Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Fleetwood, away 13:56 - Aug 18 with 24560 views442Dale

From the Fleetwood bar team was announced and it sounded like Ntlhe and Rathbone have retained their places. Done and MJW on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:00 - Aug 18 with 2818 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 17:47 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

He’s the one holding the tube and sticking pieces in the wrong places. But yes, reasonably easy to sort so that we don’t have a situation where we have a CB at RB, a left sided CB occupying the right hand side in a back four, a forward in midfield and a midfielder at RB prior to all that.

It was like that all last season as well.
The guy thinks he's totally blameless. We have a strong squad but the only person making us weak is Keith hill and is project to play total passing football.

Glad more people are seeing what I was seeing last season.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 2757 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 17:47 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

He’s the one holding the tube and sticking pieces in the wrong places. But yes, reasonably easy to sort so that we don’t have a situation where we have a CB at RB, a left sided CB occupying the right hand side in a back four, a forward in midfield and a midfielder at RB prior to all that.

I'd love to see the results of a thousand piece jigsaw completed by Hill.......Bits of sky on the floor, a lovely green grassy sunset......Rounded corners and edges with them sticky out bits everywhere......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:12 - Aug 18 with 2741 viewsscarrow

The formation is one which does work, it did for the tail end of last season. Problems with defenders mobility and lillis making saves which bounce back into the 6 yard box and the defenders don't react. Hill for his faults - I'd have him ahead of thebartons of this world.

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:27 - Aug 18 with 2654 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 16:58 - Aug 18 by fitzochris

Why?

Sorry I should've been more specific. That's not gonna go down too well with Dale23years.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:02 - Aug 18 with 2464 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:27 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

Sorry I should've been more specific. That's not gonna go down too well with Dale23years.

Yes cause I like paying 150 quid for me and family to watch dale lose or draw.

Watched dale through thick and thin (good times and bad times)
What I don't like is tactically indept manager (same as last season) then directing the blame from himself.

We have no plan B or C and that fault of the manager.
We had 4 players playing at RWB/RB in 90 mins ffs the manager deserves to be criticise for that.

Maybe if you travelled to a couple of away games you might see what I mean, Or even take your I love keith hill glasses for a couple of games, you might see what people (who went today) are concerned about.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:16 - Aug 18 with 2389 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:02 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

What I don't like is tactically indept manager (same as last season) then directing the blame from himself.

We had 4 players playing at RWB/RB in 90 mins ffs the manager deserves to be criticise for that.

Maybe if you travelled to a couple of away games you might see what I mean, Or even take your I love keith hill glasses for a couple of games, you might see what people (who went today) are concerned about.

Fair play to you - you're support is a credit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:28 - Aug 18 with 2321 viewsscarrow

Get a grip. Hill isn't perfect far from it but your constant negativity about him is wrong. Take off your I hate Keith hill glasses

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:00 - Aug 18 with 2171 views442Dale

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 18:00 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

It was like that all last season as well.
The guy thinks he's totally blameless. We have a strong squad but the only person making us weak is Keith hill and is project to play total passing football.

Glad more people are seeing what I was seeing last season.

Many, many people saw it last season and said so.

It doesn’t mean they think that Hill’s a bad manager or the wrong manager for Dale, just that he makes mistakes and they have no problem saying so. If that annoys Hill/the club/other fans, tough because in general most are fully being the manager and only want to see improvements.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:07 - Aug 18 with 2136 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:28 - Aug 18 by scarrow

Get a grip. Hill isn't perfect far from it but your constant negativity about him is wrong. Take off your I hate Keith hill glasses

It isn’t about “I hate Keith Hill Glasses” and to add to dale23years post, it’s £250 in the main stand, even worse, lge 2 promotion season off memory was nearly £400 each so A fortune for the 3 of us, plus away games... what has he done since he came back, yes 1 promotion & a trip to Wembley on the back of a Spurs replay, yes we were all on the pitch last year celebrating...

Is it KH or the Club???, no striker again, no ambition it seems, money in the bank great, we ain’t the Biffos or the Buckets financial wise but Christ, we ain’t playing well again, if I wanted to see something diagonal would go to that big street in Barcelona..

Mike Basset for me, 4-4-2 & go for it , not 1-3-6-1 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:24 - Aug 18 with 2041 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 15:36 - Aug 18 by dalenumber2

Own goal, Delaney or McNulty?

Neither, it was put in by Paddy Madden. No idea why it's been reported as an own goal.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:25 - Aug 18 with 2038 viewsDaley_Lama

Me = Perkins after the second.

Get the beep in!!!!

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 2022 viewsTVOS1907

I'd get your internet connection looked at, if I was you. It only seems to work when we don't win.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:34 - Aug 18 with 1990 viewsjudd

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:24 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Neither, it was put in by Paddy Madden. No idea why it's been reported as an own goal.

Looked an og to me

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:36 - Aug 18 with 1984 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:07 - Aug 18 by blackdogblue

It isn’t about “I hate Keith Hill Glasses” and to add to dale23years post, it’s £250 in the main stand, even worse, lge 2 promotion season off memory was nearly £400 each so A fortune for the 3 of us, plus away games... what has he done since he came back, yes 1 promotion & a trip to Wembley on the back of a Spurs replay, yes we were all on the pitch last year celebrating...

Is it KH or the Club???, no striker again, no ambition it seems, money in the bank great, we ain’t the Biffos or the Buckets financial wise but Christ, we ain’t playing well again, if I wanted to see something diagonal would go to that big street in Barcelona..

