Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs - Sold out 11:17 - Feb 12 with 17963 viewschuckleberry

Info from club staff
Spurs - Sold out on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 4624 viewsDaleiLama

Spurs - Sold out on 14:56 - Feb 12 by dingdangblue

We've given Leeds,Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest the whole away stand in recent cup games so it makes sense. We beat 2 of those 😉

.................. whispering .............. Stoke ............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Spurs - Sold out on 15:44 - Feb 12 with 4464 viewsJames1980

Spurs - Sold out on 14:58 - Feb 12 by DaleiLama

.................. whispering .............. Stoke ............

A mate of mine always commiserated when we drew Stoke, saying they are one of the worse/trickiest sides a lower league club could face in a cup tie

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Spurs - Sold out on 15:48 - Feb 12 with 4432 viewsDaleiLama

Spurs - Sold out on 15:44 - Feb 12 by James1980

A mate of mine always commiserated when we drew Stoke, saying they are one of the worse/trickiest sides a lower league club could face in a cup tie

They cheated

Cathartic release of any lingering pain, like squeezing a teenage spot before going out on the pull.

Spurs - Sold out on 18:19 - Feb 12 with 4160 views442Dale

Spurs - Sold out on 13:49 - Feb 12 by 442Dale

For reference, from here:
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/03/meeting-with-the-directors-answers-to-members

<<"The capacity of Spotland is :
Total 9961
Sandy Lane 1898
Main Stand 1921
Willbutts Lane 3549
Pearl Street 2593

These numbers are subject to restrictions including such aspects as segregation areas dictated by police etc.">>
Those figures were from the club 3 years ago.

The attendance v Darlington in the play-offs was 9870 with segregation in place in the Willbutts.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/rochdale-v-spurs-ticket-details-120218/

Allocation 3468. Cameras level with the penalty area will have seen a few seats lost.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spurs - Sold out on 20:48 - Feb 12 with 3916 viewsblackvincent

Spurs - Sold out on 14:56 - Feb 12 by dingdangblue

We've given Leeds,Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest the whole away stand in recent cup games so it makes sense. We beat 2 of those 😉

I can't agree with the whole of the Willbutts for Spurs if there are any Dale fans now denied a ticket. The fact that its been done in the past is not relevant, every match is different, this is a unique sell out where home advantage risks being squandered and a good number of Dale fans denied access. Where would any club expect to be allocated 30% of the gate? I can't imagine any premiership club allocating this to any visiting fans. It doesn't happen. I feel for the fans who will now have to watch on telly and have no doubt it will be a great atmosphere but the Willbutts allocation would have benefited from a more nuanced and measured approach in my view.
Spurs - Sold out on 20:55 - Feb 12 with 3879 viewsnordenblue

Spurs - Sold out on 20:48 - Feb 12 by blackvincent

I can't agree with the whole of the Willbutts for Spurs if there are any Dale fans now denied a ticket. The fact that its been done in the past is not relevant, every match is different, this is a unique sell out where home advantage risks being squandered and a good number of Dale fans denied access. Where would any club expect to be allocated 30% of the gate? I can't imagine any premiership club allocating this to any visiting fans. It doesn't happen. I feel for the fans who will now have to watch on telly and have no doubt it will be a great atmosphere but the Willbutts allocation would have benefited from a more nuanced and measured approach in my view.

This good number of Dale fans you talk of being denied access,where have they all been since we went to Wembley,we will be backed by more than double our normal home attendance and nearly treble for some games.

Some folk will have missed out,and that will always happen, but in my opinion the club have done very well and based the availability of tickets in a fair priority
Spurs - Sold out on 21:04 - Feb 12 with 3840 viewsDaleiLama

Spurs - Sold out on 20:55 - Feb 12 by nordenblue

This good number of Dale fans you talk of being denied access,where have they all been since we went to Wembley,we will be backed by more than double our normal home attendance and nearly treble for some games.

Some folk will have missed out,and that will always happen, but in my opinion the club have done very well and based the availability of tickets in a fair priority

And any one of those "good number" would have been guaranteed a ticket after going to watch the Millwall replay.

