Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans found not guilty. 14:40 - Oct 14 with 6739 viewsSnipper

Always on the cards I suppose.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 14:54 - Oct 14 with 4634 viewspaesanu

Who was his legal representation, Mr D Trump?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:00 - Oct 14 with 4604 viewsMrSheen

His supporters illegally leaked the girl's name online and put up £50,000 to jog people's memories of her. You could say he's a little lucky to get a result there.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:05 - Oct 14 with 4581 viewsDaiHo0p

Just a cheating shtbag then, like Giggs.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:14 - Oct 14 with 4534 viewshoopdog

Nothing more than a stupid flash barsteward that walked into to it with eyes wide shut
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:45 - Oct 14 with 4445 viewsnadera78

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:00 - Oct 14 by MrSheen

His supporters illegally leaked the girl's name online and put up £50,000 to jog people's memories of her. You could say he's a little lucky to get a result there.

That would be putting it mildly. His behaviour, that night and ever since, has been nothing short of deplorable. Utter, utter scumbag.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:11 - Oct 14 with 4365 viewsloftboy

Does that mean we can sign him now

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:23 - Oct 14 with 4318 viewsjohncharles

There was a pretty heated debate on here and elsewhere at the time of his appeal. Lots of people just couldn't get their heads round the fact that just because he's a shitbag and behaved disgracefully that it automatically makes him guilty. There wasn't enough evidence from the start and the case should never have gone ahead in the first place. A complete balls up by the CPS and the judiciary. He will now be seeking compensation and may be suing some people.
Jessica Ennis-Hill retired yesterday.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:35 - Oct 14 with 4284 viewsessextaxiboy

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 15:45 - Oct 14 by nadera78

That would be putting it mildly. His behaviour, that night and ever since, has been nothing short of deplorable. Utter, utter scumbag.

What if he believes , honestly, genuinely and truthfully that he was innocent of any crime, just guilty of acting like a sh@t .

Wouldnt you do anything to try and clear your name ? . I think it would consume me for ever .
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:50 - Oct 14 with 4251 viewsnadera78

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:35 - Oct 14 by essextaxiboy

What if he believes , honestly, genuinely and truthfully that he was innocent of any crime, just guilty of acting like a sh@t .

Wouldnt you do anything to try and clear your name ? . I think it would consume me for ever .

Lots or rapists don't think they're rapists. Same with lots of child abusers, murderers, etc.

If a woman is so drunk that she can't say yes or no (and Evans admits he never even asked) then that constitutes rape. Some of the things allowed in this trial were extremely troubling.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 4162 viewsDejR_vu

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:50 - Oct 14 by nadera78

Lots or rapists don't think they're rapists. Same with lots of child abusers, murderers, etc.

If a woman is so drunk that she can't say yes or no (and Evans admits he never even asked) then that constitutes rape. Some of the things allowed in this trial were extremely troubling.

Given the high profile nature of the trial I would be surprised if it wasn't procedurally sound.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 17:59 - Oct 14 with 4120 viewsRBlock

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:50 - Oct 14 by nadera78

Well no, that doesn't constitute rape. If Chedwin was of the belief that she was not so drunk, as to preclude her from providing consent; and Chedwin reasonably believed she consented, then it is not rape. The Mens Rea in rape is whether or not the defendant holds a reasonable belief that the victim consented, and by extension, had the capacity to consent.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 18:00]
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 18:25 - Oct 14 with 4058 viewsGaryT

I think this little bit (which is quite hard to find as most reports are editing a lot of it out) tells its own story:

At Mr Evans' retrial, the man, who cannot be named, said the woman stayed over at his house on two or three occasions prior to the alleged rape after meeting up at Rhyl's Zu Bar.
He said on each occasion they were intimate but the next day she could not remember what had happened.
"She asked if we had done anything the night before. I told her what we had done, but I knew she meant sex so I said no," he told the court.
"It was like she did not know nothing."
When he said he was surprised by this, Mr Evans' barrister Judy Khan QC asked why.
"Because I did not think she was that drunk," he replied.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-37616871

Any time someone says "I can't remember what happened last night" we instantly fill in the blank with "they must have been really drunk then" but what if she has a condition that causes a complete blackout after a certain number of drinks? It's quite possible then to be completely in control of your faculties (and be able to consent to whatever) but the next day have no memory of it.

