Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Southend A 14:18 - Sep 2 with 32925 views442Dale

[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 14:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Southend A on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 3319 viewsPeaky

Agree with that addict. A solid, defencive, team performance. Moore was fantastic but could work on distribution (can see what he is doing with the quick release though). Brilliant penalty save and commanded the box. Back line all work today and seemed much more balanced. Both Williams put in strong performances and overall again the team gave 110%. We are going to need goals but for an away performance and minus the sending off, that is battle plan perfectly executed.
Match thread: Southend A on 17:44 - Sep 2 with 3312 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Southend A on 17:35 - Sep 2 by DaleAddict

I hope the author of the ridiculous post about Moore's credentials after just one game a) watched today's game and b) has the courage to admit, minimally, that he leapt to a very hasty conclusion, even if he felt it was a valid one. Equally, Moore's performance today doesn't make him a world beater but a penalty save and consistently excellent handling of everything that came his way more than made for his poor distribution. The fact that the only challenging save he had to make came from the penalty spot is also tribute to the ten in front of him, including traditional boo boys canavan and mcnulty, who were as solid as anyone else. We wouldn't have scored if we'd been given 24 hours to do so, but that's something to address another day. I'd have taken a point before kick off, and to get one now, under the circumstances, is a big step in the right direction and I think it showed in Hill's reaction at the final whistle in front of the hardy band of travelling supporters.

We had a very good shot stopping and handling keeper whose distribution was one of the worst I've ever seen.

He has made a decent career for himself since!
Match thread: Southend A on 18:06 - Sep 2 with 3182 views442Dale

Hill was critical on GMR about the referee.

Mention was made that from the press box some thought Henderson got the ball and their player made a bit of a meal of it, this led to Hill mentioning the ref talking to Brown on the touchline and them appearing to having a "cuddle".

Match thread: Southend A on 18:32 - Sep 2 with 3043 viewsBobbyjoe

Match thread: Southend A on 18:06 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

Hill was critical on GMR about the referee.

Mention was made that from the press box some thought Henderson got the ball and their player made a bit of a meal of it, this led to Hill mentioning the ref talking to Brown on the touchline and them appearing to having a "cuddle".

He left the ground. You can't do it. Irrelevant that he got the ball. You don't have to agree with the rules, but you do have to know them!
Match thread: Southend A on 18:35 - Sep 2 with 3028 views442Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 18:32 - Sep 2 by Bobbyjoe

He left the ground. You can't do it. Irrelevant that he got the ball. You don't have to agree with the rules, but you do have to know them!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/110

Ridiculous challenge. To try and claim otherwise would be quite strange.

Match thread: Southend A on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 2985 views1mark1

Match thread: Southend A on 18:35 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/110

Ridiculous challenge. To try and claim otherwise would be quite strange.

Totally agree. If that had been the other way round, I have no doubt that we would be calling for their player to be sent off.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Southend A on 18:45 - Sep 2 with 2973 views1mark1

Match thread: Southend A on 18:32 - Sep 2 by Bobbyjoe

Absolutely. Terrible challenge, un necessary, and made even worse by the fact it was by our very experienced captain.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Southend A on 18:52 - Sep 2 with 2938 viewsSaxonDale

It looks much worse from that angle than it did at the game- you can't tell that he got he ball in that image and that there was minimal/no contact on the player. There certainly however seems to be less control in the tackle than I originally thought. Henderson shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Southend A on 19:17 - Sep 2 with 2828 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Southend A on 18:52 - Sep 2 by SaxonDale

It looks much worse from that angle than it did at the game- you can't tell that he got he ball in that image and that there was minimal/no contact on the player. There certainly however seems to be less control in the tackle than I originally thought. Henderson shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make.

Even from that angle he got the ball then their lad got clipped (sorry, shot) in the follow through.

It was however 2 feet off the ground and that is known to every player in the world as a red card.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Southend A on 19:20 - Sep 2 with 2821 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 18:45 - Sep 2 by 1mark1

Absolutely. Terrible challenge, un necessary, and made even worse by the fact it was by our very experienced captain.

RAFC: Please don't appeal this decision ?

Waste of money/time.
Match thread: Southend A on 20:30 - Sep 2 with 2594 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Anyone without a 'we hate Hendo agenda' will see that his trailing leg was behind him and was at least a foot away from the player, when he won the ball:

Paddy McCourt was the king of the two footed block, wingers used to stand on the touch line and wait for the ball, perhaps expecting them to tackle like Roy Keane/Peter Reid is expecting a bit to much!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Match thread: Southend A on 20:59 - Sep 2 with 2489 views442Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 20:30 - Sep 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Anyone without a 'we hate Hendo agenda' will see that his trailing leg was behind him and was at least a foot away from the player, when he won the ball:

Paddy McCourt was the king of the two footed block, wingers used to stand on the touch line and wait for the ball, perhaps expecting them to tackle like Roy Keane/Peter Reid is expecting a bit to much!

It's more of a 'we hate Hendo getting stupid red cards' agenda.

