Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... 18:25 - Dec 15 with 18938 viewsMoonyDale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:56 - Dec 15 with 2454 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:46 - Dec 15 by kiwidale

Is there a way to make the poll relative I.E. how many voters in total? if this is just me and dale 23yrs its hardly reflective.

There are 69 votes tonight as I post this.......

Not that big a "turnout" so far, but the worm is turning slowly.....
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:00 - Dec 16 with 2444 viewsDaleFan7

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:39 - Dec 15 by James1980

I believe that Hexiteers have been a very vocal minority on here when we lose. An extremely silent minority yet strategically placed around the ground during matches. Which has lead to flat atmosphere whilst games are being played.
I base the later on during games at times a chant will start but pockets of fans remain stoney silent and I for one feel uncomfortable joining in, that might just be me, but could it be others also feel the same?
It is a massive what if but say we do go on a fantastic run for the rest of the season. Will those calling for Hill to exit stage left change their tune or are your minds made up regardless?

Do you read things before you post them?

'Strategically placed around the ground.' Do you genuinely believe that there is some form of illuminati that get together and discuss what theyre going to post and where theyre going to sit to make sure no chants can be started.

Spotland has never been a particularly vocal stadium and if it was with the dross that's been served up for the 18 months there would be boo's galore. As well as Dale fans have been lucky with Hill over the years, Hill will do well to remember he's been lucky with Dale fans. Any other club and he'd have had a lot more than the odd comment from a random person sat behind him.

There have been problems for ages. They arent ever addressed.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:16 - Dec 16 with 2414 viewsKnowlesy

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:46 - Dec 15 by kiwidale

Is there a way to make the poll relative I.E. how many voters in total? if this is just me and dale 23yrs its hardly reflective.

When I voted it changed by less than 2% which suggests >50 votes.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:24 - Dec 16 with 2395 viewsDaleFan7

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:16 - Dec 16 by Knowlesy

When I voted it changed by less than 2% which suggests >50 votes.

If you click on the segments of the pie chart it tells you how many people voted for that option.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:31 - Dec 16 with 2384 viewsJames1980

I am Hill In but wondering if a new manager might be good so EVERYONE will get behind them.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:38 - Dec 16 with 2382 viewsKnowlesy

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:24 - Dec 16 by DaleFan7

If you click on the segments of the pie chart it tells you how many people voted for that option.

That's easier.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 01:31 - Dec 16 with 2350 viewsSandyman

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:34 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

Since the 16th December 2017 we have played 25 home games and won ...5..Disgraceful at any level of football.

A statistic that speaks volumes, There was a run where we won TEN at home on the bounce within recent memory. Now ?
Keith, it's crap now. You're not sorting it. Same old platitudes after every game. And this is becoming all too obvious. It's tired, lazy and anything but the "NO FEAR" you will always be remembered and respected for. Where would your reputation be without RAFC ?
If you can't get the mojo going, time for someone who can. No one person is EVER bigger than the club. The Plymouth game was yet another example of how poorly we are being managed. Again.
UP THE DALE
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 06:19 - Dec 16 with 2287 viewskiwidale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 01:31 - Dec 16 by Sandyman

A statistic that speaks volumes, There was a run where we won TEN at home on the bounce within recent memory. Now ?
Keith, it's crap now. You're not sorting it. Same old platitudes after every game. And this is becoming all too obvious. It's tired, lazy and anything but the "NO FEAR" you will always be remembered and respected for. Where would your reputation be without RAFC ?
If you can't get the mojo going, time for someone who can. No one person is EVER bigger than the club. The Plymouth game was yet another example of how poorly we are being managed. Again.
UP THE DALE

They say a week is a long time in politics. In football management 18 months is a long career. Apparently Raneiri was the best manager Leicester ever had, he got 4 months into the new season before Leicester sacked him. Flitcroft was the messiah at Barnsley he raised them from the dead after Hill was sacked for being crap. The only success Hill has had is at Rochdale he failed at Barnsley and is failing here. Brian Clough was sacked by Forrest, Derby and Leeds. Alf Ramsey lost the England Job after winning the World cup see the pattern?

