Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Southend A 14:18 - Sep 2 with 34126 views442Dale

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Southend A on 12:20 - Sep 3 with 2481 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Southend A on 12:04 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

My version of "We" is as in spectators.

I have no problem with the laws of the game. The problem lies in the implementation of those laws and the consistency, or lack of, that the officials so frequently display.

I saw the referees' display yesterday described (by someone at the ground) as 'pisspotical'. The radio commentator described the referee as 'a homer' and some of his decisions as 'mystifying'.

The last time I listened to a live Dale match commentary on 'Matey FM' was when Mike Brookes was in charge of the microphone. No idea who yesterdays' commentator was, but he seemed pretty fair in his summations.

Your second paragraph is very interesting, as there are times when we benefit from these inconsistencies or, to be fairer, 'human error', yet they are forgotten when it's the other way round.

Each time Henderson has been sent-off it's never been his fault. Having seen it on Goal Rush last night, it's a ridiculous and thoughtless challenge, regardless of whether he got the ball or not.

Flying in as he did simply isn't allowed in the modern game. Was he really in control of what he was doing? It doesn't look that way to me.

Of course we don't know whether it was intentional, but he has displayed a retaliatory side to his game before - often getting away with it.

Like I said, in my opinion, 'we' need to take fuller responsibility for our own actions.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 12:22]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Southend A on 12:26 - Sep 3 with 2467 viewsburton_dale

Match thread: Southend A on 12:20 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

Your second paragraph is very interesting, as there are times when we benefit from these inconsistencies or, to be fairer, 'human error', yet they are forgotten when it's the other way round.

Each time Henderson has been sent-off it's never been his fault. Having seen it on Goal Rush last night, it's a ridiculous and thoughtless challenge, regardless of whether he got the ball or not.

Flying in as he did simply isn't allowed in the modern game. Was he really in control of what he was doing? It doesn't look that way to me.

Of course we don't know whether it was intentional, but he has displayed a retaliatory side to his game before - often getting away with it.

Like I said, in my opinion, 'we' need to take fuller responsibility for our own actions.

I would say being 'in control' is the ability to change/pull out of a challenge to avoid injuring a player, once you are off the ground you lose that ability
Match thread: Southend A on 12:33 - Sep 3 with 2422 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Southend A on 12:20 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

Who has said or implied that none of Hendo's red cards were his fault ? Has he said it ? The club ? Surely he's not so 'unlucky'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Southend A on 12:43 - Sep 3 with 2400 viewsDaleAddict

In making any tackle, if a player 'jumps' into it with both feet off the ground (regardless of whether the feet are together or not) it gives any official the option of a red card. What happens after the tackler has left the ground in relation to the ball or his opponent is almost immaterial in that decision making process. At best, considering the modern game and officiating standards, it is poor tackling technique and it should be coached out of players or run the risk of further red cards.

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Match thread: Southend A on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 2386 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Southend A on 12:33 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

Who has said or implied that none of Hendo's red cards were his fault ? Has he said it ? The club ? Surely he's not so 'unlucky'.

Nobody as said it ad verbatim, but the implication is always there from post-match comments.

Take the 'FootballpeopleJasonPearcegate' after the Wigan game for a perfect example.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Southend A on 12:55 - Sep 3 with 2352 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 12:45 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

Nobody as said it ad verbatim, but the implication is always there from post-match comments.

Take the 'FootballpeopleJasonPearcegate' after the Wigan game for a perfect example.

In the aftermath of which, it was mooted that perhaps he'd learnt a lesson

I don't see it as any coincidence that yesterday's lack of thought and respect for his team-mates and the travelling fans came directly after being lauded by his manager and virtually deemed untouchable. IMO the manager has some culpability here, and if he couldn't look Hendo in the face as he left the pitch following his dismissal, he might've been too preoccupied reflecting on the wisdom of that

[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 12:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Southend A on 13:49 - Sep 3 with 2241 views1907

How did kitching and the new lads do somebody please?
Match thread: Southend A on 14:27 - Sep 3 with 2183 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Southend A on 12:55 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

In the aftermath of which, it was mooted that perhaps he'd learnt a lesson

I don't see it as any coincidence that yesterday's lack of thought and respect for his team-mates and the travelling fans came directly after being lauded by his manager and virtually deemed untouchable. IMO the manager has some culpability here, and if he couldn't look Hendo in the face as he left the pitch following his dismissal, he might've been too preoccupied reflecting on the wisdom of that

[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 12:57]

I wouldn't read too much into that.