Just a thought.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 18:33 - Oct 14 with 4033 viewsnadera78

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 17:59 - Oct 14 by RBlock

Well no, that doesn't constitute rape. If Chedwin was of the belief that she was not so drunk, as to preclude her from providing consent; and Chedwin reasonably believed she consented, then it is not rape. The Mens Rea in rape is whether or not the defendant holds a reasonable belief that the victim consented, and by extension, had the capacity to consent.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 18:00]

How would Evans know whether or not she consented? He lied to get a room key, he kept the lights off, he never said a word to her before during or after, and he left via a fire escape. All of that he admitted.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 19:24 - Oct 14 with 3951 viewslondonscottish

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 18:33 - Oct 14 by nadera78

How would Evans know whether or not she consented? He lied to get a room key, he kept the lights off, he never said a word to her before during or after, and he left via a fire escape. All of that he admitted.

Niiiiiiiice.......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 21:28 - Oct 14 with 3807 viewsPlanetHonneywood

...and he never called her!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 23:25 - Oct 14 with 3658 viewschris1969

Pre-planned as well, he was in control of this situation and sadly the naive young girl was totally abused.

Did she expect to have sex with one man yes, did she expect the lovely Ched to join in no.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 23:30 - Oct 14 with 3650 viewsJJMQPR69

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 16:23 - Oct 14 by johncharles

There was a pretty heated debate on here and elsewhere at the time of his appeal. Lots of people just couldn't get their heads round the fact that just because he's a shitbag and behaved disgracefully that it automatically makes him guilty. There wasn't enough evidence from the start and the case should never have gone ahead in the first place. A complete balls up by the CPS and the judiciary. He will now be seeking compensation and may be suing some people.
Jessica Ennis-Hill retired yesterday.

Because we live in a world of instant retribution, one where if the right blogger - with no life experience whatsoever - says the sky is green, then it is.

Too many people are unable to distinguish between morally wrong and criminally wrong. That's why Evans has had to endure this bullshit where the CPS see an easy, populist and media friendly "win", rather than actually trying to bring to justice those who really should be doing time.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 00:06 - Oct 15 with 3617 viewsPunteR

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 23:30 - Oct 14 by JJMQPR69

Because we live in a world of instant retribution, one where if the right blogger - with no life experience whatsoever - says the sky is green, then it is.

Too many people are unable to distinguish between morally wrong and criminally wrong. That's why Evans has had to endure this bullshit where the CPS see an easy, populist and media friendly "win", rather than actually trying to bring to justice those who really should be doing time.

Morally wrong or criminally wrong.
People know whats wrong or right. Its called a conscience.
Ched Evans is a scumbag that thought he could live out his sexual fantasies because he was a professional footballer . From what i know of the case, he had no thought to how it would effect the girl and her family and also his own family. Whether the girl knew what she was doing or not is where the law comes in. Did she consent or not?.
When you look at the operation yewtree cases, a lot of what i've read and interviews i seen,the people involved said that it was just what happened back in the 60's ,70's. Girls would throw themselves at pop stars, radio dj's etc. Now look whats happened.
The same will happen to these so called football stars.
Ched Evans is an absolute sh1thead .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ched Evans found not guilty. (n/t) on 03:30 - Oct 15 with 3556 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 6:00]
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 09:53 - Oct 15 with 3401 viewsRBlock

Because his mate asked her. Or at least that is what the defence alleged, which was ultimately accepted by the jury. You have just listed a load of rather tangential factors, none of which address the narrow issue at hand, consent.

It is rather perplexing how everybody becomes an expert, and knows better than the jury that have had the opportunity to hear the entirety of the evidence, hear the evidence in chief, and the cross examination first hand, have the benefit of precise legal directions from the Judge; yet the social media commentariat are always so certain they know best and the jury got it wrong.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 10:44 - Oct 15 with 3351 viewshorshamHoop

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 09:53 - Oct 15 by RBlock

Because his mate asked her. Or at least that is what the defence alleged, which was ultimately accepted by the jury. You have just listed a load of rather tangential factors, none of which address the narrow issue at hand, consent.

It is rather perplexing how everybody becomes an expert, and knows better than the jury that have had the opportunity to hear the entirety of the evidence, hear the evidence in chief, and the cross examination first hand, have the benefit of precise legal directions from the Judge; yet the social media commentariat are always so certain they know best and the jury got it wrong.

Yet the first time round the jury found him guilty.

So what changed.

Well as far as I can see, this time round the defence managed to find two witnesses (supposedly found my hired private invsetigators) that had almost identical recent relationships (I am sparing you the graphic details!) with the girl in question and the court of appeal accepted this was enough for a retrial and the jury decided there was reasonable doubt.