Pick the bones out of that and before anybody ask who would I suggest I haven't got a clue that will be down to the new board.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 06:40 - Dec 16 with 2276 viewssmaclad1

An interview with a manager whose team has just lost and is hovering just above the relegation zone, and who has a decent assurance that the Board is not about to sack him...AND who seems relaxed and happy within himself, who does not blame named individual players for errors and gives indication of encouragement in the interview.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46581362

'Nuff said.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 08:05 - Dec 16 with 2216 viewsJimmyRustler

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:39 - Dec 15 by James1980

I believe that Hexiteers have been a very vocal minority on here when we lose. An extremely silent minority yet strategically placed around the ground during matches. Which has lead to flat atmosphere whilst games are being played.
I base the later on during games at times a chant will start but pockets of fans remain stoney silent and I for one feel uncomfortable joining in, that might just be me, but could it be others also feel the same?
It is a massive what if but say we do go on a fantastic run for the rest of the season. Will those calling for Hill to exit stage left change their tune or are your minds made up regardless?

Strategically placed dissenters? I thought I'd seen it all yesterday after Lillis' line dancing exploits but apparently not. James, you seem like a decent lad but you don't half talk with your dick out at times
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 08:25 - Dec 16 with 2191 viewsNDGN82

Has anyone ever known a Rochdale manager (apart from KH these last 18 months) set up at HOME with no goal scorer up front in a league game in the hope that we hold on for a draw or might nick ONE goal to win it (as he’s pretty much aluded to in his interview)?

It is an embarrassment and he is officially taking the piss out of us all - we weren’t playing fcuking Brazil!

One final conspiracy theory - if he can get it so there are no Dale fans left or going to games then there’ll be no-one to question his godly status. It’s certainly working if that is the aim
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 08:43 - Dec 16 with 2158 viewsscarrow

Dale are a better team when they have a go - play the attacking football on the deck which stood Dale so well in previous years.

Recruitment definitely is an issue and has been for the last few years - I was expecting Dooley to me a flying winger not a midfielder...

Poll: Final position

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 09:18 - Dec 16 with 2102 viewsNDGN82

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 08:43 - Dec 16 by scarrow

Dale are a better team when they have a go - play the attacking football on the deck which stood Dale so well in previous years.

Recruitment definitely is an issue and has been for the last few years - I was expecting Dooley to me a flying winger not a midfielder...

Recruitment is only a small part of the issue - being the fact that he no longer wants to recruit strikers, just attacking midfielders. Having said that we have two quite capable goalscorers (Henderson and Done) at our football club - neither of which he wants to play in the middle up front

Agree Dooley should be running at defenders not held back in midfield
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 09:24 - Dec 16 with 2088 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 08:05 - Dec 16 by JimmyRustler

Strategically placed dissenters? I thought I'd seen it all yesterday after Lillis' line dancing exploits but apparently not. James, you seem like a decent lad but you don't half talk with your dick out at times

I retract that part of my comment.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 11:16 - Dec 16 with 1969 viewsjonahwhereru

My option on when the club should replace Keith Hill won’t change. Have already said if going into Xmas the team in in the bottom half of league two it would be game up. So we have an absolute minimum 46 games with Hill still in charge, and hopefully a at least double that.

I say this as that is where Hill picked us up from.

He must be meeting his objectives and has one of the most challenging jobs in the football league.

Now if we are still in L1 when Hill’s contract is up that would be a different matter. Would he / the club want to go again.

Would prefer to get someone in along side Hill as part of a succession plan if that is the case. Could that be Chris Beech, not sure. I am sure I would need a clean break with Keith cometh the time. He is a to bigger character in the club to be given an upstairs role. That would not be fair to the new incumbent.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 11:48 - Dec 16 with 1937 viewsJames1980

How long left on KH's contract? Can anyone hazard a guess at how much paying him off will cost?

My assumption is that based on a cost benefit analysis the board have decided that Hill in is the most prudent course of action.
That the cost of sacking KH and employing a new manager will cost more financially than relegation.
If a new manager did come in how likely is it they will do anymore than keep us in League 1 something Hill has proven he can do.
If we do get end up challenging for playoffs/promotion will the prize money from a higher league position be sufficient to cover costs of paying up KH contract and employing a new gaffer?
If a new manager comes in and all of a sudden we start playing like we are the Liverpool or Man City of League 1 will there be a massive up take in gate receipts, again sufficient to cover costs of firing and hiring?
Would the cost of Firing+Hiring+Getting Relegated anyway=Massive Financial detriment?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 12:14]

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:25 - Dec 16 with 1875 viewsBobbyjoe

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 00:31 - Dec 16 by James1980

I am Hill In but wondering if a new manager might be good so EVERYONE will get behind them.

You're not a press secretary in real life, are you, James?
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:33 - Dec 16 with 1855 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:25 - Dec 16 by Bobbyjoe

You're not a press secretary in real life, are you, James?

