Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 141564 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 16:46 - May 1 with 5022 views2Thomas2Bowles

McClaren incoming on 16:32 - May 1 by robith

Not sure why McClaren would take our job tbh

Easy money won't give a shite if it goes tits up.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren incoming on 16:53 - May 1 with 4983 viewsNW10Hoop

McClaren incoming on 16:21 - May 1 by hoopdog

Holloway is half way through his job I can't see him walking if he's feeling down over his personal life he can take a months break now to recharge .
If he does go it would be a big mistake imo he would be pushed , and he should be allowed another season to finish the job.
McLaren his stint here he was blessed with a run of easy games fair play he got results but imo the football was dull
[Post edited 1 May 2018 16:25]

McClaren coming in under Holloway could be good.

Don't remember the football being dull when he was coaching though. In fact it seemed to tail off after he left and the rest of the Redknapp promotion season was a bit of a slog. After he went we seemed to always get the first half wrong, make some changes and grind it out.
McClaren incoming on 17:03 - May 1 with 4910 viewsstevec

McClaren incoming on 16:43 - May 1 by robith

Profile wise I get it, but task wise it's a tough one with no money to spend. Unless he's trying to rebrand himself and sees this as a way of proving his developmental credentials, it's a tough gig to take on.

AON: I've not visited WATRB in a while and man alive their new format is easier on the eyes that the mess it was before

It does seem to be better laid out than last time I looked.

Genuine question, are you limited to only a certain number of words on WATRB? Wondered if it operates along the lines of twitter.
McClaren incoming on 17:08 - May 1 with 4887 viewsphilc

McClaren incoming on 16:21 - May 1 by hoopdog

Holloway is half way through his job I can't see him walking if he's feeling down over his personal life he can take a months break now to recharge .
If he does go it would be a big mistake imo he would be pushed , and he should be allowed another season to finish the job.
McLaren his stint here he was blessed with a run of easy games fair play he got results but imo the football was dull
[Post edited 1 May 2018 16:25]

I'm not sure if Olly is the type of person who can take a break, especially with the work to be done over the summer, he is too hands on to let someone else make a decision.

I thought that McLaren did a good job when he was here before and I don't recall the games being particularly easy either, although importantly he was only the coach not the manager.
McClaren incoming on 17:14 - May 1 with 4826 viewsessextaxiboy

If Ollie steps down because of health or personal reasons then I suppose we have to accept it but as has been mentioned Mclaren is a Coach not a Manager and we have gone that way before with Chris Ramsey ...
McClaren incoming on 17:26 - May 1 with 4762 viewsWatfordR

McClaren incoming on 17:14 - May 1 by essextaxiboy

If Ollie steps down because of health or personal reasons then I suppose we have to accept it but as has been mentioned Mclaren is a Coach not a Manager and we have gone that way before with Chris Ramsey ...

Whilst I'd agree with that, surely the set up with a DoF is supposed to do away with the requirement for a manager?

Without wanting to get involved with the Olly in/out debate, imo it must be a good thing to have the club set up in such a way that doesn't require wholesale changes in coaching management and personnel every time a manager/head coach leaves.
McClaren incoming on 17:41 - May 1 with 4701 viewsPunteR

Well now is the time to do it if they are making a change.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 17:49 - May 1 with 4662 viewsfrancisbowles

Hope that Ollie isn't rushing into a decision whilst he is suffering. Give him a leave of absence starting now. Chris Ramsey and Birch can take the team on Sunday.

We are on a long term rebuilding job and his input has been on the whole very good.
I would hate to see him leave now and us go backwards again. Next season will be tricky anyway with the loss of some senior players and having to bed in their replacements and hope they work out. If he is ok, we need the consistency.

I wouldn't have a problem with Schteve coming in if Ollie does call it a day as I think he might bring our young talent on but where would it leave CR and MB?
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 18:00 - May 1 with 4597 viewsGloucs_R

If Ollie decides to step down, I would be very happy with McLaren. Exactly the type of guy to coach the younger players. Worked miracles in Holland and his win ratio is still pretty good.

Poll: Are we staying up?

McClaren incoming on 18:01 - May 1 with 4607 viewshoopdog

McClaren incoming on 16:53 - May 1 by NW10Hoop

McClaren coming in under Holloway could be good.

Don't remember the football being dull when he was coaching though. In fact it seemed to tail off after he left and the rest of the Redknapp promotion season was a bit of a slog. After he went we seemed to always get the first half wrong, make some changes and grind it out.

The results tailed ! But I thought the football was dull
McClaren incoming on 18:04 - May 1 with 4588 viewsBenny_the_Ball

McClaren incoming on 16:05 - May 1 by kingsburyR

I'm in the Holloway in camp (due to decent end of season) but we were doing good things when McClaren was with us!