This is unusual as clearly character attacks on the "victim" are not normally allowed as defence barristers would rip them apart and it would deter women from reporting rape but in this case it was the similarity that must have persuaded the court of appeal and jury that maybe she behaved consensually before and had done so again and that there had been a miscarriage of justice.

The prosecution was unable to persuade the judge, a lady by the way, that the cleverly worded Facebook messages sent to the Premier Inn receptionist asking him if he had anything else to offer and help overturn a conviction plus mentioning in passing the 50k reward was not allowed to be put to the jury.

One thing is for sure that some of the related twitter stuff has been absolutely disgraceful and one fears for society in general at times.

This is just a personal independent view based on my own research.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 10:47 - Oct 15 with 3347 viewsbosh67

It is a strange case. On the radio a lawyer said that the problem was that the girl never actually accused him of rape, and that she went to the police saying her drink was spiked and she blacked out. She couldn't remember if she consented to having sex with Evans or not as she couldn't remember anything. Given that it is hard to prove or perhaps even unlikely that he spiked her drink, then it is difficult to know how he was convicted in the first place?

The point is the girl went in to the police with one complaint or suspicion and it ended up being about something else. Evans is an idiot, he has admitted as such and there are far too many men getting away with rape. That has to stop, but in this case it does seem to be that there were a lot of circumstances where the police and prosecutors put 2+2 together and made it add up to about 25.

Obviously I feel for the girl. Everyone is young once and anyone can find themselves in a bad situation. However, to be fair to the girl she never said she was raped when she made the complaint. So some press giving her a hard time are also completely out of line. The girl needs looking after to help her cope and get her life on track again.

For Evans. Who knows. He's been an idiot but he has been found not guilty having done quite a bit of time. It will be a shadow over the rest of his life and he is in an industry where fans and some other players never forget. Does he deserve to carry on his career if he chooses? Yes, because he has been found not guilty after having the original conviction quashed. He has to have something of a clean slate again in terms of his career on the pitch. It will be very difficult for him though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 3304 viewsRBlock

Ched Evans found not guilty. on 10:44 - Oct 15 by horshamHoop

Yet the first time round the jury found him guilty.

So what changed.

Well as far as I can see, this time round the defence managed to find two witnesses (supposedly found my hired private invsetigators) that had almost identical recent relationships (I am sparing you the graphic details!) with the girl in question and the court of appeal accepted this was enough for a retrial and the jury decided there was reasonable doubt.

This is unusual as clearly character attacks on the "victim" are not normally allowed as defence barristers would rip them apart and it would deter women from reporting rape but in this case it was the similarity that must have persuaded the court of appeal and jury that maybe she behaved consensually before and had done so again and that there had been a miscarriage of justice.

The prosecution was unable to persuade the judge, a lady by the way, that the cleverly worded Facebook messages sent to the Premier Inn receptionist asking him if he had anything else to offer and help overturn a conviction plus mentioning in passing the 50k reward was not allowed to be put to the jury.

One thing is for sure that some of the related twitter stuff has been absolutely disgraceful and one fears for society in general at times.

This is just a personal independent view based on my own research.

Attacks on the complainant's character are not unusual. Non-defendant bad character applications, as they are known, are relatively common. They are more often used to call a witnesses reliability into question however. You are right in saying that the sexual history of complainant is very rarely admitted as evidence, and there must be compelling reasons to do so, to avoid the scenario you laid out below.

The twitter stuff has been awful, in particular the naming and abuse of the complainant, now accusing her of lying. First of the bat, the trial did not prove his innocence, rather it could not prove his guilt beyond reasonable doubt. There is a chasm in between those two. This has led to people now accusing the complainant of lying, which wouldn't even necessarily be the case, if she had claimed CE had raped her. However, as Bosh points out above, she never made that accusation.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 11:45 - Oct 15 with 3296 viewsnadera78

The social media stuff is interesting. Evans' team created a website - with over 2 million hits - that spread all sorts of myths and untruths. They also used Twitter and Facebook to spread their stories and attack the young woman. It really has been distasteful, and some of it illegal. They also seem to have pushed the boundaries of bribery.

The very best I can say about the vile scumbag Ched Evans is that his Mrs seems equally despicable and I hope that, having found one another, they remain a couple for the rest of their lives and not inflict themselves on anyone else.
Ched Evans found not guilty. on 12:01 - Oct 15 with 3273 viewsRBlock

For better analysis than any of us could proffer, see the article below, by the ever-interesting Secret Barrister.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-c
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024