Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 141628 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 18:18 - May 15 with 4703 viewsTW_R

McClaren incoming on 12:50 - May 15 by spencer

Interesting. Sack Ollie quick,which, I had no problem with. However I thought this would mean they had a plan B in place. The McLaren rumour came from the WATRBs site I think.The OP has now changed the goalposts as normal. Def signing after last game to, should be next week.

Slightly concerning, but hopefully all in order.

It depends on what you define as "after the last game". Any time from today into August is after the last game.
McClaren incoming on 18:20 - May 15 with 4690 viewsTW_R

McClaren incoming on 16:26 - May 15 by VancouverHoop

If memory serves a "McClaren Consortium takeover" was floated awhile back during one of York City's frequent struggles.

It begs the question that if there was more than a change of on-field management in the offing why would the existing owners have bothered to sack Ollie? Surely it would be the responsibility of the new guys.

This could have been going on for a while!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/former-nottingham-fo
McClaren incoming on 18:54 - May 15 with 4590 viewsDave_Mc

McClaren incoming on 18:11 - May 15 by loftinspace

The WATRB source has been solid so far. Got the Ollie bit, got the SMac bit, on the consortium front we'll know soon enough (I have doubts, because there is a fair bit of uncertainty on the property portfolio plans and of course dear old FFP).

Re D Mc. This was the man who told us recently that Ollie was definitely seeing out next term.....

Rarely post and especially don't like to butt in when I'm mentioned, and not I'm doing it here to dig out loftinspace in any way or anyone else who might have been less than complimentary. Absolutely no problem at all. I come in peace.

Anyway, I get the mick taken out of me by some of the few friends I've got that I'm continually (often on Twitter) being accused of saying things I never said. In fact I'll often have said the total opposite. It's a bit of a standing joke.

So I was roped into a childish bet just after the start of the year that I'd see 50 such examples by the end of the season. I was stuck on 49 for a while and this comes just too late, but cheers loftinspace you've at least taken me to the 50 mark mate!

Apologies for the self-indulgent message!
McClaren incoming on 22:10 - May 15 with 4330 viewskropotkin41

McClaren incoming on 18:20 - May 15 by TW_R

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/former-nottingham-fo

So who could the mysterious money men behind McClaren be? :O

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren incoming on 22:46 - May 15 with 4221 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 22:10 - May 15 by kropotkin41

So who could the mysterious money men behind McClaren be? :O

This is destined to fail/not be true.

The whole thing is bizarre.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 23:02 - May 15 with 4169 viewsLythamR

If memory serves a "McClaren Consortium takeover" was floated awhile back during one of York City's frequent struggles.

It begs the question that if there was more than a change of on-field management in the offing why would the existing owners have bothered to sack Ollie? Surely it would be the responsibility of the new guys.

if (IF) there is some sort of change of ownership happening the incoming owners may have thought it wouldnt be a good start to sack a much loved QPR man as their first bit of business so perhaps they have got Fernades to do it and clear the decks as part of the deal
McClaren incoming on 23:07 - May 15 with 4149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

McClaren incoming on 23:02 - May 15 by LythamR

if (IF) there is some sort of change of ownership happening the incoming owners may have thought it wouldnt be a good start to sack a much loved QPR man as their first bit of business so perhaps they have got Fernades to do it and clear the decks as part of the deal

That is a fair point.

But if a consortium was coming in then they mightn't have McClaren snooping around in such a visible manner either, maybe?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren incoming on 23:12 - May 15 with 4132 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 23:02 - May 15 by LythamR

Surely it would be best for everyone involved to sack Ollie after the takeover, if thats whats happening. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 02:38 - May 16 with 3940 viewsisawqpratwcity

I can only think that the club was likely going to replace Holloway regardless of whatever negotiations that might be taking place. It would pretty cruel to have protracted rumblings involving a high-profile manager that eventually fall over only to then tell Holloway goodbye anyway.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren incoming on 02:42 - May 16 with 3948 viewsHooparoo

McClaren incoming on 02:38 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

I can only think that the club was likely going to replace Holloway regardless of whatever negotiations that might be taking place. It would pretty cruel to have protracted rumblings involving a high-profile manager that eventually fall over only to then tell Holloway goodbye anyway.