Yes as a number 2, not as manager. Disaster if true, I sincerely hope that there's no legs in this.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 18:07]
McClaren incoming on 18:12 - May 1 with 4551 viewsEsox_Lucius

McClaren incoming on 17:49 - May 1 by francisbowles

Hope that Ollie isn't rushing into a decision whilst he is suffering. Give him a leave of absence starting now. Chris Ramsey and Birch can take the team on Sunday.

We are on a long term rebuilding job and his input has been on the whole very good.
I would hate to see him leave now and us go backwards again. Next season will be tricky anyway with the loss of some senior players and having to bed in their replacements and hope they work out. If he is ok, we need the consistency.

I wouldn't have a problem with Schteve coming in if Ollie does call it a day as I think he might bring our young talent on but where would it leave CR and MB?

I think Ramsey is only a temporary member of the first team set up. I am sure that he would head back to his former post if Maclaren joins. Bircham & Campbell may have concerns but I would hope that the GK coach & fitness coach stay as they appear to be doing a very good job. The finances may dictate that they all keep their job as it would be too costly to pay them off and recruit new. As mentioned already, it is a coaching position as Les & Hoos are doing all the background stuff.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren incoming on 18:19 - May 1 with 4510 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mclaren as a coach yes, Maclaren has head coach/manager) absolutely not
McClaren incoming on 18:33 - May 1 with 4444 viewshoopdog

McClaren incoming on 17:08 - May 1 by philc

I'm not sure if Olly is the type of person who can take a break, especially with the work to be done over the summer, he is too hands on to let someone else make a decision.

I thought that McLaren did a good job when he was here before and I don't recall the games being particularly easy either, although importantly he was only the coach not the manager.

Yes I agree he's very hands on but not a lot happens before June and he can always be a phone call away , he doesn't have to be at the club for the Leeds game ,
McClaren incoming on 18:34 - May 1 with 4430 viewsflynnbo

The curse of the Leeds away game. I remember when Ollie went up there really ill when we had the Italian waiter/chancer "running" things-Lee Camp's debut, I believe having joined the team somewhere up the M1 at a service station.
McClaren incoming on 18:52 - May 1 with 4356 viewsTGRRRSSS

His "Queens Park Strangers team"..... was that the game?
McClaren incoming on 18:52 - May 1 with 4356 viewsLblock

McClaren incoming on 18:34 - May 1 by flynnbo

The curse of the Leeds away game. I remember when Ollie went up there really ill when we had the Italian waiter/chancer "running" things-Lee Camp's debut, I believe having joined the team somewhere up the M1 at a service station.

Camp's debut was Hartlepool

That Leeds game was the infamous "Queens Park Strangers" - I think about three players made their one and only appearance for us. One that springs to mind was a Polish full back.

In respect of Scccchhhhteeeve joining he would only be coming as Head man, certainly not to work alongside Bircham.
I actually think if we'd had him and not so many injuries we could be disturbing the play offs as we'd of dispensed with the wing backs with no wing backs system before.

I've said I'd never call for Ollies departure and I'm not, if he's off due to family circumstances then gutted for him - some of the abuse in the firing line wont have helped.

Here we go again........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren incoming on 19:00 - May 1 with 4317 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Ollie - motivation, man-management, passion.

Brollie - coaching, technical nouse

Birch - assistant to Chris Ramsey

If Oliie & Brollie can work together (as equals?), that would suit me fine.
McClaren incoming on 19:07 - May 1 with 4282 viewsLongsufferingR

McClaren incoming on 16:38 - May 1 by Northernr

Not sure his stock is particularly high. Linked briefly with Sheff Wed. Failed at Newcastle (tough job), failed at Derby (like everybody else). His last major success was Twente in 2010 and a brief run with Derby to the play-off final which we boloxed up for them.

...do we need another excuse?:

McClaren incoming on 19:13 - May 1 with 4255 viewsflynnbo

Maybe he can persuade Mr Keogh to come to us as we'll need a centre half and, after all, he is a Ranger.
McClaren incoming on 19:14 - May 1 with 4250 viewssmegma

When/if it happens, then I will comment.

This is WATRBs we're talking about.
McClaren incoming on 20:04 - May 1 with 4090 viewskensalriser

Summer's come early this year.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McClaren incoming on 20:31 - May 1 with 3976 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McClaren incoming on 17:03 - May 1 by stevec

It does seem to be better laid out than last time I looked.

Genuine question, are you limited to only a certain number of words on WATRB? Wondered if it operates along the lines of twitter.

That is surely not a genuine question though?
If so, no.
McClaren incoming on 20:33 - May 1 with 3967 viewsBluce_Ree

I'd take McClaren being our manager.

He won't do particularly well but that's not on him, that's just this fked club of ours. But he'll do relatively less shit than most.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

McClaren incoming on 20:33 - May 1 with 3966 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McClaren incoming on 19:14 - May 1 by smegma

When/if it happens, then I will comment.

This is WATRBs we're talking about.

Don't be a forum snob smeg ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024