Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clubs worst ever players. 15:45 - Mar 24 with 13703 viewsDanny1907

This is an interesting read, our worst ever player is deemed to be Neal Trotman. Guy Branston gets a couple of mentions too!

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page
Clubs worst ever players. on 15:36 - Mar 25 with 2714 viewsdavidab2202

Another player who I struggled with whilst appreciating this type of post is all about personal opinions was Issey Christie
Clubs worst ever players. on 15:41 - Mar 25 with 2704 viewsfunkkk

Never thought Simpkins was as bad as made out on here. Few players impressed in that Buckley team.
Clubs worst ever players. on 15:58 - Mar 25 with 2674 viewsSuddenLad

Clubs worst ever players. on 15:14 - Mar 25 by Nigeriamark

In terms of worst players we actually paid money for, Micky French ( Who I think was Aldershot's top scorer when we signed him) just seemed to get fat with us. Waste of Money. Agree on jimmy Seal who I think we also paid good money for. At his worst, he did score an absolute screamer in 1 game, then reverted back to type

Mickey French scored a hat-trick against Hereford United.

He was far from being worthy of the 'our worst player' label. He had a knee operation and that was basically it as far as his professional career was concerned.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Clubs worst ever players. on 18:40 - Mar 25 with 2597 viewssince58

Clubs worst ever players. on 15:58 - Mar 25 by SuddenLad

He was far from being worthy of the 'our worst player' label. He had a knee operation and that was basically it as far as his professional career was concerned.

was it a night match and all headers.
Clubs worst ever players. on 18:53 - Mar 25 with 2571 viewsMasher

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Billy Boslem!!

Up The Dale!!

Clubs worst ever players. on 19:01 - Mar 25 with 2551 viewsrich_dale

Chris Lee, played cos his Dad was on the staff
Clubs worst ever players. on 19:39 - Mar 25 with 2499 viewsDale2017

Boardman was God awful,. Keith Barker genuinely the worst striker I've ever seen.
Blair sturrock brings back bad memories too.
Clubs worst ever players. on 19:46 - Mar 25 with 2478 viewsDaley_Lama

Simon Copeland.

Lord Kwanga is of course the absolute worst person to pull on a Dale shirt. I wont call him our worst player because he could never be classed as a footballer.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Clubs worst ever players. on 23:08 - Mar 25 with 2346 viewsTVOS1907

Clubs worst ever players. on 18:40 - Mar 25 by since58

was it a night match and all headers.

No, Saturday 12th March 1983.

Not sure how the goals went in, but on the grainy match report I've got, I can clearly make out the word 'volley' for one of them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Clubs worst ever players. on 15:07 - Mar 26 with 2240 viewsHopwoodblue

Clubs worst ever players. on 22:52 - Mar 24 by dingdangblue

Matthew Barnes Homer in an England shirt. Surely this must have been taken on a summer holiday.

George Townsend from the early seventies a left back devoid of any footballing ability !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Clubs worst ever players. on 15:47 - Mar 26 with 2217 viewspioneer

Clubs worst ever players. on 18:53 - Mar 25 by Masher

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Billy Boslem!!

many years of therapy had finally got me to forget him....and now with your help the nightmares have returned!

Maybe its time for an all time worst eleven togeter with a (very long) subs bench.

It would be managed by Walter Joyce and have Tommy Cannon as Chairman
Clubs worst ever players. on 15:56 - Mar 26 with 2211 viewsseasidedale

Sorry did mean 73-74 season
Clubs worst ever players. on 17:03 - Mar 26 with 2165 viewsmingthemerciless

I thought Peter Gowans was decent. Trouble was he wasn't Billy Rudd. I had a soft spot for Trevor Snowden, he took a great corner.
Clubs worst ever players. on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 2002 viewsVespaDale

Clubs worst ever players. on 20:08 - Mar 24 by Molly

For me it has to be Simpkins. He was so bad that during an away game at Doncaster as the ref was approaching him following an awful tackle he had just made, the Dale supporters behind the goal were chanting "off,off,off" . The problem was that they actually meant it! There were cries of disappointment when he only received a yellow card.

One of his better "performances" was during an FA cup game at home to Luton when he took umbridge at being told by a spectator exactly what he thought of Mr Simpkins. Whilst the match continued Simpkins was interacting with said spectator "offering him out". At the final whistle he had to be stopped at least three times from going off the pitch and into the crowd in order to continue "the discussion".

He really was terrible.

Was my mate Ste that was having the season long ding dong with. EVERY game my mate would call him, then 1 day it boiled over & almost came to a bare knuckle fight on the carpark
Clubs worst ever players. on 14:14 - Mar 28 with 1989 viewsChaffRAFC

Clubs worst ever players. on 20:08 - Mar 24 by Molly

For me it has to be Simpkins. He was so bad that during an away game at Doncaster as the ref was approaching him following an awful tackle he had just made, the Dale supporters behind the goal were chanting "off,off,off" . The problem was that they actually meant it! There were cries of disappointment when he only received a yellow card.

