Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morecambe Crowd 15:48 - Nov 22 with 2810 viewsRAFC_1990

927 last night, with I imagine 100/200 from Crewe. I dont think Ive ever seen a FL crowd under a 1,000.

I remember them getting over 2,000 most weeks, Accrington are struggling too despite being 3rd.

Its a shame the people of these towns aren't turning out to support there local professional football team

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Morecambe Crowd on 15:54 - Nov 22 with 2798 viewsTVOS1907

I think it's been coming for a while for Morecambe. Their crowds have dropped year on year, even more so since they moved to their new ground.

I could see them being one of the bottom two this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Morecambe Crowd on 16:00 - Nov 22 with 2784 viewsEllDale

Some of us have had the distinction on several occasions of being in a sub-1000 crowd FL attendance.
You can hear every shout from the pitch.
And they can hear you.
Soul destroying and depressing.
Morecambe Crowd on 17:40 - Nov 22 with 2655 viewsBURYFC_1885

Accrington have certainly had a couple over recent years on Tuesday nights. Mansfield and Burton Albion at home attracted less than 1,000. Chester also managed a sub 1,000 in 2009 as they were heading out of the football league.

205 Crewe fans in attendance at the globe last night leaves 722 home fans. Accrington managed 1,008 home fans.

Morecambe's crowds have been steadily declining since they relocated from Christie Park (A much better ground in my opinion) and they usually attract around 1,100-1,200 home fans on a Saturday these days.

A quick read on the Morecambe messageboard reveals the low crowd hasn't gone unnoticed. Some interesting comments.

Just 1,200 home fans at Crawley too.

Bury managed 2,600 home fans last night which given the current predicament I thought was a respectable effort.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 17:41]
Morecambe Crowd on 17:48 - Nov 22 with 2636 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe Crowd on 17:40 - Nov 22 by BURYFC_1885

Accrington have certainly had a couple over recent years on Tuesday nights. Mansfield and Burton Albion at home attracted less than 1,000. Chester also managed a sub 1,000 in 2009 as they were heading out of the football league.

205 Crewe fans in attendance at the globe last night leaves 722 home fans. Accrington managed 1,008 home fans.

Morecambe's crowds have been steadily declining since they relocated from Christie Park (A much better ground in my opinion) and they usually attract around 1,100-1,200 home fans on a Saturday these days.

A quick read on the Morecambe messageboard reveals the low crowd hasn't gone unnoticed. Some interesting comments.

Just 1,200 home fans at Crawley too.

Bury managed 2,600 home fans last night which given the current predicament I thought was a respectable effort.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 17:41]

How many were logged onto the Rochdale messageboard?

[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 17:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morecambe Crowd on 18:03 - Nov 22 with 2596 viewsBURYFC_1885

Morecambe Crowd on 17:48 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

How many were logged onto the Rochdale messageboard?

[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 17:58]

My account doesn't log out if that helps, its signed in at all times.

Also just like to add regarding the crowds point, not so much in Morecambes case, but credit must go to the Accrington board and John Coleman for keeping Accrington in the football league for coming on 12 years. They've regularly been at the upper ends of the league table during that time despite crowds of 1,000 - 1,400 and no major transfer fees to fall back on. They've cut their cloth accordingly and managed to maintain a competitive squad. It's a shame the crowds still don't come to reward their exemplary efforts.
Morecambe Crowd on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 2565 views442Dale

Morecambe Crowd on 18:03 - Nov 22 by BURYFC_1885

Also just like to add regarding the crowds point, not so much in Morecambes case, but credit must go to the Accrington board and John Coleman for keeping Accrington in the football league for coming on 12 years. They've regularly been at the upper ends of the league table during that time despite crowds of 1,000 - 1,400 and no major transfer fees to fall back on. They've cut their cloth accordingly and managed to maintain a competitive squad. It's a shame the crowds still don't come to reward their exemplary efforts.

