Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
President Fernandes? 16:14 - Sep 9 with 3179 viewsMarylandR

Sounds like big Tone wants to be President of the FA of Malaysia...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/football-asia/153/post/2946358/malaysias-tony-ferna
President Fernandes? on 16:18 - Sep 9 with 3167 viewsSimonJames

If it means he is able to interfere even less at QPR then he gets my vote.

100% of people who drink water will die.

President Fernandes? on 16:20 - Sep 9 with 3161 viewspaulparker

gawd help them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

President Fernandes? on 16:54 - Sep 9 with 3114 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

President Fernandes? on 17:01 - Sep 9 with 3108 viewsNorthernr

President Fernandes? on 17:08 - Sep 9 with 3092 viewsFredManRave

He won't be the first President to have his pants pulled down.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

President Fernandes? on 17:45 - Sep 9 with 3054 viewsKonk

Big ambitions. News tart.Tim for change. New training grind on Petronas towers site. Planning a formality. Euro 2020 qualification the dream #wertogethermalaysia.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

President Fernandes? on 18:39 - Sep 9 with 3013 viewsBoston

Emperor Haile Fernandes....movement come to Big Tone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

President Fernandes? on 18:46 - Sep 9 with 3005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

President Fernandes? on 16:18 - Sep 9 by SimonJames

If it means he is able to interfere even less at QPR then he gets my vote.

I would have agreed with you 100% on this a while back, Simon. I'd imagine I was as sceptical as anyone about Fernandes' performance as Chairperson for many years. But I feel he has improved a lot. The last major gaffe I can remember was the training ground howler. Now that he's leaving Hoos and Ferdinand do their jobs without interference I'm happy enough with him.

I'm still very worried about Rangers' role in Old Oak Common, mind you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

President Fernandes? on 19:08 - Sep 9 with 2987 viewsLblock

President Fernandes? on 18:46 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I would have agreed with you 100% on this a while back, Simon. I'd imagine I was as sceptical as anyone about Fernandes' performance as Chairperson for many years. But I feel he has improved a lot. The last major gaffe I can remember was the training ground howler. Now that he's leaving Hoos and Ferdinand do their jobs without interference I'm happy enough with him.

"I did not have sexual relations with Phil Beard"

(Keep the dress Phil, keep the dress)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

President Fernandes? on 19:11 - Sep 9 with 2981 viewsJamie

That's because he is no longer chairman Bri...

He was 'redeployed' over a year ago and replaced by Ruben.
President Fernandes? on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 2974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

President Fernandes? on 19:11 - Sep 9 by Jamie

True. Co-chair officially but maybe in name only.

President Fernandes? on 19:16 - Sep 9 with 2973 viewsRBlock

You said it yourself. Now that he is leaving Hoos and Ferdinand to do their jobs it has improved tenfold. Give him something shiny to play with far away and the chance of him interfering and tweeting about us decreases further!
President Fernandes? on 19:25 - Sep 9 with 2960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

President Fernandes? on 19:16 - Sep 9 by RBlock

You said it yourself. Now that he is leaving Hoos and Ferdinand to do their jobs it has improved tenfold. Give him something shiny to play with far away and the chance of him interfering and tweeting about us decreases further!

Mostly agree, RB. But the last thing we need now that the club is running well is him, Tune or the Mittals losing interest. Never thought I'd say that a while back!

President Fernandes? on 19:36 - Sep 9 with 2952 viewsdanehoop

President Fernandes? on 19:25 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Mostly agree, RB. But the last thing we need now that the club is running well is him, Tune or the Mittals losing interest. Never thought I'd say that a while back!

I remember saying this before, but Fernandes usual approach is to recruit competent mangers and devolve responsibility to them to operate. He largely tried to do that at QPR but failed in his appointments and his understanding both of what he had bought and the business model. That failure with the taffia was compounded through having beard in the background and bagpuss in charge.

Lessons were belatedly learned and with proper due diligence we ended up with clear briskness model, more appropriate staffing coinciding with much more engagement by Rubin has started to get things working. Shame we pisszed so much money away to get there . Provided he remains engaged, but operates through others we will fine.