From what I see, it seems to be pretty standard practice for managers and dismissed players to avoid eye-contact. Joe Murphy last week trudged down the tunnel and didn't raise his head until he was well past the dugouts. Perhaps it's a 'embarrassment' or 'guilt' thing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Southend A on 14:37 - Sep 3 with 2162 viewsburton_dale

Match thread: Southend A on 13:49 - Sep 3 by 1907

How did kitching and the new lads do somebody please?

I thought the pick was the new Jordan Williams, considering he hadn't trained with the squad I though he was very good. Covered lits of ground and did the simple things well, looked very promising.

Daniels is man mountain, looked strong and good in the air in his cameo.

Kitching I didn't really notice but I think that was in a good way. Like Williams covered ground, made a few good blocks and didnt give the ball away.

The original Jordan Williams looked impressive and I thought our most dangerous attacker pre red card. Good touch, rarely gives the ball away and good vision. His corners were very good as well and canavan should have at least hit the target from 1 in the second half.

Moore already has his own thread, don't need to say any more there.

Done doesn't quite look the player he was in his last spell, can't decide whether its lack of match sharpness or needing a goal to give him some confidence. In fairness he hasn't had a lot of service yet either.

All in all I think we have some very good prospects there and the likes of Williams x2 and kitching will only improve as they get used to league football.
Match thread: Southend A on 14:44 - Sep 3 with 2138 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 14:27 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

I wouldn't read too much into that.

From what I see, it seems to be pretty standard practice for managers and dismissed players to avoid eye-contact. Joe Murphy last week trudged down the tunnel and didn't raise his head until he was well past the dugouts. Perhaps it's a 'embarrassment' or 'guilt' thing.

Precisely

Match thread: Southend A on 09:02 - Sep 9 with 1822 views442Dale

Worth noting that despite the protestations of some and that we have previous for it, there is no news about any appeal of Henderson's red. Maybe the football people were too busy ensuring Jason Pearce behaved at Boundary Park.

Match thread: Southend A on 09:47 - Sep 9 with 1754 viewsdingdangblue

Don't seem to hear much news these days? On the Sky sports preview today there is a list of Blackburn injuries but nothin for Dale? No mention of Camps,Rathbone,Andrew or Keane? It does say Bunney could be back though.

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-blackburn/preview/375239

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Southend A on 10:17 - Sep 9 with 1716 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 09:47 - Sep 9 by dingdangblue

Don't seem to hear much news these days? On the Sky sports preview today there is a list of Blackburn injuries but nothin for Dale? No mention of Camps,Rathbone,Andrew or Keane? It does say Bunney could be back though.

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-blackburn/preview/375239

Maybe a not unwelcome attempt to change the mood music, if I can attempt such a sensitive metaphor; as was Hilly's prematch interview

Match thread: Southend A on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 1624 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Southend A on 10:17 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Maybe a not unwelcome attempt to change the mood music, if I can attempt such a sensitive metaphor; as was Hilly's prematch interview

Totally NFR but a bit of humour to also try to lighten the pre-match mood. Don't watch whilst drinking hot liquids!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Southend A on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 1512 views442Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 09:02 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Worth noting that despite the protestations of some and that we have previous for it, there is no news about any appeal of Henderson's red. Maybe the football people were too busy ensuring Jason Pearce behaved at Boundary Park.

Sorry. How totally stupid of me to not assume that an accumulation of Phil Brown's cuddles, the Southend player making a 3 course meal out of it and Jason Pearce still possibly being rather mean would assist in making an appeal.

Because we did.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/report-blackburnrovers_home_09

Match thread: Southend A on 18:17 - Sep 9 with 1493 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 18:11 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Sorry. How totally stupid of me to not assume that an accumulation of Phil Brown's cuddles, the Southend player making a 3 course meal out of it and Jason Pearce still possibly being rather mean would assist in making an appeal.

Because we did.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/report-blackburnrovers_home_09

Embarrassing

Match thread: Southend A on 18:19 - Sep 9 with 1481 views1mark1

Match thread: Southend A on 18:11 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Because we did.

I think that's appalling to appeal what looked like a fair decision by the referee, certainly looked no grounds to appeal. Will this mean extra game suspension, and do they charge for an unsuccessful appeal?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Southend A on 18:42 - Sep 9 with 1427 views442Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 18:17 - Sep 9 by D_Alien

Embarrassing

Bet they're dead pleased it was included in the match report.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024