitely seems mid prem quality, and is the only player for us not to only score this season, but to have actually scored two
you'd all be bouncing if it was a striker who had made that kind of start this season
his pass in the final third is great, and he seems to have a bit of strength to him

I think Llorente has more to him than we've currently seen, from what I saw he looked more unfit than uninterested, hopefully this two weeks will have seen him knuckle down and show a few people sunday why teams like Juventus and Sevilla have had him on their books. He wont be a striker to get us 15-20 goals a season, but im hoping his hold up play will get stronger and that he'll get us a few last minute goals when chasing

sunday should be interesting and im hoping we can get a draw just to stabilise and gain a bit of morale back
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Sep 8 with 2520 viewsMorganator100

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

there is also people at the Liberty who believe that we should be spending as much as the big boys and be up fighting for a top 6 position.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:18 - Sep 8 with 2510 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Sep 8 by Morganator100

there is also people at the Liberty who believe that we should be spending as much as the big boys and be up fighting for a top 6 position.

We absolutely should be fighting for a top 6 position. We achieved a finish of 8th place not too long ago. The aim should have been to build on that and aim for 7th, maybe 6th.

Do you think Southampton fans are content with a possible bottom half finish after they recently showed they are capable of top 8 finishes? Of course not.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 8 with 2500 viewsMorganator100

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:18 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

We absolutely should be fighting for a top 6 position. We achieved a finish of 8th place not too long ago. The aim should have been to build on that and aim for 7th, maybe 6th.

Do you think Southampton fans are content with a possible bottom half finish after they recently showed they are capable of top 8 finishes? Of course not.

I hope that your not being serious with your Top 6 finish comment?

Take another look at the league, see the clubs Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Leicester, West Ham Everton.

These club have 10 times our spending power and have far bigger fan base than Swansea whether we like that or not.

In matter of fact, there is only one club in the PL that has a smaller ground than us and they have a tycoon in charge of them.

You need to smell the coffee.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:29 - Sep 8 with 2490 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:18 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

Top 6

Our club will always be a mid table PL club when run correctly and a top 6 finish would be a one off should it ever occur.

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:32 - Sep 8 with 2485 viewsMorganator100

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:29 - Sep 8 by shandyjack

Top 6

Our club will always be a mid table PL club when run correctly and a top 6 finish would be a one off should it ever occur.

totally agree.

We should be looking at mid table and winning a cup.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 8 with 2438 viewsJango

Last season it was Ayew this season Fer, certain fans don't like players who score goals and win points, they'd rather players who run around like headless chickens with very little talent!

I've also noticed that certain fans have totally written off llorente after 3 games for us yet they are still creaming over how Allen who has been incredibly average for Stoke in his first 3 games. It takes time ffs
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:46 - Sep 8 with 1977 viewsGriffting

Fer is rightly praised for his forward play, getting into the box, passing, joining in with attack ect. But, he is also rightly criticised for his defensive work, tracking, being out of position ect. Not sure I'd consider his role a holding one, but more a deeper lying playmaker, who still needs to help out in defensive work off the ball. To many times in the Leicester game the midfield was caught with cork having 2 to pick up and that just asking for trouble. He needs to be more disciplined in my opinion and his defensive work rate consistency will need to improve a lot because it is there. We saw it in games last season he was brilliant in our half with defensive tackles.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:47 - Sep 8 with 1976 viewsBYMJacks

i have to say i am not really looking forward to sunday think we are going to lose at least 2-0 of course i want us to win but cant see the swans beating chelsea on sunday
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:51 - Sep 8 with 1965 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 10:20 - Sep 8 by SwansNZ

Took 4 points off them last season, will be a big disappointed if we don't improve on that this season.

You think we'll get five?

Amat to be sent off for grappling Costa who scores a hat trick unfortunately. (Although I'll still bet £10 on us to win and Lloriente to score first.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:04 - Sep 8 with 1936 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 8 by Jango

Last season it was Ayew this season Fer, certain fans don't like players who score goals and win points, they'd rather players who run around like headless chickens with very little talent!

I've also noticed that certain fans have totally written off llorente after 3 games for us yet they are still creaming over how Allen who has been incredibly average for Stoke in his first 3 games. It takes time ffs

Reading Stoke fans comments on social media, many believe Allen was man of the match in each of their games so far.

If we had somebody competent at defending like Joe Allen playing alongside Fer then it would be great. However, Cork's mediocrity only highlights Fer's lack of defensive awareness and positioning and lets teams counter so easily against us.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:34 - Sep 8 with 1883 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:04 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

Reading Stoke fans comments on social media, many believe Allen was man of the match in each of their games so far.

If we had somebody competent at defending like Joe Allen playing alongside Fer then it would be great. However, Cork's mediocrity only highlights Fer's lack of defensive awareness and positioning and lets teams counter so easily against us.

That's my point, players like cork, Routledge etc get away with criticism off some because they run about a lot even though they are incredibly average. Fer has all the attributes to be a very good player for us but a lot of fans made their mind up on him before he got here because a few Norwich and qpr fans didn't like him.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 00:47 - Sep 9 with 1736 viewsJackBaston

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:34 - Sep 8 by Jango

That's my point, players like cork, Routledge etc get away with criticism off some because they run about a lot even though they are incredibly average. Fer has all the attributes to be a very good player for us but a lot of fans made their mind up on him before he got here because a few Norwich and qpr fans didn't like him.

A lot of our players are average I would say
Apart from Gylfi who else would you say could break into a top 4 side?
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 03:20 - Sep 9 with 1709 viewsWanderer

Mmmmm FF & Amat v Costa, could be some red cards here ....
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Sep 9 with 1617 viewspencoedjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:52 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

We could win the title and you'd still be whinging

Get a fuking life
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:38 - Sep 9 with 1594 viewsnantywatcher

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:04 - Sep 8 by BlameHuwJenkins

Ah - Stoke City fans - the fount of all football knowledge that is the Britannia Stadium.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:46 - Sep 9 with 1583 viewsGiff

Our fans need to give Costa grief from the first whistle and to praise our defence for any challenges on him.
We need the ref to believe that any problems are started by him and any red cards are heading his way not ours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024