Mike Basset for me, 4-4-2 & go for it , not 1-3-6-1 🤨

" what has he done since he came back, yes 1 promotion & a trip to Wembley on the back of a Spurs replay"

* Fifth consecutive season in the third tier
* FA Cup fourth round three times
* FA Cup fifth round once
* Three top ten finishes in League 1 in four years
* Money generated for the club through discovering and selling-on Hogan

I'll let others add to the list.

"we ain’t the Biffos or the Buckets financial wise"

We ain't them footballing wise either. Last time I looked, they were in League 2.

Christ, Hill isn't perfect, the club isn't perfect, the team isn't perfect, but all this because we haven't beaten Fleetwood!

Since the start of pre-season we've played 10 matches and lost ONE. Let's at least get things in some sort of perspective.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 1942 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:34 - Aug 18 by judd

Looked an og to me

Not from t'other side of the goal. Madden poked/deflected it in.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:50 - Aug 18 with 1891 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 19:16 - Aug 18 by dingdangblue

Fair play to you - you're support is a credit.

I have to disagree, I'm afraid

His expenditure is bringing him mainly pain and grief, and precious little joy

What a waste of money

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:50 - Aug 18 with 1887 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:28 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

I'd get your internet connection looked at, if I was you. It only seems to work when we don't win.

Burton ??

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 with 1869 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:44 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Not from t'other side of the goal. Madden poked/deflected it in.

Must admit I thought it came off Delaney. I was the away seating side of the goal.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 with 1858 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:50 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

Burton ??

Richard?

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:55 - Aug 18 with 1849 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 by DaleiLama

Must admit I thought it came off Delaney. I was the away seating side of the goal.

Madden was lurking at the far post and turned it in after the flick off Delaney.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 1813 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 20:53 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Richard?

Did I not post after the Burton game,

#Sarcasticsadprick.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 7:19]

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:02 - Aug 18 with 1813 viewsDareToCalvin

What Hill said during the week is right; we are only 5% off being a very good team. After today, a couple of things to maybe think about:
Is 5 at the back still effective for us? Granted it saved us last season but at the minute we look absent in the middle of the park; I remember today Perkins having to wiggle out of many tough situations (very well I might add) because he had literally no options; maybe a change to 4 at the back is something to think about?
Also, all the great Hill teams of the past have all had quick strikers playing; think Hogan, Dagnall, Alfie, Done a few years ago. These players suit our style and while I do think it is useful to have the option of Calvin/Wilbraham, maybe it would be better having Done and Hendo up top with maybe Calvin deployed as a wide target man? This allows us to build from the back, whilst also having the option of a long ball in the event of chasing a game/ a clearance.
Not saying we should do any of this; just things that sprang to mind on the drive home today.
As for all the negativity, give over. It's August, the squad looks good and can only get better and Wilbraham will improve.
I would have taken 4 points from our first 3 games before the season kicked off.
Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:04 - Aug 18 with 1805 viewsDaleiLama

There's positional flexibility, cross training etc and then there's bat-sh1t crazy a la one flew over the cuckoo's nest. How many RB's did we have today? I wonder how far down the RB pecking order cannon is then? Clearly behind Olly. What has he done?

That was the most bizarre 90 minutes you could hope to see and to think we came away with a point. We have 4 points from 9, which is a strike rate of 61 for the season. Based on what I've seen and read, that seems to more or less fit.

On the plus side, we've played three teams which should finish top half and upwards. We are scoring late goals this season.

On the downside, did anyone think that team looked confident? Delaney looked like he was scared to death of the ball, there was little creativity in general (contrast to past seasons before last) and teams have worked out that if they press us we don't play well. We look one dimensional and played our get out of jail free card today.

Still very early days. Still 43 games = 129 points to play for. Still a million and one permutations for team selection. Never a dull moment …………..

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 1780 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:01 - Aug 18 by Dale23years

Did I not post after the Burton game,

#Sarcasticsadprick.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 7:19]

Yes, you posted once and even that was half-negative.

You posted around eight negative, angry, critical comments this afternoon, all because we weren't beating Fleetwood.

The rest of your post doesn't even merit a response.

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:18 - Aug 18 with 1714 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Fleetwood, away on 21:02 - Aug 18 by DareToCalvin

What Hill said during the week is right; we are only 5% off being a very good team. After today, a couple of things to maybe think about:
Is 5 at the back still effective for us? Granted it saved us last season but at the minute we look absent in the middle of the park; I remember today Perkins having to wiggle out of many tough situations (very well I might add) because he had literally no options; maybe a change to 4 at the back is something to think about?
Also, all the great Hill teams of the past have all had quick strikers playing; think Hogan, Dagnall, Alfie, Done a few years ago. These players suit our style and while I do think it is useful to have the option of Calvin/Wilbraham, maybe it would be better having Done and Hendo up top with maybe Calvin deployed as a wide target man? This allows us to build from the back, whilst also having the option of a long ball in the event of chasing a game/ a clearance.
Not saying we should do any of this; just things that sprang to mind on the drive home today.
As for all the negativity, give over. It's August, the squad looks good and can only get better and Wilbraham will improve.
I would have taken 4 points from our first 3 games before the season kicked off.

I confess I have wondered about the back 5/WBs.

D_Alien posted a good argument for the other day, but have we got the right players for it?

Kgosi seems to be being groomed at LB (?) and Raff seems to be getting subbed a bit recently. And an open question (not having seen all games but harking back to memories from last season) - how good have their final balls into the box been? By playing them forward, is this contributing to the "individual mistakes" at the back? All things which I hope are being pondered.

Not saying 5-3-2 doesn't work, but we seemed to by-pass midfield a lot last year. This was an area of strength in the past. I wouldn't say we won the midfield battle today either.

Also wondering about MJW on the bench. Was very much hoping to see him again today. In a side short of players who can play a killer ball, he may have made a difference?

More questions than answers at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 21:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024