Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread 02:50 - Sep 8 with 39030 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Sep 2016 2:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 10:08 - Sep 9 with 2457 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

We could win the title and you'd still be whinging

Get a fuking life

Dwight is the biggest and most tiresome troll to have posted on here, never mind he will soon tire and disappear again, it can't come to soon

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 14:22 - Sep 9 with 2235 viewsGlyn1

BBC Survey. It's official - we're feeling grumpy. [Feel free to add a Snow White joke.]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37317980
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 14:25]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 2205 viewsairedale

Its water under the bridge now, time to get on with it.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 9 with 2181 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guidolin may make changes ?

LF

FF JA AM
KN SK

JC LB LF

GS

FL

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:24 - Sep 9 with 2165 viewsShonky

When does Gylfi come back after the Euros? we sure have missed him
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 15:25]

Its just a ride...

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:31 - Sep 9 with 2146 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:09 - Sep 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Guidolin may make changes ?

LF

FF JA AM
KN SK

JC LB LF

GS

FL

I'd go with this formation too, but put GS back in the MF 3 instead of LF, with MB playing off FL.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:34 - Sep 9 with 2141 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:31 - Sep 9 by AustinIsOurHero

I'd go with this formation too, but put GS back in the MF 3 instead of LF, with MB playing off FL.

Yep thats not a bad idea

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:44 - Sep 9 with 2121 viewsPozuelosSideys

Play a new formation against a high energy, confident Chelsea? Not for me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:56 - Sep 9 with 1989 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:46 - Sep 8 by Griffting

Fer is rightly praised for his forward play, getting into the box, passing, joining in with attack ect. But, he is also rightly criticised for his defensive work, tracking, being out of position ect. Not sure I'd consider his role a holding one, but more a deeper lying playmaker, who still needs to help out in defensive work off the ball. To many times in the Leicester game the midfield was caught with cork having 2 to pick up and that just asking for trouble. He needs to be more disciplined in my opinion and his defensive work rate consistency will need to improve a lot because it is there. We saw it in games last season he was brilliant in our half with defensive tackles.

I can't see him dropping his work rate either.
His country needs him, and he knows it.
Last chance saloon.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 9 with 1973 viewsHeadmaster

Here's a fair analysis I think.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2945918/swansea-m
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:06 - Sep 9 with 1902 viewsHeadmaster

I didn't even post a negative comment and yet I'm downvoted. Pathetic, childish behaviour.

Apparently dailew and shonky don't want us to improve on set-pieces. They should go support another club if they don't want ours to succeed.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Sep 9 with 1890 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 9 by Headmaster

Here's a fair analysis I think.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2945918/swansea-m

If we'd just beaten Hull, there'd not be half the heat around. Very fine margins.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:14 - Sep 9 with 1882 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Sep 9 by monmouth

If we'd just beaten Hull, there'd not be half the heat around. Very fine margins.

Good point, but even with the win at Burnley, I felt the performance was questionable. But that was our first match, so we can't be too harsh.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:59 - Sep 9 with 1773 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:31 - Sep 9 by AustinIsOurHero

Yes let's drop the player who's got our only 2 goals this season and play 7 defensive players in order to create more goals.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:05 - Sep 9 with 1766 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:59 - Sep 9 by Jango

Yes let's drop the player who's got our only 2 goals this season and play 7 defensive players in order to create more goals.

Unironically this.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:41 - Sep 10 with 1484 viewsJango

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:05 - Sep 9 by jasper_T

Unironically this.

I don't disagree with most of it, just don't see the point in playing 5 defenders and then playing 2 holding midfielders. That formation with either Leon or cork sitting in would free Fer up to play more expansive with a little less responsibility defensively.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 1479 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 00:47 - Sep 9 by JackBaston

A lot of our players are average I would say
Apart from Gylfi who else would you say could break into a top 4 side?

Gylfi is nowhere near top 4 standard. Unbelievable comment

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:58 - Sep 10 with 1464 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:38 - Sep 9 by nantywatcher

Ah - Stoke City fans - the fount of all football knowledge that is the Britannia Stadium.

Stoke don't play at the Britannia Stadium.
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 10:01 - Sep 10 with 1463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:24 - Sep 9 by Shonky

When does Gylfi come back after the Euros? we sure have missed him
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 15:25]

He was superb last season but I think he hasn't been on it for our first three games.
I wouldn't mind giving Fer a go as AM and playing Leon holding with Jack more box to box and supporting Leon when we're not in possession.

Fer is more physical and will give Llorente the support he needs. Plus he will run at defenders and shoot when the opportunity presents itself.

Routs and Barrow to start and the same back four as last time with Mawson ready to come on .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 14:02 - Sep 10 with 1316 viewsymaohyd

Think we are going to lose heavily. Arguably the worst shape we have been in since getting into the Prem.

All over the pitch we look substandard, apart from Fab.

Barrow has huge potential, however he needs to be playing in a confident team, a team playing well. If results over the coming weeks go against us, as they might well, games like the Watford game become must win, not the environment for a young player finding his feet with a pis sed off crowd.

When the new striker is fit and against the lesser sides we may find a bit of cohesion and just about keep our head above water.

For me though we look clueless.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 14:29 - Sep 10 with 1283 viewsperchrockjack

Need to be brave and bring in Mawson ,if he s deemed good enough player.

We cannot start with Amat

Costa will get penalties

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:30 - Sep 10 with 1220 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 10:01 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

He was superb last season but I think he hasn't been on it for our first three games.
I wouldn't mind giving Fer a go as AM and playing Leon holding with Jack more box to box and supporting Leon when we're not in possession.

Fer is more physical and will give Llorente the support he needs. Plus he will run at defenders and shoot when the opportunity presents itself.

Routs and Barrow to start and the same back four as last time with Mawson ready to come on .

Montero

To do his annual demolition of a Chelsea back 4

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:32 - Sep 10 with 1215 viewsmonmouth

I think we'll win 2-0. Genuinely. The only teams that will be in a different class this season are the two Manchester clubs.

Just watching Stoke and Tottenham and it is utter crud.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:51 - Sep 10 with 1186 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:32 - Sep 10 by monmouth

I think we'll win 2-0. Genuinely. The only teams that will be in a different class this season are the two Manchester clubs.

Just watching Stoke and Tottenham and it is utter crud.

Anthony Taylor having a reffing mare.
Spurs should have had at least 2 penalties.
We need Stoke to get hammered.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:22]
The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:53 - Sep 10 with 1180 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Versus Chelsea FC Match Thread on 15:51 - Sep 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Anthony Taylor having a reffing mare.
Spurs should have had at least 2 penalties.
We need Stoke to get hammered.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 17:22]

Surely the worst ref in the Premier league

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024