Never knowingly understood

President Fernandes? on 06:23 - Sep 10 with 2829 viewsLadbrokeR

President Fernandes? on 19:11 - Sep 9 by Jamie

l block a post on Tony without the use of his nickname
President Fernandes? on 06:25 - Sep 10 with 2827 viewsLadbrokeR

President Fernandes? on 19:08 - Sep 9 by Lblock

"I did not have sexual relations with Phil Beard"

(Keep the dress Phil, keep the dress)

More like it
President Fernandes? on 09:51 - Sep 10 with 2754 viewsLancsR

President Fernandes? on 19:36 - Sep 9 by danehoop

I remember saying this before, but Fernandes usual approach is to recruit competent mangers and devolve responsibility to them to operate. He largely tried to do that at QPR but failed in his appointments and his understanding both of what he had bought and the business model. That failure with the taffia was compounded through having beard in the background and bagpuss in charge.

Lessons were belatedly learned and with proper due diligence we ended up with clear briskness model, more appropriate staffing coinciding with much more engagement by Rubin has started to get things working. Shame we pisszed so much money away to get there . Provided he remains engaged, but operates through others we will fine.

Well said danehoop
President Fernandes? on 10:25 - Sep 10 with 2729 viewsBlue_Castello

Spot on - Shame we pissed so much money away but beyond our wildest expectations the Tune group stepped up that's Fernandes and Rubén and wrote off the debt by converting it to share capital if I remember correctly.

There are so many clubs in a far bigger mess than we are, we've got owners who may be naive but are financially backing the club and with Fernandes appointing Ferdinand and Hoos we are working towards a stable financial business, just maybe it proves lessons have been learned and we have better owners than shed loads of other clubs.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 10:26]
President Fernandes? on 10:54 - Sep 10 with 2705 viewsJamie

The reason that things have started to move in the right direction Dane is that Fernandes and Beard moved on and were replaced with Ruben - a respected crisis ceo in the Far East - and Hoos, a respected figure in the football industry.

The mistakes made at QPR were the same mistakes made at Caterham several years earlier, spending money on big name management and big name players (drivers) taking a step down in surroundings for the wrong reasons, rather than investing more wisely in infrastructure and putting procedure in place to grow exponentially.

Fool Tone once, shame on you. Fool Tone twice, shame on him..
President Fernandes? on 12:41 - Sep 10 with 2661 viewsdanehoop

President Fernandes? on 10:54 - Sep 10 by Jamie

The reason that things have started to move in the right direction Dane is that Fernandes and Beard moved on and were replaced with Ruben - a respected crisis ceo in the Far East - and Hoos, a respected figure in the football industry.

The mistakes made at QPR were the same mistakes made at Caterham several years earlier, spending money on big name management and big name players (drivers) taking a step down in surroundings for the wrong reasons, rather than investing more wisely in infrastructure and putting procedure in place to grow exponentially.

Fool Tone once, shame on you. Fool Tone twice, shame on him..

I think there is some truth in that. But I think the mistakes happened in a very similar timescale, but the difference is that at caterham they realised that the F1 model doesn't work for small teams and opted out altogether. Despite the downside at QPR they see a way forward and the Tune group guys genuinely enjoy the club. I think there biggest mistake for a while was running it like football fan playing fantasy football. Now its business first but one they enjoy.

Never knowingly understood

President Fernandes? on 12:54 - Sep 10 with 2653 viewsPommyhoop

President Fernandes? on 10:25 - Sep 10 by Blue_Castello

Spot on - Shame we pissed so much money away but beyond our wildest expectations the Tune group stepped up that's Fernandes and Rubén and wrote off the debt by converting it to share capital if I remember correctly.

There are so many clubs in a far bigger mess than we are, we've got owners who may be naive but are financially backing the club and with Fernandes appointing Ferdinand and Hoos we are working towards a stable financial business, just maybe it proves lessons have been learned and we have better owners than shed loads of other clubs.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 10:26]

This ..Tony is/was a fool and got repeatedly shafted but there are far worse out there..
Lets hope we can sigh relief and move on . Nothing to see here .No longer 'Free spending QPR''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

President Fernandes? on 22:01 - Sep 11 with 2567 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Never doubted it myself, he's pretty much been the president of FA since he got here!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024