Spurs - Sold out on 21:10 - Feb 12 with 3816 viewsdingdangblue

Spurs - Sold out on 20:48 - Feb 12 by blackvincent

As has been said - if we'd have given Spurs 1500 tickets the there would have been a whole empty block unsold for segregation - not good - extra stewards, extra police. 6500 Rochdale fans is more than enough allocation looking at our 'usual' home attendance. Season ticket holders and everyone who bothered to support Dale in the Millwall replay will be there - there was plenty notice given to guarantee a Spurs ticket should we get through - go to the replay or even just get a replay ticket just for the voucher which quite a few people did. At least it's available on BBC for anyone who couldn't get a ticket.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs - Sold out on 21:10 - Feb 12 with 3817 viewsDaley_Lama

Or visited the club before approx 14:00 today.

Poll: DF in or out

Spurs - Sold out on 21:12 - Feb 12 with 3812 viewsblackvincent

Spurs - Sold out on 20:55 - Feb 12 by nordenblue

Its a mistake to fall for the 'us and them'. Dale want to attract more local fans and this is an opportunity quite apart from the fact that its perverse to somehow penalise locals who do want to go. If one Dale fan is denied its one too many. More significantly, its the proportions. Where we aren't going to fill the ground then it makes financial sense, where we have the potential to do so with fewer away fans particularly in the cup then it doesn't. It also reduces the impact of the local support. I wonder if the Dale received anything like 30% at any of our away games.
Spurs - Sold out on 21:20 - Feb 12 with 3769 viewsTVOS1907

Spurs - Sold out on 21:12 - Feb 12 by blackvincent

Its a mistake to fall for the 'us and them'. Dale want to attract more local fans and this is an opportunity quite apart from the fact that its perverse to somehow penalise locals who do want to go. If one Dale fan is denied its one too many. More significantly, its the proportions. Where we aren't going to fill the ground then it makes financial sense, where we have the potential to do so with fewer away fans particularly in the cup then it doesn't. It also reduces the impact of the local support. I wonder if the Dale received anything like 30% at any of our away games.

You're confusing 'Dale fans' with 'People from Rochdale who want to see Spurs at Spotland'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Spurs - Sold out on 21:28 - Feb 12 with 3725 viewsnordenblue

Spurs - Sold out on 21:12 - Feb 12 by blackvincent

For a potential additional 1000 ish floating fans to be housed right next to the away fans in the same stand,how much extra does it cost to police/steward and how many further empty seats does it require for segregation again another loss in revenue?

If the very same people were that bothered to make the Spurs fixture they all had the same opportunity to go to the replay knowing the priority for tickets sales,but decided not to,they then cant complain when the folk who got off their arse on a freezing winter night to attend the replay made the cut for Spurs tickets....
Spurs - Sold out on 21:41 - Feb 12 with 3664 viewsDaley_Lama

Looked at a different way.

Every single person in the away stand will be a season ticket holder. Loyal football fans.

The magic of the cup works both ways and I would rather they get to watch their team than 1000 extra ‘Rochdalians’ who have/will never set foot into Spotland again.

Obv i have sympathy forcanybody loyal who is missing out but there will be over 6000 home fans, more than double our average home support or the attendance v Millwall.

Day trippers are day trippers
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:42]

Poll: DF in or out

Spurs - Sold out on 21:44 - Feb 12 with 3641 viewsDalenet

Spurs - Sold out on 21:41 - Feb 12 by Daley_Lama

Looked at a different way.

Every single person in the away stand will be a season ticket holder. Loyal football fans.

The magic of the cup works both ways and I would rather they get to watch their team than 1000 extra ‘Rochdalians’ who have/will never set foot into Spotland again.

Obv i have sympathy forcanybody loyal who is missing out but there will be over 6000 home fans, more than double our average home support or the attendance v Millwall.

Day trippers are day trippers
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:42]

I am not sure that is true. Haven't Spurs put them on open sale tonight
Spurs - Sold out on 21:50 - Feb 12 with 3606 viewsTVOS1907

Spurs - Sold out on 21:44 - Feb 12 by Dalenet

Not according to their posters on here.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Spurs - Sold out on 21:51 - Feb 12 with 3600 viewsInPeace

Spurs - Sold out on 21:44 - Feb 12 by Dalenet

No - our allocation is fully sold out to season ticket holders.

