Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Fleetwood, away 13:56 - Aug 18 with 24564 views442Dale

From the Fleetwood bar team was announced and it sounded like Ntlhe and Rathbone have retained their places. Done and MJW on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 2261 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:01 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

Did I not post after the Burton game,

#Sarcasticsadprick.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 7:19]

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 162 views
Dale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Richard?

#Sarcasticsadprick.

Stick to teaching kids

Abuse reported

Thanks Dake23years for taking some of the heat off me stick to your guns, say what you think and don't let them bully you... I've seen some shocking posts in my time I've posted a few myself but I cant ever remember seeing "abuse reported" attached to a post before there are some sensitive souls on here.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:33]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:34 - Aug 18 with 2228 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:29 - Aug 18 by kiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 162 views
Dale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Richard?

#Sarcasticsadprick.

Stick to teaching kids

Abuse reported

Thanks Dake23years for taking some of the heat off me stick to your guns, say what you think and don't let them bully you... I've seen some shocking posts in my time I've posted a few myself but I cant ever remember seeing "abuse reported" attached to a post before there are some sensitive souls on here.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:33]

If you can't see why the post has been reported, it's a poor do.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:35 - Aug 18 with 2224 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:34 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

No I can't see why you reported me.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:37 - Aug 18 with 2215 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:35 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

No I can't see why you reported me.

It's another poor do then.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:38 - Aug 18 with 2204 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:37 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

It's another poor do then.

Is it cause I called you a sarcastic prick

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:40 - Aug 18 with 2191 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:34 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

I had you down for sterner stuff harden up it might be another tough season.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:42 - Aug 18 with 2178 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:38 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

Is it cause I called you a sarcastic prick

It's fine to have disagreements on here, but when it becomes abusive and personal, then it's out of order.

As kiwi posted last night, we may have disagreed over NBLG, but at no point did I say anything abusive to him.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:43 - Aug 18 with 2168 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:40 - Aug 18 by kiwidale

I had you down for sterner stuff harden up it might be another tough season.

It's got nothing to do with the football. I'll be there however good or bad the season is.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:47 - Aug 18 with 2157 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:42 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

It's fine to have disagreements on here, but when it becomes abusive and personal, then it's out of order.

As kiwi posted last night, we may have disagreed over NBLG, but at no point did I say anything abusive to him.

Shame you didn't report any of the abuse I got all last season then.

#manup

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:48 - Aug 18 with 2149 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:47 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

Shame you didn't report any of the abuse I got all last season then.

#manup

Surely you could have done that yourself?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 2122 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:48 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Surely you could have done that yourself?

You know stick and stones and all that shit.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 2071 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:42 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

On a scale of mild to wild the comment was timid at it's worst it can happen during an exchange of views. You prodded him and he responded in the heat of it I'm sure he will regret it. it will be interesting to see how the mods react I'm sure they will be pleased as punch to have to deal with such trivia.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:38 - Aug 18 with 1949 viewsShun

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:01 - Aug 18 by kiwidale

On a scale of mild to wild the comment was timid at it's worst it can happen during an exchange of views. You prodded him and he responded in the heat of it I'm sure he will regret it. it will be interesting to see how the mods react I'm sure they will be pleased as punch to have to deal with such trivia.

The odd ‘prick’ etc. gets thrown about a lot on here and generally that’s tolerated. I think though when it crosses over into revealing details of a poster’s personal life, i.e. their job, then it becomes slightly more sinister and uncalled for.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:41 - Aug 18 with 1940 viewsShun

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:18 - Aug 18 by DaleiLama

I confess I have wondered about the back 5/WBs.

D_Alien posted a good argument for the other day, but have we got the right players for it?

Kgosi seems to be being groomed at LB (?) and Raff seems to be getting subbed a bit recently. And an open question (not having seen all games but harking back to memories from last season) - how good have their final balls into the box been? By playing them forward, is this contributing to the "individual mistakes" at the back? All things which I hope are being pondered.

Not saying 5-3-2 doesn't work, but we seemed to by-pass midfield a lot last year. This was an area of strength in the past. I wouldn't say we won the midfield battle today either.

Also wondering about MJW on the bench. Was very much hoping to see him again today. In a side short of players who can play a killer ball, he may have made a difference?

More questions than answers at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:20]

I have to admit with Kgosi starting today I did feel a glimmer of hope that it was to see whether he could make the LWB spot his own and allow Done to be used further forward. The introduction of Done up front in the second half might give that theory a bit of credence, but it might equally have just been a desperate roll of the dice by Hill.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:47 - Aug 18 with 1897 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:41 - Aug 18 by Shun

I have to admit with Kgosi starting today I did feel a glimmer of hope that it was to see whether he could make the LWB spot his own and allow Done to be used further forward. The introduction of Done up front in the second half might give that theory a bit of credence, but it might equally have just been a desperate roll of the dice by Hill.

Thought Matty did ok up front. On the strength of that, I wouldn't discontinue it as an option.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:17 - Aug 18 with 1818 viewsrochdale_ranger

Thanks to strict GDPR laws and the nature of the forum we all post under pseudonyms and our identities are under wraps. That’s the beauty of it compared to the Facebook fan pages where I’ve seen Dale fans threaten and bully each other over the years when debate got heated. If your stupid enough to reveal who you are, or where you work etc then that’s your look out.

