Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer 17:14 - May 3 with 5350 viewsDaveDave

Rochdale Football Club can confirm that there have been no changes to the already announced appointment of Eden Bearshaw as the club’s new matchday announcer.

Eden will start his new role in pre-season, taking over from Dave Sweetmore who announced his departure after 17-years last month. 

Following Dave’s return to Rochdale, it had been hoped that Eden could work alongside Dave, in order to further enhance the club’s matchday experience, but following a series of scheduled meetings, including today, we can announce that this will not put into practice. 

Dave Sweetmore commented: “On returning to Rochdale I was delighted to be asked back to the club, in a role working alongside the newly appointed stadium announcer. 

“After several planned discussions over the last three weeks, we, as a collective, have now reached the decision to continue as planned, with Eden solely taking on the role, and I again wish him the very best of luck.

“The club has been a huge part of my life for 17-years and I will miss working alongside the most friendly, hard-working and committed staff in the league. 

“My heart lies with Rochdale and always will. Some of my best friends are here, and the club I will always be around if needed.”

Eden Bearshaw added: “We explored the possibility of a dual role on matchdays over three weeks ago, but following further discussions over the last couple of weeks and then again today involving all three parties, I felt that this wouldn’t be a viable proposition. 

“I understand the club’s perspective of looking into Dave Sweetmore being involved back at the club following his return to Rochdale, but I was keen to solely take up the role and we have both reached a mutual understanding that it is in the best interest of all parties to move forward in this way. 

“I have always looked up to Dave in his role here at the club and I hope to keep up his high standards. I would like to thank Dave for his support and understanding on this matter.”

Rochdale Football Club would once again like to thank Dave for his 17-years of committed service. He has been a legend to many and will always be welcome at Rochdale AFC.

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-matchday-announ

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 17:44 - May 3 with 5209 viewsTalkingSutty

The silence is deafening, which one of you went bleating to Rochdald online? Messageboard 1 Dale 0...congratulations, well done!!
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 17:48 - May 3 with 5156 viewsSandyDrum

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 17:44 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

The silence is deafening, which one of you went bleating to Rochdald online? Messageboard 1 Dale 0...congratulations, well done!!

What was it you were saying about people having tantrums?

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 17:56 - May 3 with 5090 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Online only needed to read this messageboard, TS, to get their story.

They then got quotes from one of the involved parties.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 18:01 - May 3 with 5027 viewsfunkkk

Very diplomatic quotes from all concerned making it appear there was never a real issue. Pleased it's sorted. Good luck to the new lad.
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 18:07 - May 3 with 4978 viewsAtThePeake

May I suggest you "get over it and support your club"

Your words, not mine.

Tangled up in blue.

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 18:43 - May 3 with 4772 viewsBrierls

A touch of class from both Sweetmore and Eden with their quotes in the OS article.

Good luck to both of them.

A thank you to the club for doing the right thing and honouring what we hope will be a great appointment.
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 18:58 - May 3 with 4684 viewsmightydale

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 17:56 - May 3 by TVOS1907

Rochdale Online only needed to read this messageboard, TS, to get their story.

They then got quotes from one of the involved parties.

Why would rochdaleonline look on this fourm without getting the heads up about the situation

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 19:15 - May 3 with 4579 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Erm......Dave Sweetmore

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/109530/local-dj-

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 19:48 - May 3 with 4443 viewsShun

Why ever would this mean somebody tipped Rochdale Online off? I think the logical conclusion would be that they became aware of the story, either via this messageboard or Facebook or simple word of mouth, and then approached Sweetmore to clarify. Absolutely no need for any conspiracy theories, just a simple case of Occam's razor.
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 20:00 - May 3 with 4380 viewsTVOS1907

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 18:58 - May 3 by mightydale

Why would rochdaleonline look on this fourm without getting the heads up about the situation

Their photographer linked his photo gallery on Sunday, for starters, so I imagine he has been interested in the reaction.

Also, they will scour local forums and websites for news stories, something all media do on an hourly basis, I would imagine. Fitzo will be able to confirm that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 20:35 - May 3 with 4244 viewsmacro

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 20:00 - May 3 by TVOS1907

Their photographer linked his photo gallery on Sunday, for starters, so I imagine he has been interested in the reaction.

Also, they will scour local forums and websites for news stories, something all media do on an hourly basis, I would imagine. Fitzo will be able to confirm that.

Having looked on Rochdale Online, they seem to rip off a lot of the stories from the o/s word for word. Not exactly quality journalism. They’ve also made themselves look stupid over this as well. Oh dear, not their greatest hour.
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 21:10 - May 3 with 4143 viewsfitzochris

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 20:00 - May 3 by TVOS1907

The only job I've ever had where you can get away with looking at footy forums all day

I also agree with Macro's post below. While it's a common practice of pretty much every media outlet to scour online forums for news hooks, Rochdale Online does seem to be at the bottom of the barrel in terms of news quality.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 21:32 - May 3 with 4040 viewsD_Alien

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 19:48 - May 3 by Shun

Why ever would this mean somebody tipped Rochdale Online off? I think the logical conclusion would be that they became aware of the story, either via this messageboard or Facebook or simple word of mouth, and then approached Sweetmore to clarify. Absolutely no need for any conspiracy theories, just a simple case of Occam's razor.

Occam never intended his razor to be used for such a close shave!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:00 - May 3 with 3933 viewskiwidale

Shun I cant believe your "logical conclusion" advocating Occam razor is better than Gillette, your making too many assumptions... don't get me going on them twin blade rubbish

This is not the time for bickering.

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:15 - May 3 with 3834 viewsjudd

Fookin ell didn't realise killer whales could shave.

Poll: What is it to be then?

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 23:59 - May 3 with 3640 viewsD_Alien

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:15 - May 3 by judd

Fookin ell didn't realise killer whales could shave.

They do, but it's only sperm whales that get the full facial

(From philosophical musings to hardcore in three easy posts - only on here!)

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 07:03 - May 4 with 3459 viewsaleanddale

Well done all concerned rectifying what was an err in judgement and quickly rectified.

Good luck Eden ( no idea who is is )

Thanks Dave for a splendid job well done.

Time to move on....

Team Rochdale..... Now... NML and Lund get yer fookin pens out!!!!!!!
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:13 - May 4 with 2904 viewsD_Alien

Ha ha! Well if RG gives him my address (from my email) he can check my bollocks! As long as he doesn't bring a f*cking tannoy with him...

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:19 - May 4 with 2880 viewsBrierls

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:13 - May 4 by D_Alien

Ha ha! Well if RG gives him my address (from my email) he can check my bollocks! As long as he doesn't bring a f*cking tannoy with him...

Good to see normal service has been resumed. Talking bollocks again.
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:24 - May 4 with 2851 viewsD_Alien

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:19 - May 4 by Brierls

Good to see normal service has been resumed. Talking bollocks again.

Aye, it didn't take long, I was posting shite before yesterday was out

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:40 - May 4 with 2782 viewsBrierls

Even more bizarre was my first thought...I hope you lot have got no bollocks!
CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:45 - May 4 with 2760 viewsD_Alien

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:40 - May 4 by Brierls

Even more bizarre was my first thought...I hope you lot have got no bollocks!

My first thought was... terrible failure of imagination, for someone supposedly good with words

[Post edited 4 May 2017 22:48]

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:50 - May 4 with 2730 viewsBrierls

CLUB STATEMENT: Matchday announcer on 22:45 - May 4 by D_Alien

My first thought was... terrible failure of imagination, for someone supposedly good with words

[Post edited 4 May 2017 22:48]

I'm surprised he had a Plan B.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 22:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024