Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Southend A 14:18 - Sep 2 with 32930 views442Dale

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Southend A on 16:45 - Sep 2 with 3202 views442Dale

Daniels on

Done off - he was captain after Henderson's red.

McNulty now.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:46 - Sep 2 with 3189 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Southend A on 16:47 - Sep 2 with 3156 views442Dale

Davies came on for Cannon too.

Match thread: Southend A on 16:48 - Sep 2 with 3116 viewsSuddenLad

Mcnulty concedes a free kick and earns a yellow card for the challenge.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Southend A on 16:49 - Sep 2 with 3094 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 16:48 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

Mcnulty concedes a free kick and earns a yellow card for the challenge.....

Is our captain's armband jinxed?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Southend A on 16:50 - Sep 2 with 3044 viewsSandyman

5 minutes added time, at least
Match thread: Southend A on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 3030 viewsSuddenLad

5 minutes added time......

Match thread: Southend A on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2840 viewsSandyman

0-0 F T
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Southend A on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2828 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Southend A on 16:51 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

Game over 0-0. Terrific point in the circumstances.....

Match thread: Southend A on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2828 views442Dale

Great point that.

Well done to almost all involved.

Match thread: Southend A on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 2822 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread: Southend A on 16:51 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

Cracking point👍
Match thread: Southend A on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 2817 viewsJimmyRustler

Brilliant result well done Dale
Match thread: Southend A on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 2781 views1mark1

Well done Dale. Excellent point, well done to the players who had to play on after being let down by their captain.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Southend A on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 2781 viewsDaleFan7

I think everyone would have taken a point before the game.
Match thread: Southend A on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 2774 viewsD_Alien

Great point!

Well done lads (with one exception), and at least you've given the Daleys who made the trip something to hang on to

Match thread: Southend A on 16:58 - Sep 2 with 2770 viewsfrenzied

Well done Dale

Things can only get better...
Match thread: Southend A on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 2701 viewsburton_dale

Match thread: Southend A on 16:58 - Sep 2 by frenzied

Well done Dale

Things can only get better...

Defended very well after the sending off, lots of blocks and coped very well with pretty much all of the balls that came into the box. Moore's handling is very good, if he can work on his distribution he could be a quality signing.
Match thread: Southend A on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 2673 viewsSheffdale

First time this year I've got my (always optimistic) prediction right - well at least the result anyway. I had Hendo to score in a 1-1 draw! Never a happy hunting ground so well done 10 men Dale and a big clap for Brendan Moore.
Match thread: Southend A on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 2636 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Southend A on 17:00 - Sep 2 by Sheffdale

First time this year I've got my (always optimistic) prediction right - well at least the result anyway. I had Hendo to score in a 1-1 draw! Never a happy hunting ground so well done 10 men Dale and a big clap for Brendan Moore.

Good result. Going off Twitter Southend seemed to have about million corners

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Southend A on 17:05 - Sep 2 with 2563 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 16:59 - Sep 2 by burton_dale

Defended very well after the sending off, lots of blocks and coped very well with pretty much all of the balls that came into the box. Moore's handling is very good, if he can work on his distribution he could be a quality signing.

I've only seen Moore once (against bury) and have every reason to think he already is a quality signing, as backup keeper. Looked confident, and today he's saved us a point, which is the equivalent of one of ours converting a penalty to equalise. Definite competition for Lillis, and I wouldn't automatically be handing Lillis back the gloves when he's fit

Match thread: Southend A on 17:16 - Sep 2 with 2430 viewsJames1980

Excellent another clean sheet, building confidence in the defence can only be a good thing that will hopefully infect the team.

Match thread: Southend A on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 2385 views49thseason

Match thread: Southend A on 17:16 - Sep 2 by James1980

Excellent another clean sheet, building confidence in the defence can only be a good thing that will hopefully infect the team.

Dont you think there is enough infection in the team already?
Match thread: Southend A on 17:25 - Sep 2 with 2335 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Southend A on 17:20 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

Dont you think there is enough infection in the team already?

Sorry bad choice of words but I meant hopefully the confidence spreads

Match thread: Southend A on 17:35 - Sep 2 with 2251 viewsDaleAddict

I hope the author of the ridiculous post about Moore's credentials after just one game a) watched today's game and b) has the courage to admit, minimally, that he leapt to a very hasty conclusion, even if he felt it was a valid one. Equally, Moore's performance today doesn't make him a world beater but a penalty save and consistently excellent handling of everything that came his way more than made for his poor distribution. The fact that the only challenging save he had to make came from the penalty spot is also tribute to the ten in front of him, including traditional boo boys canavan and mcnulty, who were as solid as anyone else. We wouldn't have scored if we'd been given 24 hours to do so, but that's something to address another day. I'd have taken a point before kick off, and to get one now, under the circumstances, is a big step in the right direction and I think it showed in Hill's reaction at the final whistle in front of the hardy band of travelling supporters.

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Match thread: Southend A on 17:41 - Sep 2 with 2198 viewsSaxonDale

Initial instincts on the Hendo red was that if challenges like that are not allowed then the game is gone. Fair argument could be made to say it was a stupid tackle and one which wasn't needed however he got the ball, seemed in control and I thought the tackle was one footed. The one big question is the angle of his studs.

As a side note I thought the ref was very reactionary all game- often falling for the antics of the Southend players who rolled around but never required physics. The one time he seemed to follow his own instinct was for the penalty- I'd like to see that again as there was very little/ no appeal from Southend players when it was given.

Great defensive performance- after we went down to 10 men we sacrificed the ball completely and put all bodies in our own half. At times I worried we were too deep but Southend rarely threatened. First time I've seen us this year so here are my thoughts on a few noticeable performances-

CDM Williams makes us look very solid and looks a great addition. Good in the air and has great reading of the game- thought in first half he tended to drift too much towards CB at times but he adds a steel I haven't seen us have since Canavan (accy one)

Winger Williams- When he catches up to speed I think we've got a real talent here. Strong on the ball and good decision making. His distribution from set pieces was a constant threat.

Moore- Broken toy but looks a superb prospect. His penalty save was fantastic. His distribution was hit and miss but he was always going for the right outball. Also thought he came and collected crosses excellently when needed in the second half. If he performs like that every game and can work on his kicking, we've found a real player.

All in all an excellent point considering the circumstances. To have 8 odd influential players missing from the squad and still get a point at Southend should be a real confidence boost for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024