One of his better "performances" was during an FA cup game at home to Luton when he took umbridge at being told by a spectator exactly what he thought of Mr Simpkins. Whilst the match continued Simpkins was interacting with said spectator "offering him out". At the final whistle he had to be stopped at least three times from going off the pitch and into the crowd in order to continue "the discussion".

He really was terrible.

It's the performance away at Torquay that sticks out for me, he got skinned time and again before being sent off and some fans cheered!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Clubs worst ever players. on 21:23 - Mar 28 with 1864 viewsBeechball

Clubs worst ever players. on 17:02 - Mar 24 by R17ALE

You don't have to look beyond the Barrow era for numerous candidates who remarkably all played in the same team.

Mark Leonard, Andy Morris, Andy Farrell, Andy Gouck, Andy Fensome, Paul Sparrow, Jason Lydiate, and the worst of the lot, Mark Bailey.

How we didn't go down with that lot remains a mystery!

Pedantic I know but Morris and Sparrow never played in the same team as Gouck and Fensome who'd been released the year before. Morris didn't play with Leonard either as he'd been mercifully crocked early on.

You've also neglected to mention John Pender , Mike Cecere and Gareth Stoker from that era.

The solution to the mystery is probably Neil Edwards, Alan Johnson, Keith Hill, Robbie Painter, Gary Jones, Jason Peake, Mark Monington, Michael Holt
Clubs worst ever players. on 21:35 - Mar 28 with 1832 views49thseason

Lee Hodges ... 2 year contract, played 8.. didn't score. Utter waste of money
Clubs worst ever players. on 07:48 - Mar 29 with 1725 viewsmingthemerciless

Clubs worst ever players. on 15:58 - Mar 25 by SuddenLad

I'm pretty sure he was an England Youth international with a bright future in front of him as a young player.
Clubs worst ever players. on 08:23 - Mar 29 with 1702 viewsdingdangblue

Clubs worst ever players. on 19:56 - Mar 24 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Harsh on Steve Elliott, not the best, but ok - John Moore on Loan from Sunderland I think, Alan Young and Mark Leonard were far worse!

For the Paul Ince/MK Dons 3-2 win, it was Branston vs MK Dons for large parts of the game, Richard Green, John Pender and Simon Coleman should be before him IMO.

Dickens and Key made more mistakes, but for a keeper who just didn't contribute, Paul Malcolm literally could have stood with us.

John Hudson and Dave Mossman worst wingers for me.

Gareth Stoker, a 16 stone Tony Towers and Chris Lee would take some beating as the worst midfield.

Honourable mentions for Trever Snowdon, Peter Hampton, John Cavanagh, Ian Johnson and Ian Thompstone.

Chris Lee - my god! I would go home from games and wonder if he'd even been in the team. Never seen (or not seen more like it) a more anonymous player for Dale. His dad was assistant manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Clubs worst ever players. on 21:37 - Mar 30 with 1552 viewsEllGazzell

Gary Jones - used to kiss the badge a bit and run around but he was ultimately a crab, and a bloody mediocre crab at that. Some on here worshiped him but all he did was squeezed the ball out of his pincers towards the main stand or wilbuts lane.

And my other choice would be Matt Gilkes. Crikey bobski... he used to swing his pig's trotter of a foot at the ball and literally nobody knew where it would go.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Clubs worst ever players. on 00:40 - Mar 31 with 1475 viewsDaley_Lama

Reg Jenkins

He was nowhere near as good as expected when he found himself in a defensive position and often shot when he could have passed.

Wanted to wear all 11 shirts, that's how inflated his own self ego was.

Clubs worst ever players. on 05:34 - Mar 31 with 1438 viewsdavidab2202

Clubs worst ever players. on 00:40 - Mar 31 by Daley_Lama

Reg Jenkins

He was nowhere near as good as expected when he found himself in a defensive position and often shot when he could have passed.

Wanted to wear all 11 shirts, that's how inflated his own self ego was.

Fortunately I have managed in my lifetime to have avoided the need for whatever medication or lubrication you have the need for.Perhaps the clue is in the timing of the post.
Clubs worst ever players. on 07:17 - Mar 31 with 1415 viewsTVOS1907

Clubs worst ever players. on 05:34 - Mar 31 by davidab2202

Fortunately I have managed in my lifetime to have avoided the need for whatever medication or lubrication you have the need for.Perhaps the clue is in the timing of the post.

William Hoosh, central defender from the 70s. Everything kept going over his head!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Clubs worst ever players. on 10:02 - Mar 31 with 1338 viewsD_Alien

Clubs worst ever players. on 07:17 - Mar 31 by TVOS1907

William Hoosh, central defender from the 70s. Everything kept going over his head!

That was a rubbish defensive partnership he had with Johnny Bow, the master of the self-induced nutmeg

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Clubs worst ever players. on 10:04 - Mar 31 with 1329 viewsDaley_Lama

Clubs worst ever players. on 05:34 - Mar 31 by davidab2202

The actual clue is in the post directly before mine. Why should he have an exclusive of talking twaddle?

I did take an ibroprufen last night, might have been the cause. 😊

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024