More drama at QPR. Who’d have thought it?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

McClaren incoming on 10:41 - May 16 with 3553 viewsrichranger

McClaren incoming on 02:42 - May 16 by Hooparoo

More drama at QPR. Who’d have thought it?

Another ex-England manager looking for a job?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44136661
McClaren incoming on 10:43 - May 16 with 3541 viewsNorthernr

McClaren incoming on 10:41 - May 16 by richranger

Another ex-England manager looking for a job?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44136661

He was on £6m (six. million. pounds.) a year at Everton.
McClaren incoming on 10:57 - May 16 with 3494 viewsGloryHunter

McClaren incoming on 18:20 - May 15 by TW_R

This isn't going to end well.
McClaren incoming on 10:58 - May 16 with 3488 viewskropotkin41

McClaren incoming on 10:57 - May 16 by GloryHunter

This isn't going to end well.

.....And the sooner it does, the better.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren incoming on 11:38 - May 16 with 3361 viewsloftinspace

Pre condition. They hired him, they can sort out the gold watch. Start with clean slate and their own man.
McClaren incoming on 11:50 - May 16 with 3315 viewsisawqpratwcity

McClaren incoming on 11:38 - May 16 by loftinspace

Pre condition. They hired him, they can sort out the gold watch. Start with clean slate and their own man.

But wouldn't that suggest that the negotiations were completed? So why wait a week for the announcement?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

McClaren incoming on 12:43 - May 16 with 3137 viewsBklynRanger

Has he come in yet then? If anybody's come in I haven't seen it.
McClaren incoming on 13:02 - May 16 with 3054 viewsFDC

The lack of coming is becoming comical
McClaren incoming on 13:17 - May 16 with 2952 viewsDorse

McClaren incoming on 13:02 - May 16 by FDC

The lack of coming is becoming comical

It's unbecoming.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

McClaren incoming on 14:04 - May 16 with 2848 viewsNorthernr

Would be nice if they hurried up. I've got end of term report stuff to post and I've re-read my McClaren piece so many times I'm sick of the prat already.
McClaren incoming on 14:12 - May 16 with 2808 viewsstuabd

McClaren incoming on 14:04 - May 16 by Northernr

Would be nice if they hurried up. I've got end of term report stuff to post and I've re-read my McClaren piece so many times I'm sick of the prat already.

If you've got some free time, you could start drafting the 'End of McClaren' article. On top of that, there's always the epic one to get started on when Big Tone finally moves on. That's going to be a corker! Possibly a book deal in there for you.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 14:13]
McClaren incoming on 14:16 - May 16 with 2781 viewsSimonJames

You could always get started on some cutting remarks about the inevitable Millwall, Brentford and Forest away results...

100% of people who drink water will die.

McClaren incoming on 14:19 - May 16 with 2758 viewsrunningman75

I thought the biggest story of the season was the keep off the pitch notification at the end of the season though we are QPR so still time for a gun in the boardroom.
McClaren incoming on 15:06 - May 16 with 2638 viewsted_hendrix

He still aint in yet is he 'heavens to murgatroyd'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

McClaren incoming on 15:30 - May 16 with 2550 viewsloftinspace

McClaren incoming on 11:50 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

But wouldn't that suggest that the negotiations were completed? So why wait a week for the announcement?

No, because in the consortium scenario the Ollie thing is just the prequel. Real negotiations start with QPR Holdings etc = lots to negotiate, %s etc.

All of this assumes the consortium scenario as fact, we don't know that, but the longer it goes on the more likely that becomes. In which case Ollie / SMac becomes back seat stuff.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024