Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets 17:25 - Sep 17 with 4800 viewsDaley_Lama

Promoted

Congratulations to the egg tossers.

Poll: DF in or out

Hornets on 17:31 - Sep 17 with 4777 viewsDale23years

Congratulations
Be some big rugby teams up here next season.
Might even go to a couple

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Hornets on 17:42 - Sep 17 with 4718 viewsDomDale

Amazing achievement from Hornets. Toulouse basically tried to buy that league. Some big teams coming to Spotland next season and the £££ can only benefit the town as a whole.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hornets on 17:44 - Sep 17 with 4705 viewsD_Alien

Not kept up with Hornets but glad they've acheived something. What league are they in now, and what sort of teams will be coming to the COA next season?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 4699 views1mark1

Hornets on 17:42 - Sep 17 by DomDale

Amazing achievement from Hornets. Toulouse basically tried to buy that league. Some big teams coming to Spotland next season and the £££ can only benefit the town as a whole.

Hopefully extra income to the Dale .

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hornets on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 4699 viewsShun

Congratulations. Out of interest how does the Hornets' tenancy work? Do they pay us a set amount or do we get a percentage of their gate takings?
Hornets on 17:56 - Sep 17 with 4639 viewsR17ALE

Hornets on 17:45 - Sep 17 by Shun

Congratulations. Out of interest how does the Hornets' tenancy work? Do they pay us a set amount or do we get a percentage of their gate takings?

It'll be a fixed monthly rent I'd imagine.

This just shows the importance of owning the stadium outright.

And them winning promotion just after we've secured ownership must be the first favour they've ever granted us.

Indeed, it's in our interests to assist Hornets to stay up if their gates are now going to top 1000 on a regular basis.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on 18:01 - Sep 17 with 4604 viewsBartRowou

Can someone explain what benefits we get from Hornets apart from the rent mentioned above. For instance, do refreshments profits go to Dale or Hornets? What about car-parking profits? Hospitality etc?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hornets on 18:07 - Sep 17 with 4562 viewsPorlicks

Hornets on 18:01 - Sep 17 by BartRowou

Can someone explain what benefits we get from Hornets apart from the rent mentioned above. For instance, do refreshments profits go to Dale or Hornets? What about car-parking profits? Hospitality etc?

We can blame them for not eating enough

Who are YOU with?

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on 18:08 - Sep 17 with 4538 viewsR17ALE

I'd imagine we run the bars and the pie huts to our advantage. In other words all income which used to go into the Stadium Company now comes to us. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on 18:10 - Sep 17 with 4531 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on 17:42 - Sep 17 by DomDale

What sort of big teams?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets on 18:28 - Sep 17 with 4463 viewsjudd

Hornets on 18:10 - Sep 17 by TVOS1907

What sort of big teams?

Big fat fookers

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on 19:59 - Sep 17 with 4265 viewsNinco

I would imagine that when the rugby league sold us the shares that were originally owned by the defunct Rochdale Hornets club, we would have got them at a reduced price on the condition that we give the new Rochdale Hornets a long term lease, so if we did not allow Hornets to play, we may not have been able to afford to buy the ground as the shares would have cost more.

I also understand that any sales from the bars or tea bars go straight to Dale.

They also bring occasional other games to the stadium such as the Rugby League world cup a few years ago which would not have happened if Hornets had not been playing there.

I'm surprised that they don't do more double header tickets though. Buy a ticket that gets you in to Dale on Saturday and Hornets on Sunday and save 10% or something like that. I have often heard people talking at Hornets matches saying they go there for rugby, but then go to MCFC for football, so if we can get those people going to Dale games, it can only be a good thing even if it's just the occasional game. Maybe we give Hornets a free advert in our programme if they do the same for us so we can advertise our games.
Hornets on 20:11 - Sep 17 with 4228 viewsArthurDaley

Bloody BBC, when I looked it was 22-20 to the French lot. Congratulations to the Hornets.

A large VAT Dave

Hornets on 20:33 - Sep 17 with 4168 viewsonedalefan

Hope they don't play at the same time as us again. Will stop the idiot in the Pearl St who had their match on his phone on speaker and complained when a steward told him to turn it off!
Hornets on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 4122 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Hornets on 20:33 - Sep 17 by onedalefan

Hope they don't play at the same time as us again. Will stop the idiot in the Pearl St who had their match on his phone on speaker and complained when a steward told him to turn it off!

Why was he an idiot? He had paid to watch the Dale and was also keeping up with Hornets. I remember when I first started watching the Dale you couldn't move for transistor radios in the Sandy keeping up with other scorelines. I'd have told the steward where to go personally.
Massive achievement by Hornets apparently (Don't follow the rugby, but bloody good luck to them).
Hornets on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 4013 viewsDaley_Lama

Because he thought he had a ghetto blaster rather than a personal phone?

Wasn't bothering me one bit #mutton but a few around me were slightly annoyed by it.

Poll: DF in or out

Hornets on 22:10 - Sep 17 with 3954 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Hornets on 21:48 - Sep 17 by Daley_Lama

Because he thought he had a ghetto blaster rather than a personal phone?

Wasn't bothering me one bit #mutton but a few around me were slightly annoyed by it.

Fair enough then if it was being played at an unacceptable level. However some people just love complaining.
Hornets on 03:55 - Sep 18 with 3797 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fantastic victory! From 16-8 down at half time.

I think Hornets are the only side to beat Toulouse in the league.

Full credit to the players. Hope the travelling fans enjoyed their night out.
Hornets on 06:09 - Sep 18 with 3775 viewsDiddyDave

Hornets on 20:11 - Sep 17 by ArthurDaley

Bloody BBC, when I looked it was 22-20 to the French lot. Congratulations to the Hornets.

On the BBC Sports page,it`s all about Super League,scores and news,and bugger all else,so no wonder they initially got the score wrong.
Hornets on 06:20 - Sep 18 with 3774 viewsDiddyDave

Fabulous result for the game,the town,and hopefully for Dale in the long run,all as long as Hornets can keep their status quo in the Championship. The board have a few months now to get ready for the big move,hopefully keeping most of those players and the coach who has really done a Keith Hill and in his first year. Home games with Oldham,Swinton and Halifax should bring in decent crowds,though we all know the ever dwindling sporting population of Rochdale will probably stay away as they have for decades now. Still,Onward and Upward,as we used to say in the "good old days".
Hornets on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 3188 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hornets on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 3011 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hornets on 09:38 - Oct 2 by Albert_Whitehurst

Good watch is that Bert.......and I don't even like rugger!
Hornets on 06:23 - Oct 3 with 2809 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

As far as the video goes, they cut the celebrations quick smart. Sore losers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024