Wasn’t happy with the way we played today but if someone would have said we would of had four points after Burton, Peterborough and Fleetwood away I would of been happy with that. Hill has said our defence is naive and are prone to making poor decisions and silly mistakes. The trouble is it was the same excuse last season. It needs remedying. We aren’t short of cash let’s bring a goal scorer in and an established CB.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:18 - Aug 18 with 1812 viewsjonahwhereru

First timer poster.

Let’s face it Keith has always and will always fancy himself as an alchemist. His ego means he will always be tempted to try and turn base metal players into gold. Ocassionally it works, Done turned into a striker being an example.

I sometimes think without the continual tinkering he would find management mundane.

Steve Claridge said he loved playing for Martin O'Neill because he bought players in with a specific role in mind and told them to go out and do what you are good at. Would like Keith to reign in the experimentation al little (he will never resist it completely) and let the players settle into roles in which they feel comfortable and can flourish in.

There’s gold in them there Hills Keith but does finding the secret formula need be be so complicated?
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:44 - Aug 18 with 1749 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:18 - Aug 18 by jonahwhereru

First timer poster.

Let’s face it Keith has always and will always fancy himself as an alchemist. His ego means he will always be tempted to try and turn base metal players into gold. Ocassionally it works, Done turned into a striker being an example.

I sometimes think without the continual tinkering he would find management mundane.

Steve Claridge said he loved playing for Martin O'Neill because he bought players in with a specific role in mind and told them to go out and do what you are good at. Would like Keith to reign in the experimentation al little (he will never resist it completely) and let the players settle into roles in which they feel comfortable and can flourish in.

There’s gold in them there Hills Keith but does finding the secret formula need be be so complicated?

Good first post!

"base metal players" ..... cue roccydaleian .......

As for the formula for gold - Au. Attack uncompromisingly. Bring back no fear football.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:49 - Aug 18 with 1734 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 22:38 - Aug 18 by Shun

The odd ‘prick’ etc. gets thrown about a lot on here and generally that’s tolerated. I think though when it crosses over into revealing details of a poster’s personal life, i.e. their job, then it becomes slightly more sinister and uncalled for.

Precisely, Shun.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:50 - Aug 18 with 1732 viewsShun

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:18 - Aug 18 by jonahwhereru

First timer poster.

Excellent point in your first paragraph. It could well be Hill’s good track record of converting players into different positions that makes him think he can do it with anyone. These experiments of his have more often than not worked in the past but lately not so much. We all know he’s a proud man, maybe that pride spurs him on to keep making what we see as baffling decisions and won’t allow him to stop them when they clearly aren’t working.

I also agree that I can see him becoming bored if he doesn’t perform these experiments.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:54 - Aug 18 with 1717 viewsoddjob007

Trying to turn “base metal players into gold” will always be Hills downfall.

Done last shone in a Dale team up front with Henderson. Left wing back?
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:55 - Aug 18 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:17 - Aug 18 by rochdale_ranger

Thanks to strict GDPR laws and the nature of the forum we all post under pseudonyms and our identities are under wraps. That’s the beauty of it compared to the Facebook fan pages where I’ve seen Dale fans threaten and bully each other over the years when debate got heated. If your stupid enough to reveal who you are, or where you work etc then that’s your look out.

Wasn’t happy with the way we played today but if someone would have said we would of had four points after Burton, Peterborough and Fleetwood away I would of been happy with that. Hill has said our defence is naive and are prone to making poor decisions and silly mistakes. The trouble is it was the same excuse last season. It needs remedying. We aren’t short of cash let’s bring a goal scorer in and an established CB.

But, in the case of this particular thread, nobody has revealed where they work.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 0:00]

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:59 - Aug 18 with 1700 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:49 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Precisely, Shun.

Why on earth would you reveal personal details. It’s just dumb. The internet can bring out the worst in people. The readership of this forum numbers in the thousands how do you know your not going to rub a reader up the wrong way let alone someone who posts. And to be fair “ stick to teaching kids” is pretty tame to be honest. In the last few week I’ve been referred to as a Gaylord, a retard, and a mong. And that was off a guy who I’m 99.9 percent sure teaches at a university and actually works with disabled people. You couldn’t make it up.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 00:02 - Aug 19 with 1692 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 23:59 - Aug 18 by rochdale_ranger

Why on earth would you reveal personal details. It’s just dumb. The internet can bring out the worst in people. The readership of this forum numbers in the thousands how do you know your not going to rub a reader up the wrong way let alone someone who posts. And to be fair “ stick to teaching kids” is pretty tame to be honest. In the last few week I’ve been referred to as a Gaylord, a retard, and a mong. And that was off a guy who I’m 99.9 percent sure teaches at a university and actually works with disabled people. You couldn’t make it up.

One issue is that such a comment (like those made to you) are unnecessary and nothing whatsoever to do with a thread about Fleetwood v Dale.

It's revealing personal information about someone and, in my opinion, is out of order.

Obviously some of us have different expectations.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 0:07]

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 00:10 - Aug 19 with 1666 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 00:02 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

One issue is that such a comment (like those made to you) are unnecessary and nothing whatsoever to do with a thread about Fleetwood v Dale.

It's revealing personal information about someone and, in my opinion, is out of order.

Obviously some of us have different expectations.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 0:07]

Not at all I think Dale23years is out of order. Some of my posts are borderline from time to time but I don’t really get personal as I don’t know who any of you lot are so I’m not in a position to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024