Our last away game which wasn't oversubscribed by season ticket holders was Sunderland on a Tuesday night - last January I think!
Spurs - Sold out on 22:15 - Feb 12 with 3534 viewsoff2div1

Spurs - Sold out on 21:51 - Feb 12 by InPeace

No - our allocation is fully sold out to season ticket holders.

Our last away game which wasn't oversubscribed by season ticket holders was Sunderland on a Tuesday night - last January I think!

How may did you sell for Sunderland .If it was less than 3,500 we must be a bigger draw.
Spurs - Sold out on 23:21 - Feb 12 with 3394 viewsBendy

Spurs - Sold out on 14:08 - Feb 12 by 442Dale

Bit of a search on here...

-------------------------
From the back of a ticket in 2006... so obviously things will probably have changed a bit:

Main Stand: 1772
Pearl St: 2584
Sandy Lane: 1898
Wilbutts: 3644
Disabled areas: 72
Press/directors area: 78
Exec boxes: 202

Ticket says total capacity 10,204, but add up the above and it's 10,250!
------------------------

So in 9 years we have gained 9 seats in the Pearl Street. Dale fans in the year 8018 will have quite the choice when we next draw a big side at home.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. My guess is that they are now counted in different ways now. The extra 9 spots in the Pearl Street could be disabled places as in the old figures they were listed separately, and 9 is probably about the right number you could fit in the designated area.

But I know you meant it halfheartedly....
Spurs - Sold out on 07:59 - Feb 13 with 3153 viewsInPeace

Spurs - Sold out on 22:15 - Feb 12 by off2div1

How may did you sell for Sunderland .If it was less than 3,500 we must be a bigger draw.

You only get 3,000 for Premier League away games so this will be our biggest following for a while.
Spurs - Sold out on 08:18 - Feb 13 with 3111 viewsDaleFan7

I'd much rather see 3,500 'proper' football fans than 1,500 'proper' football fans, a load of netting then 1,000 plastic football fans in the Willbutts tbh.
Spurs - Sold out on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 2833 viewsD_Alien

Spurs - Sold out on 14:02 - Feb 12 by MoonyDale

Already been told of a ticket today on sale for £200. Anyone offering one at that price needs their fkin knuckles busting....

Not surprised at this

When I was walking towards the ticket office last Saturday afternoon, a couple of unsavoury* looking blokes whose first language wasn't English asked me where it was - obviously their first visit to the ground. I hung around for a minute when they went to the ticket window after me and were told they'd have to wait until Monday when tickets went on open sale. They didn't look happy about it, to say the least. Wouldn't surprise me if they were first in the queue on Monday

* no idea what flavour, but looked like they'd done some knuckle-busting themselves
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 14:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spurs - Sold out on 14:46 - Feb 13 with 2798 viewsMoonyDale

Spurs - Sold out on 14:36 - Feb 13 by D_Alien

Not surprised at this

When I was walking towards the ticket office last Saturday afternoon, a couple of unsavoury* looking blokes whose first language wasn't English asked me where it was - obviously their first visit to the ground. I hung around for a minute when they went to the ticket window after me and were told they'd have to wait until Monday when tickets went on open sale. They didn't look happy about it, to say the least. Wouldn't surprise me if they were first in the queue on Monday

* no idea what flavour, but looked like they'd done some knuckle-busting themselves

There have been quite a few sold over Facebook that I have seen, for between £30 and £70....Unsure if the £200 one sold, would have been cheaper to get one of the £95 meal/ticket combo hospitality ones that were left...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Spurs - Sold out on 14:48 - Feb 13 with 2784 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Spurs - Sold out on 14:36 - Feb 13 by D_Alien

Not surprised at this

Sound like bury fans wanting to see a proper match?
Spurs - Sold out on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 2455 viewsBobbyjoe

I don't think there'll be many "tourists" there. Anyone who's managed to get tickets has had to put some effort in. My daughter got two of the last Sandy tickets, after making 30-odd phone calls, trying online then, finally, going down to the club with baby in tow (and she has been to a league game this season!).
Spurs - Sold out on 05:30 - Feb 14 with 2288 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

When was our last official sell out? (Total capacity home and away).

Not Darlo play off certainly, not Northampton promotion game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024