Excellent point. There's a lot to be said for clubs who cut their cloth accordingly and still look to compete. It makes their achievements mean so much more.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Morecambe Crowd on 18:25 - Nov 22 with 2554 viewsD_Alien

"My account doesn't log out if that helps, its signed in at all times."

Nope, that's bullshit

Good point about the Accy board though

Morecambe Crowd on 18:28 - Nov 22 with 2544 views442Dale

Morecambe Crowd on 18:25 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

"My account doesn't log out if that helps, its signed in at all times."

Nope, that's bullshit

Good point about the Accy board though

It's true you can always stay logged in, however if a name appears as online at the bottom of the board it means that poster has visited the page in the last 10/15 mins.

Login to get fewer ads

Morecambe Crowd on 18:42 - Nov 22 with 2505 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe Crowd on 18:28 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

It's true you can always stay logged in, however if a name appears as online at the bottom of the board it means that poster has visited the page in the last 10/15 mins.

And using the "Who's Online" option in the header gives a more uptodate view of who's chosen to visit this forum

I always like to see who's online during games, since many people who rarely post tend to log in/visit, especially when things are happening on the pitch. That's why I was surprised to see our friend from Bury being curious about what we were saying, whilst the Bury game unfolded - presumably - in front of him. It's not an issue, just mildly amusing

Morecambe Crowd on 18:44 - Nov 22 with 2498 views442Dale

Morecambe Crowd on 18:28 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

It's ten minutes, as illustrated in the copy and paste from a couple of minutes ago. All the below have been online and may or may not have read this thread in the last ten minutes and may or may not be replying to it.

Online now: 1907 1949er 442Dale ArthurDaley blueblood BURYFC_1885 chalkyncfc Dale23years D_Alien JackFish judd RAFCBLUE surb_dale TVOS1907 ValleySaddler and 123 guests have all visited the site in the last ten minutes

Morecambe Crowd on 18:47 - Nov 22 with 2490 viewsBURYFC_1885

Morecambe Crowd on 18:42 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

And using the "Who's Online" option in the header gives a more uptodate view of who's chosen to visit this forum

I always like to see who's online during games, since many people who rarely post tend to log in/visit, especially when things are happening on the pitch. That's why I was surprised to see our friend from Bury being curious about what we were saying, whilst the Bury game unfolded - presumably - in front of him. It's not an issue, just mildly amusing

No I wasn't at the game last night. I was checking the scores online and just browsing through, nothing untoward. I read a lot of messageboards of different clubs, sometimes you come accross some interesting insight.
Morecambe Crowd on 18:52 - Nov 22 with 2479 views442Dale

Morecambe Crowd on 18:47 - Nov 22 by BURYFC_1885

No I wasn't at the game last night. I was checking the scores online and just browsing through, nothing untoward. I read a lot of messageboards of different clubs, sometimes you come accross some interesting insight.

You really do, that's why your thoughts on Accrington were deserving of praise.

Morecambe Crowd on 19:43 - Nov 22 with 2394 viewsTVOS1907

Absolutely. You can only admire clubs who cut their cloth accordingly.

Morecambe Crowd on 21:50 - Nov 22 with 2252 viewsShun

Morecambe Crowd on 18:44 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

It's ten minutes, as illustrated in the copy and paste from a couple of minutes ago. All the below have been online and may or may not have read this thread in the last ten minutes and may or may not be replying to it.

Online now: 1907 1949er 442Dale ArthurDaley blueblood BURYFC_1885 chalkyncfc Dale23years D_Alien JackFish judd RAFCBLUE surb_dale TVOS1907 ValleySaddler and 123 guests have all visited the site in the last ten minutes

Who on earth is JackFish?!
Morecambe Crowd on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 2242 viewsTVOS1907

Morecambe Crowd on 21:50 - Nov 22 by Shun

Who on earth is JackFish?!

BillyThe's brother.

Morecambe Crowd on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 2187 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe Crowd on 21:59 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

BillyThe's brother.

I've heard there's another brother, who they never see

Stando

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024