Not one of those sorry to disappoint.
Would a new manager everyone gets behind actually be better?
Especially as it would appear there are those that have decided that regardless of what Hill does from now on they want him gone.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:43 - Dec 16 with 1836 viewsBobbyjoe

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:33 - Dec 16 by James1980

Especially as it would appear there are those that have decided that regardless of what Hill does from now on they want him gone.

I don't have a view, but I believe you could sell me the benefits of Brexit!!!
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:43 - Dec 16 with 1836 viewselectricblue

Reading this thread and at the end of the day its all about ifs n buts..
If Dale sacked hill what would happen!!
But would a new manager improve the situation.

The way i see it.
Every football manager as a sell by date so as Hill come to his ?
Wenger was a prime example in the end he went.

I dont attend matches but i read this forum and look at supporters views...

As somebody once said and every manager will say this.
Football is a results game.

Hill as improved things at Dale from day one he became manager to weither its his first stint which everybody keeps upon pointing to or his inceasingly unpopular 2nd stay..

As the game reached a point where nearly every season after a poor run the supporters want the managers head if that was the case just think of what situation that the club could be in.....Dire

What the supporters have to remember is that Dale are punching above their weight by staying in lge1 each season we all know of the playing budget is one of the lowest in the lower leagues christ even some non lge clubs have a bigger budget...

The manager as and will continue to make mistakes thats the nature of the game and its a constant learning curve for any manager as each season its different.

So becareful what you wish for in sacking a manager who knows this club both in and out....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:47 - Dec 16 with 1831 viewsSandyman

Probably.
Currently this is just a stage in losing confidence in a manager. As time goes on and nothing changes on the pitch, more and more supporters get fed up. Hill has a lot of "brownie points" thanks to PAST successes and a long contract to insulate him, but that is starting to wear thin. The board usually acts when attendances start to drop noticeably and the terraces get proper grouchy.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:01 - Dec 16 with 1804 viewsdale5758

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 20:08 - Dec 15 by Dickydaler

My point stands

I say out and iv awys ben lways ben suppootererof HILl ans iv evotd out brin in Pul Hurs n ie hm adomrorry yot ppendn :)

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:07 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewsCleedale

Think that's an interesting comment James - would a new Rochdale manager actually change much?

Imho., we are what we are with a limited budget. The style of play has definitely been found out and I don't think we have anyone other than Hendo who can regularly score - is it just 17 goals by others in 22 games?

And, despite lots of action around the opposition's box in numerous games we invariably are NOT making it count - 'especially' when we are trying to break sides down. Shots off target? Shots on target? Are we being punished for where we 'aren't' making it count atm?

I'd love to see total playing budgets for League 1 this season to see IF there's anyone we compare with.

Our budget might be big for Dale but can anyone quote what we're up against?
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:13 - Dec 16 with 1771 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:01 - Dec 16 by dale5758

I say out and iv awys ben lways ben suppootererof HILl ans iv evotd out brin in Pul Hurs n ie hm adomrorry yot ppendn :)

Wow,that's a very interesting insight 5758, now what the f*ck are you on about?
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:16 - Dec 16 with 1767 viewsNafelad

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 12:43 - Dec 16 by electricblue

Reading this thread and at the end of the day its all about ifs n buts..
If Dale sacked hill what would happen!!
But would a new manager improve the situation.

The way i see it.
Every football manager as a sell by date so as Hill come to his ?
Wenger was a prime example in the end he went.

I dont attend matches but i read this forum and look at supporters views...

As somebody once said and every manager will say this.
Football is a results game.

Hill as improved things at Dale from day one he became manager to weither its his first stint which everybody keeps upon pointing to or his inceasingly unpopular 2nd stay..

As the game reached a point where nearly every season after a poor run the supporters want the managers head if that was the case just think of what situation that the club could be in.....Dire

What the supporters have to remember is that Dale are punching above their weight by staying in lge1 each season we all know of the playing budget is one of the lowest in the lower leagues christ even some non lge clubs have a bigger budget...

The manager as and will continue to make mistakes thats the nature of the game and its a constant learning curve for any manager as each season its different.

So becareful what you wish for in sacking a manager who knows this club both in and out....

In response to some of your points:
I don't think Dale are punching above their weight, having performed in League 1 for the length of time that we have now.
Having a bigger budget obviously hasn't helped some non-league teams move on.
The manager making mistakes is in the nature of the game, but our manager is making the same mistakes week in, week out - and has been for the past two seasons.
Most people learn from their mistakes - our manager doesn't.

Topcat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024