Match thread: Southend A on 21:00 - Sep 2 with 2479 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Southend A on 20:30 - Sep 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

He leaves the ground, shows his studs and jumps in. Red card all day.
Match thread: Southend A on 21:07 - Sep 2 with 2450 views49thseason

Looking at those highlights, the Southend player who goes through Moore just after the penalty commits just as bad a foul as Henderson in clear sight of the Referee but gets nothing. neither of Henderson's feet actually connect with the Southend player whose "injury" was caused by his running into Hendersons trailing leg after the ball has gone. Only the intervention of the linesman who is running down the line and glancing over his shoulder causes the sending off ... Yellow maybe hardly a Red.
Match thread: Southend A on 21:34 - Sep 2 with 2347 views442Dale

Match thread: Southend A on 21:07 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

Looking at those highlights, the Southend player who goes through Moore just after the penalty commits just as bad a foul as Henderson in clear sight of the Referee but gets nothing. neither of Henderson's feet actually connect with the Southend player whose "injury" was caused by his running into Hendersons trailing leg after the ball has gone. Only the intervention of the linesman who is running down the line and glancing over his shoulder causes the sending off ... Yellow maybe hardly a Red.

Henderson's challenge is best viewed in slow-motion or via freeze-frame. Look at the point both feet are off the floor.

The worst thing about it is how unnecessary it was considering where the ball was on the pitch.

Match thread: Southend A on 21:43 - Sep 2 with 2312 viewsDaleAddict

I didn't think I had a "hate Hendo agenda" (provided us with some truly wonderful moments and no doubt will again this season) but I must have, because you just can't tackle like that.

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Match thread: Southend A on 22:08 - Sep 2 with 2219 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread: Southend A on 21:07 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

....its people like you who are partly to blame for these red cards, you are actually encouraging Hendo to carry on, i don't like keep bringing Stevie Wonder into refereeing decisions because it doesn't seem fair, but yet again i'm left with no alternative,cheers.Red card all day.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 22:12]
Match thread: Southend A on 22:08 - Sep 2 with 2221 viewsleedsdale

Match thread: Southend A on 21:34 - Sep 2 by 442Dale

Henderson's challenge is best viewed in slow-motion or via freeze-frame. Look at the point both feet are off the floor.

The worst thing about it is how unnecessary it was considering where the ball was on the pitch.

As bluejonnyvimto on twitter has kindly done:

Although he wins the ball, any challenge like this now is a guaranteed red card.
Match thread: Southend A on 22:25 - Sep 2 with 2138 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread: Southend A on 22:08 - Sep 2 by leedsdale

As bluejonnyvimto on twitter has kindly done:

Although he wins the ball, any challenge like this now is a guaranteed red card.

Played 25 years plus and never even knew how to tackle 2 footed. Never saw a reason I would want or need to. Tbh he is pampered to like a child. Club captain is an example not a joke. I would see him go Jan as I get the impression he is more interested in his pyramid selling than football

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread: Southend A on 22:39 - Sep 2 with 2101 viewsSaxonDale

Hoping to see that still of Hendo photoshopped into numerous images in the future.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 22:46]
Match thread: Southend A on 23:01 - Sep 2 with 2025 viewsscarrow

Cox was booked for the challenge on Moore.
Henderson has to be sent off. It doesn't matter whether he won the ball or not, intent can get you sent off. Leaping off the ground like that makes the officials mind up and shows 'intent' to injure the opposition player.

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Southend A on 23:09 - Sep 2 with 2000 viewsKenBoon

Do players even learn how to tackle nowadays? Clamping down on dangerous tackling seems to have just led to lots of players have no idea how to tackle safely.

Their lad who slid uncontrollably into our keepers head just after he'd saved his penalty should have walked too. Horrendous 'challenge'. Considering where he was on the pitch you could argue there was malice and not just stupidity in it. He couldn't possibly have done anything but slide the ball out of play had he somehow won it. If Moore had rolled around like Henderson's victim then maybe he would have gone. Perhaps because their player held their hand up it was ok?
Match thread: Southend A on 23:13 - Sep 2 with 1979 viewsTipperaryDale

Just seen in and it's a horrendous tackle. Clearly premeditated to injure the player - look at how he jumps into it. Clear red.

Do we have a discipline problem at the club? Last season's record was one of the worst I remember. Two reds so far this and numerous penalties.
Match thread: Southend A on 23:19 - Sep 2 with 1958 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend A on 23:13 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

Just seen in and it's a horrendous tackle. Clearly premeditated to injure the player - look at how he jumps into it. Clear red.

Do we have a discipline problem at the club? Last season's record was one of the worst I remember. Two reds so far this and numerous penalties.

Which raises another issue. After Keane's red card, he was sidelined for longer than his ban - and perhaps rightly so

Unless the same happens to Hendo, it'll lead to splits in the dressing room - one law for him, another for the rest

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Southend A on 23:30 - Sep 2 with 1922 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread: Southend A on 23:13 - Sep 2 by TipperaryDale

You can't say that though it makes you anti Hendo/anti the Club. First viewing just screams red card and its been going on too long now, why make that challenge in that area of the pitch and stuff your team mates? Hendos got form for it, bury and Wigan away are two examples straight away, fouls commited in neutral areas of the pitch for no particular reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024