Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game off!! 10:53 - Feb 10 with 7661 viewsdale4ever

Game off.
Game off!! on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 1992 viewsMoonyDale

Game off!! on 11:50 - Feb 10 by Laveritty

Anybody know whether the ticket office is remaining open this afternoon for the sale of Spurs tickets? Was planning to go up and get mine just in case by some miracle the club manage to get the pitch sorted/relaid and the game goes ahead!

No, waterlogged office.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Game off!! on 11:59 - Feb 10 with 1980 viewsrafc1977

Game off!! on 11:51 - Feb 10 by BlueDales

Hear hear

Wonder if the intention was for game to be off to either give more time to replace the pitch, or to twist the hands of the financial providers to give us some pennies?

Stupidity to send that tweet out, given the weather report and the fact the pitch hasn't been covered for the past 24 hour's.

Out of curiosity, if the game is moved to Wembley (or anywhere else for that matter) and someone who's already purchased a ticket doesn't want to go/cant make it due to location, are they able to get a refund?
Game off!! on 12:06 - Feb 10 with 1918 viewsShun

Utterly embarrassing.
Game off!! on 12:12 - Feb 10 with 1877 viewsTVOS1907

Game off!! on 11:11 - Feb 10 by paulscho

Never stops raining I'm afraid....I think a few of you might be missing that

Like ever since time began, you mean?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game off!! on 13:06 - Feb 10 with 1718 views442Dale

Game off!! on 12:12 - Feb 10 by TVOS1907

Like ever since time began, you mean?

427 days rain in Rochdale in the last month.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game off!! on 14:09 - Feb 10 with 1601 views1mark1

The point made about the amount of rainfall in Rochdale, well it’s a case of the Club making sure it has the relevant pitch for the LOCAL conditions! Yes us locals know it’s wet here, a lot, we get pissed through enough to know that!

I have seen posts about liaising with a firm that sorts Wembley and other such pitches out. Bollox to that. We need a pitch relevant to conditions HERE not in North London, where the weather conditions are quite a lot different. It need to be a pitch including drainage that can cope with lack of sunshine ☀️ and plenty of precipitation ☔️, and if that means not being like a snooker table surface, so be it. It needs a one off super investment, that puts down a surface that along with appropriate maintenance will last for years, that appropriate maintenance being putting down relevant covers, rain or frost, when required, and if necessary paying for the dome type covers IF possible. Of course the right pitch might not require so much coverage, but no harm having it, as when it is raining it is not sunny, so would make no difference as far as growth of grass.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Game off!! on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 1574 viewsTVOS1907

Game off!! on 14:09 - Feb 10 by 1mark1

The point made about the amount of rainfall in Rochdale, well it’s a case of the Club making sure it has the relevant pitch for the LOCAL conditions! Yes us locals know it’s wet here, a lot, we get pissed through enough to know that!

I have seen posts about liaising with a firm that sorts Wembley and other such pitches out. Bollox to that. We need a pitch relevant to conditions HERE not in North London, where the weather conditions are quite a lot different. It need to be a pitch including drainage that can cope with lack of sunshine ☀️ and plenty of precipitation ☔️, and if that means not being like a snooker table surface, so be it. It needs a one off super investment, that puts down a surface that along with appropriate maintenance will last for years, that appropriate maintenance being putting down relevant covers, rain or frost, when required, and if necessary paying for the dome type covers IF possible. Of course the right pitch might not require so much coverage, but no harm having it, as when it is raining it is not sunny, so would make no difference as far as growth of grass.

Don't you think a firm that deals with somewhere Wembley might have the sort of credentials to work on any pitch anywhere in the country/world?

It would be like Keith Hill not taking advice off Pochettino next week because he doesn't have to work with Premier League players.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game off!! on 14:23 - Feb 10 with 1537 views1mark1

Would hope so, but I am not presuming either way, just that the only reference to grounds made where the likes of Wembley and Twickenham. Just making point that it has to be totally relevant to local conditions, and not about trying to lay down a Premiership style carpet of a pitch.

Oh yes, I definitely think that the Spurs Manager will be giving Hill advice for next weekend. 😀

[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 14:55]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Game off!! on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 1502 viewsdingdangblue

Game off!! on 14:15 - Feb 10 by TVOS1907

Don't you think a firm that deals with somewhere Wembley might have the sort of credentials to work on any pitch anywhere in the country/world?

It would be like Keith Hill not taking advice off Pochettino next week because he doesn't have to work with Premier League players.

This is the Wembley pitch. I'm sure the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool will have the same. You are looking at £500k

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Game off!! on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 1465 viewsD_Alien

Game off!! on 14:15 - Feb 10 by TVOS1907

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game off!! on 15:32 - Feb 10 with 1361 viewsCanadaDale

It’s pretty embarrassing that the club go to bat in the national media to defend the hard work that’s been done and to say the pitch isn’t as bad as its being made out. To go and call the game off the next day because it’s not fit to play football on.
What also pisses me off is that there’s no mention of any concern that the game is in doubt beforehand, as if they don’t have access to the weather report.
Wasn’t the drill and fill process we did supposed to help the drainage of future games so that we could start clearing this backlog of games that are piling up?
Extra cranky this morning here in Canada because the game kicks off at 8am here and having worked late last night and only getting a few hours sleep before the game is due to start, I would have greatly appreciated a heads up from the club on the matter beforehand.
Everything at the club just seems a bit amateurish this season, which is a shame because there’s been a lot of excellent work and progress made at the club over the last 10years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024